The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Another Robbo

I'm starting to think we need two threads - one for transfer target speculation and one for speculation about how we conduct our transfer business...

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, Jamos86 said:

‘Through their bleating and their astonishing lack of self-awareness these three may have shown why Hearts are in such a hole right now, five points adrift at the bottom of the Scottish Premiership with two wins from 21 league games this season and only six wins from 38 league games in all of 2019.‘

ooft! Well said sir. Good article (about Hearts) for once!

Edited by Rogue Daddy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

So if I were to ask the question before the starts of this window - Where would you prefer Ann Budge to be at the beginning of the transfer window? - your answer would’ve been on holiday. You actually think that’s the best place for her to be at this point in a window that could go a long way to deciding if we stay up or not? 

I don’t care where she is. You may as well be asking where the cook for the nursery is. I honestly don’t know how you don’t understand this. With regards to transfers, Budge can do her job anywhere in the world. It’s either she has someone in Edinburgh who can sign on the dotted line for her, Stendel doesn’t need someone else’s approval, or she can approve a transfer over this thing called a “Telephone”. Google “Apple” and “Samsung”, if you haven’t heard of them. 

Just now, Dayman said:

I don’t care where she is. You may as well be asking where the cook for the nursery is. I honestly don’t know how you don’t understand this. With regards to transfers, Budge can do her job anywhere in the world. It’s either she has someone in Edinburgh who can sign on the dotted line for her, Stendel doesn’t need someone else’s approval, or she can approve a transfer over this thing called a “Telephone”. Google “Apple” and “Samsung”, if you haven’t heard of them. 

I understand the importance of the boss being around during critical times. I fully accept she can authorise things remotely but I don’t think it’s ideal. There’s absolutely no need to point out that telephones exist btw. 

if you think the physical absence of DS direct boss is no big deal then I couldn’t disagree more. 

I understand the importance of the boss being around during critical times. I fully accept she can authorise things remotely but I don’t think it’s ideal. There’s absolutely no need to point out that telephones exist btw. 

if you think the physical absence of DS direct boss is no big deal then I couldn’t disagree more. 

Apparently there is though. 

Explain what benefit having Budge nearby would have? I’m excited to hear this 🥴

Odds on any transfer in this week? No rumblings today. Even if rumblings happen tomorrow it’ll be 2-3 days of negotiations etc and any decision may not be this week.

Is the Kennedy rumour a real rumble? Any credence to it? Got a feeling it’s gonna be a long week transfer wise. (That’s a feeling before anyone tries to tell me I’m talking as if it’s fact)

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Odds on any transfer in this week? No rumblings today. Even if rumblings happen tomorrow it’ll be 2-3 days of negotiations etc and any decision may not be this week.

Is the Kennedy rumour a real rumble? Any credence to it? Got a feeling it’s gonna be a long week transfer wise. (That’s a feeling before anyone tries to tell me I’m talking as if it’s fact)

Tommy Wright has said we have alerted him we plan to speak to kennedy

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Sunderland are trying to get rid of Will Grigg and Salford and Swindon are interested in a loan.

I wonder if he's another we might try.

Good for the song book, shite player 

12 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Apparently there is though. 

Explain what benefit having Budge nearby would have? I’m excited to hear this 🥴

It’s like asking why any modern MD or Chief Exec ever comes into work these days. They do because they lead. Maybe you could explain why they are all doing it wrong and Ann Budge is doing it right ?

50 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Is Levein in charge whilst Budge is away? 

Would not surprise me in the least..  utter shambles

It’s like asking why any modern MD or Chief Exec ever comes into work these days. They do because they lead. Maybe you could explain why they are all doing it wrong and Ann Budge is doing it right ?

Our version of the MD is the sport in be director. Don’t worry, Levein has been spotted at Oriam. No doubt he’ll force signings on poor stendel.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What does he need her around for?

Serious question 

Just now, Dayman said:

Our version of the MD is the sport in be director. Don’t worry, Levein has been spotted at Oriam. No doubt he’ll force signings on poor stendel.  

We don’t have a sporting Director. Daniel is answerable directly to Ann. A woman who has ****** off on holiday at a critical time and you can’t work out the problem with that cos she’s got a mobile phone ?

24 minutes ago, Dayman said:

You are not getting it.Scott Morrison the Australian Prime Minister had the same mentality when he was on holiday as the bush fires raged.He has since apologised.

Stendel and the club need a leader who is physically present at this moment of crisis.Ann Budge has shown poor judgement not for the first time.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

What does he need her around for?

Serious question 

I feel strongly, through personal experience, that leaders of companies should be around at critical times. He has nobody at Director level he can just grab a face to face chat with. A phone call is just not the same.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I feel strongly, through personal experience, that leaders of companies should be around at critical times. He has nobody at Director level he can just grab a face to face chat with. A phone call is just not the same.

Absolutely agree.

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Your silly wee emoji indicated that both had been emptied which isn’t the case....you were wrong.

Yeah best to stick to your own interpretation of an emoji rather than the actual words I used :rofl:

Willie Hamilton genius
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I ran a business for nearly 50 years.

If there was a period of crisis, or uncertainty there was no way I would be away on holiday.

I normally support Mrs Budge, but in this instance I think being away is a serious error.

Perhaps she is mistaking some within the club , or two recently departed, with mature self aware people

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

If there was a period of crisis, or uncertainty there was no way I would be away on holiday.

I normally support Mrs Budge, but in this instance I think being away is a serious error.

Perhaps she is mistaking some within the club , or two recently departed, with mature self aware people

She doesn’t care about the football mate so the transfer window will mean nothing to her.

Just now, Willie Hamilton genius said:

I’m a partner in a business as well mate and had senior positions for decades before that. When the chips are down you show face, reassure, listen to people’s concerns, kick arse, work late, do tasks you normally wouldn’t to show leadership, to show solidarity. You don’t just **** of on holiday. 

8 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yeah best to stick to your own interpretation of an emoji rather than the actual words I used :rofl:

Can you explain what you meant by your waving goodbye emoji then?

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She doesn’t care about the football mate so the transfer window will mean nothing to her.

Are you ibshit? 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We can all be frustrated but good god, really????

5 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m a partner in a business as well mate and had senior positions for decades before that. When the chips are down you show face, reassure, listen to people’s concerns, kick arse, work late, do tasks you normally wouldn’t to show leadership, to show solidarity. You don’t just **** of on holiday. 

I agree. To me it's irrelevant that she can conduct business whilst abroad. IMO she should be showing Stendel that she is supporting him, taking this situation seriously and showing real leadership. 

25 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

You are not getting it.Scott Morrison the Australian Prime Minister had the same mentality when he was on holiday as the bush fires raged.He has since apologised.

Stendel and the club need a leader who is physically present at this moment of crisis.Ann Budge has shown poor judgement not for the first time.

Yes cos signing a couple of football players is the same as folks houses burning down and people dying. Jeez. Half of the folk on here want her to GTF and the other half are demanding she never goes anywhere. Why does she physically need to be present when her "employees" who, allegedly know a lot more about football than she does should be perfectly capable of conducting any business that needs to be done.

If there is an issue with them then I understand the need for her to resolve same and agree that should be done in person.

We're in a bad position and things need to be done but at the same time,   she's a woman of advanced years who works pretty long hours and has a stressful job on her hands.    It's probably a good idea for her to get a break away from it.     There's a decent case for that being while we're not playing.     It would not surprise me at all if family members insisted upon it.     

She's back soon.

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Some great business terms there. Overall your post is 1920’s not 2020’s. How do you think global businesses run? 

3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Some great business terms there. Overall your post is 1920’s not 2020’s. How do you think global businesses run? 

Ann doesn’t run a global company mates it’s completely irrelevant. Though if you think everything can be done over the phone you’ve got to ask why she bothers coming to work at all🤷‍♂️

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

90 page's of this January Transfer Window Super Thread and still waiting on a signing 

In fairness about 75 pages of it nout to do with transfers

49 minutes ago, bazman said:

Tommy Wright has said we have alerted him we plan to speak to kennedy

Well we can speak to him about the summer all we want, but as far as a transfer this window we’re not allowed to officially discuss until a valuation is met I would imagine.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Ann doesn’t run a global company mates it’s completely irrelevant. Though if you think everything can be done over the phone you’ve got to ask why she bothers coming to work at all🤷‍♂️

Ever heard of Skype? The point I was making is you don’t need to be sitting in the same city to listen to others to make decisions.

2 minutes ago, bazman said:

In fairness about 75 pages of it nout to do with transfers

neither has 90 pages..(so far) 😂

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

Nobody is saying your lady cant take holidays.At this point in time the club is in crisis and in danger and a new man trying to turn things around.Ann Budge should be present,at the helm.Its basic leadership.

She was accused of being a Control freak just last week!

This place😭😭😭😭

Stendel has final say and approval of signings. 

MacPhee works on players and deals. 

CL is trying to get rid of some. 

Stendel has his am in

Wtf has Ann Budge to do with this process?

If she was involved in transfers everyone would be slaver bombing all over the place. 

Couple of weeks to go but disappointed we haven’t managed to get any deals done so far. We need any new signing to hit the ground running and would have been better for them to have time in training with the squad whilst we don’t have games. Biggest transfer window for us in years and only a small amount of time left to get it right. Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Ever heard of Skype? The point I was making is you don’t need to be sitting in the same city to listen to others to make decisions.

I’ve already answered that earlier. I’m completely familiar with all popular modes of modern communication. If Ann can do her job entirely remotely, which technically I have no argument with, why does she ever come in to work?

Edited by GinRummy

11 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Right back to incomings

Any news 

If there was I’m sure all this tripe that’s being discussed would be by the wayside. The fact gibberish is being spouted for pages and pages shows there’s no news on the transfer front. (Not doubting JKB’s credentials at taking threads by the wayside mind you) 

Just now, Hearts007 said:

Didnt see Romanov at tynie every transfer window

You think people wouldn’t be critical of Romanov, given the exact set of circumstances. Really?