Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

thanks just read this from Edinburgh live 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/covid-scotland-edinburgh-set-move-19410475?utm_source=edinburgh_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Grest news. Let’s hope Sturgeon takes her west coast glasses off. 

That's what's worrying me.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

That is crap, outside with a meal to get a pint!!

Least a daytime pint is on the cards ! However shame about the pubs who don’t sell food as they won’t be able to open but the shitty ones like Spoons will 

CavySlaveJambo

Great Midlothian is going to be an Island surrounded by level 2!  

I am still sure something weird is happening with the testing. Also how to do Public Health Scotland calculate the test positivity rate? 

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

That is crap, outside with a meal to get a pint!!

It’s inside with a meal and pint.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Pretty certain you can sit inside to get a pint. 

Restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars can open indoors for the consumption of food and non alcoholic drinks. Alcoholic drinks can only be served with the purchase of a main meal.  Last entry is 19:00 and all venues must be closed and all customers off the premises by 20:00. The hospitality sector should follow: sector guidance for tourism and hospitality

Restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars can open outdoors for the consumption of food and alcoholic drinks. Last entry is 21:30 and all venues must be closed and all customers off the premises by 22:30.  

You do not need to purchase a main meal to drink alcohol outdoors in level 2.

CavySlaveJambo
9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

number of people who test positive as percentage of overall number tested in area I assume.

I thought it was cases/tests but that number comes out differently.  It tends to be lower 

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Ah, outside to drink, inside you need a meal to drink. I’ve not looked at level 2 TBH as I’m not likely to see it here for a good while yet. 

Hopefully you’ll not wait too long .

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JWL said:

Not sure how reliable the information is, but as you say, better than what it currently is, Scotch Egg and 15 pints please:robboyas:

That’s England. Up here my boss reckons it’s a main meal and 3 drinks, he didn’t know how many meals you could have though 😜. Probably a maximum 2/3/4 hour stay. 

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just seen the headline that Scotland has hit 100,000 positive tests. For all the constant headlines, concern, and fear, that's a fairly small overall proportion of the population.

Is that all ??? 

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If Edinburgh hits L2, please pray we don't spend millions of hours wuthin the city debating what is a substantial , main meal.

Scotch egg is plenty 

14 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

The White House has another confirmed case. Rudy Guilliani.   

Someone told me the other, day that the white house has had more cases than quite a few countries added together

Substantial meal should be something between c.400-700 calories. So 2 or 3 scotch eggs should do it.

Or 100g of dry roasted would be my choice.

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

If Edinburgh hits L2, please pray we don't spend millions of hours wuthin the city debating what is a substantial , main meal.

This pub has a solution:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-pub-offers-pint-called-substantial-meal-to-get-around-tier-2-restrictions-12147948

::troll::

Edited by frankblack

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I love scotch eggs 👍

You can buy them any supermarket, in fact you can buy bevvy there too. But hey let's all go for a knees up in some boozer and start the whole look down again. 

Oh, there plenty of bleach anaw, don't forget to take it to the pub with you. :thumb:

11 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Haggis, neeps and mash, simple.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Haggis, neeps and mash, simple.

Aye,

But 2  haggis mini balls isn't but someone will spend hours arguing it is.....

:)

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Aye,

But 2  haggis mini balls isn't but someone will spend hours arguing it is.....

:)

Macsweens finest obviously, not veggie though.

We can trust the Great British public to do the right thing over Christmas...

Outside Harrods yesterday:

0_XCB_06122020_HARRODS_01.jpg

Edited by Ray Gin

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We can trust the Great British public to do the right thing over Christmas...

Outside Harrods yesterday:

0_XCB_06122020_HARRODS_01.jpg

:yas: 

Just now, Lord BJ said:

A vaccine card is being dished out. When you get a vaccine. I suspect we will see some form immunity passports coming into play. There seems to be a reluctance to rule it out. 

Not sure how that would work as the plan is not to vaccinate anyone under 50 as it stands. 

You get similar when you get the flu jab so there's no particular reason to believe it's got anything to do with plans for an immunity passport.  

Scaremongering,  you might say.

Unless they plan on offering the Jab to everyone they can’t do immunity passports as that would be a clear case of discrimination. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Catching up on this thread and it's good to see vaccinations starting to roll out. Finger's crossed we can get it done for Easter. Got a few things on in May and will be buzzing if can actually get out and travel!

From reading over the last few pages, where does this view come from that Sturgeon doesn't want to treat Glasgow worse / harsher than Edinburgh?

We've basically been in full lockdown since October. At least people in parts Edinburgh or can go for something to eat if they fancy it.

Can't think of anywhere else in the country that's had it tougher than Glasgow.

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Catching up on this thread and it's good to see vaccinations starting to roll out. Finger's crossed we can get it done for Easter. Got a few things on in May and will be buzzing if can actually get out and travel!

From reading over the last few pages, where does this view come from that Sturgeon doesn't want to treat Glasgow worse / harsher than Edinburgh?

We've basically been in full lockdown since October. At least people in parts Edinburgh or can go for something to eat if they fancy it.

Can't think of anywhere else in the country that's had it tougher than Glasgow.

You could always go out and attack a bus?

14 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars can open indoors for the consumption of food and non alcoholic drinks. Alcoholic drinks can only be served with the purchase of a main meal.  Last entry is 19:00 and all venues must be closed and all customers off the premises by 20:00. The hospitality sector should follow: sector guidance for tourism and hospitality

Restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars can open outdoors for the consumption of food and alcoholic drinks. Last entry is 21:30 and all venues must be closed and all customers off the premises by 22:30.  

3 sisters and Pear Tree will be busy then

12 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I thought it was ok to open but lock up/shield the vulnerable? Not the other way around I see. We would need the vulnerable to keep the economy going as surely. 

WTF are you talking about?

The old and vulnerable are at a high risk of dying if they contracted Covid 19. Healthy people aren’t so stop talking shite. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

18 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Surely the microchip they inject at the same time will cover the immunity passport issue?

Aye but the autism from it will make you less social anyway. Win, win. 

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You can buy them any supermarket, in fact you can buy bevvy there too. But hey let's all go for a knees up in some boozer and start the whole look down again. 

Oh, there plenty of bleach anaw, don't forget to take it to the pub with you. :thumb:

Awe stop it !!!!’ I never drink in the house ! What exactly is the point of that ? 

15 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A question ? So can “ outside “

be defined as pubs which have an out side area with a roof covering it ? Like the Murrayfid sports bar ? 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Unless they plan on offering the Jab to everyone they can’t do immunity passports as that would be a clear case of discrimination. 

I wouldn’t worry about the crap regarding “ immunity “ passports as hospital admissions/ deaths should plummet once the elderly and vulnerable have been vaccinated surely ? I can then imagine the Govt “advising “ the rest of the pop to get the vaccine 

CavySlaveJambo

The Scottish Government has already said it plans to vaccinate everyone over 18.  The groups named right now are just the first to get vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

WTF are you talking about?

The old and vulnerable are at a high risk of dying if they contracted Covid 19. Healthy people aren’t so stop talking shite. 

Maybe you'll get a passport if you're not at risk. Maybe we could have them now 🤷🏻‍♂️

A passport is pointless unless the vaccines prevent onward transmission which they've yet to prove

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

You get similar when you get the flu jab so there's no particular reason to believe it's got anything to do with plans for an immunity passport.  

I didn't get any sort of written document when I got my recent flu jab on the NHS.

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

I've never had a card for the flu jab, and I'm unaware of anyone I know having a card as well.

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

You must already be chipped!

I have never received anything to say I was vaccinated. 

Yes, but I got mine from the aliens. I've never been Terrestrially chipped. I hope the two systems work well together!

22 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish confirms tier 4 ends on Friday for 11 council areas. Though confirms a cautious approach will be taken changes to tiers.

She loathes to give out good news , her face tripping her today when giving out stats 

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It means I get pished only around people I care about. 

Yes I can see that but I’ve never been one to have a drink in the house , I prefer the music mood and atmospher of pubs when I’m drinking . 

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Maybe you'll get a passport if you're not at risk. Maybe we could have them now 🤷🏻‍♂️

A passport is pointless unless the vaccines prevent onward transmission which they've yet to prove

If the vaccines prevent you from catching covid in the first place for up to 95% of people, then you can't pass on what you can't catch, except if your in that small 5% or so, or you haven't had the vaccine, so the more people who have the vaccine the more protection for the whole population would surely follow, wouldn't it?

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

She loathes to give out good news , her face tripping her today when giving out stats 

I think the SG is probably worried about the forthcoming festive period. We've made such good progress in the last few weeks and Tier 4's, although admittedly and sadly causing hardship, have had a real effect on reducing the case rates in those areas. However, it would/will be sad to see all that effort lost over the festive season when tiers are relaxed and more people mingle. We could be right back at square one. If I were in the SG organising this, I wouldn't be the happiest bunny on the planet.

Basically, it takes a lot of effort, of restrictions and of hardship to get infection rates down. It takes no time at all if the guidelines aren't followed for those rates to start zooming up again. And over the festive period, we will be necessarily relaxing restrictions more than they should be relaxed, from a viral point of view anyway. I can see why she's not all smiles and giggles.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic