The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve already answered that earlier. I’m completely familiar with all popular modes of modern communication. If Ann can do her job entirely remotely, which technically I have no argument with, why does she ever come in to work?

C'mon she's taken a holiday through the break. 

Leaving the transfers to folk that matter. 

She'll be back watching us and supporting us and her team. When the football starts. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

She'll be back watching us and supporting us and her team. When the football starts. 

Just think the timing was extremely poor but I’m done now. I’ve made my point as best I can and I’m not going to reply to any more debate on it. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You think people wouldn’t be critical of Romanov, given the exact set of circumstances. Really?

Ha still being hailed as hero on other thread,he ran the whole club from a different country including all signings and sackings but some think budge should not have a weeks holiday

Edited by Hearts007

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Just think the timing was extremely poor but I’m done now. I’ve made my point as best I can and I’m not going to reply to any more debate on it. 

If she ****s off during the playoff and cup final week I'll be pissed. 

2 big games for us then. 😉

Lord Beni of Gorgie
40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I feel strongly, through personal experience, that leaders of companies should be around at critical times. He has nobody at Director level he can just grab a face to face chat with. A phone call is just not the same.

How long do you define the critical period?

Imagine like most people she will operate better with a short rest. 

Important that we take into account everyone's welfare not just the manager 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He had Roman there to make sure things were ok. 

Ah so Budge has left no one there..ok

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

She's just doing a "Boris Johnson" 

👍

Edited by Smith's right boot

What is it people think Ann Budge should be doing? She’s got the password to the bank account that’s it. Personally I hope she’s got **** all to do with the signings other than paying the cash. She evidently took no notice of the steaming piles of shite Levein signed so hopefully Stendel is afforded the same autonomy.

22 minutes ago, Prof said:

Some great business terms there. Overall your post is 1920’s not 2020’s. How do you think global businesses run? 

It does not matter what size a business is. The Common Denominators, are Hard work, Leading by example, and Perseverance to achieve the aim of the company.

Even in todays Digital age - People buy People.....

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What is it people think Ann Budge should be doing? She’s got the password to the bank account that’s it. Personally I hope she’s got **** all to do with the signings other than paying the cash. She evidently took no notice of the steaming piles of shite Levein signed so hopefully Stendel is afforded the same autonomy.

supporting her manager, and authorising an overspend hopefully.

26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Ann doesn’t run a global company mates it’s completely irrelevant. Though if you think everything can be done over the phone you’ve got to ask why she bothers coming to work at all🤷‍♂️

There are many global companies who's accouting departments for example are offshored, so the CEO/MD just can't pop down to accounts. They use a phone, or video conference, email, whatever.  They also just can't pop down to the New York or London office.  You don't need to be in the building, and you certainly don't when it's a football club looking to sign players, not every day of the window anyway.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

supporting her manager, and authorising an overspend hopefully.

She probably is supporting him from her yacht. Well she’s certainly not been tight with the cash so far!

Edited by Rudy T

On 09/01/2020 at 18:34, dazajmbo said:

I'm excited.....for next week. Only one initial target still in talks, it's got this far so I'm hopeful a new striker will be in by early next week

This still the case?

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

So we're going into the Airdrie game and potentially Ross County with what we have.  God I hope Naismith is fully fit.

Possibly

1 minute ago, bazman said:

This still the case?

Think it’s safe to say no at this point. Not saying it wasn’t ever the case I should point out, but “early next week” would qualify as today or tomorrow and with zero rumblings I can’t see anything happening tomorrow.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, bazman said:

This still the case?

To be fair to Daz or any other person with information,  getting a day is impossible. 

Circumstances will change days. You can only make a prediction 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The folk that matter are a worry though, with the exception of Stendel. Levein and McPhee are a waste of space.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

To be fair to Daz or any other person with information,  getting a day is impossible. 

Circumstances will change days. You can only make a prediction 

Was more getting at the 1 target still being spoken to as I presumed it was the German 

39 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Right back to incomings

Any news 

We are in for quite a few players as predicted January is hard to bring them in though and most we have been linked with look like they ain't coming.Think that's about it.

6 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

So we're going into the Airdrie game and potentially Ross County with what we have.  God I hope Naismith is fully fit.

If we cant beat Airdrie with what we have got already then a hell of a lot more need cleared out

Edited by Hearts007

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

If we cant beat Airdrie with what we have got alraedy then a hell of a lot more nead cleared out

Let's just say, Airdrie are a bit of a cup bogey team for us.  I think we'll be OK, but...........

Anyway, County game is the important one.

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

If we cant beat Airdrie with what we have got already then a hell of a lot more nead cleared out

We struggled in the league cup qualifiers.  Hope we can get a convincing win but have a feeling it’ll be hard.

Just now, GinRummy said:

We struggled in the league cup qualifiers.  Hope we can get a convincing win but have a feeling it’ll be hard.

🤞

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, bazman said:

Was more getting at the 1 target still being spoken to as I presumed it was the German 

Cool. Chat from other posters German targets were taking a lot of convincing 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Leveins bleedyball v Stendelball eh.

Let's see  :)

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Leveins bleedyball v Stendelball eh.

Let's see  :)

I have this feeling it’s all going to suddenly click in to place and we’re giving some unfortunate side a 4-0 shooing. Could have been the sheep game if not for the sending off. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We're in a bad position and things need to be done but at the same time,   she's a woman of advanced years who works pretty long hours and has a stressful job on her hands.    It's probably a good idea for her to get a break away from it.     There's a decent case for that being while we're not playing.     It would not surprise me at all if family members insisted upon it.     

She's back soon.

There's merit in what you say, but I find it hard to imagine how the CEO's presence could be more important when we are playing football, but not making do or die decisions for the club's future, than it is now, when decisions need to be made to sign players to secure that future. Once this window's closed there will be very little Ann Budge can do to affect our survival prospects (she might sign a contract with a top class caterer, or rent out office space, but that's not going to help us avoid relegation), so there's plenty of opportunity for her to enjoy a much needed break after the window closes. 

There's another potential problem with Daniel Stendel having to rely on remote conversations with someone he barely knows, and that is his much commented upon limited command of English, particularly it's nuances, and, indeed humour (humour can both help (if understood) or hinder (if misunderstood) all conversations and it's important to be able to recognise it, particularly in stressful conversations). I'm sure he has some difficulty getting the true meaning of many a conversation at the moment, even face to face, but a telephone conversation must be hell for him in English and picking up the wrong message must be a real possibility. 

It is very likely that this holiday was booked a while ago, and before there was even the possibility of being bottom of the league in January. It could well be an extremely important break for her, too, one she would find impossible to cancel, and I'm not saying she is wrong to have gone away, but that doesn't escape the fact that we are at a pivotal moment and her presence (assuming she is a steadying influence in such circumstances) is very much needed.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The folk that matter are a worry though, with the exception of Stendel. Levein and McPhee are a waste of space.

Opinions and a different debate. 

Ann isn't going to add anything in regards to transfers tho imo. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Totally disagree

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, Dayman said:

She’s nothing to do with recruitment. Bloody hell. She’s done her job by saying “Stendel, here’s your cash”. If he wants more he can send her a text. It’s not hard. 

I repeat. She has nothing to do with signing players. Unless she snuck into that stoke game McPhee went to watch with her notepad and pen? 🥴

Ok, so the CEO has no say at all in whether a transfer fee or player contract is affordable. :rolleyes:

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

If we can get and keep Washington and Naismith fit then I’ll have no concerns about us being relegated.

I’d put the odds of that at no more than 10%

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ok, so the CEO has no say at all in whether a transfer fee or player contract is affordable. :rolleyes:

“Anne, give me a call as soon as you can,

Danny the German x”

I’m ITK. It’s a real text. 

Seriously though, I’m not sure who has the final say. Anything under an agreed limit would probably be referred to someone lower on the totem pole to sign off, probably an SD. Maybe not though, but that’s what phones are for. 

Just now, Dayman said:

Danny the German x”

Seriously though, I’m not sure who has the final say. Anything under an agreed limit would probably be referred to someone lower on the totem pole to sign off, probably an SD. Maybe not though, but that’s what phones are for. 

So you don’t know. Could have just said that.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Dayman said:

Danny the German x”

And we have no SD, just two unwanted ghosts picking up a pay packet to see out their contracts.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we need to negotiate a transfer fee she would be needed. She’d obviously... give the other CEO a call. Ah, I thought I was onto something there! 🤓

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And we have no SD, just two unwanted ghosts picking up a pay packet to see out their contracts.

Ah well, no “phone off, margarita by the pool, book on hand” days for Budge then. 

2 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

So you don’t know. Could have just said that.

Neither do you. Neither do my of us. Just my speculation is an educated one, unlike the nonsense spouted on here from absolute reprobates. 

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

More like f....g  ghouls !!!

1 hour ago, Prof said:

Some great business terms there. Overall your post is 1920’s not 2020’s. How do you think global businesses run? 

You think Hearts are a global business :rofl:

We are a local SME business with a turnover of £15M FFS. 

We are not Amazon. 

2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Neither do you. Neither do my of us. Just my speculation is an educated one, unlike the nonsense spouted on here from absolute reprobates. 

Educated by what?

I don’t claim to know anything either.