Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's the fear of the weegie masses doing this that is making them shite it from moving Edinburgh into tier 2.

Can hardly blame people through here for doing it, if Edinburgh did go to Tier 2. Been ages since anyone has been able to go for a drink or go for dinner.

It's been 3 weeks since anyone has even been allowed to go for a coffee!

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Can hardly blame people through here for doing it, if Edinburgh did go to Tier 2. Been ages since anyone has been able to go for a drink or go for dinner.

It's been 3 weeks since anyone has even been allowed to go for a coffee!

If and it's a big if, Edinburgh drops to level 2. I can see there being a Police presence at Haymarket and Waverley stations waiting on the trains arriving from Glasgow :D

I wouldn't put it past them

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

See that some benefit cheating couple have broken the Tier 3 rules today

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-locals-reporting-william-kate-19414186

Aren't you allowed to travel if it's work related? I assume this is their 'job'.

But of course, the royals can do as they please and us peasants will like it or lump it.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

If and it's a big if, Edinburgh drops to level 2. I can see there being a Police presence at Haymarket and Waverley stations waiting on the trains arriving from Glasgow :D

Fortunately, many years at Tynecastle has allowed me to perfect my east coast accent, hopefully it does the trick.😄 Or if that fails, I actually have my key worker letter I need to carry about, so I'll just use that.😎

Realistically, I think there would be a few going through but I don't think there would be masses. We currently have people in Glasgow stations checking why/where people are travelling, before allowing travel, so they'd need to bypass that first.

Just now, jonesy said:

Was going to post the same thing. The problem with the stats is that they don't take into account locality within the region. For example, a care home outbreak could bump up one of the rural area's stats, but this wouldn't massively impact the real-world situation of the region as a whole. Similarly, an isolated campus like Riccarton with high positives would have a different impact on real-world transmission when compared to a city-centre based uni.

Agreed. And hopefully those who make the decisions are able to see a much more finer-grained picture than we can from the published data. The Portlethen food-processing outbreak in Aberdeenshire was a good example, as was the Faslane outbreak. How much of those outbreaks was contained within the infected "system" and how much managed to leak out into the wider community? Unfortunately, the figures from Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire now clearly show, imo, that the outbreak there has spread out into the wider community. Pretty annoying for those in the north east because they were doing really well until that happened. Both Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire should be bumped up to tier 3 tomorrow, imo, because neither area have shown signs of consistently getting back to where they were before. But, as you say, we the general public have no idea as to how "clustery" the infections are in any one area.

One piece of good news is that all this week we have had lateral flow testing in 5 hotspots as well as for students with, as far as I am aware, recommendations for those found positive that they go and have a PCR test. So, we should perhaps have seen by now a significant spike in the number of cases and we haven't as yet done so.

Nucky Thompson

When I was travelling through Berwick this morning, there was a crowd waiting at the railway bridge overlooking Berwick Station.

Loads of Police kicking around too, they didn't seem to mind people gathering to get a glimpse of the royal couple 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nucky.........................

I know jonesy, but I had some essential work to do, so it's allowed :thumb:

I got down and back up the A1 in record time, so it looks like most folk are following the rules on travel

Got told today that I'll be able to get the vaccine in this first phase through work. Just a case of getting a slot booked for it. Phoneline we were given has been full all day. 

55 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep i was in the Ship in Melrose on Friday they have an outside seated area that's covered but open at one side and you can bevvy until 9.30then drink up and out by ten.

Our local has put gazebos up in their beer garden with patio heaters.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Got told today that I'll be able to get the vaccine in this first phase through work. Just a case of getting a slot booked for it. Phoneline we were given has been full all day. 

Great news, could you please keep us up to date of how it all happens,  that would be brilliant thanks. 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That should be standard practice already. 

48 minutes ago, Cade said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-locals-reporting-william-kate-19414186

Some people in the public eye travel for "work" that others might not feel is necessary.

Just like the FM and chums travelling to do the daily show when it could be done virtually

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great news, could you please keep us up to date of how it all happens,  that would be brilliant thanks. 

Will do. Will take photographs of any 3rd arms and such I develop too.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Will do. Will take photographs of any 3rd arms and such I develop too.

**** me it doesn’t make you a St Mirren fan does it 😆?

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That should be standard practice already. 

No got the staff to do that 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Candy said:

Some people in the public eye travel for "work" that others might not feel is necessary.

Just like the FM and chums travelling to do the daily show when it could be done virtually

I think she should be staying at Bute house during the week, not sure where the rest stay but the FM questions should be done virtually too. Setting an example is important. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

No way they can move the others down to tier 3 and keep Edinburgh there, if they do then their Tier system is fecked and loses all credibility

This.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

No surprise that the people all over Twitter reporting this to the police ect are SNP supporters 

Honestly what weirdos go out their way to report this? 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

No surprise that the people all over Twitter reporting this to the police ect are SNP supporters 

So these leeches are allowed to break the rules.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

What a life those people must lead, bitter about anything English or British.

It doesn't help when their WM leader wrongly accuses an English person of breaking the law because he was in Scotland taking photos.

The guy happened to live here.

No wonder Scotland is such a bigoted, backward country

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

So these leeches are allowed to break the rules.

Royal duties will be classed as essential work.

They were up here to thank all the frontline workers for their hard work.

The same people who are raging about them coming, would have still been raging if they went on a tour of England and Wales and missed Scotland out

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The same people who are raging about them coming, would have still been raging if they went on a tour of England and Wales and missed Scotland out

Of course it is essential work.😄

The poster suggesting it’s Nationalists is utter pish.

We better stay on topic and the FM gets the capital on Tier2 because I won’t be happy.

As someone else mentioned it would make the Tier system laughable.

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep i was in the Ship in Melrose on Friday they have an outside seated area that's covered but open at one side and you can bevvy until 9.30then drink up and out by ten.

Cheers for that info. 

Of course it is essential work.😄

The poster suggesting it’s Nationalists is utter pish.

We better stay on topic and the FM gets the capital on Tier2 because I won’t be happy.

To be honest the last thing I would want at this time of year and after this shit storm of a year is two privileged elitist a*****s patronizing me about how well I have done....they can bolt...

Nucky Thompson

Hopefully we get there 🥃

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The weedgies will appear.  They done it in north argyll just outside oban.  A group of them got caught last week having a beach party.  Get the army ready at Maybury.  

I mentioned last week that my mum's partner had a pretty serious stroke. Luckily he got to St John's hospital within the "golden hour" and was able to have a clotbusting drug which prevents immediate risk of further stroke. Turns out the arteries in his neck are pretty blocked, the good news is that there is a 2 week window of opportunity to have an operation to relieve this and he is booked in for this Thursday. The bad news is that someone on his ward has tested positive for Covid so it might be cancelled. God knows what happens now.

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Latest per-council 7-day infection rates:

7-day per-100,000 cases              
Council Area Tier Today Yesterday   Start of T4’s       5 Dec 4 Dec 3 Dec 2 Dec 1 Dec
Clackmannanshire 3 227 194 +33 165 +62     217 208 200 192 155
Argyll and Bute 2 166 176 -10 31 +135     173 182 79 77 77
Glasgow City 4 159 162 -3 235 -76     156 155 153 160 155
North Lanarkshire 4 156 152 +4 235 -79     153 159 159 170 176
Renfrewshire 4 155 152 +3 260 -105     158 162 179 206 194
North Ayrshire 3 144 139 +5 124 +20     136 137 131 140 128
South Lanarkshire 4 138 128 +10 233 -95     136 146 159 172 174
East Renfrewshire 4 137 154 -17 195 -58     150 156 164 169 155
East Ayrshire 4 132 123 +9 152 -20     121 114 118 118 115
West Lothian 4 116 116 0 193 -77     110 114 130 132 127
Fife 3 111 105 +6 116 -5     101 103 103 107 99
Dundee City 3 110 104 +6 102 +8     101 96 98 92 92
East Dunbartonshire 4 105 110 -5 161 -56     101 100 113 121 117
South Ayrshire 4 100 103 -3 153 -53     101 103 100 114 125
Midlothian 3 94 82 +12 101 -7     86 83 88 86 65
Perth and Kinross 3 94 89 +5 116 -22     100 100 102 97 93
Aberdeenshire 2 88 92 -4 64 +24     90 91 92 87 93
Stirling 4 83 70 +13 210 -127     84 94 99 124 123
Aberdeen City 2 80 66 +14 51 +29     73 64 65 71 90
Falkirk 3 79 76 +3 85 -6     68 62 57 59 58
Edinburgh City 3 77 70 +7 84 -7     72 67 63 68 69
East Lothian 2 76 71 +5 48 +28     66 63 56 49 48
West Dunbartonshire 4 76 70 +6 142 -66     87 89 85 94 89
Angus 3 62 67 -5 88 -26     64 66 66 62 62
Inverclyde 3 59 67 -8 99 -40     57 55 64 90 87
Scottish Borders 2 40 37 +3 74 -34     35 35 34 33 33
Dumfries & Galloway 2 26 23 +3 34 -8     21 20 21 21 21
Moray 1 16 14 +2 25 -9     11 11 14 11 9
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 15 15 0 0 +15     15 15 22 22 22
Highland 1 10 18 -8 19 -9     17 20 18 18 19
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0 4 0     4 4 4 9 9
Shetland Islands 1 4 4 0 13 -9     4 4 4 9 17
Scotland   105 99 +6 135 -30     101 101 101 106 105

Cheers Red :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Every day of their lives is like a school outing.  Trying stuff in factories etc.  And we pay those sponges for it.  

Do we? How much do we pay them and can you post a link to a reference for it?

27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'd be guilty of your last point.   A few of us would...

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

To be honest the last thing I would want at this time of year and after this shit storm of a year is two privileged elitist a*****s patronizing me about how well I have done....they can bolt...

Exactly.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Yup, the cultural expectations and traditions in Australia and New Zealand can be a bit strange at times. I mean, they drink Fosters and all that...! ;)

Aussies don't drink Foster's so they've got a lot more sense than many Britons!

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/dec/01/fosters-australian-for-beer-around-the-world-will-soon-be-introduced-to-australians

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

taxpayers foot the bill for expenses on official royal visits through the Sovereign Grant. For example, Prince William's trip to the middle east last June cost £73,938

Edited by Dandyman79

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I meant that we pay for all their school outings.  Who else is? 

You saying that the Duke and Duchess of Strathearn spend their own money?  

1 minute ago, Darren said:

:D I didn't know that. Must admit that I was partial to a Tooheys Red when I was over there.

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

When I was there 10 years ago, Many Heriot-Watt students lived in Slateford, Fountainbridge, Gorgie and Dalry and then west along the A71 corridor (Stenhouse, Calders etc) It is mainly first and final year students and postgrads on campus.   

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Darren said:

When i was in Sydney a lot of Aussies liked VB (Victorian Bitter) and some others. Pure Blonde or Carlton Draught were my favourites but was informed on here that they were shite :(. Don't know where the Fosters and Australia link came from as nowhere sells it.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

I got my records updated from the chemist via their computer, but the chemist at East Craigs is pretty much a supply store for the GP a couple of hundred yards down the road.

👍

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D I didn't know that. Must admit that I was partial to a Tooheys Red when I was over there.

Pure Blonde was the drink for me ( thought I better clarify it was drink I was talking about)

Edited by steve123
add

Just now, Dandyman79 said:

taxpayers foot the bill for expenses on official royal visits through the Sovereign Grant. For example, Prince William's trip to the middle east last June cost £73,938

The Sovereign Grant is an amount of money equivalent to 25% of the Crown Estate's profits. 

So for every pound the Royals give us we give them 25p back.

Almost all of William and Kate's money come from Prince Charles and the income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

They're hardly a financial burden are they?

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Seriously?

Seriously.

I've no time for them but the myth that they cost the taxpayers money is just that, a myth.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic