Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Pasquale for King
Just now, Taffin said:

Cheers 👍👍 I'm good to go in that case, it's difficult to visit branches from home. 

Remember to wear a tartan scarf to fit in 😆😜

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nice, what a caring guy you are. I’m not for doing it myself but it seems to be a thing nowadays that people announce deaths of family and pets on social media or their innermost thoughts, maybe it’s a pandemic thing. 

Very true . Yes Facebook death announcements  of family / friends members are now the norm . I don’t see an issue with this surely ? It gets the news out to family and friends etc quickly and people can offer their sympathies . Things have moved on now from putting death notices in the papers .  

Tenaciousdandy

Not the smartest move giving a 91 year the first vaccine and broadcasting like that, if she dies next week due to old age all the anti vax will be out blaming the vaccine 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Very true . Yes Facebook death announcements  of family / friends members are now the norm . I don’t see an issue with this surely ? It gets the news out to family and friends etc quickly and people can offer their sympathies . Things have moved on now from putting death notices in the papers .  

Yes I’m not sure if I would do it but haven’t had to. It’s definitely easier not to tell folk face to face and break down. It’s today’s world and the pandemic we are living through has accentuated it. 
I think if the Evening news stopped publishing death notices and charging over £100 they would fold. 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Argentina has passed laws that the onus is on the super rich to fund.

They’ve already defaulted on their debt this year so they’re running out of options. Although they got more joy with that than I expect they’ll get from their latest hairbrained scheme. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I’m not sure if I would do it but haven’t had to. It’s definitely easier not to tell folk face to face and break down. It’s today’s world and the pandemic we are living through has accentuated it. 
I think if the Evening news stopped publishing death notices and charging over £100 they would fold. 

Do they still do these death notices . It’s always been a racket really . 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Neither of which these two did yesterday, nothing that they do or say ever is essential work or travel, which is the point. 
Have you worked out how Zoom works yet, where lots of people from different places can talk to each other at the same time? 
Or that France is the biggest tourist destination in the world with no royals?

Let’s not bore everyone again. 

Twice now you've had a snide dig at me for not being up with technology. In the past month alone I have had meetings on Zoom, Google Meet and Skype for business in relation to my chosen career, does a furloughed potman use online meetings more?

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

From what I can gather you can only travel for work into Scotland if your incapable of doing it from home, or voluntary or charity work. 
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-travel-and-transport/#travelbetween

Cheers 👍👍 I'm good to go in that case, it's difficult to visit branches from home. 

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes that’s what they are, maiming and murdering people on mainland Britain 👍🏽👏🏾

Their ideals are similar even if how they go about it are different. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Do they still do these death notices . It’s always been a racket really . 

Yeah the only three people I know that buy it do so for the deaths. As you say just a con, not required these days really. 

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I disagree. Sharing your grief with all your facebook 'pals' is just attention seeking.

It's usually followed with a go fund me link.

All your really close family and friends will be in your mobile phone

53 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That just usually leads to money getting hidden or the rich people leaving the country.  End result is the same = no more money

Yep.

Maybe as we should, put folk in jail for doing so.  Long term.

But these folk are the lobbyers and law makers so won't happen.

Edited by DETTY29

3 hours ago, graygo said:

I've no time for them whatsoever and would have no problem at all if they were done away with.

It's simply that when I see or hear something that is patently wrong I have an urge to try to right that wrong.

You're right on that.   I'm not sure they should be getting the credit for the money tourism brings in.   

I bet we would have the same amount of visitors if they were scrapped.

According to the Panama papers the queen had ten million in an offshore account.  If she doesn't give a, why should others.   And how do they need and what do they spend it on?  They get free stuff every time they leave the house. 

Fergie got into 20 million dept.  So she blew about 30 million.  On what?

I do think yesterday is more to do with promoting this new breed of royals than it was to do with key workers.   Though I suppose all celebrities are at it...

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You're right on that.   I'm not sure they should be getting the credit for the money tourism brings in.   

I bet we would have the same amount of visitors if they were scrapped.

According to the Panama papers the queen had ten million in an offshore account.  If she doesn't give a, why should others?    And how much do they need, and what do they spend it on?  They get free stuff every time they leave the house. 

Fergie got into 20 million dept.  So she blew about 30 million.  On what?

I do think yesterday is more to do with promoting this new breed of royals than it was to do with key workers.   Though I suppose all celebrities are at it...

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whataboutery apparently isn’t acceptable, it’s why I didn’t mention Charles travelling up here when he had it too. As for her yes it’s unbelievable that anyone in her position would do that,in this day and age where you can do so much virtually wouldn’t you agree?

WTF has this crap got to do with this thead?  Take your issues over to the SNP thread where we can ignore it, thanks.

Its the kind of republican nonsense I'd expect to see of Kerrydale St.

Edited by frankblack

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

WTF has this crap got to do with this thead?  Take your issues over to the SNP thread where we can ignore it, thanks.

Not that you'll give a shit, but I'm warming to you frank.

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah the only three people I know that buy it do so for the deaths. As you say just a con, not required these days really. 

Not at all it’s an antiquated tradition 

24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I disagree. Sharing your grief with all your facebook 'pals' is just attention seeking.

It’s ok to disagree . Yes there are certainly some attention seekers on social media but I’ve seen some nice tributes to people from loved ones on it , so if it helps them that’s not a problem for me but I would over generalise by saying everyone is attention seeking when informing people of a loved ones death . However I do see your point about Having people’s names on their mobile phone to contact as well . 

28 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I obviously meant that posting deaths etc on Facebook was primarily to inform those not as close to the family of the deceased to be aware of the death . Obviously family and close friends can be contacted by other methods 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

He's agreeing with you about people breaking the Covid guidelines, it was your post that mentioned the SNP not his.

I think Frank’s point was the pages and pages of drivel about the royals could have been on another thread to be ignored by those who have no interest in it. The point about COVID rules was lost some pages ago. To be fair though Graygo’s final put down almost made the drivel worth it. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its the kind of republican nonsense I'd expect to see of Kerrydale St.

I think the only person that mentioned the SNP was you. 
So I give you an example of a royal doing the same as the person you want to criticise, rightly so too so you spit the dummy out? 
What’s someone breaking coronavirus restrictions got to do with the coronavirus thread? 
Yes I’m a republican, **** the Queen and her inbred sponges. **** the Huns, Tims, Pope and the IRA/UDA too.. 

7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Frank couldn't resist jumping into the debate to get his wee dig in at the SNP first (which is fine). 

His wider point stood though, **** knows how many posts about what the royals own and didn’t own or how much they cost us. 

Edited by Dazo

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

You're next for The Taming of the Flu Mr Shakespeare.  Left or right arm?  Left please.  As You Like It.

He has been dubbed

The gentleman of corona 

45 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

‘attention seeking’ ffs, and what’s wrong with a fund link especially if people can’t attend the funeral.

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don’t disagree, however he only criticised one side of the discussion for being on this thread. 

I don’t think his wider point was about the pages of irrelevant Royal pish, just about the bits he doesn’t agree with. 

Aye maybe. Roll on 2:15. 

Are we not better off vaccinating the young and fit first. These are the ones we are going to need in the workplace so we can get the economy going again. Don't really get why we are vaccinating people who will probably be dead next year anyway. Also leaving the frail and elderly just to die off will save billions on state pension, attendance allowance and pension credit. Controversial but hey its just an opinion.

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Are we not better off vaccinating the young and fit first. These are the ones we are going to need in the workplace so we can get the economy going again. Don't really get why we are vaccinating people who will probably be dead next year anyway. Also leaving the frail and elderly just to die off will save billions on state pension, attendance allowance and pension credit. Controversial but hey its just an opinion.

I suppose.

These disabled folk or mentally ill can be a drain too.

Dennis Reynolds

We should lock up the old and frail to protect them!

Has now turned into

Why are the old and frail getting the vaccine first!? 

As people like to constantly point out, generally, younger people have a much easier time of it. Possibly not even knowing the have it. Vaccinating the people who are more likely to die if they catch it seems like common sense to me. 

joondalupjambo
6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Controversial but guess what my 92 year old mother, who is as fit and able physically and mentally as you can be at that age said more of less the same as you. She also said, more loudly what about all these over weight folk that have never looked after themselves but expect to be protected now.  I had to say schhhhh Mum we are in the middle of a Q in Sainsburys :lol:

I love her Still Game moments to bits.

37 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

He's agreeing with you about people breaking the Covid guidelines, it was your post that mentioned the SNP not his.

No, it was one in a chain off off-topic republican nonsense.

25 minutes ago, Dazo said:

His wider point stood though, **** knows how many posts about what the royals own and didn’t own or how much they cost us. 

Precisely.  We are supposed to be debating the tier changes not that republican propaganda.

6 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Controversial but guess what my 92 year old mother, who is as fit and able physically and mentally as you can be at that age said more of less the same as you. She also said, more loudly what about all these over weight folk that have never looked after themselves but expect to be protected now.  I had to say schhhhh Mum we are in the middle of a Q in Sainsburys :lol:

I love her Still Game moments to bits.

My Mum is mid 80s and fitter than most, who does long walks and is in a ramblers club.

You get people of all ages fit or unhealthy.

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

100%.

Giving it to 90 year olds first while the economy crumbles.  

I give up, it's like Carry on Covid.

You've given up again!

Dennis Reynolds
18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Exactly. And of course, we should be simultaneously opening up all parts of society once the most vulnerable have been vaccinated. 

Yeah, agree.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nucky said he saw a few of them, is he lying too?

Sorry, I meant the person who posted the tweet is talking bullshit.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

So no leaks about Tier changes then. I don’t think Edinburgh are going to be low enough by the SG standards for Tier 2, who knows maybe some Christmas cheer delivered today. 

Let’s hope so 🤞

1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

Not the smartest move giving a 91 year the first vaccine and broadcasting like that, if she dies next week due to old age all the anti vax will be out blaming the vaccine 

There was some doctor (didn't catch his name) on Sky News yesterday saying similar.

He was on about people in their 70's, 80's & 90's will die from heart attacks, strokes, cancer, dementia etc etc etc, pretty much perfectly naturally days, weeks, months after they have had the vaccine, but his fear was that the anti-vaxxers etc will seize upon these deaths to push that the vaccine isn't safe or some other piece of crap that they'll spout.

There was one anti-vaxxer on Sky News, where she was convinced that no vaccine has ever been proved to be safe and no vaccine has ever worked. 

There is no talking to people like that, no amount of evidence will change their mind set, and sadly there is a lot of them about out there.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There was some doctor (didn't catch his name) on Sky News yesterday saying similar.

He was on about people in their 70's, 80's & 90's will die from heart attacks, strokes, cancer, dementia etc etc etc, pretty much perfectly naturally days, weeks, months after they have had the vaccine, but his fear was that the anti-vaxxers etc will seize upon these deaths to push that the vaccine isn't safe or some other piece of crap that they'll spout.

There was one anti-vaxxer on Sky News, where she was convinced that no vaccine has ever been proved to be safe and no vaccine has ever worked. 

There is no talking to people like that, no amount of evidence will change their mind set, and sadly there is a lot of them about out there.

Social Media is absolutely cancerous... YouTube in particular.

The amount amount of 'fake news' going round these channels is scary.

16 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

So no leaks about Tier changes then. I don’t think Edinburgh are going to be low enough by the SG standards for Tier 2, who knows maybe some Christmas cheer delivered today. 

The leaks are normally when it's bad news, so fingers crossed no leaks means good news!

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don’t think Edinburgh are going to be low enough by the SG standards for Tier 2, 

And no doubt all the Murrell apologists will be on defending their decision 

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Regular pub goers and pub staff should get the vaccine first.  Amirite?

Feck the staff, anybody can pour a pint. It's not like you need a university degree or anything.

:whistling:

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Feck the staff, anybody can pour a pint. It's not like you need a university degree or anything.

:whistling:

:jjyay:

10 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

But wait, hold on - pubs are totally safe, it’s schools and teachers that need to get it. 

Surely the royal family and their household should be getting it first, no?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic