The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

95 pages in and Craig Levein's name still being mentioned. This is a transfer thread, meant to be about transfers no? CL doesn't have any say in transfer business anymore and is no longer our manager. Sick of the sight of his name. It's like a poison

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I've studied leadership too bud and if I have a staff member, in a senior position who cannot manage for a week without me then they should not be in that position. Stendel is not ******* about. Anyone who isn't buying into his philosophy is being shown the door. Folk are going on like she's gone to a remote island with no means of communication. For a week!

Lets look at the facts.

It's the winter break

She's on holiday for a week when we don't have a game during a season when she, personally has been under a lot of pressure and taken a lot of abuse. Does her well-being not come into this? What about supporting her?

She does not need to be physically present for signings to take place.

However, as I've said elsewhere if the previous manager is hindering the new manager's dealings or staff are being obstructive. i.e. If there IS a problem and her presence is required then fair enough. But some random posting on here has kicked a hornets nest then ****** off leaving everyone screaming like bairns at bathtime. Place is like a ******* nursery

Not arguing with your management skills, and I'm not saying Ann Budge is wrong or somewhat negligent in taking her holidays during the transfer window, for we don't know for sure that it is having any negative effect on the recruitment/dumping side, or on Stendel's progress with the team, but the notion that she's needed more while the club is playing matches than right now, when the decisions she makes can affect the team massively, has me somewhat bemused, to say the least.

What is it that a CEO does when the team is playing matches that is more important than what she might be required to do right now? I'd say that right now, with the club's short to medium term future in the balance, her presence has never been more important since the day we came out of administration.

I'm hoping, that right now (if she's returned from her holiday) she's sitting down with Daniel Stendel and asking him what it is he needs, and discussing what she can do to help him, to build the team he requires to secure Hearts place in the Premiership next season.

18 minutes ago, kila said:

Don't see anything suggesting that on her twitter. Where was it reported on here?

Had a quick scan of a few threads and buggered if I can find it now 😯

Maybe lost in the deluge of folk having a pop at DS for getting rid of underperforming players?
Maybe it was a bit of shit stirring that’s been deleted?

Maybe someone can confirm I didn’t just imagine it all 😱

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

95 pages in and Craig Levein's name still being mentioned. This is a transfer thread, meant to be about transfers no? CL doesn't have any say in transfer business anymore and is no longer our manager. Sick of the sight of his name. It's like a poison

Unfortunately his job at the moment is acting sporting director in charge of outgoing transfer business as well as trying to find us a medical genius.

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I'm hoping, that right now (if she's returned from her holiday) she's sitting down with Daniel Stendel and asking him what it is he needs, and discussing what she can do to help him, to build the team he requires to secure Hearts place in the Premiership next season.

I’m hoping ( and expect ) she did that before the transfer window opened. 

7 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Souttar ?

Yes Souttar too. I wasn't sure about his injury situation but it's been posted that he has been training for several week new so hopefully he can stay injury free. 

We really do need a confident CB pairing, hopefully Souttar and Hallkett can be that!

2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Not arguing with your management skills, and I'm not saying Ann Budge is wrong or somewhat negligent in taking her holidays during the transfer window, for we don't know for sure that it is having any negative effect on the recruitment/dumping side, or on Stendel's progress with the team, but the notion that she's needed more while the club is playing matches than right now, when the decisions she makes can affect the team massively, has me somewhat bemused, to say the least.

What is it that a CEO does when the team is playing matches that is more important than what she might be required to do right now? I'd say that right now, with the club's short to medium term future in the balance, her presence has never been more important since the day we came out of administration.

At least we can agree on the bit in bold.

1 minute ago, MTS1874 said:

Unfortunately his job at the moment is acting sporting director in charge of outgoing transfer business as well as trying to find us a medical genius.

😂😂

8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yet here you are mentioning him. 

:lol: 

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yes Souttar too. I wasn't sure about his injury situation but it's been posted that he has been training for several week new so hopefully he can stay injury free. 

We really do need a confident CB pairing, hopefully Souttar and Hallkett can be that!

if we can get at least  two players out of our injured lot back playing regularly and add a striker I think that will see us ok ( staying up) . Pick two from Souttar, Naismith, Haring, Walker and Washington. 

24 minutes ago, Chimp said:

It's a comfort blanket for the hard of thinking that can't move on and must have somebody to blame, the only normal sane person happy about the demise of Craig Levein is Ian Cathro. 

I'd get used to it because for the next few years every time we drop a point I know exactly who'll be getting the blame  😀😀😀

Just now, Herbert said:

I dont mind it tbh. It wasnt sexist what I said btw its fact, how many of the kiosk staff are wee girls.

Probably 50/50 to be honest. We are spending £9m a year on men's team wages. Something tells me the women's team isn't eating into that. 

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I dont mind it tbh. It wasnt sexist what I said btw its fact, how many of the kiosk staff are wee girls.

Nah you weren’t sexist.

Facts.  :rofl: 

Just now, Herbert said:

It was kinda sexist 🤔

Just as many lads as girls working in the kiosks nowadays infact, I'd say more boys than girls work there 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m hoping ( and expect ) she did that before the transfer window opened. 

I'm sure she did, but I'd like to think she's concerned enough with the situation to do it more than once during the transfer window.

Before she went on holiday, DS had his targets and probably expected to land one or two by now within his budget. He's landed none so the picture has changed. It is more than likely that no more money will be made available, regardless of where Ann Budge is, but if that is the case then discussing how the available funds might be better targeted ie on wages rather than transfer fees, or vice versa, might be something, amongst others, that is necessary.

Of course, for all we know, Stendel was more than happy with the CEO's absence, allowing him free rein to get on with his job. He may well be a workaholic and revelling in the challenge of rebuilding the team, and morale, at the same time as searching for, and negotiating with, new players. But that doesn't mean he won't want to periodically discuss with the person holding the purse strings how best to use available funds, while hoping for, and trying to squeeze out, a little bit more.

Regardless, as DS reports directly to AB, I'd expect she'd want to speak to him for an update on a number of things, not only player recruitment, but I'd be extremely surprised if asking him what help she can give - to keep her club in the Premiership - did not enter the conversation.

PS my original post wasn't really about what happens now, such as AB discussing recruitment/available funds with DS, but about the notion that a CEO's presence is more important when the team is playing than it is in the short period available to the manager to rebuild a struggling football team.

7 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I'm sure she did, but I'd like to think she's concerned enough with the situation to do it more than once during the transfer window.

Before she went on holiday, DS had his targets and probably expected to land one or two by now within his budget. He's landed none so the picture has changed. It is more than likely that no more money will be made available, regardless of where Ann Budge is, but if that is the case then discussing how the available funds might be better targeted ie on wages rather than transfer fees, or vice versa, might be something, amongst others, that is necessary.

Of course, for all we know, Stendel was more than happy with the CEO's absence, allowing him free rein to get on with his job. He may well be a workaholic and revelling in the challenge of rebuilding the team, and morale, at the same time as searching for, and negotiating with, new players. But that doesn't mean he won't want to periodically discuss with the person holding the purse strings how best to use available funds, while hoping for, and trying to squeeze out, a little bit more.

Regardless, as DS reports directly to AB, I'd expect she'd want to speak to him for an update on a number of things, not only player recruitment, but I'd be extremely surprised if asking him what help she can give - to keep her club in the Premiership - did not enter the conversation.

PS my original post wasn't really about what happens now, such as AB discussing recruitment/available funds with DS, but about the notion that a CEO's presence is more important when the team is playing than it is in the short period available to the manager to rebuild a struggling football team.

All plans need tweaked going forward in my experience. We’ve no idea where they are with their transfer moves at the moment apart from the fact that we haven’t signed anyone yet, which I doubt was the original plan A. However, you would expect Daniel to have access to Ann if and when required. There are the other members of the board around as well to make decisions. 

i preferred work when my boss was on holiday. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

This thread is chronic, folk talking about housework and sexism.  Sums up the lack of transfer activity.

Hearing from a trusted source that Budge has just flounced back into Tynecastle.   Turns out she left her phone in her desk by accident.    She's got 1548 missed calls.     All the transfer targets have been missed.    Stendel's furious.   Levein's running about with a surgical saw trying to operate on everybody.    The tea and biscuits have run out 'cos nobody was brave enough to buy them without permission.     Shambles.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hearing from a trusted source that Budge has just flounced back into Tynecastle.   Turns out she left her phone in her desk by accident.    She's got 1548 missed calls.     All the transfer targets have been missed.    Stendel's furious.   Levein's running about with a surgical saw trying to operate on everybody.    The tea and biscuits have run out 'cos nobody was brave enough to buy them without permission.     Shambles.

ffs what a mess...

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

🤣

...a bit disco
58 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Cue explosions of masculine rage from certain posters

3 posts and 3 minutes after you wrote this.

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

He is poison.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Cue explosions of masculine rage from certain posters

And just to piss said posters of even more, several more signings for the ladies team will be announced in the coming days

38 minutes ago, bazman said:

Probably 50/50 to be honest. We are spending £9m a year on men's team wages. Something tells me the women's team isn't eating into that. 

Apparently Rangers budget for the women’s team is £1.2 m per annum 

25 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

This thread is chronic, folk talking about housework and sexism.  Sums up the lack of transfer activity.

Thanks for the input. 

1 hour ago, Jarhead said:

Did she not make critical comments on Twitter regarding the way Whelan was released?
I don’t use Twitter myself so only going by what I have seen reported on JKB , maybe I have missed where someone has showed that to be BS? If not, I would still say anything stronger than “best of luck for the future Wheels” is not the best of ideas. 

I don't think she did. My understanding is that she just liked Mrs Whelan's post(s) which were obviously taking Whelan's side.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

I don't think she did. My understanding is that she just liked Mrs Whelan's post(s) which were obviously taking Whelan's side.

Probably friends. The minefield of the like or not to like decision on social media. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be wary of criticism of the ladies team. At least they will be playing tier 1 football in 2020!!!

Thread has taken a turn for the better, just like a wee drop in café now, not expecting any signings until people are desperate enough to come to us, which will be January 30th.

A couple of wins this week wouldn't half help eh

AllyjamboDerbyshire
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

All plans need tweaked going forward in my experience. We’ve no idea where they are with their transfer moves at the moment apart from the fact that we haven’t signed anyone yet, which I doubt was the original plan A. However, you would expect Daniel to have access to Ann if and when required. There are the other members of the board around as well to make decisions. 

For me I only preferred it during the many periods I had a crap boss, one who was never any sort of help or ever available when needed. On the other hand, a good, and helpful boss, was generally missed by all.

I did, at one time, work under a general manager who was so dedicated to the business that he stayed at home during his 'holidays' sending the family away without him. Not only did he phone multiple times every day (not to me), he visited for an update every couple of days, too. He wasn't a likeable chap, nor helpful to those below him, but he did go far and brought great success, as CEO, to the parent company, and was later knighted for his services to the sector he worked in.

Obviously got nothing to do with Hearts situation, just an example of CEOs and their holidays.

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I've studied leadership too bud and if I have a staff member, in a senior position who cannot manage for a week without me then they should not be in that position. Stendel is not ******* about. Anyone who isn't buying into his philosophy is being shown the door. Folk are going on like she's gone to a remote island with no means of communication. For a week!

Lets look at the facts.

It's the winter break

She's on holiday for a week when we don't have a game during a season when she, personally has been under a lot of pressure and taken a lot of abuse. Does her well-being not come into this? What about supporting her?

She does not need to be physically present for signings to take place.

However, as I've said elsewhere if the previous manager is hindering the new manager's dealings or staff are being obstructive. i.e. If there IS a problem and her presence is required then fair enough. But some random posting on here has kicked a hornets nest then ****** off leaving everyone screaming like bairns at bathtime. Place is like a ******* nursery

If Ann Budge is feeling the pressure so much maybe she should think of standing down.Her holidays should have waited

At this critical time she should be present.Her most important manager is just in the door

Your idea of leadership in a situation like this are clearly different to mine.So be it.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

She can have a moan now that it seems her useless ***** of a husband had been told he can leave too.

50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Didn't we all 😉

4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

For me I only preferred it during the many periods I had a crap boss, one who was never any sort of help or ever available when needed. On the other hand, a good, and helpful boss, was generally missed by all.

I did, at one time, work under a general manager who was so dedicated to the business that he stayed at home during his 'holidays' sending the family away without him. Not only did he phone multiple times every day (not to me), he visited for an update every couple of days, too. He wasn't a likeable chap, nor helpful to those below him, but he did go far and brought great success, as CEO, to the parent company, and was later knighted for his services to the sector he worked in.

Obviously got nothing to do with Hearts situation, just an example of CEOs and their holidays.

Yes, but it highlights the same style doesn’t work for all. 

EEN reporting that the Dundee bid to take Wighton back is dead.

quote from their report.

"We have been priced out of making a move for Craig Wighton. Hearts’ demands were too high for us.

If we want rid why can't we just take the loss and be done with it and it would free up some cash and wages for a new player.

4 hours ago, salvo69 said:

Just seen the price for the game on Saturday is £12 for Adults and £3 for kids...I don’t go to games as much now as work a lot but think it will be really important to get a good turnout and hopefully cheer the new striker scoring on his debut

Great point. It will be interesting to see how many of the moaners, pretend JKB followers and Johnny come latelies turn up. Not a lot I suspect.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

quote from their report.

"We have been priced out of making a move for Craig Wighton. Hearts’ demands were too high for us.

If we want rid why can't we just take the loss and be done with it and it would free up some cash and wages for a new player.

Needs to be a balance as 'take the loss' will cost us cash and/ or wages... 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Great point. It will be interesting to see how many of the moaners, pretend JKB followers and Johnny come latelies turn up. Not a lot I suspect.

Had a quick look yesterday,  probably around 8k at the moment 

Gene Parmesan
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

quote from their report.

What would be the point in him playing elsewhere but still costing us? The point is we want to save the cost of paying him. Loaning him to Dundee but still paying his wages makes zero sense at all.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

What would be the point in him playing elsewhere but still costing us? The point is we want to save the cost of paying him. Loaning him to Dundee but still paying his wages makes zero sense at all.

There would surely be some wage recovery involved. Dundee can hardly expect to take him for free. Is anyone else likely to sign him?

Ultimately, make shit signings and you pay the price.

2 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Needs to be a balance as 'take the loss' will cost us cash and/ or wages... 

Stendel has told him he is free to go and he is training with the reserves so what is the point in keeping him.

He is still under contract and we have to pay him. It sounded as if Dundee wanted him back but we wanted too much money for him.

We have already paid a big fee for him so as much as it would be nice to get a large chunk of that back surely it would be better to cut the asking price and get rid?

It would free up wages for another player.