Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty good, I noticed he missed out the imo bit so had to correct him. Big fingers only good for one thing 🙈

:food-smiley-004:

I see a small measure of levity has descended upon this thread the last day or so. Lets hope it hangs around. 👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think the travel restrictions are in place as of 6pm today, hospitality etc is Tuesday.

I get that, but tomorrow morning, East Lothian and Midlothian are still tier 3. Travel restrictions should equate to what tier place is in at the time, not what it will be in the future. Imo. 

18 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

That doesn’t make sense. Those vaccinated would face no risk from those not vaccinated. Only those not vaccinated would face risk from each other ! 

It would increase the take up of the vaccine though. 

Tough times call for tough action imo. 

This country has been too soft in enforcing compliance of restrictions In Tenerife the Police patrol the streets and warn people who are flaunting the face mask and safe distancing rule. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You could always ask wee Jean Jeanie Freeman - the card carrying Commie - to arrange a FOI request.

I don't think she likes FOI requests. 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I get that, but tomorrow morning, East Lothian and Midlothian are still tier 3. Travel restrictions should equate to what tier place is in at the time, not what it will be in the future. Imo. 

Travel restrictions mean that you can't travel out of your council area. It became law at 6pm tonight.

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sorry mate, I edited my post.  Tier 3/4 can't leave their district - so if we're still in tier 3......

Everyone living in a level three or level four local authority areas must, by law, remain within their own council boundaries unless they have a "reasonable excuse" for doing so.

People in level four must also keep journeys within their own area to an absolute minimum.

Meanwhile, people in level one or level two areas must avoid any unnecessary travel to areas that are under level three or four restrictions and should minimise unnecessary journeys between areas in different levels.

Edited by graygo

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Midlothian showing signs of being bounced back to Tier 3 with those stats.

Midlothian is still well within the published criteria of Tier 2 for now.  But your right I think Midlothian could be a yoyo local authority.   Numbers have never been steady here either. 

An area is considered for level 2 when it does not meet level 3 and it broadly meets one of the following conditions:
a. between 75 and 150 cases over 7 days per 100,000 people for the local authority
b. between 3% and 5% positive tests over 7 days for the local authority

c. probability over 75% of 100 cases over 7 days per 100,000 forecas t for the local authority in two weeks’ time
d. the projection of hospital bed use in the health board in five weeks’ time is greater than the health board’s estimated capacity

e. the projection of ICU bed use in the health board in four weeks’ time is gre ater than twice its normal capacity

Edited by CavySlaveJambo
Add the tier 2 criteria.

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've got a Labrador pup to pick up from Fife next week, I think I'd have an arguable case for animal welfare if I get stopped.

Animal welfare for ducks sake 😂

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Sorry mate, I edited my post.  Tier 3/4 can't leave their district - so if we're still in tier 3......

Everyone living in a level three or level four local authority areas must, by law, remain within their own council boundaries unless they have a "reasonable excuse" for doing so.

People in level four must also keep journeys within their own area to an absolute minimum.

Meanwhile, people in level one or level two areas must avoid any unnecessary travel to areas that are under level three or four restrictions and should minimise unnecessary journeys between areas in different levels.

I know people on here support the SG and NS, but banning citizens of a country from moving about is unprecedented out of wartime, and even then, there was more freedoms. To make a law like this suggests she knows majority of Scots do not trust her so she is resorting to unwarranted practice. 

To here Leitch on the news made me want to throw TV out window. More interested in boosting his career than anything else. 

IMO if course. 

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Sorry for quoting my own post but have they introduced this new restriction in the back door and folk in tier 3 are now effectively locked down in their own area.

Doesn't matter that East and Midlothian went into tier 2, they wouldn't be allowed to go to the Fort even if they stayed in tier 3, that's different from before today.

Edited by graygo

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I know people on here support the SG and NS, but banning citizens of a country from moving about is unprecedented out of wartime, and even then, there was more freedoms. To make a law like this suggests she knows majority of Scots do not trust her so she is resorting to unwarranted practice. 

To here Leitch on the news made me want to throw TV out window. More interested in boosting his career than anything else. 

IMO if course. 

I support them but recently even I can see they are getting it wrong imo.

Edited by graygo

45 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I was speaking to an acquaintance today, he was telling me that the Council he works for (Tier4 one) are planning for the restrictions going passed the 11 Dec. The individual is most certainly in a position to know what the Council was planning. A relatively bleak picture was painted tbh.

I'm sure that's a gimme going by their previous lies on timescales

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

Tier 3 guidelines were always stay in your own area, they just put that into law. People thought you could move between tier 3 areas but you couldn’t. 

Didn't realise that, a bit much to possibly get a criminal record for it now though.

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I think that now it is being widely reported about travel restrictions then they will get much better understanding and compliance, no need for tickets to be issued etc. 

Can't believe I missed that guideline, had to check it and it's right enough. 😲

You're right, I wouldn't expect the police to be getting involved much.

What time do the tier changes happen on Tuesday?

I thought I was being clever in changing our click and collect from tier 3 Asda to tier 2 Tesco in Dalkeith.

Not being serious by the way but I might be breaking the law.

Edited by graygo

59 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Animal welfare for ducks sake 😂

😅😅 it serves Duck ****ing right for tasting so nice!!!

The U.S. health-care system has not reduced the deadliness of the coronavirus since July, according to a new estimate by a prominent COVID-19 researcher, which accounts for the lags in public reporting of cases and deaths. Instead, the virus has, with ruthless regularity, killed at least 1.5 percent of all Americans diagnosed with COVID-19, over the past four months.

Because the case-fatality rate has stayed fixed for so long and there are now so many reported cases, predicting the virus’s death toll in the near term has become a matter of brutal arithmetic: 150,000 cases a day, times 1.5 percent, will lead to 2,250 daily deaths.

In the spring, the seven-day average of daily deaths rose to its highest point ever on April 21, when it reached 2,116 deaths. With cases rising as fast as they are, the U.S. could cross the threshold of 2,000 daily deaths within a month. Without a miraculous improvement in care, the United States is about to face the darkest period of the pandemic so far.

FULL ARTICLE

1 hour ago, graygo said:

I think the travel restrictions are in place as of 6pm today, hospitality etc is Tuesday.

Edit: level 3 can't travel anywhere.

Is it a 30 quid fine?

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, the general said:

Is it a 30 quid fine?

Aye. but last resort if you don't listen to their guidance. So if you get caught it's 'sorry officer, I didn't know'

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I don't think she likes FOI requests. 

No, she certainly does not, Seymour. Transparency is not for public sector parasites like her.

Nucky Thompson
54 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Hahahaha! Didn't know the Leech was still hanging around. Thought he'd had his moment in the sun.

As for travel restrictions - they never stopped me back in the Spring, and they aren't going to now. 

Classic. But I prefer this

Dreaming of a vaccine and a holiday

Dagger Is Back
9 hours ago, redjambo said:

Latest colour extravaganza based on upcoming tiers. Noticeable today are the decreases in Dundee, North Lanarkshire, Fife and West Dunbartonshire. Midlothian risk not being placed in Tier 2. Edinburgh heading towards Tier 2 territory.

Council Area Tier 7-day per-100,000 cases
    Today Yesterday Change
Renfrewshire 4 262 256 6
Glasgow City 4 257 262 -5
North Lanarkshire 4 233 256 -23
South Lanarkshire 4 227 239 -12
Stirling 4 224 226 -2
East Renfrewshire 4 195 193 2
West Lothian 4 187 191 -4
East Dunbartonshire 4 179 179 0
East Ayrshire 4 168 157 11
Clackmannanshire 3 167 169 -2
South Ayrshire 4 158 163 -5
West Dunbartonshire 4 147 165 -18
Fife 3 124 147 -23
North Ayrshire 3 120 118 2
Perth and Kinross 3 113 111 2
Dundee City 3 108 134 -26
Inverclyde 3 94 98 -4
Midlothian 2 94 84 10
Angus 3 93 95 -2
Falkirk 3 85 98 -13
Edinburgh City 3 80 89 -9
Aberdeenshire 2 70 67 3
Scottish Borders 2 69 68 1
East Lothian 2 61 61 0
Aberdeen City 2 58 56 2
Dumfries and Galloway 2 31 36 -5
Argyll and Bute 2 30 34 -4
Moray 1 29 31 -2
Highland 1 22 24 -2
Shetland Islands 1 13 13 0
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 4 11 -7
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0

This is really helpful thank you. We're in Edinburgh but have business in West Lothian and my Mums in East Lothian. Your work is making it really easy for me to follow what's happening

14 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This is really helpful thank you. We're in Edinburgh but have business in West Lothian and my Mums in East Lothian. Your work is making it really easy for me to follow what's happening

:thumb:

45 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55022287

This is interesting if our T cells can identify COVID - 19, even if they've only encountered SARS - COVID - 2 before.  Hopefully the immunisation will be only one time only, and not required for future mutations?

We've got this. In a years time we'll all realise the enormity of what science has achieved and how close we came to extinction.

Sorry, pished and a wee bit dramatic.

7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye. but last resort if you don't listen to their guidance. So if you get caught it's 'sorry officer, I didn't know'

The selfish to the bitter end ****** excuse?

Doctor FinnBarr
11 hours ago, graygo said:

Edit: level 3 can't travel anywhere.

I can, got to travel into Lanarkshire on a daily basis for work, got a wee bit of paper from work to explain to plod that I'm a key worker but I'm sure speed cameras don't don't pick up on that.

16 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Listen to the Herren Volk getting all bitchy. You come on hear backing the bigots who shout "only Scots born should get a vote" and "Only people who live in Scotland are entitled to comment". You never challenge the "genocide for the traitors" views of your Nationalist mates and then you wonder why NS gets called a Nazi. Well its because plenty of the people who vote for her believe this shite and not once have I seen you challenge it. Hypocrite.

I didn't realise when I replied to this it was the CV thread. I thought it was the brexit thread, apologies to the board.

But you, you can keep your sanctimonious claptrap of hypocrisy to yourself. Tell me again who could vote in the euref and why leave won. 🤔 Oh oh, and when exactly did you challenge this (a result that could feck up vaccine availability) . But hey, at least there's jobs now  that won't be filled by Brits and Northern Irish, coz I'm no daein that. 

👍

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I can, got to travel into Lanarkshire on a daily basis for work, got a wee bit of paper from work to explain to plod that I'm a key worker but I'm sure speed cameras don't don't pick up on that.

There are loads of reasons you can travel between tiers. Going to work, going to church, co-parenting, essential shopping (if not available in your own area), shared parenting, giving health care or mental health support to sick or vulnerable friend/relative, recycling (if not available in your own area), animal welfare, moving house, legal obligations, funerals, weddings and other ‘life events’.

it’s more or less a travel ban on social and recreational travel. Unless your under 18, travel is still permitted for under 18 sports events. 

Edited by GinRummy

12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm good at acting dumb

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, she certainly does not, Seymour. Transparency is not for public sector parasites like her.

Not just her. The SNP don't like them. When Brian Wilson (I think) requested one about Freeman's company and the SNP Gov. They (SNP Gov Ministers) rejected the request as it would cost £600.00 for this single request and they're not obligated to do so. 

CavySlaveJambo
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

There are loads of reasons you can travel between tiers. Going to work, going to church, co-parenting, essential shopping (if not available in your own area), shared parenting, giving health care or mental health support to sick or vulnerable friend/relative, recycling (if not available in your own area), animal welfare, moving house, legal obligations, funerals, weddings and other ‘life events’.

it’s more or less a travel ban on social and recreational travel. Unless your under 18, travel is still permitted for under 18 sports events. 

Non Essential Shopping in places like Straiton retail park is allowed too believe it or not.  But only because it is literally on the edge of Edinburgh. 

I wonder if dog training will class as essential given it is for welfare reasons?

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

3 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Non Essential Shopping in places like Straiton retail park is allowed too believe it or not.  But only because it is literally on the edge of Edinburgh. 

I wonder if dog training will class as essential given it is for welfare reasons?

Never realised that. Not sure about dog training but could be classed as animal welfare, bit of a grey area maybe.

Despite the click bait and dramatic headlines it isn’t much of a travel ban really. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

:rofl:

Tenaciousdandy
35 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

So Edinburgh can travel to Straiton, but east lothian can't go to the fort, how does that make any sense amd smacks of double standards lol 

Edited by Dandyman79

1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

So Edinburgh can travel to Straiton, but east lothian can't go to the fort, how does that make any sense amd smacks of double standards lol 

We can. You can travel out with your local authority for essential shopping (any distance) or non essential shopping (if it's within your vicinity) - I'd imagine Fort Kinnaird or Portobello counts as being within the vicinity of Musselburgh. You're also allowed to travel up to 5 miles from the local authority boundary for exercise, so Edinburgh folk can still go walking around Dalkeith Country Park, East Lothian folk around Arthur's Seat etc. 

Basically there are so many loopholes and exemptions to the rule it becomes even more pointless. About the only thing that doesn't have an exemption is travelling to visit hospitality premises. 

Edited by Jamboross

Tenaciousdandy
12 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

We can. You can travel out with your local authority for essential shopping (any distance) or non essential shopping (if it's within your vicinity) - I'd imagine Fort Kinnaird or Portobello counts as being within the vicinity of Musselburgh. You're also allowed to travel up to 5 miles from the local authority boundary for exercise, so Edinburgh folk can still go walking around Dalkeith Country Park, East Lothian folk around Arthur's Seat etc. 

Basically there are so many loopholes and exemptions to the rule it becomes even more pointless. About the only thing that doesn't have an exemption is travelling to visit hospitality premises. 

Yeah all the exemptions make the travel ban redundant, that's the problem with government in Scotland England etc they do everything half assed so it doesn't really make much a impact 

Scottish numbers: 21 November 2020

Summary

• 887 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-131]
  • 37 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+5]
  • 100 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+12]
  • 1,193 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-41]
  • 17,245 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 5.9% of these were positive [-7,223; +1.1%]

Per-board per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 16 [-3].

Lanarkshire 37 [+13], Greater Glasgow 20 [-13], Ayrshire 16 [-7], Lothian 15 [+1], Fife 14 [-2], Forth Valley 14 [-4], Tayside 11 [-5], Borders 10 [=].

All others: less than 10.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 21 November 2020

Summary

• 887 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-131]
  • 37 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+5]
  • 100 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+12]
  • 1,193 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-41]
  • 17,245 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 5.9% of these were positive [-7,223; +1.1%]

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Per-board per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 16 [-3].

Lanarkshire 37 [+13], Greater Glasgow 20 [-13], Ayrshire 16 [-7], Lothian 15 [+1], Fife 14 [-2], Forth Valley 14 [-4], Tayside 11 [-5], Borders 10 [=].

All others: less than 10.

Thanks again.

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

How did China recover without a vaccine? And why does nobody ever talk about this?

Did they recover or just suppress the news?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic