Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you live in a tier 3/4 area like Edinburgh for example and fly to Poland you will breaking the law won’t you? Yeah Turkey sounds really liberal. 

C0F330DF-EF38-47F4-B51F-F8D28C93E87B.jpeg

That is not full lockdown and doesn't apply to foreign tourists, much more liberal than 90% of the UK.

I don't live in a tier 3/4 area like Edinburgh so no breaking of laws for me.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Finland is a brilliant place, one of the best to live in the world apparently. 
The majority of countries who have succeeded have stricter restrictions in the main. Like NZ or South Korea. 

So you've climbed down from none to a minority. I'll accept that.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

So you've climbed down from none to a minority. I'll accept that.

Not at all, I didn’t say no country has had less restrictions and fared better, i asked you to prove that assertion because you said it and you did with Finland. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, graygo said:

That is not full lockdown and doesn't apply to foreign tourists, much more liberal than 90% of the UK.

I don't live in a tier 3/4 area like Edinburgh so no breaking of laws for me.

Can foreign tourists get into all the businesses that are closed that are detailed in that list, do they give them keys 😆? I like this more liberal idea for tourists too.
ps England is not 90% of the U.K., in any shape or form, by the way. 

529F0739-7C27-4CBB-979A-8D385C0026C0.jpeg

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Personally I would refuse them no matter what but lying about being exempt would leave me open to complaints, but if one was English, or they were students, or hibbies I would be also liable to a claim I discriminated against them. I have in the past and will again. My boss usually backs me up. 

I'm not disagreeing or otherwise tbh, just wondering about the thing you posted. 

From my understanding you could refuse to serve maskless people if you want. Asking about it is another matter, I wouldn't ask with a talking barge pole.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Anyway back on topic some encouraging news about Oxford vaccine

image.png.d3ff737b3ede59ad7a1a122484cd1d49.png

Is the encouraging news in that picture? Interesting choice of label, nice and clear I suppose :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Why are you mentioning Sweden? You told me not to.

Poland and Turkey have both fared better than us no matter how you measure it and although both have had restrictions they were not as wide ranging as ours. I must have missed Poland's immediate travel ban when I was there in August.

Turkey now has a full Lockdown (well starting from Friday evening) from 8pm to 10am. Over 65s only allowed out between 10am and 1pm. All bars shut.  

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can foreign tourists get into all the businesses that are closed that are detailed in that list, do they give them keys 😆? I like this more liberal idea for tourists too.
ps England is not 90% of the U.K., in any shape or form, by the way. 

529F0739-7C27-4CBB-979A-8D385C0026C0.jpeg

Tourists can go into businesses that are open, shops, restaurants and the like are open all day pretty much all week. They aren't in much of the UK.

Quote me where I said England is 90% of the UK.

58 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Turkey now has a full Lockdown (well starting from Friday evening) from 8pm to 10am. Over 65s only allowed out between 10am and 1pm. All bars shut.  

It's already been posted. Is an 8pm to 10am weekend lockdown as severe as England, Northern Ireland and Scottish tier 4 areas?

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Being reported that SAGE used a number of sources from Wikipedia as justification for lockdown. 

:rofl:

Please let it be so. :jj:

1 hour ago, graygo said:

It's already been posted. Is an 8pm to 10am weekend lockdown as severe as England, Northern Ireland and Scottish tier 4 areas?

You're not allowed in the street during these times so I presume that's more severe. Not really up to date with the restrictions in Scotland

There's now people at the ticket gates in Glasgow Central asking passengers where they came from, where they're going and reason for travelling - before letting them through the gates (or not).

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Its broken a few😦

There was a spell a few months ago when I avoided this thread as it would’ve been more fun sticking needles in my eyes.

😭

7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

In Scotland some people can’t go to the airport their not allowed to fly from!! It’s madness apparently. 

You're at it, trolling is against the forum rules 

They are allowed to travel to the airport and they are breaking no laws by getting on a flight. 

The madness is that they can't do both.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You know immediate means don’t you, they had a travel ban right away in March where only people with Polish origins got in or out. For two weeks, you didn’t know that did you yet you’re saying they had less restrictions, that two week ban is more than the UK did. 
Turkey now has a weekend curfew, again that’s harsher than the U.K. whilst they’re back in lockdown. 
Any other countries with these alleged lax restrictions? 
https://tr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-2/

Poland also had their highest number of Covid deaths yesterday and the levels in Turkey are close to their previous peak and rising. When we have the virus behind us, when we know the economic impact and we know the damage in terms of neglecting other health issues, then and only then will we be able to judge the actions of govt's accurately. 

15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You're not allowed in the street during these times so I presume that's more severe. Not really up to date with the restrictions in Scotland

The streets in England are pretty much deserted at night too, tends to happen when feck all is open.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Thats tragic, give it time and they will be asking for your travel papers.

It didn't stop the 6 drunk Christmas shoppers from Edinburgh, who were moaning at my wife about the number of closed shops in town.

Why would you travel from Edinburgh to Glasgow to do Christmas shopping just now?😄 Mental.

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Thats tragic, give it time and they will be asking for your travel papers.

Dennis Reynolds
38 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Poland also had their highest number of Covid deaths yesterday and the levels in Turkey are close to their previous peak and rising. When we have the virus behind us, when we know the economic impact and we know the damage in terms of neglecting other health issues, then and only then will we be able to judge the actions of govt's accurately. 

Completely agree with the last point. The political point scoring and one-upmanship, from all sides, is just disgusting.

Let's solve the immediate problems now and then hold to account the people in charge.

41 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It didn't stop the 6 drunk Christmas shoppers from Edinburgh, who were moaning at my wife about the number of closed shops in town.

Why would you travel from Edinburgh to Glasgow to do Christmas shopping just now?😄 Mental.

There was a boy on the news last night saying he was out getting his Christmas shopping before the shops shut.  Knows he could just get everything online but he wanted the Christmas shopping experience.

:cornette:

Dennis Reynolds
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There was a boy on the news last night saying he was out getting his Christmas shopping before the shops shut.  Knows he could just get everything online but he wanted the Christmas shopping experience.

What an absolute deviant. The Christmas shopping experience is ******* torture. Albeit I can only comment from doing it in Edinburgh but I did it once and never do it again.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I got for a hour long walk around town every lunchtime. Yesterday I was expecting the place to be rammed due to the impending lockdown, surprisingly it was just as quiet as ever.

For the first time in weeks, there wasn't even a queue outside Primark! Maybe people are taking this a bit more serious now? I'd imagine most people in Glasgow know someone who's ill or tested positive (I know of about 12 people & uncle in hospital with it), so maybe it's hitting home now.

Just now, LMc said:

What an absolute deviant. The Christmas shopping experience is ******* torture. Albeit I can only comment from doing it in Edinburgh but I did it once and never do it again.

Can only assume he's the sort of guy who throws lavish Eurovision Song Contest parties and yearns for the next series of I'm a Celebrity GMOOH.  

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I got for a hour long walk around town every lunchtime. Yesterday I was expecting the place to be rammed due to the impending lockdown, surprisingly it was just as quiet as ever.

For the first time in weeks, there wasn't even a queue outside Primark! Maybe people are taking this a bit more serious now? I'd imagine most people in Glasgow know someone who's ill or tested positive (I know of about 12 people & uncle in hospital with it), so maybe it's hitting home now.

Somebody will be along in a minute to say they're all unthinking automatons conditioned by the project fear campaign of Mad Krankie.

Never liked christmas. Cold, Miserable and costs a lot of money. Much prefer the summer with beers and BBQ.  If we lower restrictions for christmas and this causes a delay to normality this spring that would be ****ing shit..

I thought this was worth sharing. Having a chat with mates about stuff today

1st message is friend who's boy is still unwell and has symptoms 2.5 weeks after a positive test.

2nd message is a friend who's dad has been in hospital for a few months and caught it there. He's still testing positive 3 weeks later. 

Is two weeks isolation really enough?

20201119_105249.jpg

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

There was a spell a few months ago when I avoided this thread as it would’ve been more fun sticking needles in my eyes.

😭

Yes i can relate to that.

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I thought this was worth sharing. Having a chat with mates about stuff today

1st message is friend who's boy is still unwell and has symptoms 2.5 weeks after a positive test.

2nd message is a friend who's dad has been in hospital for a few months and caught it there. He's still testing positive 3 weeks later. 

Is two weeks isolation really enough?

20201119_105249.jpg

The PCR tests might return a positive result for a while yet as it can't tell the difference between live virus and dead virus particles.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54000629

Edited by graygo

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Never liked christmas. Cold, Miserable and costs a lot of money. Much prefer the summer with beers and BBQ.  If we lower restrictions for christmas and this causes a delay to normality this spring that would be ****ing shit..

Agreed.  It would be tremendous to be able to look forward to the spring with an improving picture re the virus.  It's now within reach and I think people will really value what they have.  

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

In Scotland some people can’t go to the airport their not allowed to fly from!! It’s madness apparently. 

Yes, but others from outwith their tier can go inside a higher tier region containing that airport and fly away on holiday.  Madness indeed.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

😭

That must have been the worst hour of your life...

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, graygo said:

You're at it, trolling is against the forum rules 

They are allowed to travel to the airport and they are breaking no laws by getting on a flight. 

The madness is that they can't do both.

I'm shaking my head again this morning and wondering how to get the point through to some folks. 

I think it is sad with such an important subject people cant remove politics from it. 

It is a very challenging thing to deal with and i am sure everyone is trying their best but we now have an absolute shambolic set of rules for whatever reason that people want to defend purely based on their political beliefs rather than seeing them for what they are. A total mess. 

There has to be rules. Clear rules that can be followed by everyone irrelevant to their political beliefs or education level. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Just catching up on the thread. 

What’s this about airports being illegal?

I think after Friday, it will be illegal to travel to an airport with the intention of getting on a flight.

17 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don’t like the party politics of the virus, but thought I’d post this. 

those daily party political broadcasts must be working. 

The BBC paid researchers to find out that Boris is disliked? Good use of the Licence fee.

More interesting that 38% of yes voters thought that the pandemic would have been handled the same or worse in an independent Scotland. The SNP communications officer didn't tweet that bit though.

47 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Been saying this for weeks Regards Christmas, government for weeks now keep telling us to behave and if we are lucky we can enjoy Christmas Day and Boxing Day then probably back to lockdown. 

I’m more than happy to give Christmas a miss if it meant somehow getting on top of this and things returning to some normality after the year 

As I said previous Christmas to me is about eating and drinking then same again on Boxing Day and not going over the front door 

So basically the same as I will be doing this weekend anyway just without the Queens speech 

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Why is it shambolic?

In Tiers 3/4 International travel is not permitted, in tiers 0/1/2 it is. Why people are getting their knickers in a twist about it I have no idea. 

Can you post a link to that please as I haven't read anywhere about an international travel ban. I thought only the UK Government could pass such a law? I think people are getting their knickers in a twist as you put it, for a variety of reasons. 

12 minutes ago, kila said:

Just catching up on the thread. 

What’s this about airports being illegal?

Travelling to the airport is fine, but if you've thought about taking a flight then you've committed a crime.

It's a pity George Orwell didn't come up with a pithy phrase for this kind of scenario.

manaliveits105
11 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The BBC paid researchers to find out that Boris is disliked? Good use of the Licence fee.

More interesting that 38% of yes voters thought that the pandemic would have been handled the same or worse in an independent Scotland. The SNP communications officer didn't tweet that bit though.

The Scottish Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda is very selective - didnt mention recent yougov poll where indy support down to 51% either 

8 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Travelling to the airport is fine, but if you've thought about taking a flight then you've committed a crime.

It's a pity George Orwell didn't come up with a pithy phrase for this kind of scenario.

It would have sounded far fetched in 1984 ! Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction....

14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Oh dear, you really are clutching at straws here aren't you. 6% of yes voters said it would have been worse, 94% said it would have been better or the same

12 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Will I get arrested for having posted this subversive song?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic