The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Can I introduce you to Jake Mulraney. Not sure if you two have met?

his final ball is quite possibly the worst in history though

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

12 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Doyle the latest to be told to find a new club according to the sun. Would explain his wife liking tweets badmouthing us last wee while. Another that won’t be missed,never good enough

As much as we continue to seek Northern Irish players DS is clearing out those from the Republic - assuming it's true that Doyle and Mulraney are set to join Whelan on the way out.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, farin said:

According to the sun we’ve offered Berra to St Johnstone in a deal to sign Kennedy.

We were playing this game in the afternoon,  who we could flog to Saints 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

That was my point. Players with pace and limited ability do not necessarily do well in this league, as the poster suggested.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

As much as we continue to seek Northern Irish players DS is clearing out those from the Republic - assuming it's true that Doyle and Mulraney are set to join Whelan on the way out.

doyle is ****ing pish. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Got his pace from all the running he got as a kid, "whoever hits it gets it" and all that. 

kingantti1874
Just now, TheOak88 said:

That was my point. Players with pace and limited ability do not necessarily do well in this league, as the poster suggested.

👍🏻

We’re going down like.  If we were likely to sign players they would be here by now.  Extremely worrying that we are struggling to get players in.  
we must have a striker and winger in before we play Ross county 

3 minutes ago, Badonde said:

We’re going down like.  If we were likely to sign players they would be here by now.  Extremely worrying that we are struggling to get players in.  

Naw wur no!

Naw it isny!

Naw we dinny!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Badonde said:

We should have beat Aberdeen. I'm sure if we get players healthy there's going to be a big improvement 

Jambof3tornado

Wonder how the sporting director shortlist is coming along?

I hope for Anns sake we don't discover our lack of action is down to Levein and Macphee!!

I think a wee friday announcement of a new player to give us a boost going into the cup tie.

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I hope for Anns sake we don't discover our lack of action is down to Levein and Macphee!!

I think a wee friday announcement of a new player to give us a boost going into the cup tie.

Stuff waiting till Friday, we need one ASAP!

(not a dig at your comment)

7 minutes ago, Badonde said:

If we were likely to sign players they would be here by now.  

Why? The vast majority of business in January is done in the second half of the month.

Record Sport revealed back in December that Atlanta United were trying to sign frozen-out winger Mulraney.

The clubs have agreed a £200,000 fee.  The former Inverness star has knocked back the first offer from the Major League Soccer outfit and is now waiting for them to return with an improved package.

It will be difficult to get players in with us bottom of the league and only survival and

maybe a descent cup run to entice them ..loan players may be our best option To get us out this situation, unless we can pick up gem from from a lower league .! Imo 

48 minutes ago, farin said:

According to the sun we’ve offered Berra to St Johnstone in a deal to sign Kennedy.

43 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Record saying he’s signed for Aberdeen 

😂 Well that went well. 

17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Doyle going suggests a new GK to me. Might get rid of Pereira too

Things have got interesting 

Maybe although I was surprised one hadn't been on the list to go already as we don't need 3 senior goalies when we're desperately trying to free up wages.

Edited by Hungry hippo

rudi must stay
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Maybe although I was surprised one hadn't been on the list to go already as we don't need 3 senior goalies when we're desperately trying to fee up wages.

Could also be true and it's easy to see he's the weakest of the 3

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Suggests to me, that we’ve got three hopeless goalkeepers and we’re wanting shot of one of them, to free up a wage for an attacking player!

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, One five said:

Does not fill me with confidence mate 

Has his weak links definatly. I hope he gets a chat from Stendel. Mourinho says he's one of the best young keepers in Europe 

20 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Record Sport revealed back in December that Atlanta United were trying to sign frozen-out winger Mulraney.

The clubs have agreed a £200,000 fee.  The former Inverness star has knocked back the first offer from the Major League Soccer outfit and is now waiting for them to return with an improved package.

Bizzare if true, my only demands if I was him would be to have the deal signed immediately before their scouts have time to watch any of videos of him playing.  If he wants to sit in the stand and pick up a wage this will be a very abrupt end to his professional footballing career. 

Edited by Jambo92

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Has his weak links definatly. I hope he gets a chat from Stendel. Mourinho says he's one of the best young keepers in Europe 

He did look ok against the sheep

so maybe Yeah Stendel will be good for him 

I get the feeling that there has been a fair bit of leg work done on some signings as well as stendel taking the week to look over the returning loan players with a view of getting signings done when budge gets back.

6 minutes ago, One five said:

He did look ok against the sheep

so maybe Yeah Stendel will be good for him 

Sievers will be good for him I think. He has coached top keepers at Hannover. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sievers will be good for him I think. He has coached top keepers at Hannover. 

He'll be off to Portugal soon if rumours are to be believed

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He'll be off to Portugal soon if rumours are to be believed

Possibly. Then we have to get another keeper. 

11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Great news about Doyle. Absolutely ridiculous giving him an extension in the first place.

👋

It was actually that decision that really made me sit up and wonder wtf exactly was going on at the club.

6 minutes ago, JyTees said:

It was actually that decision that really made me sit up and wonder wtf exactly was going on at the club.

The only decision that 100% defies logic. I know many will argue lmthere were far more than that but I could see what the intention was with even the worst other decisions.

When Doyle's extension was announced I wrongly assumed Bobby was 100% leaving imminently as nothing else made sense. 

Edited by Hungry hippo

22 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

The only decision that 100% defies logic. I know many will argue lmthere were far more than that but I could see what the intention was with even the worst other decisions.

When Doyle's extension was announced I wrongly assumed Bobby was 100% leaving imminently as nothing else made sense. 

Unfathomable. I actually questioned if it had been made out of pity!

That was definitely the moment for me though.

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Stendel should pick a Sporting Director/Head of Recruitment who he trusts imo. 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

It will be extremely hard to find a good goalkeeper in this window. 

Two weeks in, just over two weeks left (with 4 days being weekends so inexplicably not counting in this window) and no signing in sight.

I got accused of being “at it” or a pant wetter for calmly suggesting that I had a feeling (a feeling and no more) that we weren’t going to sign anyone this window. Not that we wouldn’t try, just that it wouldn’t happen for a multitude of reasons. I still stand by that but would be happy to have my gut instinct proved wrong.

Saying that I also said that we have a squad capable of going up the table but more importantly a manager capable of coaching the team to get up the table. So I’m still confident we’ll get out of this mess. Not confident of signings though, and not liking the idea of 4 or 5 games happening before signings happen or have time to bed in if we do manage to get any over the line.

Coburg Hearts

I'm as sure as sure can be - 99.5% sure - that we will sign at least 2 players before the window shuts.

56 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'm as sure as sure can be - 99.5% sure - that we will sign at least 2 players before the window shuts.

Sincerely hope you’re right. My worry (for lack of a better term) is when we will sign anyone. As transfer business only seems to happen Mon-Fri we have 4 working days before Airdrie - with no signs of any signing being anywhere near to close. Then another two working days after that before Ross County. Then another two working days before Rangers. Then we’ll have just the one full working week before the window closes.

I’d say the last week of the window is the likely point anyone would sign if we’re going to sign anyone. But that would be three games played without signings and if they come in the last week wouldn’t have much time before an important game vs St. Johnstone on Saturday the 1st. If they sign deadline day for example they’ll unlikely feature vs St. Johnstone and would have barely any time before the following game a few days later midweek vs Kilmarnock. With the following game potentially being a 5th round Scottish Cup game on the 8th the next league game after that is Celtic.

So potentially 5 games without any new signings (if we sign anyone) featured is a very strong possibility. And the 6th game would hopefully be a Scottish Cup tie, which would be likely the point some signings would be bedded. I suppose my main point is what I’ve mentioned previously and Celtic unfortunately likely a loss, IF we were to sign anyone they would likely be signed late into the window meaning there would be 5 league games (including Celtic) that would either not feature a new player or certainly not one up to speed. That’s 15 points to play for. The next league game (again discounting Celtic) we’d likely have new players bedded in and fully ready would be Hearts v Hamilton on the 15th February, which would be the 27th out of the 38 games of the season.

Must re-iterate though that I feel we have the squad and especially manager to get us out of trouble, especially if we’re playing the final 5 games against bottom 6 sides. And I don’t want to just write off the game against Celtic, I want us to have a right go, but the respective league positions and wage bills tell us odds are stacked against us.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

58 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I normally agree with you Coburg but not on this occasion I'm afraid.

I'm 99.7% sure.

Have to say though that getting our injured players up and running and seeing the others continuing to improve under Stendel matters more to me or at least, just as much.

Handofgod2015
6 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Well lets see one of them was a free transfer so hardly much of a point made there

The other is a 6 month loan deal to a Top flight club where money is not really an issue so again not much of a point is it

It truly is terrible that we have to deal with other clubs and get them to agree a deal before we can sign them...within a budget.

January deals are often made late on as clubs releasing a player often want a replacement in hand prior to any release

If you'd just come out and state you are simply creating another anti Levein thread then fair enough....trying to hide it just makes one wonder what's the point if you can't even be honest as to the thread reasons

My point is our transfer business since Levein has been involved in it always drags. No need to be an erse

8 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

d.JPG.c422f7951239f4affb9cc5ac532c5802.JPG

Not 100% sure what point's being made here but if you're going to look up a player's stats, best to use transfermarkt.co.uk instead of wikipedia, it's much more accurate.

It shows that he played 2 games for Bradford in league 2 this season before moving to Swindon.

8 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

d.JPG.c422f7951239f4affb9cc5ac532c5802.JPG

Not 100% sure what point's being made here but if you're going to look up a player's stats, best to use transfermarkt.co.uk instead of wikipedia, it's much more accurate.

It shows that he played 2 games for Bradford in league 2 this season before moving to Swindon.

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yep, marginally poorer than his first ball.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Stendel should pick a Sporting Director/Head of Recruitment who he trusts imo. 

Not how it should work and similar to why we find ourselves up shit creek.