Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

21 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Try it, beetroot, marge and two thick slices of brown bread... you will never eat anything else 🙂 

I thought I was the only person who liked a piece n beetroot. Tremendous! I use mayo instead of marge now but it tastes just as good

Toast with butter and sliced orange on it is also weird sounding, yet tasty.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I was just thinking of getting a jar of beetroot after reading that. Never had it on a sandwich before though that sounds wrong.

Cheese and beetroot go well together. 

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Their not in tier two yet. Thats from Tuesday i thought?

Yeah meant as of Tuesday, can see spokns opening and possibly the ravelston, but most pubs not selling food or no beer garden will still be shut 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah meant as of Tuesday, can see spokns opening and possibly the ravelston, but most pubs not selling food or no beer garden will still be shut 

Main meals anyway, not just pies or nachos apparently. Not entirely sure the ratio of pints to food though 🤔

2 hours ago, the general said:

How do people in Tier 2 see it working with the pubs and restaurants .. expecting an influx?

I think they will be tbh. I took precautions and phoned ahead to make a booking for our busload tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Scary to see the effects lockdown is having on jobs like taxi drivers. Sooner the vaccine comes and we can all get back to normal the better. :toasting:

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

It is brutal and there should be things in place to help people and families like this to not just survive but get through this as relatively normal as possible.

First Minister Sturgeon announces new £30 million fund to help Covid-hit Scottish taxi drivers

https://www.prodrivermags.com/news/first-minister-sturgeon-announces-new-30-million-fund-to-help-covid-hit-scottish-taxi-drivers/

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Sounds good when you see the £30 million, but how far does a £1500 grant go?

Not too far, Tommy Sheppard's comedy club got a £250,000 Covid bailout so depends if the taxii drivers are SNP or not.

Tenaciousdandy
2 hours ago, the general said:

How do people in Tier 2 see it working with the pubs and restaurants .. expecting an influx?

Expecting day trippers to increase in North berwick over the next couple of weekends after Tuesday 

Edited by Dandyman79

Latest colour extravaganza based on upcoming tiers. Noticeable today are the decreases in Dundee, North Lanarkshire, Fife and West Dunbartonshire. Midlothian risk not being placed in Tier 2. Edinburgh heading towards Tier 2 territory.

Council Area Tier 7-day per-100,000 cases
    Today Yesterday Change
Renfrewshire 4 262 256 6
Glasgow City 4 257 262 -5
North Lanarkshire 4 233 256 -23
South Lanarkshire 4 227 239 -12
Stirling 4 224 226 -2
East Renfrewshire 4 195 193 2
West Lothian 4 187 191 -4
East Dunbartonshire 4 179 179 0
East Ayrshire 4 168 157 11
Clackmannanshire 3 167 169 -2
South Ayrshire 4 158 163 -5
West Dunbartonshire 4 147 165 -18
Fife 3 124 147 -23
North Ayrshire 3 120 118 2
Perth and Kinross 3 113 111 2
Dundee City 3 108 134 -26
Inverclyde 3 94 98 -4
Midlothian 2 94 84 10
Angus 3 93 95 -2
Falkirk 3 85 98 -13
Edinburgh City 3 80 89 -9
Aberdeenshire 2 70 67 3
Scottish Borders 2 69 68 1
East Lothian 2 61 61 0
Aberdeen City 2 58 56 2
Dumfries and Galloway 2 31 36 -5
Argyll and Bute 2 30 34 -4
Moray 1 29 31 -2
Highland 1 22 24 -2
Shetland Islands 1 13 13 0
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 4 11 -7
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cheese and beetroot go well together. 

Never even considered that - I must try it.

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Sounds good when you see the £30 million, but how far does a £1500 grant go?

No idea, I was responding to posts complaining that something needed done to help support taxi drivers showing that something has been done. Whether it's enough or not is another matter but the grant of £1500 you mention was in Northern Ireland, not sure how much they are getting in Scotland.

Nucky Thompson

Fort Kinnaird was absolutely rammed today, it was like the weekend before Christmas.

All the restaurants were heaving too.

Seemingly loads of people from East Lothian, as they can't come into a tier 3 area when it becomes law.

Even though they will have less restrictions, they are not allowed into Edinburgh where all the main shops are :lol:

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Fort Kinnaird was absolutely rammed today, it was like the weekend before Christmas.

All the restaurants were heaving too.

Seemingly loads of people from East Lothian, as they can't come into a tier 3 area when it becomes law.

Even though they will have less restrictions, they are not allowed into Edinburgh where all the main shops are :lol:

Its absolute nonsense to have council Districts right next to each other being in different tiers, folk from Joppa can't enter Musselburgh and Musselburgh can't go to the fort which is walking distance 

Edited by Dandyman79

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Its absolute nonsense to have council Districts right next to each other being in different tiers, folk from Joppa can't enter Musselburgh and Musselburgh can't go to the fort which is walking distance 

If council districts next to each other had to be the same then the whole country (mainland) would need to be the same. 

On 19/11/2020 at 13:50, Pasquale for King said:

Doing the best they can, to line the pockets of friends and donors? The U.K. government wanted to let it run unchecked throughout the population to see if we could build up immunity. They have lied their way through this whole crisis and taken absolutely no responsibility for not banning international travel and schemes like eat out to help out which have exacerbated transmission of the virus. But hey look at that nippy Nicky the weegie nazi making us do stuff to stop the spread, I’m no doing that, she’s hopeless she can’t stop the virus spreading 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈

Listen to the Herren Volk getting all bitchy. You come on hear backing the bigots who shout "only Scots born should get a vote" and "Only people who live in Scotland are entitled to comment". You never challenge the "genocide for the traitors" views of your Nationalist mates and then you wonder why NS gets called a Nazi. Well its because plenty of the people who vote for her believe this shite and not once have I seen you challenge it. Hypocrite.

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

If council districts next to each other had to be the same then the whole country (mainland) would need to be the same. 

I get what your saying, but I just don't see the sense in east lothian and midlothian being tier 2 and Edinburgh being tier 3 they, they are all the same EH postcode and within walking distance in some parts

Edited by Dandyman79

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Listen to the Herren Volk getting all bitchy. You come on hear backing the bigots who shout "only Scots born should get a vote" and "Only people who live in Scotland are entitled to comment". You never challenge the "genocide for the traitors" views of your Nationalist mates and then you wonder why NS gets called a Nazi. Well its because plenty of the people who vote for her believe this shite and not once have I seen you challenge it. Hypocrite.

:jjyay:

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Not too far, Tommy Sheppard's comedy club got a £250,000 Covid bailout so depends if the taxii drivers are SNP or not.

Yeah it was just him and SNP supporters, can’t find a breakdown of who got what though. 
https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/comedy-wins-backing-new-ps59m-scottish-arts-funding-deal-2955841

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

:cornette_dog:

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

There is certainly an "End London Rule" element to the core SNP support that are very much anti-English . Not for a minute placing Pasquale in that category.  But a large element of the support come from the dependency culture who were duped into believing, due to assertions made and untruths told during the referendum, that independence would enable them to lie in bed all day , shagging and smoking dope, with a generous benefits cheque landing on the mat every Thursday.  Come to think of it, I was very nearly persuaded myself😄

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I haven’t backed anyone actually, in the real world I stood in front the ***** with his Get England out of Scotland flag last year holding a St George’s flag. Everyone is entitled to comment on NS or what’s happening in Scotland, it be good if they knew what they were talking about though. Have you seen me say anything to Brighton about him living in a foreign country and commenting on ours, whilst debating his views?

Im sure I criticised her the other day for not making it illegal to got to airports the other day. 
As for Nationalists if I called your hero BJ a nazi for his love of the butchers apron and lockdown in this pandemic I would be shouted down, rightly so too. As for genocide of the traitors I’ve never heard that term in my large social media bubble, I have seen b this very thread a supposed tongue in cheek view that vile Nationalist separatists should be targeted. Did I miss you challenging that considering you’re a British Nationalist Separatist?

EAFBC5BC-DB19-4FD5-B817-ED993CB0DD71.jpeg

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Never even considered that - I must try it.

It was a guy who was notoriously tight who had it for lunch when I worked at the new sewage plant in Bo’ness when it was being built, my old man reckoned he thinned the sliced the beetroot too 😆😂.  
Must have it again myself. 

23 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I get what your saying, but I just don't see the sense in east lothian and midlothian being tier 2 and Edinburgh being tier 3 they, they are all the same EH postcode and within walking distance in some parts

Might not make sense but with tiers and borders it's unavoidable.

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There is certainly an "End London Rule" element to the core SNP support that are very much anti-English . 

I blame Hollywood and Mel Gibson

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeedom 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I blame Hollywood and Mel Gibson

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeedom 

Yeah there was no anti English feelings before then 😆, can’t wait til we play them in June and see all the progressive comments from both sides 🙈

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I do wonder if some employers notably financial sector will try and fund vaccination of their staff to get offices reopened as the bulk of their staff will be bottom priority.

All assuming they can source the vaccine or pay for secondary private vaccination clinics if they would need to share storage facilities.  While a good idea in theory I am not sure about the logistics.

Can only speak for the financial services company I work for, and a couple of others that mates work for. But I really do not think these companies are bothered about getting staff back in the office, nor are the staff that interested in being back in the office. 

Seriously doubt vaccine will be available privately but even if it was I don’t think companies would bother spending money on it. 

28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There is certainly an "End London Rule" element to the core SNP support that are very much anti-English . Not for a minute placing Pasquale in that category.  But a large element of the support come from the dependency culture who were duped into believing, due to assertions made and untruths told during the referendum, that independence would enable them to lie in bed all day , shagging and smoking dope, with a generous benefits cheque landing on the mat every Thursday.  Come to think of it, I was very nearly persuaded myself😄

Let's see your evidence of English haters then.

50 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I’m from Musselburgh and never gave not being allowed to go to the fort a 2nd thought.  

What a carry on 😂😂

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

There should have been things in place months ago for workers and self employed who slip through the cracks. It could still be weeks before some  see any money. 

Glad something is being done by SG to help though. 

It sure is. Some folk have lost a fair whack.

My missus was one of those who fell through the cracks. Her business hadn't earned enough in the previous year (due to her being on maternity leave) to qualify for a grant. She was directed to universal credit or jobseekers allowance. Neither of which she qualified for.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Well I ****ing hate them for a start. :seething:

7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You could always ask wee Jean Jeanie Freeman - the card carrying Commie - to arrange a FOI request.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

You could always ask wee Jean Jeanie Freeman - the card carrying Commie - to arrange a FOI request.

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's the people who don't hate England that need watching. What's to like?

Edited by OmiyaHearts

44 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Virtually nobody believes any of this and even if somebody did, to project these views onto all Indy supporters is hate speech of a particularly despicable nature. More than half of voters in Scotland support Indy and most do because we want to distance ourselves from the insidious Nationalism of the UK's major parties. Calling someone a hypocrite for failing to condemn something that doesn't really exist is clearly deranged.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Come Indy, you will be sent to camp on a Hebridean island and re-educated. It may take some time.

Heartsmad1874
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Latest colour extravaganza based on upcoming tiers. Noticeable today are the decreases in Dundee, North Lanarkshire, Fife and West Dunbartonshire. Midlothian risk not being placed in Tier 2. Edinburgh heading towards Tier 2 territory.

Council Area Tier 7-day per-100,000 cases
    Today Yesterday Change
Renfrewshire 4 262 256 6
Glasgow City 4 257 262 -5
North Lanarkshire 4 233 256 -23
South Lanarkshire 4 227 239 -12
Stirling 4 224 226 -2
East Renfrewshire 4 195 193 2
West Lothian 4 187 191 -4
East Dunbartonshire 4 179 179 0
East Ayrshire 4 168 157 11
Clackmannanshire 3 167 169 -2
South Ayrshire 4 158 163 -5
West Dunbartonshire 4 147 165 -18
Fife 3 124 147 -23
North Ayrshire 3 120 118 2
Perth and Kinross 3 113 111 2
Dundee City 3 108 134 -26
Inverclyde 3 94 98 -4
Midlothian 2 94 84 10
Angus 3 93 95 -2
Falkirk 3 85 98 -13
Edinburgh City 3 80 89 -9
Aberdeenshire 2 70 67 3
Scottish Borders 2 69 68 1
East Lothian 2 61 61 0
Aberdeen City 2 58 56 2
Dumfries and Galloway 2 31 36 -5
Argyll and Bute 2 30 34 -4
Moray 1 29 31 -2
Highland 1 22 24 -2
Shetland Islands 1 13 13 0
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 4 11 -7
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0

Midlothian showing signs of being bounced back to Tier 3 with those stats.

Tenaciousdandy
6 minutes ago, theshed said:

I’m from Musselburgh and never gave not being allowed to go to the fort a 2nd thought.  

What a carry on 😂😂

In all honesty I'd be amazed if the police hand out  fines for going to the Fort, Asda or the range from Musselburgh lol 

3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

In all honesty I'd be amazed if the police hand out  fines for going to the Fort, Asda or the range from Musselburgh lol 

They've already said they won't be policing it. 

Edit: That's not quite right, they will police it as a last resort.

Edited by graygo

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exhibit A😄

This doesn't count. This poster is clearly a Boris bot and can be recognised by his limited choice of language. He will shortly respond to your post by telling us that "we need more posts like this". It is a standard bot response.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

It would take til the end of time to catch up to the evils of Britnazis. The most murderous humans to ever roam the planet. Hypocrite! 

Edited by ri Alban

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Midlothian showing signs of being bounced back to Tier 3 with those stats.

Yup. The move of Midlothian and East Lothian to Tier 2 on Tuesday is contingent on "no significant deterioration before then". We still have a few days to go, and there are of course other indicators that are taken into account as well as the 7-day infection rate, but it's looking a little dodgy for Midlothian at the moment. The word "significant" is important - the SG might just go ahead with it anyway if the situation there doesn't get any worse than it is now, just to avoid letting folk down who thought it would be going to Tier 2. Difficult decision for them.

1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah, indoors with food, outside if have a beer garden for alcohol, I've been told they have to refuse entery to anyone not from tier 2 or lower

And how they going to manage that ?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic