The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not if it’s two one nil victories it won’t, but I think we will be ok.

You are right as long as they lose their 2 games 1-0 as well.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

20 hours ago, Prof said:

I didn’t say Hearts were a global business. The point I was trying to make and it’s not difficult to understand, is that any business can operate efficiently regardless of where people are based. AB is CEO and not the team manager or involved in picking players to sign. I fail to see why people can’t understand that DS can call her wherever she happens to be and ask a simple question - Can we afford to sign this player. He isn’t asking her to deliver a personal opinion on what she thinks of a player. That’s his job.

As highlighted by DS today saying the club have been working tirelessly to get players in. Everyone is obvs on the same page and doong whats needed of them no matter where they are.  

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, graygo said:

You are right as long as they lose their 2 games 1-0 as well.

It’s all semantics really, goal scoring has been a problem for both teams so far. Hopefully it won’t be a problem.

new striker in time for Saturday but no registered in time...the question is who drops out or do we play Washington Naismith and new signing in a front three

4 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

new striker in time for Saturday but no registered in time...the question is who drops out or do we play Washington Naismith and new signing in a front three

ITK or just guessing mate? 

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought Levein and Macphee were cultivating a relationship with Man City, a GK and striker from them would be nice. Or the Stoke rumours, nothing heard from that either. 

One of the Stoke players signed for Getafe. STV said we can't afford Liam Lindsay wages which would also mean we cant afford Diouf's wages. Thought we mightve cancelled Pereiras loan deal and got the keeper from Stoke in. Maybe Stendel is happy with Pereira? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

One of the Stoke players signed for Getafe. STV said we can't afford Liam Lindsay wages which would also mean we cant afford Diouf's wages. Thought we mightve cancelled Pereiras loan deal and got the keeper from Stoke in. Maybe Stendel is happy with Pereira? 

No way we could get close to the wages of a player at Stoke 

31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Did I say relegation contenders St Mirren have signed 3 players?

Would you want any of them at Hearts?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

I doubt if he’s happy with him, he plays too deep on his six yard line, he needs to be further forward. 
All the Stoke players would require them to pay the bulk of their salary if they were to come here, Lindsay also seems to be playing every week so is unlikely to be allowed to leave. It would be good to get someone in before Saturday to boost fans, players and ticket sales.

Pasquale for King

Maybe CL could ask Crawford to take someone off our hands when he earns a few quid at this.

9DCDCF30-D4FB-4F16-B585-B099D4017005.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe CL could ask Crawford to take someone off our hands when he earns a few quid at this.

Who the **** would want to go to that? :rofl:

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Would you want any of them at Hearts?

Well said

You have to ask why people are so desperate to sign anyone and everyone....I thought we were all agreed that's why we are in a mess due to poor transfer dealings..but some just can't help themselves

Clough was just on Sky Sports discussing Boyce. He’s starting tonight. It sounded like bids were made and would sell at the right price although sounded like they wanted to keep him so wouldn’t be cheap.

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well said

You have to ask why people are so desperate to sign anyone and everyone....I thought we were all agreed that's why we are in a mess due to poor transfer dealings..but some just can't help themselves

If any of the players St Mirren have signed signed for us then people would be salivating, guessing DS knows a player and the signing will be brilliant without doing absolutely any background checks.   Personally I feel we need players to hit the ground running, no point in signing guys who have been subs for months or kicking about the reserves anywhere because we haven’t got time for them to get up to speed.  Kennedy for this reason would be an ideal signing. 

Edited by Last Laff

28 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

So it's Tuesday and you're telling us were going to sign a striker on Saturday but not until the afternoon? :lol:

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

i wouldn’t  be risking naisy against Airdrie in the cup.. 20 mins off the bench at best

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Limited spaces, £40-£55 or £115 I think it said 🙈😆.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Spoleto is going along to see his hero again...

Probably, Hibs are away that weekend 😜

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Mort said:

Clough was just on Sky Sports discussing Boyce. He’s starting tonight. It sounded like bids were made and would sell at the right price although sounded like they wanted to keep him so wouldn’t be cheap.

Just watched that. They will have a dynamic price,  as the day's go by the price will reduce. 2 weeks to go, they won't feel they have to grasp at the first bid

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not thinking about this properly. 

What an opportunity for a heckle 

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

might go to that

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not thinking about this properly. 

What an opportunity for a heckle 

good point.

see you all there (apart from the usual suspects)

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Awkward when he appears on stage to a sea of stony faced jambos will lots of questions. 

First question, How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

All jokes aside. Levein is a proper football man and his knowledge of the game is second to none. He’s also an absolute gent. I hated him as manager and hate his style of play etc but hold no ill will towards him. 

kingantti1874
Just now, busby1985 said:

All jokes aside. Levein is a proper football man and his knowledge of the game is second to none. He’s also an absolute gent. I hated him as manager and hate his style of play etc but hold no ill will towards him. 

in regards to a lot of our players he doesn’t seem to know much..

joking apart, I’d have said the same.. he could have left a hero in the summer.. he clung on too long and has continued to do so

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

joking apart, I’d have said the same.. he could have left a hero in the summer.. he clung on too long and has continued to do so

To be fair to him his intentions were good, pretty sure he never set out to see us where we are.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, graygo said:

To be fair to him his intentions were good, pretty sure he never set out to see us where we are.

Of course.. genuinely hope in time he will be forgiven.. I genuinely think he should move on now, if we go down and he’s still here it will be very hard

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Of course.. genuinely hope in time he will be forgiven.. I genuinely think he should move on now, if we go down and he’s still here it will be very hard

The very thought sends a shiver through my spine, he must be bricking it.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No disputing he ****ed up with us. You are right with the timing part as well but that’s all hindsight. 

59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How’s he got time for that? With showing potential players around the place, sorting out the medical department and I’m assuming this event is in the afternoon??

The guy gets everywhere.......

😁

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Pagey said:

How’s he got time for that? With showing potential players around the place, sorting out the medical department and I’m assuming this event is in the afternoon??

The guy gets everywhere.......

😁

Give it a couple of days, or a couple more injuries, and the medical department will be nothing to do with him.

Jambof3tornado
51 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

So it's Tuesday and you're telling us were going to sign a striker on Saturday but not until the afternoon? :lol:

Why does anyone need to drop out if the new striker isnt registered in time too??

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Are you serious? He’s left us in a total mess at the bottom of league, wasted millions, and has few friends in football either. A charlatan only interested in himself and money, and in his opinion utterly blameless for anything.

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, OTT said:

Awkward when he appears on stage to a sea of stony faced jambos will lots of questions. 

First question, How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

That would be well worth it.

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you serious? He’s left us in a total mess at the bottom of league, wasted millions, and has few friends in football either. A charlatan only interested in himself and money, and in his opinion utterly blameless for anything.

Bang on the money

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cole Stockton just scored for Morecombe, was it a Wise decision to get rid of him?

I’ll get ma coat.

Noticed that, had to check to see if he scored their first tonight as well. 

But he didn’t! 

16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why does anyone need to drop out if the new striker isnt registered in time too??

My point is who will drop out going forward. I assume Uche will still be here so likely to be on the bench. We have Meshino as well so looks like a good bench now