The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Are you serious? You don’t think she’d know we tried to help him out? And we didn’t give him it on compassionate grounds who the hell thinks we did? 

Did you read my post?

I said I was not in possession of the facts but you appear to know them.  Give us chapter and verse of what happened re the extension - not what you think might have happened.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we gave her husband an extension on compassionate grounds, in fact we pay him more than he’s likely to get elsewhere, then a bit of respect for her husbands employers wouldn’t go amiss. He may even have a clause in his contract about social media etc. It is a free country though and she is allowed to have her beliefs, as are we.

She is not her husband. She can say what she wants. I just find it surprising that people give a shit what she has to say. With all due respect, she is no one.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Twitter is a decent platform for business or clubs. 

Awful just like FB for individuals spouting bile

25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:
Team P GD Pts
1   Celtic 20 42 52

2   Rangers 19 42 50
3   Motherwell 21 6 37

4   Aberdeen 21 4 36
5   Livingston 21 1 25
6   Hibernian 21 -7 25
7   Kilmarnock 21 -7 23
8   Ross County 20 -20 21
9   St Johnstone 19 -18 20
10   St Mirren 21 -12 19

11   Hamilton 21 -14 18

12   Hearts 21 -17 13

So five points adrift. Not 7?

19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I also see that Ross Co have a game in hand over us and St Johnstone have two.

Next Wednesday's game is a real "6" pointer if ever there was one.

Most important game for many a year,,,and a must win ? This could be defining ,,,

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we gave her husband an extension on compassionate grounds, in fact we pay him more than he’s likely to get elsewhere, then a bit of respect for her husbands employers wouldn’t go amiss. He may even have a clause in his contract about social media etc. It is a free country though and she is allowed to have her beliefs, as are we.

You are spot on there, whatever the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

point still stands. “We’re seven points adrift at the bottom of the league. Fancy joining us?”

Eh, no.

And theres a film crew in the dressing room. Might put some off? 

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's only a 6 pointer as far as dragging County back into it, it's a 3 pointer otherwise.

I think any of the teams just above us and within catching distance can be seen as 6 pointers for us.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Ak47 said:

And theres a film crew in the dressing room. Might put some off? 

The plug should have been pulled on that ages ago.

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Most important game for many a year,,,and a must win ? This could be defining ,,,

Ross County’s game in hand is Rangers away.

St Johnstone’s two in hand are both the old firm I’m sure.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Fair enough. I couldn’t care less. We’re not paying her. We’re paying her husband who is employed by us and to date hasn’t said anything negative as far as I’m aware. Berra has and he should be disciplined for it. I don’t think we’ve given her anything for free. We needed a stand in keeper and Levein (for whatever reason) chose to keep hold of Doyle. I doubt very much we just handed a salary out in charity with no intention of using Doyle.

I fail to see how you don’t think that’s bad patter. It’s her kid as well and we’ve helped her out too surely? 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did you read my post?

I said I was not in possession of the facts but you appear to know them.  Give us chapter and verse of what happened re the extension - not what you think might have happened.

I don’t know the facts. I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere from posters saying we helped the family out and that they were glad we showed compassion. 
If true his wife is a right ungrateful cow. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Thanks for the input. 

Well it's about as much use as half the chat on this thread.  Actually I apologise, I am just worked up with all things Hearts.  I said on another thread, things felt great after the draw with Aberdeen but the lack of new faces this week followed by the bad press last week has taken the shine off the progress.

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I fail to see how you don’t think that’s bad patter. It’s her kid as well and we’ve helped her out too surely? 

We’ve not helped her out. We’ve employed her husband as a professional footballer.

I don’t care what she has to say and I struggle to understand why some people do. She has no association with Hearts. I suspect her Husband probably asks her to pipe down as it’s embarrassing for him but I genuinely don’t care about what someone’s relative has to say on Twitter. It’s so unimportant. She is no one. Her opinion is as valid as my mother’s. My mother hates football.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

We’ve not helped her out. We’ve employed her husband as a professional footballer.

I don’t care what she has to say and I struggle to understand why some people do. She has no association with Hearts. I suspect her Husband probably asks her to pipe down as it’s embarrassing for him but I genuinely don’t care about what someone’s relative has to say on Twitter. It’s so unimportant. She is no one. Her opinion is as valid as my mother’s. My mother hates football.

Well fair enough man you don’t care that people are taking this club for a ride but I do. Doesn’t sit well with me. 

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

7 off safety is the point.

The point is we are 5 points away from being out of the automatic relegation place. 6 points away from 10th place.

7 points sounds more dramatic though.

Anybody who doesn't want to sign for us because of that when it's only January, isn't worth bothering about

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

This thread could do with a title change as it ain't super and it's barely transfer related anymore

bit of fun then, what would people change this threads name too? Cause Transfer thread it certainly  is not

Edited by gov

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Surely it has been now ffs.

depends on what’s been agreed commercially. There might be no way out of the contract 

MarkDevriesScores4
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Well fair enough man you don’t care that people are taking this club for a ride but I do. Doesn’t sit well with me. 

She can’t take us for a ride. We don’t employ her.

Her husband is employed as a stand in goalkeeper. He hasn’t taken us for a ride. We’ve paid him for being a goalkeeper. 

2 minutes ago, gov said:

bit of fun then, what would people change this threads name too? Cause Transfer thread it certainly  is not

The Terrace Shed for all things hearts and football and anything else

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t know the facts. I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere from posters saying we helped the family out and that they were glad we showed compassion. 
If true his wife is a right ungrateful cow. 

You don't know the facts but you say we did not give him the extension on compassionate grounds.  How can you come to that conclusion if you don't know the facts?

I quote from your earlier post

"And we didn’t give him it on compassionate grounds who the hell thinks we did?  "

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

depends on what’s been agreed commercially. There might be no way out of the contract 

Can see it now 

NETFLIX ORIGINAL - Championship bound

😂

8 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

She can’t take us for a ride. We don’t employ her.

Her husband is employed as a stand in goalkeeper. He hasn’t taken us for a ride. We’ve paid him for being a goalkeeper. 

He's got a contract too.

Just being allowed to leave. Presumably he might want to move somewhere he can play. 

30 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Ross County’s game in hand is Rangers away.

St Johnstone’s two in hand are both the old firm I’m sure.

Looks better for us ,,,but we still got to get the points ,,,wel do ok I'm sure......🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

45 minutes ago, Barack said:

Might get one or two mercenaries in.

Looks like Stendel's going to have to get a tune out of the majority of work-shy arseholes, that got us into this mess in the 1st place.

In a way, it'll be a massive **** you to Levein  for failing to do similar. 

I really want this to happen. IF we dont manage to get anyone in, I hope we go on a fine run of results and finish mid-table and maybe win the cup.

GIRFUY Levein.

Of course he would just say the injured players returning "is wot did it".

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

She is not her husband. She can say what she wants. I just find it surprising that people give a shit what she has to say. With all due respect, she is no one.

She should show the club respect, especially seeing as her husband is hopeless and won’t get paid as much anywhere else.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The point is we are 5 points away from being out of the automatic relegation place. 6 points away from 10th place.

7 points sounds more dramatic though.

Anybody who doesn't want to sign for us because of that when it's only January, isn't worth bothering about

6 points would leave us behind St Mirren on goal difference as it currently stands, hence the 7 points.

If anyone doesn’t want to sign for us for any reason just move onto someone else.

Edited by Pasquale for King

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You don't know the facts but you say we did not give him the extension on compassionate grounds.  How can you come to that conclusion if you don't know the facts?

I quote from your earlier post

"And we didn’t give him it on compassionate grounds who the hell thinks we did?  "

I don’t know it for a fact and I’ve already said that. It seems to be getting stated as fact on another thread though. 
Personally I think she should keep her mouth shut while her husband is being paid by this club. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Liam Bridcutt available on loan. Bolton and Sunderland were after him but now Sunderland have pulled out. Would take him in a heartbeat 

Not sure about current form but he was a decent player a few years ago 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Not sure about current form but he was a decent player a few years ago 

Tenacious and a good leader. Could do a lot worse

MarkDevriesScores4
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She should show the club respect, especially seeing as her husband is hopeless and won’t get paid as much anywhere else.

Who cares what respect she shows to the club? She has nothing to do with the club in the same way that Rebecca Vardy’s opinion on Leicester is not important. 

Her opinion on hearts is unimportant. Stop caring about player’s wive’s opinions on the club. 

Right see for everyone stating that we wont or cant attract players because we are bottom of the league, am I wrong but didnt we sign Pasquale Bruno, Gilles Rousset and...ehem...Hans Eskilsson all on the same day while bottom of the league?

The fact is that if the manager can sell his vision and the pay is right, the players will come. But irs massively important right now to get the right players 

5 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Right see for everyone stating that we wont or cant attract players because we are bottom of the league, am I wrong but didnt we sign Pasquale Bruno, Gilles Rousset and...ehem...Hans Eskilsson all on the same day while bottom of the league?

The fact is that if the manager can sell his vision and the pay is right, the players will come. But irs massively important right now to get the right players 

Yes we did in 95 pretty sure the debuts didn't go well however as sure Patrick pumped us 2-5 at Tynecastle tho possibly Eskillson scored 

Said before and will say again....if players don't come to the club because of our league position and think it's a lost cause then they can't think much of their own capabilities. Five points behind is nothing, especially when there's a potential 51 still to play for. If it's too much trouble for them to bother then just don't. We'll be playing teams around us plenty more times and definitely after the split so there's no reason for them not to believe we wouldn't be able to do it. Do they fancy the challenge? Will a loan deal or short term contract not put them in the spotlight for potential moves to another club in future? If not then they might just be the types that will never prosper, and shouldn't bother turning up at Tynie.

7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Then again with Levein and McPhee lurking around the place we still look like a joke 

MarkDevriesScores4
5 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Totally agree. I get the impression that Stendel could sell his vision with passion and we have the 3rd/4th highest wage budget in the division. If the money is right, the club and manager sells itself. Hearts are not a bottom of the league club and I think most players/agents doing any research will know that. 

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Yes we did in 95 pretty sure the debuts didn't go well however as sure Patrick pumped us 2-5 at Tynecastle tho possibly Eskillson scored 

no we beat Partick quite comfortably I’m pretty certain. Bruno was absolutely outstanding. 

4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

They did and he did score. 

3 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

no we beat Partick quite comfortably I’m pretty certain. Bruno was absolutely outstanding. 

Thought we got beat that day. 

Memory failing quickly ☹️

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

7 off safety is the point.

I get the point I just don't agree with framing it as we are 7 points adrift, five is ******* bad enough. If it said 7 points from safety fair do's. Semantics maybe 

Edited by Jamhammer

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

2-0 I think, if it's the game I was at.  We scored 2 in the first half.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Partick 3-0 at home.  Lost 5-2 in the next home match vs Partick.    

That 2-5 was weird, we were playing well in general after an awful start to the season iirc. 

The 3-0.

Hans eskillson celebration after the goal 😂😂 he scored from about 2 cm! 

40 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I really want this to happen. IF we dont manage to get anyone in, I hope we go on a fine run of results and finish mid-table and maybe win the cup.

GIRFUY Levein.

Of course he would just say the injured players returning "is wot did it".

You don't think a fit Souttar , Naismith , Washington etc would have made a difference this season ?