Has Stendel lost the dressing room?

Satchmo

51 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

Jack Ross has some good footballers at his disposal there.  

I struggle to name more than 2 in our squad.

Boyle is decent but I wouldn’t be rushing to sign any players from the shite. The point being he has came in and made them better with the same players. I back Stendel but it is a little concerning we appear to have had no bounce from his appointment and we arguably look worse. I’m fully aware he needs time and players but he’s already trotting out the injured players excuses that Levein was rightly slaughtered for. 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• kingantti1874

• Jambo-Fox

• Enzo Chiefo

1 hour ago, ScoPo said:

Jack Ross has some good footballers at his disposal there.  

I struggle to name more than 2 in our squad.

Boyle is decent and actually uses his pace, unlike the imposter mulraney, boyle and michael stewarts boyfriend would be the only two i would take from that hibs team.

1 minute ago, gordiegords said:

Boyle is decent and actually uses his pace, unlike the imposter mulraney, boyle and michael stewarts boyfriend would be the only two i would take from that hibs team.

The keeper is better than any of ours. Seriously, a Hibs keeper. It’s depressing 

Allowayjambo1874
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Stendel is out of his depth, he does not have the necessary experience to manage a club like Hearts. It was a mistake to appoint him and it’s best to admit that now before the damage is beyond repair.

It’s mental that you are all for Levein after his three years of absolute dross football, signings and rhetoric and want Stendel out after a month when he’s not been able to so much as sign a player. 

1 minute ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

It’s mental that you are all for Levein after his three years of absolute dross football, signings and rhetoric and want Stendel out after a month when he’s not been able to so much as sign a player. 

Agreed. I think appointing Daniel was a mistake (mid-season as it was), but now it's done, it's done. We have to support him to the hilt.

15 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

He should never have been allowed in!

Stendel  deserves to be given time - we all know he's inherited an absolute shambles.

But leaving that to one side, if there were any truth in the suggestion that he's 'lost the dressing room' it would suggest that as well as being pretty hopeless, the players are also incredibly arrogant. Given how badly they're doing their own jobs, they have absolutely no right to be questioning the manager, fans or anyone else. 

Allowayjambo1874
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

On the basis of the great job CL was doing? 

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Seen a few of your posts on the forum slating Stendel and leaning towards Craig Levein. 
Whats your agenda mate? Why are you not giving DS a chance and why are you so pro CL?

I dont get it. 

37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Becuase as he has already demonstrated he wants to play the right way, was very popular with Barnsley fans, has a better win % than any of the other managers we were linked with..

not his fault we’ve employed him with 2 hands tied behind his back 

Oh dear if that’s the best you can come up with it’s not very convincing!

He wants to play the right way, obviously lacks judgment - does he not realise winning is more important!

Popularity does not win prizes nor is it an indication of a good manager in any

walk of life!

Better win rate ..... I hope you are correct, not seen any signs of that so far!

Two hands tied behind his back ... interesting ..... 

Thanks for replying I realise it not an easy thing to do. We will have to agree to disagree!

1 minute ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

On the basis of the great job CL was doing? 

I don’t agree with that! The decision to dismiss someone and who to appoint are entirely unconnected events!

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seen a few of your posts on the forum slating Stendel and leaning towards Craig Levein. 
Whats your agenda mate? Why are you not giving DS a chance and why are you so pro CL?

I dont get it. 

That's because he is Craig Levein 

Allowayjambo1874
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I don’t agree with that! The decision to dismiss someone and who to appoint are entirely unconnected events!

You seem very anti Stendel when most people want to at least give him a fair crack of the whip.

Can I ask what candidate you think we should have brought in? 

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I dont get it. 

Craig Levein is irrelevant, he’s gone get over it!

I want every Hearts manager to succeed, however making the correct appointment is critical. This appointment feels like a square peg in a round hole.

I’m seriously concerned at how our great club is in a downward spiral. There is no unity anywhere, amongst the supporters, between players & fans, fans & boardroom, players and manager, fans and manager, it’s all a total mess and something needs to be done about it before this season and worst case scenario the next decade ends in disaster!

I'm backing Stendel over the rubbish brought in by Levein and MacPhee.

But given the perilous situation left by Levein the situation could have been tailor made for Paulo Sergio to galvanise the dressing room.  The players are both poor and severely lacking in confidence.  I would have backed Paulo and Gary Locke to work on that confidence issue.

Stendel has asked the players to do a job which looks well beyond them

I am much more prepared to give Stendel a chance than those players who have been given repeated chances to show they are not up to representing the club.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Oh dear if that’s the best you can come up with it’s not very convincing!

He wants to play the right way, obviously lacks judgment - does he not realise winning is more important!

Popularity does not win prizes nor is it an indication of a good manager in any

walk of life!

Better win rate ..... I hope you are correct, not seen any signs of that so far!

Two hands tied behind his back ... interesting ..... 

Thanks for replying I realise it not an easy thing to do. We will have to agree to disagree!

so keeping that ****ing weirdo levein around and all his little drones and not bringing in his assistants is supporting him? **** Craig levein.. **** anyone defending the *****

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Who would you have preferred? You seem to have a weird dislike for DS.

It doesn't matter who we got in at this point, the players are absolutely gash and have clearly not been trained or coached well. I'd take someone from outside Scottish football over McCann, McCall or Robinson any day. One of the clear problems is that he has come in on his own. When does that ever happen? The whole dynamic at our club is a shambles.

DS has come in, see through some of the chancers already and is clearly wanting to make changes. Some players seem to be in a huff, probably still have Levein in their ear. The place needs ripped apart with the locks changed so CL can't get anywhere near the squad. He has royally fecked us, I supported up until he left. My faith was clearly misjudged. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

so keeping that ****ing weirdo levein around and all his little drones and not bringing in his assistants is supporting him? **** Craig levein.. **** anyone defending the *****

Craig Levein is history, he’s gone, get over it!

There is a new manager in place now, back him or sack him ...... it’s the latter for

me!

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

There is a new manager in place now, back him or sack him ...... it’s the latter for

me!

Sacked after 4 games? We can't even properly sack Levein after 2 years of dug shite

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Who would you have preferred? You seem to have a weird dislike for DS.

It doesn't matter who we got in at this point, the players are absolutely gash and have clearly not been trained or coached well. I'd take someone from outside Scottish football over McCann, McCall or Robinson any day. One of the clear problems is that he has come in on his own. When does that ever happen? The whole dynamic at our club is a shambles.

DS has come in, see through some of the chancers already and is clearly wanting to make changes. Some players seem to be in a huff, probably still have Levein in their ear. The place needs ripped apart with the locks changed so CL can't get anywhere near the squad. He has royally fecked us, I supported up until he left. My faith was clearly misjudged. 

That’s not a question that I or indeed anyone is in a position to answer.

I do not dislike DS, I’m sure he is a very nice person and wish him well for the future. Sadly he’s found himself in a situation where it seems he is out of his depth. That is partly his fault for taking the job but also the fault of those that appointed him!

42 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think our squad are still at the sussing him out stage. 

I would prefer they sussed out how to win football games first!!

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

me!

what utter mince (i'm being polite) Levein will be history when he is no longer connected to Ann's apron strings and has the right to enter the Academy wondering the corridors taken away. No more jobs for Ann's favourite son please. Now so someone thinks DS has lost the dressing room well i'm afraid the players have been lost to our support and if they don't like our new manager instead of bleating about it they should roll their sleeves up and do what DS wants or ship out. in fact out of the team that played Hibs i'd only keep 2 players Smith and because of his age and potential Hickey. FOH have been left a pig in a poke with these players and i think the vast majority of our support now realise this.

32 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I dont get it. 

Yeah, was thinking the same.

Stendel never had the dressing room to start with. The resistance was obvious from day one. If left to this group of players the next manage will face the same. Phase the players out as quickly as is possible and get him his coaches to help him try and sort these heartless cowards out.

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I do not dislike DS, I’m sure he is a very nice person and wish him well for the future. Sadly he’s found himself in a situation where it seems he is out of his depth. That is partly his fault for taking the job but also the fault of those that appointed him!

He’s out of his depth after a fortnight? 
Like JJ was out of his depth into October 1995, when we were tumbling down the league after losing at Falkirk? He took over months before, but took a while to clear out the losers. Then got us to the Scottish Cup final, that season, and won it 2 years later.

Like the same JJ who was manager when we lost the “millennium derby” 0-3 at Tynecastle and 2-6 at Easter Road? Who then came back and gave us another very good season. Was he “out of his depth” too?

Give the man a chance. 

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Oh you of little faith. Time for you to GET REAL. Many of these players are being found out by DS and you are just not seeing what DS is showing the players who have been getting away with going through the motions for too long. Cushy Time under the Levein Boot Room is over can't you get that Jambo -Fox.

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

me!

This is my last interaction on this subject

you want him sacked after 4 games, with no coaching staff hired to help and not one player he has identified

in the team with no fit strikers with any ability and 3 bombscare keepers.  Frankly that would probably be the most disgraceful thing this club has done in my lifetime.. 

The actual problem is lack of leadership from Ann budge and the continued presence of levein, Murray, McPhee and Daly and sadly the ongoing presence of that howling squad they have assembled.. get the baby out with the bathwater

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Becuase as he has already demonstrated he wants to play the right way, was very popular with Barnsley fans, has a better win % than any of the other managers we were linked with..

not his fault we’ve employed him with 2 hands tied behind his back 

There's no question that Craig Levein is wholly responsible for the current cluster **** of a situation that the club currently finds itself. It's almost criminal what's gone on since Robbie Neilson left for Milton Keynes. 

Daniel Stendel has the potential to be a very decent manager but at the moment the jury is very much out. 

I get the factors going on behind the scenes won't be helpful but I certainly expected a whole lot better in the past 4 games than we've shown so far. I personally believe a more experienced manager would have handled the backroom situation in the meantime and managed to get a few points on the board. 

I'm praying he gets what he wants assistant wise before the shutdown and he can use January to try and get the players he needs and drill the squad to his way of thinking. 

We need a miracle between now and May and I hope DS is the man to provide it but I am having serious doubts. 

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you want him sacked after 4 games, with no coaching staff hired to help and not one player he has identified

in the team with no fit strikers with any ability and 3 bombscare keepers.  Frankly that would probably be the most disgraceful thing this club has done in my lifetime.. 

The actual problem is lack of leadership from Ann budge and the continued presence of levein, Murray, McPhee and Daly and sadly the ongoing presence of that howling squad they have assembled.. get the baby out with the bathwater

Amen.

What a pile of shit you post.

you must be related to a few other posters on this board.

16 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What a pile of shit you post.

you must be related to a few other posters on this board.

Thanks for the feedback, at least you try, not much else to say about such a post!

45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good! I hope you honour that!

21 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks for the feedback, at least you try, not much else to say about such a post!

File it alongside yours then 

me!

You want the new guy sacked already?

Intriguing how many of the Levein fan boys are willing Stendel to fail. You are about as Hearts as Levein is. 

Edited by Jodami

On 26/12/2019 at 15:28, Satchmo said:

Getting worried the man has lost the dressing room already. Whelan, Mulraney and his criticism of Berra and other senior players in the press. Granted these huddies deserve all the criticism directed at them, but if you need them to play and they have downed tools, we’re in deep shit.

Really ..This is the Original post above and what nonsense .

We are in a mess and the guys just in the door with fresh eyes,He,s seeing what a lot of fans and pundits have for the last two seasons . A squad of players with limited ability but big wage packets .

We are in a mess due to Anne Budges failure as a chairman to lead our club without letting personal loyalties get in the way ..

He's 100% correct in calling out some of the players we have on our books , If it upsets them then it,s just another example of how soft they are . 

GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE TO SORT IT !! four games in and this roaster is asking the above question .. Have a word with yourself... 

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Craig Levein is irrelevant, he’s gone get over it!

I want every Hearts manager to succeed, however making the correct appointment is critical. This appointment feels like a square peg in a round hole.

I’m seriously concerned at how our great club is in a downward spiral. There is no unity anywhere, amongst the supporters, between players & fans, fans & boardroom, players and manager, fans and manager, it’s all a total mess and something needs to be done about it before this season and worst case scenario the next decade ends in disaster!

We are all concerned but surely you can see that this squad is not going to be able to fight off relegation. The same squad that regularly gets pumped by Livingston etc.

Stendel has had zero input on that and hes tried to make changes with the staff he has available but in truth, 80+% of the squad are either shit or cannot motivate themselves. The squad has been shit for well over a year now.
We need to back Stendel until he has his own team and a few of his own chosen players bedded in. 
Yes he’s not made a great start but you only have to compare a CL style of game to a DS style and see he is at least trying to get them to have a go at playing football. 

I think he will come good given The support and financial backing from Budge. His team arriving (if it happens) would be a huge help.

59 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

We are all concerned but surely you can see that this squad is not going to be able to fight off relegation. The same squad that regularly gets pumped by Livingston etc.

Stendel has had zero input on that and hes tried to make changes with the staff he has available but in truth, 80+% of the squad are either shit or cannot motivate themselves. The squad has been shit for well over a year now.
We need to back Stendel until he has his own team and a few of his own chosen players bedded in. 
Yes he’s not made a great start but you only have to compare a CL style of game to a DS style and see he is at least trying to get them to have a go at playing football. 

I think he will come good given The support and financial backing from Budge. His team arriving (if it happens) would be a huge help.

Realistically there will not be a massive change in the squad in January. It would take him most most likely 3+ transfer windows to completely transform this squad. With the squad we have we will either stay up or go down but .....

...... If a Jim Jeffries / Garry Locke combo were in charge of this squad it would be good enough to stay up!

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

You want the new guy sacked already?

I’d have a review at the end of his probationary period!