Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Not sure it's for you to describe the dude's wife as a ******.

Well she doesn't exactly sound like the polite, friendly and professional kind of person that you would expect in a customer facing position. She can't treat people like shit just because she doesn't agree with them especially when it's their custom that's keeping her in a job.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Well she doesn't exactly sound like the polite, friendly and professional kind of person that you would expect in a customer facing position. She can't treat people like shit just because she doesn't agree with them especially when it's their custom that's keeping her in a job.

She sounds like the type to heck a greener into someone's coffee cause she doesn't like their haircut.

Scottish numbers: 19 November 2020

Summary

• 1,089 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-175]
  • 50 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-4]
  • 85 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-3]
  • 1,212 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-19]
  • 27,384 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.6% of these were positive [+5,629; -2.1%]

Personal note: Good to see the percentage positive figure dip below 5% for the first time in a wee while.

Per-board, per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 20 [-13].

Lanarkshire 32 [-15], Greater Glasgow 30 [-6], Ayrshire 21 [-2], Lothian 20 [+4].

Fife 17 [-5], Tayside 14 [-7], Forth Valley 13 [-7], Borders 12 [+5], Grampian 11 [+3].

Others: less than 10.

9 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I think there's justification for workers like that to be frustrated by people not even making the entry level effort of a mask.   Yes there are exemptions and all that but it's usually easy to see people who are most unlikely to be genuinely exempt.  Yes a worker is serving paying customers who support the job they're in but thd worker should also be shown some courtesy.  They have to come into contact with lots of people per day and their risk is elevated.  Nobody should be rude about it but the frustration is absolutely legitimate.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Quite proud that I am contributing to the furthering of human civilisation, TBF.

:)

:D Ah, jonesy, you're incorrigible.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think there's justification for workers like that to be frustrated by people not even making the entry level effort of a mask.   Yes there are exemptions and all that but it's usually easy to see people who are most unlikely to be genuinely exempt.  Yes a worker is serving paying customers who support the job they're in but thd worker should also be shown some courtesy.  They have to come into contact with lots of people per day and their risk is elevated.  Nobody should be rude about it but the frustration is absolutely legitimate.

Correct.  These are usually the selfish arseholes at a Supermarket Cigarrette counter without a mask and ready to fight anyone who challenges them.

The worst I've seen was a guy finish a fag outside the chemist then queue inside the chemist without a mask.

Edited by frankblack

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I just done training on disability and I cannie mind the figure but I'm sure its 2 out of 3 disabilities are hidden, So it's not easy to see. Frustration just gets you into bother. If she can't handle it she should work somewhere else.

Hang on a minute though.  A paying customer is entitled to courtesy and service but workers are entitled to a safe space working environment.  Thousands of workers are performing these kind of jobs and lots of them will have particular reasons to remain safe.  As well as remaining safe they are entitled to a reasonable amount of comfort that they can remain safe.  There's something far wrong if customers can't retain some consideration for these workers.  Most of whom have little choice but to keep doing their job. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Richard Leonard giving a heart breaking example of the new restrictions . A woman 38 , mother with children with terminal cancer having to clarify if she can go on holiday next week with her family ? She lives in fife and will break the law if she travels to Edinburgh next week . To be fair to NS she says she can travel due to compassionate grounds ! How nice of her 😪

That's all that guy does. Every FM questions he has a heartbreaking story about someone. I really didn't think Scottish labour could suck any lower with their choice of leaders but they surpassed themselves with this guy

5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I just done training on disability and I cannie mind the figure but I'm sure its 2 out of 3 disabilities are hidden, So it's not easy to see. Frustration just gets you into bother. If she can't handle it she should work somewhere else.

Jesus.  This tells a story.  

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

My Mrs wanted to refuse service to non-maskers, no exceptions, but Nero weren't having it. Money comes before employees well-being. She just makes their whole coffee experience as unwelcome and uncomfortable as possible.

My local, when it was open, has a zero-tolerance approach. No mask and you weren't getting in, mask on whenever you left your table. 

Both Wife and pub landlord have the same opinion. If you can't wear a mask for two mins, you shouldn't be out for a pint or a coffee in a pandemic.

Your wife's a wonderful woman, I'd hold her coat anyday...:2thumbsup:

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Been saying this for weeks Regards Christmas, government for weeks now keep telling us to behave and if we are lucky we can enjoy Christmas Day and Boxing Day then probably back to lockdown. 

I’m more than happy to give Christmas a miss if it meant somehow getting on top of this and things returning to some normality after the year 

As I said previous Christmas to me is about eating and drinking then same again on Boxing Day and not going over the front door 

So basically the same as I will be doing this weekend anyway just without the Queens speech 

Irrespective of party allegiances  Ruth Davidson is a close 2nd in importance to Sturgeon just now.

Unless her advisers have told her to be a lot calmer since she replaced Carlow, I'm surprised at her lack of aggression at FMQs or FM updates to Holyrood.

Anyway, a little bit of cat out bag in asking if the SG is planning with SAGE advice that for every day open up at Christmas, 5 days of additional more stringent measures required.

And I don't believe RD was in any way playing games i.e you do 5, but I know WM, England will do 3.

I really think folk need to think carefully about Christmas.

'She didn't tell me' attitude really doesn't help.

Edited by DETTY29

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

That's all that guy does. Every FM questions he has a heartbreaking story about someone. I really didn't think Scottish labour could suck any lower with their choice of leaders but they surpassed themselves with this guy

Yes well least he is highlighting the enormous cost to people’s lives as a result of the Govt responses to the pandemic . These are real human stories in these dire times 

20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Said the same last night. Anyone who thinks Sturgeon and pals aren’t playing politics with this is buttoned up the back.

Didn't think that one through so edited to say. Anyone who actually thinks that Sturgeon and her pals are just playing politics is a brain dead unionist

Edited by XB52
Got it back to front

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Jesus.  This tells a story.  

Yeah it does, It tells a story of a woman that cant handle stress and takes it out on her customers.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Or a brain dead unionist

Oh look, another Murrell disciple towing the party line :lol:

Braindead or brainwashed take your pick 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes well least he is highlighting the enormous cost to people’s lives as a result of the Govt responses to the pandemic . These are real human stories in these dire times 

He was told his sad story was wrong in that the person concerned could travel so it was just another of his non stories. I'm glad though that you agree that these are dire times so maybe spend less time attacking the SG and more time backing the restrictions that are required to try and help in these dire times 

Some of the posters on here remind me of the God and Bono Joke.

What's the difference between God and Bono? God Doesn't walk about Dublin thinking he's Bono.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Oh look, another Murrell disciple towing the party line :lol:

Braindead or brainwashed take your pick 

Oh look another brain dead unionist joins in. 

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Yeah it does, It tells a story of a woman that cant handle stress and takes it out on her customers.

Nah.  Your comment tells a story that you think it's easy for someone to go and change her job.  It's far from easy right now.

I'll leave it that on this subject.  Most people thankfully have a bit of thought for these workers.  Some do not.  Such is life.  

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Richard Leonard giving a heart breaking example of the new restrictions . A woman 38 , mother with children with terminal cancer having to clarify if she can go on holiday next week with her family ? She lives in fife and will break the law if she travels to Edinburgh next week . To be fair to NS she says she can travel due to compassionate grounds ! How nice of her 😪

You seem incapable of understanding the most basic of ideas. You clearly do not understand when the pandemic is being politicised and when it is not judging by your sarcastic comment regarding the FM. As was stated at the briefing the FM was already aware of the woman's situation and had already contacted her to put her mind at rest.

The law allows for travel on compassionate grounds and this woman clearly came into that category and so your claim that she would be breaking the law is nonsense. The matter had been resolved but Leonard still thought it necessary to raise it at FMQ's to try and make the case that the government is heartless and you still feel the need to decry somebody when they have done nothing wrong.

Vaccine plans sound quite advanced.  Freeman reckons a million Scots vaccinated by end of January.  That sounds ****ing tremendous if they pull that off.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Supermarkets most common place to get COVID in England according to data.

Shut them doon pronto :D

Somebody will be along shortly to blame all those pesky schoolkids for crowding the supermarkets at lunchtime without their masks

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You do wonder if they are drawing conclusions based on the list of places people visit.

If you asked people who aren't shielding or self-isolating if they had been to a supermarket in the past week most will say yes.

However, we were constantly told that the risk is minimal if you aren't in contact with an infected person for more than 15 mins?

In Scottish politics,  setting an ambitious target like that is brave.  They'll get pelters if it isn't met.  It would be easier to be less ambitious.  But they're bashing on with the ambition.  I don't suppose it will be recognised as the determined bit of governance that it is.

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's put me in my place :lol:

I'll never be able to take you seriously again. :(

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'll never be able to take you seriously again. :(

I was being sarcastic :D but you already knew that :thumb:

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Where did you see that? I can’t find it after a quick look. 

Sky news are reporting it

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 19 November 2020

Summary

• 1,089 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-175]
  • 50 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-4]
  • 85 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-3]
  • 1,212 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-19]
  • 27,384 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.6% of these were positive [+5,629; -2.1%]

Personal note: Good to see the percentage positive figure dip below 5% for the first time in a wee while.

👍

18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We're getting there, obese folk and supermarkets, they love each other.

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

In Scottish politics,  setting an ambitious target like that is brave.  They'll get pelters if it isn't met.  It would be easier to be less ambitious.  But they're bashing on with the ambition.  I don't suppose it will be recognised as the determined bit of governance that it is.

I hope it's true,  but it sounds unlikely. 

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

That does sound amazing. Hopefully they get it done.

A million people in a population of circa 5.5M is a huge chunk and would probably take care of the key workers and the over 65’s, maybe even 55’s. They say anything about whether plan was to vaccinate everyone or just certain groups?

Brilliant if comes off

if it doesn’t Jean is leaving soon so will just get the blame 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Said the same last night. Anyone who thinks Sturgeon and pals aren’t playing politics with this is buttoned up the back.

Is she wrong? 

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That does sound amazing. Hopefully they get it done.

A million people in a population of circa 5.5M is a huge chunk and would probably take care of the key workers and the over 65’s, maybe even 55’s. They say anything about whether plan was to vaccinate everyone or just certain groups?

Looks like key workers,  vaccination workers themselves,  care home residents,  over 80s,  under 80s with health conditions.  The rest would come in tranche 2.  Probably working down through the age bands.

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I hear you and you're right to be cautious. The question for individuals is better with or without 

Exactly, you have to weigh up the risks involved, however that's true with so many things in life.

IMO, if you are over 60 or if you have, at any age pre-existing conditions, which are known to be the conditions which the outcome isn't great if you caught covid, in that case then it's pretty much a no brainer to take the vaccine.

I will be taking the vaccine, will I worry about side effects, no, because the risk of being very unwell or even dying from catching covid, outweighs any concerns I might have about possible side effects.

Other people may feel differently, but that's entirely up to them, to weigh up the pros & cons pertinent to their own circumstances.

57 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Are supermarkets not about the only thing still open in England, other than schools?

William H. Bonney
59 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

probably a rumour started by a local greengrocer/butcher/ baker...

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Arseholes who can't follow shop protocol for Covid. Nae wonder it is spread in supermarkets in the UK. 

"I've done nothing wrong!" says woman after throwing a tantrum and smashing thousands of pounds worth of stock :lol:  :vrface: 

Here's the latest technicolour chart of 7-day infection rates per council area based on the upcoming tiers.

Noticeable, imo, are West Lothian's increase, East Dunbartonshire's drop, Clackmannanshire remaining among the Tier 4's, Midlothian perhaps putting its drop to Tier 2 in slight jeopardy, and Dumfries & Galloway joining Argyll & Bute as potential candidate Tier 1's.

Council Area Tier 7-day per-100,000 cases
    Today Yesterday Change
Glasgow City 4 262 273 -11
North Lanarkshire 4 256 255 1
Renfrewshire 4 256 250 6
South Lanarkshire 4 239 245 -6
Stirling 4 226 217 9
East Renfrewshire 4 193 201 -8
West Lothian 4 191 165 26
East Dunbartonshire 4 179 214 -35
Clackmannanshire 3 169 165 4
West Dunbartonshire 4 165 184 -19
South Ayrshire 4 163 157 6
East Ayrshire 4 157 152 5
Fife 3 147 150 -3
Dundee City 3 134 142 -8
North Ayrshire 3 118 125 -7
Perth and Kinross 3 111 115 -4
Falkirk 3 98 99 -1
Inverclyde 3 98 98 0
Angus 3 95 92 3
Edinburgh City 3 89 93 -4
Midlothian 2 84 75 9
Scottish Borders 2 68 73 -5
Aberdeenshire 2 67 60 7
East Lothian 2 61 57 4
Aberdeen City 2 56 59 -3
Dumfries and Galloway 2 36 42 -6
Argyll and Bute 2 34 33 1
Moray 1 31 33 -2
Highland 1 24 27 -3
Shetland Islands 1 13 4 9
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 11 15 -4
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

I agree with her. There is one guy who refuses to wear a mask because of 'asthma', he then sits outside and smokes 2 or 3 cigarettes with his coffee. 

My wife is a hugely successful Store Manager and Barista, been doing for over 15 years. You don't get to her position by being a dick to customers. But if people want to be arsey and put her health at increased risk, they should consider themselves lucky they even get a coffee. If you took the amount of abuse from anti-maskers as she does, maybe you'd also treat them with the distain they deserve.

If someone has a lanyard advising they are exempt, they're treated like a valued customer. If you want good service, act like a decent human being.

The bit in bold is just a complete lie. No idea where you got that from.

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I agree with her. There is one guy who refuses to wear a mask because of 'asthma', he then sits outside and smokes 2 or 3 cigarettes with his coffee. 

My wife is a hugely successful Store Manager and Barista, been doing for over 15 years. You don't get to her position by being a dick to customers. But if people want to be arsey and put her health at increased risk, they should consider themselves lucky they even get a coffee. If you took the amount of abuse from anti-maskers as she does, maybe you'd also treat them with the distain they deserve.

If someone has a lanyard advising they are exempt, they're treated like a valued customer. If you want good service, act like a decent human being.

The bit in bold is just a complete lie. No idea where you got that from.

I’m not being Covid specific but people being arsey with hospitality/shop staff because they’re paying money isn’t a new thing. There are a lot of ignorant arseholes out there. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

But pubs still appear in the list??

Right enough, didn't see the link with the list. Seems strange if that's for the w/c 9 November. 

🤷‍♂️

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m not being Covid specific but people being arsey with hospitality/shop staff because they’re paying money isn’t a new thing. There are a lot of ignorant arseholes out there. 

You don't need to tell me. I think there's a bit of covid fatigue creeping in now though. As most people were compliant and a bit more friendly earlier in the year.

Workers are fed up enforcing the track n trace etc and everything else that goes with it, and customers are fed up scanning stuff, giving details and having to listen to two minutes of instructions before getting their drink.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic