• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

The way I feel right now; just can't wait until Levein, MacPhee, Murray, Fox, Budge etc have all left the club and we can press the reset button in relation to many aspects of the club. Never felt so pessimistic in all my years of following the club.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

being 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league I can't imagine why😕

One of them is playing in the 4th tier of German football tho. 

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yeah best to stick to your own interpretation of an emoji rather than the actual words I used :rofl:

Your original post was an emoji as if to say both had been emptied, your full of shite.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

being 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league I can't imagine why😕

Bonus money might have to be an option .

Loans, options that are initially short term 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

One of them is playing in the 4th tier of German football tho. 

exactly my point. who will want to come to a team 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league especially in another country

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Bonus money might have to be an option .

Loans, options that are initially short term 

yup plus release clauses if we go down

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

exactly my point. who will want to come to a team 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league especially in another country

Someone playing 4th teir football might. 

On a not completely unrelated note, do you you think brexit uncertainty will be an issue for players at our level for clubs. 

Could maybe hamper things, especially young guys. 

The Future's Maroon
55 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

If we can get and keep Washington and Naismith fit then I’ll have no concerns about us being relegated.

My thoughts too, a return of Souttar/Haring soon also will pretty much be like four new signings....and four big ones at that.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Someone playing 4th teir football might. 

On a not completely unrelated note, do you you think brexit uncertainty will be an issue for players at our level for clubs. 

Could maybe hamper things, especially young guys. 

no idea about Brexit but our league is not an attractive selling point in trying to entice players and will clearly make matters much more difficult than normal. Not looking good so far but time will tell how it plays out

1 hour ago, Still Tynie said:

90 page's of this January Transfer Window Super Thread and still waiting on a signing 

JKB rules. We dont sign anyone until at least 100 pages. Fact!

33 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

You think Hearts are a global business :rofl:

We are a local SME business with a turnover of £15M FFS. 

We are not Amazon. 

I didn’t say Hearts were a global business. The point I was trying to make and it’s not difficult to understand, is that any business can operate efficiently regardless of where people are based. AB is CEO and not the team manager or involved in picking players to sign. I fail to see why people can’t understand that DS can call her wherever she happens to be and ask a simple question - Can we afford to sign this player. He isn’t asking her to deliver a personal opinion on what she thinks of a player. That’s his job.

Would be worth going for eoin Doyle. Just been recalled and wasn’t happy about it. Can imagine his parent club looking to cash in. Scored a fair few goals this season 

4 minutes ago, Jambo4050 said:

Would be worth going for eoin Doyle. Just been recalled and wasn’t happy about it. Can imagine his parent club looking to cash in. Scored a fair few goals this season 

Great first post......

12 minutes ago, Jambo4050 said:

Won’t be happening

simple fact is that he has played for Swindon and Bradford this season so can’t play for anyone else until next season

for that reason I can absolutely see us signing him now 😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Budge been called back from her holiday. On way back now after DS requested immediate action. 

Good sign I'd say. He is quite right that the owner should not be on holiday during probably the most crucial transfer window under her stewardship.

so he hasn’t felt properly supported after all

what a bloody surprise. 

I can see why folk go mental on this site 

3 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Won’t be happening

simple fact is that he has played for Swindon and Bradford this season so can’t play for anyone else until next season

for that reason I can absolutely see us signing him now 😂

and one of the reasons bradford will have recalled him is so he does not score goals for a promotion rival

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Yes cos signing a couple of football players is the same as folks houses burning down and people dying. Jeez. Half of the folk on here want her to GTF and the other half are demanding she never goes anywhere. Why does she physically need to be present when her "employees" who, allegedly know a lot more about football than she does should be perfectly capable of conducting any business that needs to be done.

If there is an issue with them then I understand the need for her to resolve same and agree that should be done 

Principles of leadership applies to lots of different situation at different levels.Many thousands of us have a lot of emotional investment in our club.For many it is a large part of their life.

Ann Budge is the CEO and ultimately responsible .Whether she knows much about football or not she has sent out the wrong message by going off on holiday.Its about getting alongside staff,supporting them dealing with problems meeting face to face and being a leader and being seen to be one.Its basic really.

Handofgod2015

So when Levein was in the hot seat we seemed to take weeks and weeks to finalise a transfer. In motion for ages and then nothing and then eventually with no time to get fit or to know the other players we seal a deal.

The current transfer sagas seem to follow suit.......obviously he is behind the scenes doing “stuff” so does anyone have an opinion or knowledge if he is still doing the negotiations.

Check Lafferty.......in the news one second in a Sunderland shirt the next. Villa mention Reina yesterday and today he’s on his way to Villa. Why do we never get a quick resolution to any of these deals!

25 minutes ago, Prof said:

I didn’t say Hearts were a global business. The point I was trying to make and it’s not difficult to understand, is that any business can operate efficiently regardless of where people are based. AB is CEO and not the team manager or involved in picking players to sign. I fail to see why people can’t understand that DS can call her wherever she happens to be and ask a simple question - Can we afford to sign this player. He isn’t asking her to deliver a personal opinion on what she thinks of a player. That’s his job.

Far too factual . Bet you don't get an answer

5 minutes ago, Handofgod2015 said:

So when Levein was in the hot seat we seemed to take weeks and weeks to finalise a transfer. In motion for ages and then nothing and then eventually with no time to get fit or to know the other players we seal a deal.

The current transfer sagas seem to follow suit.......obviously he is behind the scenes doing “stuff” so does anyone have an opinion or knowledge if he is still doing the negotiations.

Check Lafferty.......in the news one second in a Sunderland shirt the next. Villa mention Reina yesterday and today he’s on his way to Villa. Why do we never get a quick resolution to any of these deals!

£££ money.

We have to 'sell' the club to a player.

The owner/leader/head of the club needs to be the driving force. To be around at a crucial time, having presence around negotiations for players is important and support for a guy 2 minutes in the door!

Certainly when we don’t have a sporting director who’s nous is negotiating, is their expert field and role given to them by the boss.  

5 minutes ago, Handofgod2015 said:

Well lets see one of them was a free transfer so hardly much of a point made there

The other is a 6 month loan deal to a Top flight club where money is not really an issue so again not much of a point is it

It truly is terrible that we have to deal with other clubs and get them to agree a deal before we can sign them...within a budget.

January deals are often made late on as clubs releasing a player often want a replacement in hand prior to any release

If you'd just come out and state you are simply creating another anti Levein thread then fair enough....trying to hide it just makes one wonder what's the point if you can't even be honest as to the thread reasons

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Your original post was an emoji as if to say both had been emptied, your full of shite.

👍

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I feel strongly, through personal experience, that leaders of companies should be around at critical times. He has nobody at Director level he can just grab a face to face chat with. A phone call is just not the same.

I can just imagine.....🤔😂

Dave_mackay_3217606b.jpg

It’s very alarming with no signings or any in sight at the moment and  Under 5 days before the cup game and only 12 days before one of the most important games this season ! We need players in especially a striker soon as 🤞

pettigrewsstylist
25 minutes ago, Handofgod2015 said:

Because we are unnatractive and skint.

Oh, and out of favour senior players say boss is a ****ker.

Simples 😆

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

51 minutes ago, Prof said:

I work for what would certainly be considered a large multinational company and you are correct, the CEO won't be around all the time. However, Ann is managing a business more on a scale to one of our branches and it would be considered unthinkable for one of the branch managers to be off on holiday during something like a stock take or year end. Whilst they could delegate their role in it, it sends completely the wrong message for the leader to be sunning themselves whilst their employees are scrambling to get important work across the line or dig themselves out of a hole during something that occurs at the same time of year, every year. 

Correctly or not that breeds the type of thinking 'if they aren't interested, why should I be?'

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Because we are unnatractive and skint.

It must make it more difficult to attract players given the state we're in. Usually players are attracted for example by promises that their target team might be able to qualify for European competition. All we can offer at the moment is that we will probably be able to avoid relegation if we play well. We're maybe being forced to offer more attractive terms than we would otherwise countenance in order to get folk in the door. Just a thought, although not a very cheery one.

4 minutes ago, farin said:

According to the sun we’ve offered Berra to St Johnstone in a deal to sign Kennedy.

St Johnstone are desperate for an experienced centre back but still can’t see it happening due to wages

Vlad the impaler

Doyle the latest to be told to find a new club according to the sun. Would explain his wife liking tweets badmouthing us last wee while. Another that won’t be missed,never good enough

5 minutes ago, farin said:

According to the sun we’ve offered Berra to St Johnstone in a deal to sign Kennedy.

Record saying he’s signed for Aberdeen 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, farin said:

😂 do they think St Johnston are stupid man 😂 what a deal 

We're closer to the pre-amble at our own club too. Unless you read Villa forums the first you probably heard about Reina was once the deal was pretty much over the line; he was at their game yesterday so it was already quite far down the line. I live down that way and the talk about him goes back to early last week and that was from a guy who isn't much more than a casual fan.

Lafferty...well money probably played a major part in that along with us potentially not even being interested in him.

Edited by Taffin

I don't except many, if any, signings until much closer to the window closing. Most available players are going to see what options are available to them before making a move.

54 minutes ago, Prof said:

GinRummy explained how he runs an SME business. 

You suggested the way he does things is out of date and then tried to make a ham fisted comparison to how a global business works. 

In the SME business world face to face is still a big thing. Further, SME’s generally have much flatter management hierarchy’s  and as such GinRummy is right, when the chips are down in small businesses it is all hands to the pump, the Senior Staff don’t go swanning off on holidays and ask everyone else to clear the mess up. 

Just to clarify though. I do get the point you are making that Budge is not a football person and doesn’t necessarily have any material value to add to squad matters. It doesn’t look good though when the company CEO decides to take a week in Marbella during a company crisis. It just makes her look completely out of touch with the reality of the situation. 

Worst first post ever, but Kennedy would be a superb signing IMO.  We desperately need pace in our team, it is proven to work in this league even if the player has relatively limited ability outside of it. 

Edited by Uche

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It must make it more difficult to attract players given the state we're in. Usually players are attracted for example by promises that their target team might be able to qualify for European competition. All we can offer at the moment is that we will probably be able to avoid relegation if we play well. We're maybe being forced to offer more attractive terms than we would otherwise countenance in order to get folk in the door. Just a thought, although not a very cheery one.

pretty much how I see it. We aint an attractive proposition being 5 points adrift

Just now, Barack said:

And you're too late, as he's signed for Aberden.

But welcome anyway.👍🏻

I have missed this?!  Oops. 

Only 13 days into the window.  They will come. 

2 minutes ago, Uche said:

We desperately need pace in our team, it is proven to work in this league even if the player has relatively limited ability. 

Can I introduce you to Jake Mulraney. Not sure if you two have met?

kingantti1874

We are really struggling here it’s clear, targeting stoke players we can’t afford, then Barnsley who don’t want to deal With us , then the German lad who wants to come but who’s club refuses “despite us meeting the fee?!? - still don’t get that one” then Kennedy who’s been talking to the sheep for weeks .. and in all honesty? Who’s choose us right now with the prospect of championship football.

been great value keeping McPhee and Levein around hasn’t it