Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Is the key worker spiel still a thing in Scotland?

Down here you're allowed to travel for work whether you're a 'key worker' or not if it's essential to your business and cannot be done from home.

Sorry for all the questions, don't want to break the rules when I do head back up for work.

Cheers 👍

Edited by Taffin

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Sorry missed your response.

They had a good reason to travel, work. This is included in the list of exceptions.

travel for work or an activity associated with seeking employment, or to provide voluntary or charitable services, but only where that cannot be done from your home.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-travel-and-transport/

You hate them and all they stand for, I get that. I've no time for them either but you're letting that hatred allow you to believe things that are not true.

They don’t work, she’s never had a job. It’s a pointless journey that serves no purpose. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

So all those Scottish MPs in Westminster are breaking the law then?

Clue - the answer is no.

They’re classed as key workers, these two are not. 

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Who owns the duchy of Cornwall again?

What?  The Duke of Cornwall.

The Duchy of Cornwall is a private estate established by Edward III in 1337 to provide independence to his son and heir, Prince Edward. A charter ruled that each future Duke of Cornwall would be the eldest surviving son of the Monarch and heir to the throne. The current Duke of Cornwall, HRH The Prince of Wales, is the longest serving Duke in history. The revenue from his estate is used to fund the public, private and charitable activities of The Duke and his children.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Is the key worker spiel still a thing in Scotland?

Down here you're allowed to travel for work whether you're a 'key worker' or not if it's essential to your business and cannot be done from home.

Sorry for all the questions, don't want to break the rules when I do head back up for work.

Cheers 👍

You’re not allowed to go into Wales or Scotland. Graygo put up the link ^^^.

Pasquale for King
Just now, graygo said:

What?  The Duke of Cornwall.

The Duchy of Cornwall is a private estate established by Edward III in 1337 to provide independence to his son and heir, Prince Edward. A charter ruled that each future Duke of Cornwall would be the eldest surviving son of the Monarch and heir to the throne. The current Duke of Cornwall, HRH The Prince of Wales, is the longest serving Duke in history. The revenue from his estate is used to fund the public, private and charitable activities of The Duke and his children.

He gets a tax break on that too. 
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/royal-wedding-family-how-much-uk-economy-benefits-cost-meghan-markle-expense-a8345436.html

Oh well, I suppose a debate about the funding of the royal family here on the Coronavirus thread does make a welcome change from the usual pro/-anti-independence debates. :) :banghead:

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Oh well, I suppose a debate about the funding of the royal family here on the Coronavirus thread does make a welcome change from the usual pro/-anti-independence debates. :) :banghead:

Was actually quite funny watching it develop. 🤣

Ran out of popcorn though :sad3:

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It’s part of the same argument, but on topic so no need for anyone to grass us up this time. 

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, JWL said:

Here's hoping Kenny. Everything points to Edinburgh dropping a level but you never know with her. 

You were hearing Tier2 yesterday.

40 minutes ago, JWL said:

Here's hoping Kenny. Everything points to Edinburgh dropping a level but you never know with her. 

Prof Linda Bauld on The Nine.

All 'point in time' measurements indicate L2 for Edinburgh but future projections on impact on hospital and ICU admissions by relaxing restrictions, will be the challenging to confidently move Edinburgh to L2.

Then again, and if that's the case, how correct is it to bring all 11 councils out of L4?

Edited by DETTY29

Pasquale for King
Just now, DETTY29 said:

All 'point in time' measurements indicate L2 for Edinburgh but future projections on impact on hospital and ICU admissions by relaxing restrictions, will be the challenie to confidently move Edinburgh to L2.

Then again, and if that's the case, how correct is it to bring all 11 councils out of L4?

One thing has annoyed me is the commitment to taking all tier 4 councils down on the 11th, it seemed to be no matter what. But moving Edinburgh down has to take everything into consideration, which even if they do and they should, we simply must go down a tier. 

24 minutes ago, theshed said:

The same could have been said about Nicola sturgeon travelling from Glasgow to the western general this morning. Coming from a tier 4 area then straight into a hospital for a few photos 

Im a key worker in the utilities industry and as long as you have a letter and are travelling between tiers on business (not a jolly) it’s entirely legal. 
I would say that unnecessary business travel should not be allowed (photo opportunities may well fall into that , but I’m guessing she was doing more in Edinburgh than that)

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You were hearing Tier2 yesterday.

Yeah, and I pasted the link as to where I got the information from. This was done wih the hope that Sturgeon would agree to the move, There is still no certainty of that.

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They don’t work, she’s never had a job. It’s a pointless journey that serves no purpose. 

Of course they work, in fact they are not allowed to take on any other work while carrying out Royal duties.

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re classed as key workers, these two are not. 

Key worker is not a phrase used in regards to travel restrictions. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

One thing has annoyed me is the commitment to taking all tier 4 councils down on the 11th, it seemed to be no matter what. But moving Edinburgh down has to take everything into consideration, which even if they do and they should, we simply must go down a tier. 

Suppose it's similar to Wales and England's recent circuit breaks and lock downs, they will cease after a set moment in time, come what may, to be reviewed further down the line.

But, that only works if the SG stated from the start that L4 was the localised equivalent that was only ever going to be 3 weeks max.

Edited by DETTY29

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re not allowed to go into Wales or Scotland. Graygo put up the link ^^^.

The link that you obviously didn't read.

CavySlaveJambo
13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

All 'point in time' measurements indicate L2 for Edinburgh but future projections on impact on hospital and ICU admissions by relaxing restrictions, will be the challenging to confidently move Edinburgh to L2.

L4 was always meant to be time limited. 

And any move down a tier will be conditional and not be until next Tuesday provided the numbers do not go up.  They also take into consideration other factors like local areas (Midlothian and West Lothian) - which could be what stops Edinburgh move down a tier. 

In other news it looks like there could be an unreported cluster in Midlothian. 20 positive cases just in Loanhead on 1 day last week (Monday) 

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

I think our chances of dropping a level are still 50/50 ,with the reason given if we stay at tier 3 ,is they don’t want to risk a rise in cases in the lead up to Christmas . 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, graygo said:

The link that you obviously didn't read.

You laid out what was required, my query is the purpose of their visit and the laughable claim that they “work”. It’s unnecessary, not essential

and could’ve been done from hone. You don’t have to believe me, take Devi Sridnars word on it. 

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

WTF are you on about? This is from the link you posted.

"Prince Charles has also voluntarily paid income tax on his income from another landed estate, the Duchy of Cornwall, since 1993.

In 2016-17 that estate yielded him revenue of £22.5m, on which he paid tax of £4.76m."

You mean they don't pay tax on any income that they spend on official business. Is that so unusual?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Suppose it's similar to Wales and England's recent circuit breaks and lock downs, they will after a set moment in time, come what may.

But, that only works if the SG stated from the start that L4 the localised equivalent that was only ever going to be 3 weeks max.

It doesn’t look great if it didn’t work, like the 16 day one announced here on 10th October which we knew at the time was going to be longer. I was wishing customers a merry Xmas and a Happy New Year in case I didn’t see them again, people thought I was joking. 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, JWL said:

Yeah, and I pasted the link as to where I got the information from. This was done wih the hope that Sturgeon would agree to the move, There is still no certainty of that.

You must have posted the link on another post because it wasn’t on the original post.

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It probably isn't a great idea to bring them all out of Tier 4, but they promised they would when they set them up (no "we'll see how things are going at the end of the period" sort of proclamation at the time, as far as I can remember) and they therefore know that there will be a shitstorm if they don't do so now, as Freeman found out. However, it probably won't stop them putting specific areas back up into Tier 4 after Christmas if the situation requires.

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I think our chances of dropping a level are still 50/50 ,with the reason given if we stay at tier 3 ,is they don’t want to risk a rise in cases in the lead up to Christmas . 

Cup final, Christmas just seems risks too far, although Cup Final will likely push to house sharing to watch games.

I know many are against but imo hospitality notably should have been address ID pre booking for all adults to provide an amount of relaxation.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

WTF are you on about? This is from the link you posted.

"Prince Charles has also voluntarily paid income tax on his income from another landed estate, the Duchy of Cornwall, since 1993.

In 2016-17 that estate yielded him revenue of £22.5m, on which he paid tax of £4.76m."

You mean they don't pay tax on any income that they spend on official business. Is that so unusual?

They voluntarily pay tax, wow what a gesture. 
This looks like a tax break, unusual or not. Why should anyone get a tax break, do we?

BEE5AE58-CE34-4F1D-8615-9957D9ACCF5A.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You laid out what was required, my query is the purpose of their visit and the laughable claim that they “work”. It’s unnecessary, not essential

and could’ve been done from hone. You don’t have to believe me, take Devi Sridnars word on it. 

I don't have to take yours or Devi Sridnar's word on it. Neither of you gets to decide that the law is wrong and get to change it.

The law states that you can travel for work. You also don't get to decide what constitutes work essential or otherwise. Safe to say that what they are doing could not be done from home.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You must have posted the link on another post because it wasn’t on the original post.

It was in a later post. Was absolutely convinced last night but I'm losing faith by the minute. If she doesn't though, it really does make a mockery of the tier system.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Cup final, Christmas just seems risks too far, although Cup Final will likely push to house sharing to watch games.

I know many are against but imo hospitality notably should have been address ID pre booking for all adults to provide an amount of relaxation.

Ffs surely were not going to get blamed for not coming out of tier 3 because of the final 🙈?

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It probably isn't a great idea to bring them all out of Tier 4, but they promised they would when they set them up (no "we'll see how things are going at the end of the period" sort of proclamation at the time, as far as I can remember) and they therefore know that there will be a shitstorm if they don't do so now, as Freeman found out. However, it probably won't stop them putting specific areas back up into Tier 4 after Christmas if the situation requires.

Thanks.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JWL said:

It was in a later post. Was absolutely convinced last night but I'm losing faith by the minute. If she doesn't though, it really does make a mockery of the tier system.

👍

Lets hope it happens.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They voluntarily pay tax, wow what a gesture. 
This looks like a tax break, unusual or not. Why should anyone get a tax break, do we?

BEE5AE58-CE34-4F1D-8615-9957D9ACCF5A.jpeg

Do we get tax relief on business expenses? Yes we do.

ps. Voluntarily paying tax that you are not legally required to do is a great gesture.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Ffs surely were not going to get blamed for not coming out of tier 3 because of the final 🙈?

Harsh thing is folk are already saying on SM that they will be heading to Tynecastle after we win.

Pasquale for King
Just now, graygo said:

I don't have to take yours or Devi Sridnar's word on it. Neither of you gets to decide that the law is wrong and get to change it.

The law states that you can travel for work. You also don't get to decide what constitutes work essential or otherwise. Safe to say that what they are doing could not be done from home.

No the Scottish government decide the law, if you want to read you’re own ****ing link their visit is not essential and they could do it from home via Zoom or any other virtual link. They certainly don’t get to decide what is essential, saying thanks to hand picked group is not. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Do we get tax relief on business expenses? Yes we do.

ps. Voluntarily paying tax that you are not legally required to do is a great gesture.

They’re only legally not required to pay tax on earnings because they get tax breaks, that’s “what the **** i’m on about”. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, graygo said:

Of course they work, in fact they are not allowed to take on any other work while carrying out Royal duties.

Going around being fed and smiled at is not a job. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, graygo said:

Key worker is not a phrase used in regards to travel restrictions. 

Essential workers then, they’re not essential. 

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Harsh thing is folk are already saying on SM that they will be heading to Tynecastle after we win.

I strongly doubt that the final will have any bearing on the decision whether or not to move Edinburgh down to Tier 2.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

No the Scottish government decide the law, if you want to read you’re own ****ing link their visit is not essential and they could do it from home via Zoom or any other virtual link. They certainly don’t get to decide what is essential, saying thanks to hand picked group is not. 

You're wrong, as you have been on virtually every point you've made today.

I'll post the rules again so you don't need to look back. It says work, not essential work. It would be impossible for them to meet the amount of people they did today via zoom, they were in Leeds today as well as Edinburgh and Glasgow and will move on to other places in England and Wales on this trip.

• travel for work or an activity associated with seeking employment, or to provide voluntary or charitable services, but only where that cannot be done from your home

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

These manly *******s have just rioted at Celtic park twice in a week breaking all kinds of laws. 
If we’re in tier 2 it might not be against the law 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😜?
Gorgie will be busy if we win no doubt about that, pity the only place you can get a meal and hopefully a pint is the Sky Lounge 😆

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re only legally not required to pay tax on earnings because they get tax breaks, that’s “what the **** i’m on about”. 

Wrong again. Seriously you've hardly got a bloody thing right tonight.

Before 1992 the Queen paid no tax and Prince Charles didn't prior to 1993. There was no requirement and there still isn't. I'm not sure why you're struggling with the word voluntarily but that's what they do. They pay tax as if it was a requirement and deduct official expenses before "voluntarily" paying tax on the remainder.

They don't get tax breaks no matter what Republic say, not officially anyway. Now if you come back and claim that they should pay tax on all their income, well why? No one else does.

Dennis Reynolds

I had a covid test today as part of a government initiative to trace any asymptomatic cases floating about. Pretty much a survey of a random selection of the population to give them a bit of a better picture of cases that may or may not be about. Completely voluntary.

Can confirm its effin horrible. 

Edit: It had nothing to do with the royal family though.

Edited by LMc

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

You're wrong, as you have been on virtually every point you've made today.

I'll post the rules again so you don't need to look back. It says work, not essential work. It would be impossible for them to meet the amount of people they did today via zoom, they were in Leeds today as well as Edinburgh and Glasgow and will move on to other places in England and Wales on this trip.

• travel for work or an activity associated with seeking employment, or to provide voluntary or charitable services, but only where that cannot be done from your home

I know you’re a bit older but you can talk to people on the inter web from all different places at the same time on that Zoom thing, amazing eh 😆😂. They could’ve saved the taxpayer all that security cost I was so wrong about you ignored it 4 times this evening 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️

Pasquale for King
Just now, graygo said:

Wrong again. Seriously you've hardly got a bloody thing right tonight.

Before 1992 the Queen paid no tax and Prince Charles didn't prior to 1993. There was no requirement and there still isn't. I'm not sure why you're struggling with the word voluntarily but that's what they do. They pay tax as if it was a requirement and deduct official expenses before "voluntarily" paying tax on the remainder.

They don't get tax breaks no matter what Republic say, not officially anyway. Now if you come back and claim that they should pay tax on all their income, well why? No one else does.

What part of them not paying any tax on their income isn’t a tax break 🙈

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, LMc said:

I had a covid test today as part of a government initiative to trace any asymptomatic cases floating about. Pretty much a survey of a random selection of the population to give them a bit of a better picture of cases that may or may not be about. Completely voluntary.

Can confirm its effin horrible. 

How long to get the results 🤞?

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha you asked for proof, gave it, that's rubbish 😆😂. I gave a link from the DAILY EXPRESS hahahahaha, lies 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈?!?!
You couldn’t even be bothered to give a link to your claims about fat hand Charlie paying for his only son. 

Who pays for the security? Who? You and I, if you pay tax anyway. 
Here’s a good one about the ginger ***** who is barely related to a royal, £2.4m renovations paid for by us. 
https://www.statista.com/chart/18569/total-cost-of-the-uks-royal-family-by-year/

How much is the 777 room Buck house going to cost us to renovate? 

Though I wouldn’t advocate The Russian solution to their monarchy ( which was very successful ) I do believe we need shot of them , pardon the pun. It’s a ridiculous outdated institution. Ludicrous in this day and age to be calling people King , Queen , Prince etc and Bowing and courtesy to them . Pension them off . Liz Saxe Coburg and Phil can get the old age pension rate and the others can sign on or try their hand at working ! Sell the houses they “ own” or have them as tourist attractions and Money paid fir entrance can go to charities 

55 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I saw that too and I knew they would try and find some excuse to worm out of moving Edinburgh to a lower tier , talk about. Changing the goal posts . 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Though I wouldn’t advocate The Russian solution to their monarchy ( which was very successful ) I do believe we need shot of them , pardon the pun. It’s a ridiculous outdated institution. Ludicrous in this day and age to be calling people King , Queen , Prince etc and Bowing and courtesy to them . Pension them off . Liz Saxe Coburg and Phil can get the old age pension rate and the others can sign on or try their hand at working ! Sell the houses they “ own” or have them as tourist attractions and Money paid fir entrance can go to charities 

Sounds like a plan 👍🏽

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic