Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I meant that we pay for all their school outings.  Who else is? 

You saying that the Duke and Duchess of Strathearn spend their own money?  

Well after the money is given to them I suppose it's fair to say it then becomes their money, whether they've earned it or not doesn't really matter.

7 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Also hope you mums partner manages to get the operation graygo

Thanks, should find out tomorrow.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
46 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No wonder Scotland is such a bigoted, backward country

But enough about its good points.

Heartsmad1874
6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Pure Blonde was the drink for me ( thought I better clarify it was drink I was talking about)

Another Pure Blonde man, good to see :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If and it's a big if, Edinburgh drops to level 2. I can see there being a Police presence at Haymarket and Waverley stations waiting on the trains arriving from Glasgow :D

I wouldn't put it past them

I got told that the police were at Leadburn a couple of week-end's ago turning back mountain bikers coming from the direction of Edinburgh, trying to come down to the Borders, probably down to Glentress or Innerleithen.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The weedgies will appear.  They done it in north argyll just outside oban.  A group of them got caught last week having a beach party.  Get the army ready at Maybury.  

They did it at the last battle of the uglies, went as far as Blackpool, there’s another one coming up in early January. 

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Seriously.

I've no time for them but the myth that they cost the taxpayers money is just that, a myth.

Couldn’t tell you if they cost the tax payer or not and don’t really care to be honest but what I do think is a joke is what MPs get.

You even see MPs claim money back on toilet roll cause their 70k wage doesn’t cover that 

Sorry for going off topic 

14 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Pure Blonde was the drink for me ( thought I better clarify it was drink I was talking about)

Tooheys extra dry or Hahn super dry was my tipple while downunder.

3 minutes ago, theshed said:

Couldn’t tell you if they cost the tax payer or not and don’t really care to be honest but what I do think is a joke is what MPs get.

You even see MPs claim money back on toilet roll cause their 70k wage doesn’t cover that 

No argument from me on that issue.

9 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Yea I loved it, shame can't get it in UK 

I had it in 2017, bought in the UK, probably from Beers of Europe, although they don't have any just now.

Personally I prefered Boags & Cascade more than I enjoyed Pure Blonde.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, graygo said:

Seriously.

I've no time for them but the myth that they cost the taxpayers money is just that, a myth.

Got any proof?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, theshed said:

£345m a year. 
Not off topic as they are in breach of Covid restrictions for no good reason. 
MPs expenses are a joke tbh. Build a high rise hotel for them with dodgy cladding and see how they get on. 

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, theshed said:

70k is a decent wage but it's not an outrageous wage. If you want talented folk to take on the job of MP you have to give them the going rate. There must be plenty of MPs well worth their salary. 

19 minutes ago, theshed said:

70k what year is that from, because it's just over £79k they get and they've just been awarded over £3k payrise taking their salary to around £82k.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Got any proof?

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

£345m a year. 
MPs expenses are a joke tbh. Build a high rise hotel for them with dodgy cladding and see how they get on. 

Most of the money William and Kate get is given by Prince Charles from his Duchy of Cornwall estate. They also receive some from the Sovereign Grant. The Sovereign Grant costs the taxpayer nothing, it is set at 25% of the profits that the Queen hands over from the Crown Estate.

The Royals cost us a fortune - there's your myth.

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'm surprised the fatties with the hazmat suits and blue and white war paint didn't show up to give them a good old Scottish welcome :lol:

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm surprised the fatties with the hazmat suits and blue and white war paint didn't show up to give them a good old Scottish welcome :lol:

I would’ve if I had known 😜

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nonsense, the question was how much does William and Kate cost the taxpayer.

It's already been answered, nothing. 

Yeah, who paid for the security today then? Who pays for the security every day? Did Charles put his grotesque hands in his pocket for that? Read the article you might actually learn something. 

We paid for this. 
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1360533/Prince-William-news-Kate-Middleton-wedding-Royal-Family-latest-Duke-Duchess-Cambridge-vn

More homework. 
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjoq-CIwLztAhVQTcAKHfR8CUYQFjAAegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Frepublic.org.uk%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Froyalexpenses.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1b6gnFZaFUel_h8LgKkXNT

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah, who paid for the security today then? Who pays for the security every day? Did Charles put his grotesque hands in his pocket for that? Read the article you might actually learn something. 

We paid for this. 
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1360533/Prince-William-news-Kate-Middleton-wedding-Royal-Family-latest-Duke-Duchess-Cambridge-vn

More homework. 
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjoq-CIwLztAhVQTcAKHfR8CUYQFjAAegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Frepublic.org.uk%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Froyalexpenses.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1b6gnFZaFUel_h8LgKkXNT

You keep linking to information supplied by Republic, an organisation who's sole agenda is the abolition of the Monarchy, that's akin to listening to the IRA about why Ireland should be one nation. No thanks.

Read another source, you might learn something.

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

Having seen today's briefing my guess is Tier 4 goes to 3 and Edinburgh stays on 3 until the new year.

If that’s the case then surely some politician or councillor representing businesses and the people of Edinburgh would eventually speak up/ out against keeping Edinburgh in tier 3. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, graygo said:

You keep linking to information supplied by Republic, an organisation who's sole agenda is the abolition of the Monarchy, that's akin to listening to the IRA about why Ireland should be one nation. No thanks.

Read another source, you might learn something.

Hahahahaha you asked for proof, gave it, that's rubbish 😆😂. I gave a link from the DAILY EXPRESS hahahahaha, lies 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈?!?!
You couldn’t even be bothered to give a link to your claims about fat hand Charlie paying for his only son. 

Who pays for the security? Who? You and I, if you pay tax anyway. 
Here’s a good one about the ginger ***** who is barely related to a royal, £2.4m renovations paid for by us. 
https://www.statista.com/chart/18569/total-cost-of-the-uks-royal-family-by-year/

How much is the 777 room Buck house going to cost us to renovate? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha you asked for proof, gave it, that's rubbish 😆😂. I gave a link from the DAILY EXPRESS hahahahaha, lies 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈?!?!
You couldn’t even be bothered to give a link to your claims about fat hand Charlie paying for his only son. 

Who pays for the security? Who? You and I, if you pay tax anyway. 
Here’s a good one about the ginger ***** who is barely related to a royal, £2.4m renovations paid for by us. 
https://www.statista.com/chart/18569/total-cost-of-the-uks-royal-family-by-year/

How much is the 777 room Buck house going to cost us to renovate? 

:rofl: You never gave facts, you posted propaganda from Republic, even the DAILY EXPRESS article was based on quotes from them. Did you even read it? Here's how it starts "PRINCE WILLIAM and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding has been criticised for being too lavish by a campaigner. Republic is an organisation that campaigns for the abolishment of the monarchy and for Queen Elizabeth II to be replaced by an elected head of state. Graham Smith, the organisation's CEO, told Express.co.uk"

You tell me how that counts as facts.

Here's a link to "fat hand Charlie" paying for one of his sons, the other one is no longer funded by him. https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/who-pays-duke-and-duchess-cambridge-and-duke-and-duchess-sussex

Here's another. https://www.insider.com/where-does-the-royal-family-get-money-2017-1?amp

Why are you linking to "the ginger *****"? The subject of the conversation is William and Kate.

Why the personal dig about whether I pay tax or not? Are you paying tax just now or is the taxpayer keeping you just now?

Difference between me and you, I don't mind debate, in fact I quite like it. You hate it and see it as a personal attack and just get nasty in return. It does you no favours.

Buck House? Off topic again.

Edited by graygo

27 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

If that’s the case then surely some politician or councillor representing businesses and the people of Edinburgh would eventually speak up/ out against keeping Edinburgh in tier 3. 

A politician standing up for Edinburgh ?

They won't even stand up for car drivers in this city never mind telling their boss to take a hike

Unless the evidence is overwhelming all we will hear is is not only about the science/figures and Edinburgh will have to wait

Fingers crossed of course......won't be long until those who tell us our FM is the best thing since sliced bread come on and tell us all we should be grateful for what we get

52 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

You mean the SNP-Labour Edinburgh Council?

Do you think those arseholes care about the city over their political careers?

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Whilst I'm no fan of the royals, what rule are they supposed to have breached?

No non essential travel between England and Scotland I think.

I'm not sure parasites glad handing the serfs counts as essential. 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Whilst I'm no fan of the royals, what rule are they supposed to have breached?

They travelled into a tier 3 area :rofl:

He's only 2nd in line to the throne of the United Kingdom

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No non essential travel between England and Scotland I think.

I'm not sure parasites glad handing the serfs counts as essential. 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think you can travel into any area for work. I'll be doing the same at some stage in Scotland.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think you can travel into any area for work. I'll be doing the same at some stage in Scotland.

Anyone can travel for work that can't be done at home.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

The weedgies will appear.  They done it in north argyll just outside oban.  A group of them got caught last week having a beach party.  Get the army ready at Maybury.  

Artillery at Harthill. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Are they above the law? Essential travel? Key “workers” hahahahaha. Pointless journey. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are they above the law? Essential travel? Key “workers” hahahahaha. Pointless journey. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Anyone can travel for work that can't be done at home.

What law is it they think they are above?

Edited by graygo

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Seriously.

Taxpayers pay for their security, taxpayers pay for their weddings and funerals and houses, local councils pay for their visits.

Meanwhile, the duchy of Lancaster and duchy of Cornwall, both owned by the nation, have their income diverted to the Royal family instead. Does that not cost the taxpayer many millions every year?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, graygo said:

:rofl: You never gave facts, you posted propaganda from Republic, even the DAILY EXPRESS article was based on quotes from them. Did you even read it? Here's how it starts "PRINCE WILLIAM and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding has been criticised for being too lavish by a campaigner. Republic is an organisation that campaigns for the abolishment of the monarchy and for Queen Elizabeth II to be replaced by an elected head of state. Graham Smith, the organisation's CEO, told Express.co.uk"

You tell me how that counts as facts.

Here's a link to "fat hand Charlie" paying for one of his sons, the other one is no longer funded by him. https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/who-pays-duke-and-duchess-cambridge-and-duke-and-duchess-sussex

Here's another. https://www.insider.com/where-does-the-royal-family-get-money-2017-1?amp

Why are you linking to "the ginger *****"? The subject of the conversation is William and Kate.

Why the personal dig about whether I pay tax or not? Are you paying tax just now or is the taxpayer keeping you just now?

Difference between me and you, I don't mind debate, in fact I quite like it. You hate it and see it as a personal attack and just get nasty in return. It does you no favours.

Buck House? Off topic again.

The topic is what a waste of money the royals are, especially those two thickos who scraped through their art history degrees 😆
Republic give facts, whether you like it or not. 
As for paying tax it was more a jibe at these workshy ****ers who think it’s ok to break the law and come up here. Take it personally why don’t you 😆. I’m sure the tartan scarf warmed everyone hearts 😆
Third and last time, who pays for their security? 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

What law is it they think they are above?

The law of this country, it’s illegal to travel into Scotland from England with no good reason. 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were up to thank the Scottish frontline workers and maybe give them a wee morale booster.

Nicola Sturgeon doesn't have the power to stop the future king setting foot in Scotland.

1 hour ago, the general said:

Anyway .. feeling positive for tomorrow!!!  Tier 2 surely :)

Here's hoping Kenny. Everything points to Edinburgh dropping a level but you never know with her. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They were up to thank the Scottish frontline workers and maybe give them a wee morale booster.

Nicola Sturgeon doesn't have the power to stop the future king setting foot in Scotland.

It’s against the law ffs, future king or not. They are not above the law, although his uncle seems to think so.
Wow a wee boost, it could’ve been done by Zoom. Or lobbying the government to get them a pay rise. They reckon they’re doing their work so it’s allowed 😆😂

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Taxpayers pay for their security, taxpayers pay for their weddings and funerals and houses, local councils pay for their visits.

Meanwhile, the duchy of Lancaster and duchy of Cornwall, both owned by the nation, have their income diverted to the Royal family instead. Does that not cost the taxpayer many millions every year?

67p per taxpayer they cost, they bring in many times that.

The Duchy of Lancaster is a private estate owned by Her Majesty The Queen, as Duke of Lancaster.

https://www.duchyoflancaster.co.uk/about-the-duchy/

The Duchy of Cornwall is a private estate established by Edward III in 1337 to provide independence to his son and heir.

https://duchyofcornwall.org/about-the-duchy//

1 minute ago, graygo said:

67p per taxpayer they cost, they bring in many times that.

The Duchy of Lancaster is a private estate owned by Her Majesty The Queen, as Duke of Lancaster.

https://www.duchyoflancaster.co.uk/about-the-duchy/

The Duchy of Cornwall is a private estate established by Edward III in 1337 to provide independence to his son and heir.

https://duchyofcornwall.org/about-the-duchy//

Who owns the duchy of Cornwall again?

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The topic is what a waste of money the royals are, especially those two thickos who scraped through their art history degrees 😆
Republic give facts, whether you like it or not. 
As for paying tax it was more a jibe at these workshy ****ers who think it’s ok to break the law and come up here. Take it personally why don’t you 😆. I’m sure the tartan scarf warmed everyone hearts 😆
Third and last time, who pays for their security? 

Again, what law has been broken?

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s against the law ffs, future king or not. They are not above the law, although his uncle seems to think so.
Wow a wee boost, it could’ve been done by Zoom. Or lobbying the government to get them a pay rise. They reckon they’re doing their work so it’s allowed 😆😂

The same could have been said about Nicola sturgeon travelling from Glasgow to the western general this morning. Coming from a tier 4 area then straight into a hospital for a few photos 

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The law of this country, it’s illegal to travel into Scotland from England with no good reason. 

Sorry missed your response.

They had a good reason to travel, work. This is included in the list of exceptions.

travel for work or an activity associated with seeking employment, or to provide voluntary or charitable services, but only where that cannot be done from your home.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-travel-and-transport/

You hate them and all they stand for, I get that. I've no time for them either but you're letting that hatred allow you to believe things that are not true.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, theshed said:

The same could have been said about Nicola sturgeon travelling from Glasgow to the western general this morning. Coming from a tier 4 area then straight into a hospital for a few photos 

She comes to Edinburgh every day, I said earlier on I think she should at least stay at Bute House during the week. She is a key worker though, those two are not. 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So all those Scottish MPs in Westminster are breaking the law then?

Clue - the answer is no.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic