The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

7 hours ago, JyTees said:

It was actually that decision that really made me sit up and wonder wtf exactly was going on at the club.

A lot more to that contract extension than just footballing matters. Was pleased that we gave him an extension. 

Edited by soonbe110

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

9 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Just to clarify though. I do get the point you are making that Budge is not a football person and doesn’t necessarily have any material value to add to squad matters. It doesn’t look good though when the company CEO decides to take a week in Marbella during a company crisis.

Two points to consider. You say it doesn’t look good. Presumably you mean it doesn’t look good too many on here. Short answer to that is, so what. It would be impossible to satisfy many of the roasters on here. Second point is that there is no company crisis at Hearts. There is a football crisis and thats down to the manager, who by early indications is doing a good clear out job.

What's the chances Stendel is in talks with German players that we don't know about and it's one of the reasons the media are giving him such a hard time, because they aren't getting things to write about?

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not how it should work and similar to why we find ourselves up shit creek. 

That is true. I can see where Cruyf is coming from but the SD should be chosen by the board and the plan should be to keep them in post through numerous managers if necessary . Not saying they shouldn't look to find someone suitable for Daniel but not one of Daniel's guys like Jorg.

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

What's the chances Stendel is in talks with German players that we don't know about and it's one of the reasons the media are giving him such a hard time, because they aren't getting things to write about?

The first part may well be correct. The media are just cocks though, simple as that. 

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

A lot more to that contract extension than just footballing matters. Was pleased that we gave him an extension. 

Fancy sharing?

19 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

A player to be shown around today, will try get a name!

Not true unless you get a fuzzy pixilated picture on a 3 MP camera from 100Mtrs away!

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fancy sharing?

Pretty sure Doyle's kid is very ill. A new contract gave him job security.

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not true unless you get a fuzzy pixilated picture on a 3 MP camera from 100Mtrs away!

😀

a random at Edinburgh Airport with a tracksuit on works as well.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fancy sharing?

Think it’s already been mentioned on here that his family have had some pretty serious health issues to deal with and his mind hasn’t been 100% on football for some time. His broken ankle hasn’t helped either. Club was very caring and generous re contract. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Think it’s already been mentioned on here that his family have had some pretty serious health issues to deal with and his mind hasn’t been 100% on football for some time. His broken ankle hasn’t helped either. Club was very caring and generous re contract. 

Thanks, must've missed it on here.

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Two weeks in, just over two weeks left (with 4 days being weekends so inexplicably not counting in this window) and no signing in sight.

I got accused of being “at it” or a pant wetter for calmly suggesting that I had a feeling (a feeling and no more) that we weren’t going to sign anyone this window. Not that we wouldn’t try, just that it wouldn’t happen for a multitude of reasons. I still stand by that but would be happy to have my gut instinct proved wrong.

Saying that I also said that we have a squad capable of going up the table but more importantly a manager capable of coaching the team to get up the table. So I’m still confident we’ll get out of this mess. Not confident of signings though, and not liking the idea of 4 or 5 games happening before signings happen or have time to bed in if we do manage to get any over the line.

It’s been mentioned on here before but Stendel has basically put a ring fence around the players he trusts. Everyone else isn’t allowed to eat or sit with them so that no negativity or moaning can happen. I am buzzing about seeing how this will effect results on the park. Am willing to bet we will see a totally different Hearts come Saturday. 

We are short on players but if this window is all about clearing the decks then so be it. We have enough left to get us out this mess. Remember, these players are now being coached and managed. They are working on fitness and playing within a system and a shape. They have tactics and instructions, clear tactics and clear instructions. They have one message and one voice coming from Stendel. That’s going to make a huge difference. 

Hopefully our star players return from injury and you could say they are as good as new signings. Essentially we should have Naismith, Washington, Souttar, Haring and Walker all returning....that’s half a team of first choice players. I am happy with Joel until the end of the season and ideally a winger with pace and a playmaker and we should be fine until the summer

15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It’s been mentioned on here before but Stendel has basically put a ring fence around the players he trusts. Everyone else isn’t allowed to eat or sit with them so that no negativity or moaning can happen. I am buzzing about seeing how this will effect results on the park. Am willing to bet we will see a totally different Hearts come Saturday. 

We are short on players but if this window is all about clearing the decks then so be it. We have enough left to get us out this mess. Remember, these players are now being coached and managed. They are working on fitness and playing within a system and a shape. They have tactics and instructions, clear tactics and clear instructions. They have one message and one voice coming from Stendel. That’s going to make a huge difference. 

spot on. 

5 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Hopefully our star players return from injury and you could say they are as good as new signings. Essentially we should have Naismith, Washington, Souttar, Haring and Walker all returning....that’s half a team of first choice players. I am happy with Joel until the end of the season and ideally a winger with pace and a playmaker and we should be fine until the summer

This is where I'm at. If we get those mentioned above and Garuccio back fit that is half a team.

We only really need 2 or 3 signings. Defender, Winger, striker.

Just seen the price for the game on Saturday is £12 for Adults and £3 for kids...I don’t go to games as much now as work a lot but think it will be really important to get a good turnout and hopefully cheer the new striker scoring on his debut

29 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Can reinforce this. First team team squad change, train and eat in different space  to reserve team now. Very different to previous approach. Not entirely popular with players but early days. Being asked to train on ‘day off’ isn’t going down well either but is helping to sort what from the chaff 

babertonjambo
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Can reinforce this. First team team squad change, train and eat in different space  to reserve team now. Very different to previous approach. Not entirely popular with players but early days. Being asked to train on ‘day off’ isn’t going down well either but is helping to sort what from the chaff 

Good to hear. They have been pampered for far too long. They can have a day off when they have earned it!

LarrysRightFoot
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I assume this is just until the players who can leave have left? Wouldn’t think separating the 1st team and reserves would be a good idea in the long term for development. 

For now it seems the correct thing to do - with the situation we are in we cannot not afford to waste time, energy on resources. I really hope the players grasp the situation we are in.

49 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah, that seems like a great way to generate team spirit 🤠

This place is truly hilarious.....Levein slated for not letting academy players have a locker until they've played an agreed number of games but DS keeps 1st team separate from rest of squad at meal times and its classed as a master stroke....unbelievable..

Edited by Walter Burns

23 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Is the deal for Herrmann completely dead in the water then? 

He's still following hearts accounts on Instagram. That's as close to a source as I'll ever get

37 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Just seen the price for the game on Saturday is £12 for Adults and £3 for kids...I don’t go to games as much now as work a lot but think it will be really important to get a good turnout and hopefully cheer the new striker scoring on his debut

New striker?

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yes it does, first team spirit 😉

The Treasurer

My concern is that people (the fans that is) are pinning their hopes on our injured players coming back.

Of course it will be great to have the likes of Naismith and Souttar back in the team but they have all been out for a while and may not hit the ground running and are quite likely to pick up the odd niggle.

For this reason it is vital that we get at least 2/3 players in that are 100% ready to play.

23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’ve only heard positive things about it, my source is buzzing and says “everyone” else is to. Obviously weird being separated but Stendel can’t trust senior pros to act professional and doesn’t want trouble makers. Am all for it. 

8 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

This place is truly hilarious.....Levein slated for not letting academy players have a locker until they've played an agreed number of games but DS keeps 1st team separate from rest of squad at meal times and its classed as a master stroke....unbelievable..

Yep, the place is truly barking mad. 

Then you have posters saying the players like it and others saying they're not happy. 

You couldn't make it up .................. hold on a minute ...

3 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Surely you weren't expecting some kind of logical , fair minded , consistent

response ?

Everyone is talking about Naismith etc coming back and how that will help us . 

If you dared to say we wouldn't be anywhere near our current situation if these players (half the team) had been available some on here would get a tad upset 

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve only heard positive things about it, my source is buzzing and says “everyone” else is to. Obviously weird being separated but Stendel can’t trust senior pros to act professional and doesn’t want trouble makers. Am all for it. 

Take note Spoleto

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

My concern is that people (the fans that is) are pinning their hopes on our injured players coming back.

Of course it will be great to have the likes of Naismith and Souttar back in the team but they have all been out for a while and may not hit the ground running and are quite likely to pick up the odd niggle.

For this reason it is vital that we get at least 2/3 players in that are 100% ready to play.

Daly said Haring was a long way off a return. 

If Naismith isn't fit by now he's obviously a busted flush.

The one bright spark will hopefully be Connor Washington.

10 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

How exactly is this the same? He is keeping away the disgruntled and potentially negative players who have already ran to the press away from the 1st team. How would the academy players getting a locker have had the same impact as they may have?

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Aye coz it was all wonderful under your pal Levein right enough!!

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yep, the place is truly barking mad. 

Then you have posters saying the players like it and others saying they're not happy. 

You couldn't make it up .................. hold on a minute ...

Or maybe some players like it and some don't. That would make it all a pretty sane.

I think we can get by with what we have if we bring in someone to score the chances we create.We must be the only team in the league that doesn't have someone capable of scoring goals

How many games did we win in the entirety of 2019? If the players want a holiday camp they should book into butlins. Right now they should be working their arses off, triple sessions I heard.  Hopefully they can all hack it, if not they shouldnt be here.

But we still need a competent goalscorer and fit centre back, fingers crossed we get them.

14 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

The old different posters think different things scenario again. Who'd have thunk it?

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Daly said Haring was a long way off a return. 

If Naismith isn't fit by now he's obviously a busted flush.

The one bright spark will hopefully be Connor Washington.

Souttar,Walker and Garrucio aswell.

3 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

Take note Spoleto

soonbe110

You can't both be right.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Fancy sharing?

His wife required surgery too, so maybe some giving her grief regarding social media can calm down a bit.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Or maybe some players like it and some don't. That would make it all a pretty sane.

But counter productive.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

soonbe110

You can't both be right.

Depends if you are talking to those in Daniels circle or those outside it!!

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, it's pretty obvious which people have friends in the first team and which have friends in the reserves! I'm assuming the line between people who like and dislike the current regime is pretty obvious in that respect!

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The old different posters think different things scenario again. Who'd have thunk it?

I think his point was that the same posters are inconsistent with their points of view. 

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

soonbe110

You can't both be right.

Or we can have different sources with a different outlook?

For example, Brandon, my source, didn’t enjoy anything about the old set up. Being asked to train/play with niggles, Gullane sand dunes etc etc whilst certain senior pros got to pick and choose when to train or even show up. Berra passing the buck and blaming everyone else bar himself, he also didn’t like certain players in the press saying that people had to carry the can and step up etc whilst the person saying those things only trained once a week. So he is happy with the change and has mentioned that the place is “buzzing” and that training is great. I’d imagine someone like Naismith or folk with kids and families etc might no be too happy with missing a day off. Or the lazy arses within the squad. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sounds to me as if Stendel has got very good man management techniques.

Every day he is growing on me.

If anyone believes the players need to be happy and pampered, look where that has got us.

For the first time in a long time it seems, they are realizing they need to perform and graft.

10/10 Daniel Stendel for being brave enough to change things round, if they don't like it, they will fail in football, not just with Hearts