Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Nicola has already seen to that.

:muggy:

That's what happens when you dinnae behave.

East Lothian pubs open next week.

:smugger:

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's what happens when you dinnae behave.

East Lothian pubs open next week.

:smugger:

Living in East Lothian for the sake of a pint isn't a sacrifice I'd be willing to make, tbqfhwy.

:muggy:

South Australia's lockdown to be ended three days early after it emerged that a person lied about the circumstances they came into contact with Covid-19 at a pizza shop.

One member of staff had become infected and originally the other guy said he was a customer.

The authorities then put the 9-day lockdown in place thinking that the pizza place was a super spreader and are still trying to contact people who had visited it.

It now seems that the other guy was, in fact, another staff member and had lied to the tracers for some reason because it was his 2nd job.

So instead of being infected from a single casual visit, he'd caught it from being in close contact with the other guy for days on end.

Entire state in lockdown because one wee ***** lied.

The governor of the state is raging.

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

South Australia's lockdown to be ended three days early after it emerged that a person lied about the circumstances they came into contact with Covid-19 at a pizza shop.

One member of staff had become infected and originally the other guy said he was a customer.

The authorities then put the 9-day lockdown in place thinking that the pizza place was a super spreader and are still trying to contact people who had visited it.

It now seems that the other guy was, in fact, another staff member and had lied to the tracers for some reason because it was his 2nd job.

So instead of being infected from a single casual visit, he'd caught it from being in close contact with the other guy for days on end.

I would imagine Jail would probably be the safest place for him lol

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

We need more public persecution of people based on their beliefs, IMO.

Amirite?

Correct. 

I'd start by branding the treasonous seperatists.

27 minutes ago, Cade said:

Entire state lockdown because of 2 infections seems more of a story. Talk about an over reaction. 

Shanks said no

Any news of the vaccine being available privately so as to jump the queue?

Reason for asking is that we need a COVID free certificate to travel and it will cost £120-150 each, if I could get the vaccination for that price it would be worth it. 

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Entire state lockdown because of 2 infections seems more of a story. Talk about an over reaction. 

Exactly this

26 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Reason for asking is that we need a COVID free certificate to travel and it will cost £120-150 each, if I could get the vaccination for that price it would be worth it. 

Na , I read or heard somewhere that you were definitely not going to be able to pay for it privately.

They don't want to project the wealthy can jump the que, apparently you could go abroad and get it but you will not in the UK.

Edited by steve123

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Na , I read or heard somewhere that you were definitely not going to be able to pay for it privately.

They don't want to project the wealthy can jump the que, apparently you could go abroad and get it but you will not in the UK.

cheers, was just a thought and given it may only be 90% effective there still may be a need for a COVID free certificate 

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why? It's good to disagree. It should Never! stop people having a beer. 

As long as Victorian buying, I'll be there. 

25 minutes ago, steve123 said:

That's a crapper for Farage when invariably he will try to jump the queue.

He'll probably get one first via his German passport  mind.

Edited by DETTY29

Governor Tarkin
48 minutes ago, jonesy said:

To be fair, most of the die-hard SNP supporters tend to plaster stickers all over their cars and badges over their jackets anyway. Kind of self-certification, in a way.

All those 'Yes' stickers in folks windows might yet prove useful come a Kristallnacht type scenario.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct. 

I'd start by branding the treasonous seperatists.

Indeed. The damage they've done by voting for Brexit. And that damage is only just beginning!

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. The damage they've done by voting for Brexit. And that damage is only just beginning!

Also correct.

7 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Oh no, not long vaccine too :( 

No I’m talking about the side effects of any drugs if you use them long term . Some can be serious 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Pubs in tier 2 have apparently received a letter informing them to refuse entry to anyone not from that area

They should be crumpled up and tossed in the bin

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They should be crumpled up and tossed in the bin

Going too far, imo. They should just be refused entry. Crumpling up people can get very messy.

Edited by redjambo

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Going to far, imo. They should just be refused entry. Crumpling up people can get very messy.

🤣 

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Going too far, imo. They should just be refused entry. Crumpling up people can get very messy.

Lol 😂 lol 😂 

Heartsmad1874

Scary to see the effects lockdown is having on jobs like taxi drivers. Sooner the vaccine comes and we can all get back to normal the better. :toasting:

7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Scary to see the effects lockdown is having on jobs like taxi drivers. Sooner the vaccine comes and we can all get back to normal the better. :toasting:

What a shame, I know one taxi driver and he's taken up deliveroo orders to support his income. It's a disgrace they don't qualify for furlough, when government measures have all but wiped out their customer base. Like I've said before, this mess won't be ignored by small business owners, taxi drivers & hospitality workers, come election time.  

The Mighty Thor
55 minutes ago, the general said:

How do people in Tier 2 see it working with the pubs and restaurants .. expecting an influx?

Not the local restaurant I frequent. They're being upfront. Not tier 2? Not coming in. 

7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

It is brutal and there should be things in place to help people and families like this to not just survive but get through this as relatively normal as possible.

:spoton:

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Touche :lol:

18 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Again illustrating the real human suffering from the responses to a virus. Poor guy and family 

Nucky Thompson
22 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

My brother-in-law sold his taxi and plate last year. That was a lucky escape

Edited by Nucky Thompson

Scottish numbers: 20 November 2020

Summary

• 1,018 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-71]
  • 32 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-18]
  • 88 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+3]
  • 1,234 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+22]
  • 24,468 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.8% of these were positive [-2.916; +0.2%]

43 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Not the local restaurant I frequent. They're being upfront. Not tier 2? Not coming in. 

Nice and clear

Per-board, per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 19 [-1].

Greater Glasgow 33 [+3], Lanarkshire 24 [-8], Ayrshire 23 [+2].

Forth Valley 18 [+5], Fife 16 [-1], Tayside 15 [+1], Lothian 14 [-6], Borders 10 [-2].

Others: less than 10.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Per-board, per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 19 [-1].

Greater Glasgow 33 [+3], Lanarkshire 24 [-8], Ayrshire 23 [+2].

Forth Valley 18 [+5], Fife 16 [-1], Tayside 15 [+1], Lothian 14 [-6], Borders 10 [-2].

Others: less than 10.

👍

Governor Tarkin
52 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Quite right tbh.

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

I could just go a beetroot sandwich.

I was just thinking of getting a jar of beetroot after reading that. Never had it on a sandwich before though that sounds wrong.

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I do wonder if some employers notably financial sector will try and fund vaccination of their staff to get offices reopened as the bulk of their staff will be bottom priority.

All assuming they can source the vaccine or pay for secondary private vaccination clinics if they would need to share storage facilities.  While a good idea in theory I am not sure about the logistics.

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I was just thinking of getting a jar of beetroot after reading that. Never had it on a sandwich before though that sounds wrong.

Try it, beetroot, marge and two thick slices of brown bread... you will never eat anything else 🙂 

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

Try it, beetroot, marge and two thick slices of brown bread... you will never eat anything else 🙂 

Marge 🤢🤮

8 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Would prefer the cv vaccine up the sheriff's to that.

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

So, are pubs open in Musselburgh? Asking for a friend who lives there

Yeah, indoors with food, outside if have a beer garden for alcohol, I've been told they have to refuse entery to anyone not from tier 2 or lower

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Never had it on a sandwich before though that sounds wrong.

I can assure you that it's not. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

So, are pubs open in Musselburgh? Asking for a friend who lives there

Not sure but I doubt a packet of crisps would count as a meal if you try that one.

😉

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah, indoors with food, outside if have a beer garden for alcohol, I've been told they have to refuse entery to anyone not from tier 2 or lower

Their not in tier two yet. Thats from Tuesday i thought?

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I do wonder if some employers notably financial sector will try and fund vaccination of their staff to get offices reopened as the bulk of their staff will be bottom priority.

All assuming they can source the vaccine or pay for secondary private vaccination clinics if they would need to share storage facilities.  While a good idea in theory I am not sure about the logistics.

My employer will 100% be trying to arrange this.

We need to move folk on and off of vessels all over the world often at the drop of a hat and quarentine restrictions have pretty much shut us down.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic