The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Or we can have different sources with a different outlook?

For example, Brandon, my source, didn’t enjoy anything about the old set up. Being asked to train/play with niggles, Gullane sand dunes etc etc whilst certain senior pros got to pick and choose when to train or even show up. Berra passing the buck and blaming everyone else bar himself, he also didn’t like certain players in the press saying that people had to carry the can and step up etc whilst the person saying those things only trained once a week. So he is happy with the change and has mentioned that the place is “buzzing” and that training is great. I’d imagine someone like Naismith or folk with kids and families etc might no be too happy with missing a day off. Or the lazy arses within the squad. 

I hope he didn't tell you in confidence 🙂

They surely don't still have them running up and down sand dunes do they?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sounds to me as if Stendel has got very good man management techniques.

Every day he is growing on me.

If anyone believes the players need to be happy and pampered, look where that has got us.

For the first time in a long time it seems, they are realizing they need to perform and graft.

10/10 Daniel Stendel for being brave enough to change things round, if they don't like it, they will fail in football, not just with Hearts

Spot on. 

Just now, Spoleto said:

I hope he didn't tell you in confidence 🙂

They surely don't still have them running up and down sand dunes do they?

Haha nah the sand dunes was in the summer. Imagine the up roar if Daniel had them up the sand dunes 😂

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Been back full training for weeks.

Thanks. 

So we should see Souttar starting the Airdrie game? I hope he comes back fitter than Halkett.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Not 100% sure what point's being made here but if you're going to look up a player's stats, best to use transfermarkt.co.uk instead of wikipedia, it's much more accurate.

It shows that he played 2 games for Bradford in league 2 this season before moving to Swindon.

someone mentioned him earlier

22 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

His wife required surgery too, so maybe some giving her grief regarding social media can calm down a bit.

You would like to think so . I like to think there is a tooth fairy . 

I've more chance of being right 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Aye arseholes will be arseholes unfortunately.

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not a lot of people are privy to the information that his daughter/wife was unwell.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Is the deal for Herrmann completely dead in the water then? 

I reckon if he doesnt come this window he will be in next window. But I get a sense that Wolfsburg are trying to get a bit more money by saying they can't let him go due to injuries I.e. well we need him but if you gave us more we might find it too hard to turn down.

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sounds to me as if Stendel has got very good man management techniques.

Every day he is growing on me.

If anyone believes the players need to be happy and pampered, look where that has got us.

For the first time in a long time it seems, they are realizing they need to perform and graft.

10/10 Daniel Stendel for being brave enough to change things round, if they don't like it, they will fail in football, not just with Hearts

👍absolutely  - some shock treatment was clearly long overdue! 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Is the deal for Herrmann completely dead in the water then? 

I reckon if he doesnt come this window he will be in next window. But I get a sense that Wolfsburg are trying to get a bit more money by saying they can't let him go due to injuries I.e. well we need him but if you gave us more we might find it too hard to turn down.

28 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

His wife required surgery too, so maybe some giving her grief regarding social media can calm down a bit.

If we gave Doyle a contract extension for compassionate reasons (and I’ve no cause not to believe that) then would it not be a good idea for his wife to keep her own council about players that are leaving?

20 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Sorry folks, SS is going to have to go, clearly going to cause some offence. Flick and Olga instead? Joking.

Nobody watch Allo Allo?

* Helga

36 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yep, the place is truly barking mad. 

Then you have posters saying the players like it and others saying they're not happy. 

You couldn't make it up .................. hold on a minute ...

This place really is a haven for wierdos . 

There are even Hibs fans STILL hanging around on here pretending to be Hearrs fans even when they've been outed time after time.

You really couldn't make it up , the wierdos wierdo 😂

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Pretty sure Doyle's kid is very ill. A new contract gave him job security.

Didn't know that. New light on the matter. Thats the club id want us to be i suppose.

Hope his wee yin is ok

11 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

Principles of leadership applies to lots of different situation at different levels.Many thousands of us have a lot of emotional investment in our club.For many it is a large part of their life.

Ann Budge is the CEO and ultimately responsible .Whether she knows much about football or not she has sent out the wrong message by going off on holiday.Its about getting alongside staff,supporting them dealing with problems meeting face to face and being a leader and being seen to be one.Its basic really.

I've studied leadership too bud and if I have a staff member, in a senior position who cannot manage for a week without me then they should not be in that position. Stendel is not ******* about. Anyone who isn't buying into his philosophy is being shown the door. Folk are going on like she's gone to a remote island with no means of communication. For a week!

Lets look at the facts.

It's the winter break

She's on holiday for a week when we don't have a game during a season when she, personally has been under a lot of pressure and taken a lot of abuse. Does her well-being not come into this? What about supporting her?

She does not need to be physically present for signings to take place.

However, as I've said elsewhere if the previous manager is hindering the new manager's dealings or staff are being obstructive. i.e. If there IS a problem and her presence is required then fair enough. But some random posting on here has kicked a hornets nest then ****** off leaving everyone screaming like bairns at bathtime. Place is like a ******* nursery

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It will be extremely hard to find a good goalkeeper in this window. 

Craig Gordon only one I can think of. 

8 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

If we gave Doyle a contract extension for compassionate reasons (and I’ve no cause not to believe that) then would it not be a good idea for his wife to keep her own council about players that are leaving?

This

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I've studied leadership too bud and if I have a staff member, in a senior position who cannot manage for a week without me then they should not be in that position. Stendel is not ******* about. Anyone who isn't buying into his philosophy is being shown the door. Folk are going on like she's gone to a remote island with no means of communication. For a week!

Lets look at the facts.

It's the winter break

She's on holiday for a week when we don't have a game during a season when she, personally has been under a lot of pressure and taken a lot of abuse. Does her well-being not come into this? What about supporting her?

However, as I've said elsewhere if the previous manager is hindering the new manager's dealings or staff are being obstructive. i.e. If there IS a problem and her presence is required then fair enough. But some random posting on here has kicked a hornets nest then ****** off leaving everyone screaming like bairns at bathtime. Place is like a ******* nursery

I think that’s clear enough. Won’t make a blind bit of difference on here though 

Bazzas right boot

Lets look at the facts.

It's the winter break

100% this. 

The idea that Ann Budge needs to be present to hold hands is ridiculous. 

She also has no input in transfers other than financial. 

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah every chance that's the case. I wonder why the likes of Everton and Newcastle cooled their interest in him since last year. You would think a player capped for Germany from u15 to u19 level would have a lot better options than us this summer. I'd like to see it happen though, soon see.

14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This place really is a haven for wierdos . 

There are even Hibs fans STILL hanging around on here pretending to be Hearrs fans even when they've been outed time after time.

You really couldn't make it up , the wierdos wierdo 😂

Really? 

If you suspect anyone of being a Hibs fan you really should report it.

Konrad von Carstein
36 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Or we can have different sources with a different outlook?

For example, Brandon, my source, didn’t enjoy anything about the old set up. Being asked to train/play with niggles, Gullane sand dunes etc etc whilst certain senior pros got to pick and choose when to train or even show up. Berra passing the buck and blaming everyone else bar himself, he also didn’t like certain players in the press saying that people had to carry the can and step up etc whilst the person saying those things only trained once a week. So he is happy with the change and has mentioned that the place is “buzzing” and that training is great. I’d imagine someone like Naismith or folk with kids and families etc might no be too happy with missing a day off. Or the lazy arses within the squad. 

*Narrator*

And this was the last time Busby1985 received inside info from Brandon....

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Whats she actually said about players leaving?

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% this. 

The idea that Ann Budge needs to be present to hold hands is ridiculous. 

She also has no input in transfers other than financial. 

One of the biggest pet hates of mine is how people hold her openness and transparency against her. Like they demand answers for every question that pops into their heads. People wanting an up date to the five year plan, three months after she’s given clear feedback on it. Id honestly now prefer her to just shut the book and don’t let anyone know anything till the AGM. Speak up if something major happens but just shut the tap. This culture it’s created amongst the fans is bonkers. “My pal john sells grass and he says the pitch should look well minted. Why’s Budge no telling us man”. 🙈

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

*Narrator*

And this was the last time Busby1985 received inside info from Brandon....

😂😂

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

One of the biggest pet hates of mine is how people hold her openness and transparency against her. Like they demand answers for every question that pops into their heads. People wanting an up date to the five year plan, three months after she’s given clear feedback on it. Id honestly now prefer her to just shut the book and don’t let anyone know anything till the AGM. Speak up if something major happens but just shut the tap. This culture it’s created amongst the fans is bonkers. “My pal john sells grass and he says the pitch should look well minted. Why’s Budge no telling us man”. 🙈

100% agree. 

She needs to back Stendel financially now. 

He's got his am in. 

He's been backed in regards to Berra, Whelan, Keena, Doyle ect. 

He's got admin back up with Macphee doing the legwork. 

Folk venting thier anger / frustration are missing the biggest issue in regards to transfers for us. 

It's January which is hard anyway for instant transfers and we're bottom of the league. 

We're competing it seems against the likes of Sunderland and Aberdeen, both are more appealing for different reasons right now. 

Hopefully Stendel can pull a few rabbits out of the hat from Germany as it's unlikely teams in our market will be clued up with players over there. 

We don't need statements or updates and Ann can take a ****ing holiday during the January.... Break. 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Yeah, that seems like a great way to generate team spirit 🤠

Because the way we trained prior to his arrival was, obviously fantastic for team spirit. The football was shite but the spirit was brilliant. You really are hard at it. Or you're Craig Levein

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Craig Gordon only one I can think of. 

Be interesting to see what Villa do with Sarkic now Reina is in.

Better than Hladky imho

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

:spoton:

It seems vveryones an expert on how to run the club.

13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Lets look at the facts.

It's the winter break

First paragraph: but the perception - rightly or wrongly - is that there is a struggle between the new Head Coach and two employees who have recently been removed from that post and placed into undefined roles. It is a sensitive time and, as we are a small company in terms of employees, it needs careful handling. If nothing else, Budge needs to make it clear she 100% supports DS's actions.

Second paragraph: sounds a tad patronising and suggesting she cannot cope because she is a woman. She has allowed this situation to develop so needs to stand up and deal with it. And I very much doubt you would extend the same concern to Messrs Gold & Sullivan

Third paragraph: totally agree - suggesting Budge has been 'summoned' implied an emergency, which clearly is not the case.

Because the way we trained prior to his arrival was, obviously fantastic for team spirit. The football was shite but the spirit was brilliant. You really are hard at it. Or you're Craig Levein

I'm really not sure what you're saying Jamhammer.

What do you think has been the problem. What is it about Stendel that's going to make the difference?

Is it dividing the squad as he seems to have done? Better training methods? Better coaching? Better tactics? Better luck?

35 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Not a lot of people are privy to the information that his daughter/wife was unwell.

Neither was I . The people I'm talking about don't actually give a shit , unless it suits their own , twisted agendas

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thanks for reply. I had somehow missed that but gathered it was something serious from Soonbe10's reply. Hope things are better for him.

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Whats she actually said about players leaving?

Did she not make critical comments on Twitter regarding the way Whelan was released?
I don’t use Twitter myself so only going by what I have seen reported on JKB , maybe I have missed where someone has showed that to be BS? If not, I would still say anything stronger than “best of luck for the future Wheels” is not the best of ideas. 

Willie Hamilton genius

Agree with some of this.

However, it's been pointed out also that she has no input into games, so there should be no problem in her having holidays during the season.

Your point about yourself being away and someone under you needs to cover is fair enough in theory, but I'm imagining myself in a new job in Germany, being harangued by press, and not knowing who I can possibly trust, including the people still working there who are the reason for me being brought in in the first place.

THEN I think I would like my boss to be around for advice and support.

From a bosses point of view i'd like to be there to see how my employee of a few weeks was coping under stress while doing 2 or 3 people's jobs on top of his own!

27 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Lets look at the facts.

It's the winter break

The spirit was good in the camp because Levein and co let the standards drop so much over time, no wonder some players might not be chuffed at having to work so hard, they haven’t been use to it for ages now, I always noticed on the Instagram stories from training folk laughing and kicking about, thanks god the Levein a holiday camp is now shut. Stendal and co will raise the standards and the professionalism around the whole club hopefully. 

I think his point was that the same posters are inconsistent with their points of view. 

Name and shame then, otherwise it's just the usual vague nonsense and fake amazement while trying to somehow establish a prevailing view when there isn't one.

Just now, Jarhead said:

Did she not make critical comments on Twitter regarding the way Whelan was released?
I don’t use Twitter myself so only going by what I have seen reported on JKB , maybe I have missed where someone has showed that to be BS? If not, I would still say anything stronger than “best of luck for the future Wheels” is not the best of ideas. 

Don't see anything suggesting that on her twitter. Where was it reported on here?

The story here isn't that Stendel is creating separate groups of players.  The story is that he feels it is necessary.  Absolutely damning on the previous incumbents.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% agree. 

She needs to back Stendel financially now. 

He's got his am in. 

He's been backed in regards to Berra, Whelan, Keena, Doyle ect. 

He's got admin back up with Macphee doing the legwork. 

Folk venting thier anger / frustration are missing the biggest issue in regards to transfers for us. 

It's January which is hard anyway for instant transfers and we're bottom of the league. 

We're competing it seems against the likes of Sunderland and Aberdeen, both are more appealing for different reasons right now. 

Hopefully Stendel can pull a few rabbits out of the hat from Germany as it's unlikely teams in our market will be clued up with players over there. 

We don't need statements or updates and Ann can take a ****ing holiday during the January.... Break. 

Some nutter posts on here that they heard Sunderland want to off load Will Grigg. We get three pages of people saying “get him in” three pages of people saying “he’s no good enough”, 3 pages of people arguing about the pitch, Levein and Gary McKays column. “Why no statement” 😂😂

The January transfer window is nuts at the best of times. Add in the fact that this place is in over drive mentalness, it makes for what we see. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Some nutter posts on here that they heard Sunderland want to off load Will Grigg. We get three pages of people saying “get him in” three pages of people saying “he’s no good enough”, 3 pages of people arguing about the pitch, Levein and Gary McKays column. “Why no statement” 😂😂

The January transfer window is nuts at the best of times. Add in the fact that this place is in over drive mentalness, it makes for what we see. 

Will Grigg you say. 

I'd take him... 😂😂😂

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Haken said:

The story here isn't that Stendel is creating separate groups of players.  The story is that he feels it is necessary.  Absolutely damning on the previous incumbents.

Indeed.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Haken said:

It maybe a story but really nothing to do with a transfer thread tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Haken said:

Don't necessarily agree but not going to argue . What definitely had to be worked on was the mindset of a losing team .

Stendel seems to be using some basic psychology to do that . Simple but , hopefully , effective

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I'm really not sure what you're saying Jamhammer.

What do you think has been the problem. What is it about Stendel that's going to make the difference?

Is it dividing the squad as he seems to have done? Better training methods? Better coaching? Better tactics? Better luck?

I was quoting you saying separating the first team from the reserves would be good for team spirit. I believe it will. The first team should be something that you aspire to as a youngster. I want to sit there. I want to train with them. I want to be part of that. I have to work hard and impress to get there.

What do I think has been the problem?

1. In short too many cooks. Too many coaches running about with clip boards with no-one asking, "What are they actually doing"? We'd become a training school

2. A lackadaisical approach to training which has led to us looking unfit and unfocused

3. Poor scouting leading to a hit and miss signing policy much more leading towards the miss side of things.

4. Medical treatment. Players returning too soon/being risked. I understand that, at times needs must but Berra was ruined by being played when unfit. This may have been down to him wanting to get back in to help the team but that's not the point. He wasn't fit and should not have been played. Our injury situation is the worst I have ever seen in near 50 years of watching football. 

A CEO who put too much faith in one person giving them too much power and not holding them accountable for failure until we were in our current state.

I believe Stendel should and will address all of the above. He's getting rid of players most supporters agree need to be got rid of.

Better/fresher training methods.

Better medical treatment

Less coaches leading to a singular approach to training

Better football/tactics, (Already evident). Try to win games rather than not lose them.

We need a couple of players at least this window but I'm looking forward to games again which I wasn't before CL was punted

Daly said Haring was a long way off a return. 

If Naismith isn't fit by now he's obviously a busted flush.

The one bright spark will hopefully be Connor Washington.

Souttar ?

15 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Agree with some of this.

However, it's been pointed out also that she has no input into games, so there should be no problem in her having holidays during the season.

Your point about yourself being away and someone under you needs to cover is fair enough in theory, but I'm imagining myself in a new job in Germany, being harangued by press, and not knowing who I can possibly trust, including the people still working there who are the reason for me being brought in in the first place.

THEN I think I would like my boss to be around for advice and support.

From a bosses point of view i'd like to be there to see how my employee of a few weeks was coping under stress while doing 2 or 3 people's jobs on top of his own!

I get where your coming from but she didn't leave on the day he arrived. He's been here a few weeks. They've had plenty of time to establish who does what and what he wants. He was away himself for a couple of days, again causing wailing and gnashing of teeth on here. A week off is being used as a stick to beat the woman with IMO by a lot of folk who seem to spend their time looking for issues. 

She has, quite rightly been pulled up for a lot of stuff this season, Taking a week off shouldn't be one of them IMO. DS has has the break to change things and it looks like he's doing it. The only apparent source for this "Immediate action" stuff is a poster on here. I don't see what her not being here physically accomplishes when DS is beasting the team by all accounts and getting them ready for Saturday and and trying to bring in new players