Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

They've already said they won't be policing it.

It would be impossible to police it, 100's of police cars sitting at the side of the road checking reg plates for addresses lol they may do random pub checks but I doubt that as well 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Come Indy, you will be sent to camp on a Hebridean island and re-educated. It may take some time.

Come Indy, I'll will be sent to run a  re-education camp on a Hebridean island. ☠

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Come Indy, I'll will be sent to run a  re-education camp on a Hebridean island. ☠

Yes, but when you get there we will be waiting to meet you.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

And how they going to manage that ?

Proof of address would be the only way, spoke to a guy that works in a restaurant here and he said they have to refuse non tier 2, won't happen tho 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

Yes, but when you get there we will be waiting to meet you.

You don't scare me, Fancy Bear. ☠

I've got a Labrador pup to pick up from Fife next week, I think I'd have an arguable case for animal welfare if I get stopped.

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah there was no anti English feelings before then 😆, can’t wait til we play them in June and see all the progressive comments from both sides 🙈

I'll probably be watching the game in June where it will be a 50/50 split.

We nearly got into bother bouncing around when Croatia knocked them out the WC in 2018

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It would take til the end of time to catch up to the evils of Britnazis. The most murderous humans to ever roam the planet. Hypocrite! 

Does that include the Scottish branch?

Needed more Government Scottish regiments at Culloden 

Edited by Nucky Thompson

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, the general said:

Anyway Spoons in Musselburgh reopening but Staggs shut as its a wet pub

Pretty tight in there too so they wouldn’t be able to have that many in if memory serves. 

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Does that include the Scottish branch?

Needed more Scottish regiments at Culloden 

This very thread shows that we Scots are never happier than when we're fighting amongst ourselves. :)

15 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

It would be impossible to police it, 100's of police cars sitting at the side of the road checking reg plates for addresses lol they may do random pub checks but I doubt that as well 

The problem is if you have a routine interaction with the police for anything like a bump in the car, running a red light etc then they might then do you for breaking Covid laws.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

This doesn't count. This poster is clearly a Boris bot and can be recognised by his limited choice of language. He will shortly respond to your post by telling us that "we need more posts like this". It is a standard bot response.

We need now posts like this imo 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, graygo said:

The problem is if you have a routine interaction with the police for anything like a bump in the car, running a red light etc then they might then do you for breaking Covid laws.

Yeah I can see that happening, wonder what will happen with insurance if in a bump on a non essential trip to the shops not in your area

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah I can see that happening, wonder what will happen with insurance if in a bump on a non essential trip to the shops not in your area

You're covered. 

https://www.moneyexpert.com/news/non-essential-car-journeys-are-covered-by-insurance-during-lockdown-abi-clarifies/

“You should follow government restrictions, but if you do use your car for non-essential travel, you will not risk invalidating your car insurance.”

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've got a Labrador pup to pick up from Fife next week, I think I'd have an arguable case for animal welfare if I get stopped.

👍

Good luck.

They're brilliant dogs.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There is certainly an "End London Rule" element to the core SNP support that are very much anti-English . Not for a minute placing Pasquale in that category.  But a large element of the support come from the dependency culture who were duped into believing, due to assertions made and untruths told during the referendum, that independence would enable them to lie in bed all day , shagging and smoking dope, with a generous benefits cheque landing on the mat every Thursday.  Come to think of it, I was very nearly persuaded myself😄

I am an independence supporter but age and the party are going to struggle when there is another Ref , in particular regarding their Achilles heel , the economy . Now couple that with. The “ fear factor “ from the unionist supporting media and they eill

be saying that if we have another pandemic. Scotland would never be financially be able to manage furlough lockdowns etc . She’s made a rod for her own back with the insatiable need for the furlough cash from west minister 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Enforcement is meant to be a last resort.

You could just act dumb 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'll probably be watching the game in June where it will be a 50/50 split.

We nearly got into bother bouncing around when Croatia knocked them out the WC in 2018

We can only hope things will be almost back to normal by then. 

Short story, stag do in Leeds, in a dark dungeon of a pub  Stag in mankini, Kazakhstan v England, great cross comes in, we shout oooohhhh, silence and dirty looks,  6 Scots v 80 English, glad they won 😆

54 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Can only speak for the financial services company I work for, and a couple of others that mates work for. But I really do not think these companies are bothered about getting staff back in the office, nor are the staff that interested in being back in the office. 

Seriously doubt vaccine will be available privately but even if it was I don’t think companies would bother spending money on it. 

We will see.  I am not sure we will get a private option so this discussion may be academic.

A lot depends on how many staff are working seamlessly from home.  My employer uses VM desktops to log into from any desktop at the office or at home (with added security). 

Pretty much everyone has been working well within expectations since March but so much time is wasted with added meetings you didn't get before lockdown.

43 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yup. The move of Midlothian and East Lothian to Tier 2 on Tuesday is contingent on "no significant deterioration before then". We still have a few days to go, and there are of course other indicators that are taken into account as well as the 7-day infection rate, but it's looking a little dodgy for Midlothian at the moment. The word "significant" is important - the SG might just go ahead with it anyway if the situation there doesn't get any worse than it is now, just to avoid letting folk down who thought it would be going to Tier 2. Difficult decision for them.

Imagine the uproar if they decide not to put Midlothian into tier 2 ?  Businesses getting their hopes high to be cruely  dashed... Disgrace really.

20 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Enforcement is meant to be a last resort.

You could just act dumb 

I have found "acting dumb" has got me out of some tricky situations :) 

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Imagine the uproar if they decide not to put Midlothian into tier 2 ?  Businesses getting their hopes high to be cruely  dashed... Disgrace really.

Much like the Edinburgh City businesses these clowns are destroying.

Heartsmad1874
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Looking at the stats red posted, Midlothian is doing worse than City of Edinburgh only by a few however it will be a concerning few days for Midlothian. Nothing would surprise me.

1 hour ago, theshed said:

I’m from Musselburgh and never gave not being allowed to go to the fort a 2nd thought.  

What a carry on 😂😂

Wouldn't despair, m8.  I walked up there from a comaparitively calm Asda (still busy, mind) got as far as turning the corner to Curry/PC World ad was met with a queue about 20 deep.  No fffin chance am I waiting around to be afflicted!  About turn, back to the car and home.  And that was about 1:45pm!  The internet is your friend. 👍

Edited by ArcticJambo

Governor Tarkin
57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We need now posts like this imo 

How's that university educated literacy working out for you? 

:jj:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Thing is, and I'm sure I heard this right out of the FM's mouth on the radio the other day, they're (the popo) will just give you a warning (caution if that's any different) at the most ,unless you're a lippy bassa, then send you on your way.  Next time however I think you'd get nailed.  Weigh up your chances of getting stopped, and the minimal chances you'd even get done on top of that, and what you have is a statement on enforcement that is tantamount to worthless.

I guess to paraphrase she's basically saying Don't take the Piss!, which is fair enough under the circumstances.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

How's that university educated literacy working out for you? 

:jj:

Pretty good, I noticed he missed out the imo bit so had to correct him. Big fingers only good for one thing 🙈

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

Good to hear Hancock giving out some believable good news for a change, getting enough of the vaccines quickly enough seems to be the only fly in the ointment. Looks like some light at the end of the tunnel. 

20 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Thing is, and I'm sure I heard this right out of the FM's mouth on the radio the other day, they're (the popo) will just give you a warning (caution if that's any different) at the most ,unless you're a lippy bassa, then send you on your way.  Next time however I think you'd get nailed.  Weigh up your chances of getting stopped, and the minimal chances you'd even get done on top of that, and what you have is a statement on enforcement that is tantamount to worthless.

I guess to paraphrase she's basically saying Don't take the Piss!, which is fair enough under the circumstances.

I think that's right, I work a lot with the Police and wouldn't give them any grief.

I do think if explained they'd see my side in getting the pup.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

There should have been things in place months ago for workers and self employed who slip through the cracks. It could still be weeks before some  see any money. 

Glad something is being done by SG to help though. 

What was stopping Scottish government from doing this from start of restrictions? 

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

This doesn't count. This poster is clearly a Boris bot and can be recognised by his limited choice of language. He will shortly respond to your post by telling us that "we need more posts like this". It is a standard bot response.

🤣. You know what I'm going to say CD....we need more Boris Bot's imo.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It would take til the end of time to catch up to the evils of Britnazis. The most murderous humans to ever roam the planet. Hypocrite!

What a despicable thing to call people, 'Britnazis'. 

If it hadn't been for combined strength of all people's in UK, you might have seen real Nazis. Still, as long as they weren't English, you probably would have welcomed them. 

Malinga the Swinga

If East Lothian and Midlothian not dropping to Tier 2 till Tuesday, why are media, Edinburgh Hub and others, saying residents from their can't access Newcraighall from tonight. 

As we are all in tier 3 at the moment, can they not travel as they want?

Same for Edinburgh residents who want to go to Straiton. They are tier 3 till Tuesday so why are they banned now?

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Does anyone know the death rates between Scotland and England, who's doing better/worse?

Does it really matter, don't believe its a competition? 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Does it really matter, don't believe its a competition? 

Don't be a smart arse, I was wondering what the numbers were and who's lockdown measures were working, ok.

Why is the 'death with covid' up to 28 days after a positive test but the isolation period 14?

If you can die with covid 28 days later, surely people should isolate for 28 days or is it that you're just no longer contagious but still have it?

Edit: or is it the virus that's contagious rather than the disease?

Edited by Taffin

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I was speaking to an acquaintance today, he was telling me that the Council he works for (Tier4 one) are planning for the restrictions going passed the 11 Dec. The individual is most certainly in a position to know what the Council was planning. A relatively bleak picture was painted tbh.

Wise to do so.  We all know about the SG's creative definition of fixed time periods like their 2 week circuit breaker that they refuse to allow Edinburgh out of.

12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Does anyone know the death rates between Scotland and England, who's doing better/worse?

Overall:

572158424_Screenshotat2020-11-2018-46-46.thumb.png.a1a90ee86421af10385693e2b3ad4001.png:

Previous 7 days:

1640397558_Screenshotat2020-11-2018-47-37.png.8463c2ab71a8d209bdb216e9cd05ca2a.png

By end January 2021 (with luck) we may be in a position where the most vulnerable have been or had the chance to be vaccinated.

Next steps will then open up re increased crowds at football for example and of course places like pubs being able to be visited on a more normal basis.

Do we only allow those vaccinated to move more freely, do we demand certificates from those people and what do we do with those who refuse to take the vaccine ?

All subject to the success of a procedure still to be authorised

28 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If East Lothian and Midlothian not dropping to Tier 2 till Tuesday, why are media, Edinburgh Hub and others, saying residents from their can't access Newcraighall from tonight. 

As we are all in tier 3 at the moment, can they not travel as they want?

Same for Edinburgh residents who want to go to Straiton. They are tier 3 till Tuesday so why are they banned now?

I think the travel restrictions are in place as of 6pm today, hospitality etc is Tuesday.

Edit: level 3 can't travel anywhere.

Everyone living in a level three or level four local authority areas must, by law, remain within their own council boundaries unless they have a "reasonable excuse" for doing so.

People in level four must also keep journeys within their own area to an absolute minimum.

Meanwhile, people in level one or level two areas must avoid any unnecessary travel to areas that are under level three or four restrictions and should minimise unnecessary journeys between areas in different levels.

Edited by graygo

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Thanks👍

No problem. The Travelling Tabby UK site at https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/ has more info. If you check the last month out, Scotland and England have been roughly similar as regards deaths, despite Scotland having a lower infection rate over that period:

409461038_Screenshotat2020-11-2018-55-53.png.bd7f88b4187e30799ef206d55c362bc5.png

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Why is the 'death with covid' up to 28 days after a positive test but the isolation period 14?

If you can die with covid 28 days later, surely people should isolate for 28 days or is it that you're just no longer contagious but still have it?

Edit: or is it the virus that's contagious rather than the disease?

Answered it yourself chief. 👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic