Has Stendel lost the dressing room?

Satchmo

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Folk said the same thing when Kris Boyd said Cathro would be a disaster ... he was proven correct quite quickly. I’ll either be correct or my concerns will be proven wrong. I will still be there on Sunday and at  the Airdrie cup game. What I write won’t effect Stendel or the team, just seems to upset some on here. The only comparison that can be made is game for game, thus far. Out of interest which coaches did Levein hand pick for himself as coaches?

So we sack Stendel and bring in? 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• kingantti1874

• Jambo-Fox

• Enzo Chiefo

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Folk said the same thing when Kris Boyd said Cathro would be a disaster ... he was proven correct quite quickly. I’ll either be correct or my concerns will be proven wrong. I will still be there on Sunday and at  the Airdrie cup game. What I write won’t effect Stendel or the team, just seems to upset some on here. The only comparison that can be made is game for game, thus far. Out of interest which coaches did Levein hand pick for himself as coaches?

Yet Cathro had a better record than Levein had this season....and that was after 2 seasons of mediocrity where we finished behind Hibs and Killie, despite signing about 30 players.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s a really difficult situation now. I think Stendel would have been ideal to come in during the summer. I haven’t actually said we should sack stendel right now, just questioned when we would have to act and whether or not it’s prudent to rip the whole squad apart during the January window.

Allowayjambo1874
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Good grief are you seriously saying Levein has not hand picked every single member of the coaching staff since budge took over? 

1 minute ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Good grief are you seriously saying Levein has not hand picked every single member of the coaching staff since budge took over? 

Robbie picked Stevie Crawford did he not? Did Cathro bring in MacPhee?

Allowayjambo1874
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Robbie picked Stevie Crawford did he not? Did Cathro bring in MacPhee?

No in both cases CL brought them together, I don’t think MacPhee had even met Cathro until we brought them together

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yet Cathro had a better record than Levein had this season....and that was after 2 seasons of mediocrity where we finished behind Hibs and Killie, despite signing about 30 players.

We play in three different competitions though. A point that is conveniently forgotten with alarming regularity on here!

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Out of interest do you think we have shown more attacking intent under Stendel than we did under CL? Have we created more? Have we tried to win games?

Re your coaches question, as DOF from the off I’d suggest all of them and I’d really like to know what they contribute 

24 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

There could be something in the timing of an appointment such as Stendel's that sums up the confusion at Hearts. And shouldn't come as a surprise. It could be argued as a 'trying to run before you can walk' appointment instead of one just to ensure survival ( a more pragmatic appointment of an available management 'team' might have been better at least until the summer or after 18 months).

He has come without his backroom staff to a rudderless squad with little quality (created entirely by Levein and MacPhee). 

I feel Hearts might ultimately pay the price of the heirarchy's hubris (Levein is STILL instrumental, I feel), thinking we are still some big shots at this time.

But I wish Stendel every bit of luck. That's not hard to say and doesn't mean I think he will or will not be a success. The old management team, though, has made it incredibly hard, made worse by the possible lack of understanding of the importance of him having his own men around him ( a factor that should have possibly NOT had him appointed at this time.)

Edited by Riccarton3

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We play in three different competitions though. A point that is conveniently forgotten with alarming regularity on here!

And we've achieved nothing to shout about in any if the 3 competition's for years now 

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Out of interest do you think we have shown more attacking intent under Stendel than we did under CL? Have we created more? Have we tried to win games?

Re your coaches question, as DOF from the off I’d suggest all of them and I’d really like to know what they contribute 

It’s hard to argue that we’re playing attacking football when we’ve scored 1 goal so far? We have created chances but we scored against St Johnstone, Celtic and Hibs in corresponding fixtures last season.

Psychedelicropcircle

These imposters have been playing hide and seek on the football park for 14 months & had zero reaction to 3 different coaches in as many months.

i don’t see how that’s DS loosing the DR.

26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Imo you’ll be proven wrong.

Why would you not be there Sunday or the Airdrie game, you’re a season ticket holder.

You are also correct that what you write won’t effect Stendel or the team.

21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You do accept that Levein was a failure though? You do agree we had to get rid of him and ahould have done so at least 6 months, if not 12 months, earlier? You do accept that he failed to address any of the lingering imbalances in the squad; lack of pace, creativity and width? You do accept that he wasted millions both as DOF and Head Coach on misfits that delivered next to nothing. From Oshaniwa to El Hass, from Vanacek to Amankwaa,.  A strong CEO would have stopped him in his tracks ,however, he had wormed hos way into a position where he could sweet talk AB into looseing the purse strings at will. You do accept that all these things are true don't you?

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It’s hard to argue that we’re playing attacking football when we’ve scored 1 goal so far? We have created chances but we scored against St Johnstone, Celtic and Hibs in corresponding fixtures last season.

When naismith was fit 🤣 

Like paterson with Neilson, Naismith pulled Levein & the team through the shit on numerous occasions. 

if you where at hamilton last week you would realise that if naismith didnt go off injured at half time we likely win the game. 

naismith has played 45 minutes since stendel came in and it was the best 45 we have played in a long long time.

we created enough chances to win two games. 

please stop posting nonsense, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to establish that Steven Naismith is the only player with technical ability in the team and has held together the shit show for a long time. 

if it wasnt for naismith we likely would have been fighting relegation last season as well. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Have you really been, or watched his 4 games so far? We had had more possession in attacking areas in his 4 games than CL did in 2 years, give or take a couple of games. The reason we aren't scoring is the reliance on a 37 year old ex St Johnstone player, a big huddy from the English lower leagues, a couple of poor youth players and a crock who plays 1 in every 6/8 games. The common denominator? Levein and MacPhee signed them all and coached them. We are shit. That is down to Craig Levein and his terrible coaching structure. This from me who was feeling positive at the start of the season, even with Levein still in charge.

I think you're at it and I'm annoyed I've taken the bait, but you are full of it. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Oh, dear. You answer your own question by 'we have created chances'. You could score in the games you reference with one chance. What is attacking football? Is it defined only by the number of goals you score?

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Sadly undeniable. I've witnessed 2 league wins at Tynecastle in 2019. I have a season ticket also missed maybe a couple of other wins due to holidays.

3 shit goalies, no midfield creativity, no pace, no fit goal scorers. Stendel can't take any responsibility for the shambles he's inherited.

I've only seen us beat Aberdeen this year........ 

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You do accept that Levein was a failure though? You do agree we had to get rid of him and ahould have done so at least 6 months, if not 12 months, earlier? You do accept that he failed to address any of the lingering imbalances in the squad; lack of pace, creativity and width? You do accept that he wasted millions both as DOF and Head Coach on misfits that delivered next to nothing. From Oshaniwa to El Hass, from Vanacek to Amankwaa,.  A strong CEO would have stopped him in his tracks ,however, he had wormed hos way into a position where he could sweet talk AB into looseing the purse strings at will. You do accept that all these things are true don't you?

He clearly doesn’t. 
An utterly bizarre and thoroughly relentless attack on the new manager. 

24 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

These imposters have been playing hide and seek on the football park for 14 months & had zero reaction to 3 different coaches in as many months.

i don’t see how that’s DS loosing the DR.

Exactly this 

This shower of absolute Shite we've assembled under Levein have everything they want at Hearts. They are spoilt rotten with facilities and what the clubs done for them. They have had 2 years to sort themselves out. If they don't like the new man then feck off. Budge should be approaching every one of these imposters and offer them the chance to mutually terminate their contracts. I dislike every one of these players apart from Souttar and Naismith. Naismith I'd be happy to see go as well. If you can't stay fit then please go 

1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

Exactly this 

This shower of absolute Shite we've assembled under Levein have everything they want at Hearts. They are spoilt rotten with facilities and what the clubs done for them. They have had 2 years to sort themselves out. If they don't like the new man then feck off. Budge should be approaching every one of these imposters and offer them the chance to mutually terminate their contracts. I dislike every one of these players apart from Souttar and Naismith. Naismith I'd be happy to see go as well. If you can't stay fit then please go 

I agree but would add Michael Smith and Aaron Hickey to the list of those who should stay. 

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

You hope. It will really suit your odd agenda.

How anyone, and I’m talking as a fan who gave CL a lot more time than most can still fight his corner is beyond me. He failed to adequately address our weaknesses. He failed to come up with a system which could win us games without Steven Naismith. He consistently failed to change a system that every manager in the league had sussed out and knew how to play against and, most damning in my opinion he failed to address our chronic lack of pace and goals in 2 windows.

When he was appointed I thought he would make us harder to beat. He briefly did but the decline, which began when Naismith hobbled off at Murrayfield was never halted. 
I don’t believe he’ll ever manage again.

His scouting system baffles me and I don’t know if MacPhee is responsible for that. We brought in so many players who, initially look decent and just got worse with each game. Something was definitely not right.

In my opinion, and it’s only an opinion there were far too many chiefs farting about with clipboards and stats and focus was terminally lost. 
I held out for signs of improvement that just didn’t come. He had to go. The coaching system had to change and, most importantly we need to sign better, more energetic and stronger players who are up for the fight we are now in

Bang on the money. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree but would add Michael Smith and Aaron Hickey to the list of those who should stay. 

Agreed forgot about them 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Exactly this 

If Naismith isn’t told to stop treating us like a part time job he can go as well. 
I had no idea he had this nonsensical 4 year do as he ****ing likesies contract. 
Honestly what a joke of a club. 

31 minutes ago, sac said:

Imo you’ll be proven wrong.

Why would you not be there Sunday or the Airdrie game, you’re a season ticket holder.

You are also correct that what you write won’t effect Stendel or the team.

Plenty season ticket holders choose not to attend games, that much is clear.

13 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Oh, dear. You answer your own question by 'we have created chances'. You could score in the games you reference with one chance. What is attacking football? Is it defined only by the number of goals you score?

I would say goals scored are a very good indicator of attacking football. 

19 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Have you really been, or watched his 4 games so far? We had had more possession in attacking areas in his 4 games than CL did in 2 years, give or take a couple of games. The reason we aren't scoring is the reliance on a 37 year old ex St Johnstone player, a big huddy from the English lower leagues, a couple of poor youth players and a crock who plays 1 in every 6/8 games. The common denominator? Levein and MacPhee signed them all and coached them. We are shit. That is down to Craig Levein and his terrible coaching structure. This from me who was feeling positive at the start of the season, even with Levein still in charge.

I think you're at it and I'm annoyed I've taken the bait, but you are full of it. 

Not at it at all. Merely sharing my concerns. I remember folk slating Cathro very early and getting shot down in equally dismissive fashion. I don’t believe the timing of this appointment is going to work. If we’re clearing out all our experienced players like Whelan, Naismith and Berra, keeping Bozanic / MacLean etc and then adding loan signings it doesn’t fill me with confidence.

32 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Levein clearly underperformed in the Premiership. He had us performing very well in both cup competitions. I would love to have seen us have our full squad fit for even 10-15 games one season under him. You look at Liverpool and they barely have an injury, ever. We seems to be plagued by them.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It’s a really difficult situation now. I think Stendel would have been ideal to come in during the summer. I haven’t actually said we should sack stendel right now, just questioned when we would have to act and whether or not it’s prudent to rip the whole squad apart during the January window.

In an ideal scenario I agree, the summer would have been ideal to let Stendel and his coaching team come in. We, however, couldn't have been further from an ideal scenario if we tried and were already heading for relegation.

As a season ticket holder, surely you must have seen, week on week, that this current crop of players were only going to take us down? Assuming this is the case, given that we've had to change managers mid season, then surely the only prudent thing we can do is to rip this squad apart and give the new gaffer a chance to put a stamp on the team, with players that give him half a chance of playing the way he wants us to play? 

17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why are people even debating with that clown Elwood :lol:

He has his opinion which he’s entitled to! He’s not hurting anyone. You might not agree with him and he might not agree with you! Whether you debate with him or not is a personal decision. 

I think members of JKB should be respected regardless of their background, ethnicity, gender, etc, and their opinion(s)!

Peace and respect!

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Plenty season ticket holders choose not to attend games, that much is clear.

I would say goals scored are a very good indicator of attacking football. 

Not at it at all. Merely sharing my concerns. I remember folk slating Cathro very early and getting shot down in equally dismissive fashion. I don’t believe the timing of this appointment is going to work. If we’re clearing out all our experienced players like Whelan, Naismith and Berra, keeping Bozanic / MacLean etc and then adding loan signings it doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Levein clearly underperformed in the Premiership. He had us performing very well in both cup competitions. I would love to have seen us have our full squad fit for even 10-15 games one season under him. You look at Liverpool and they barely have an injury, ever. We seems to be plagued by them.

The cup runs were predicated on getting good draws which is fair enough as that is what it's all about. That's why anyone can win cups but, normally, you have to go to Glasgow and beat one or other of the OF, as Paulo Sergio and JJ both did. Otherwise the lucky draws are meaningless. The league is a far better gauge of a manager's abilities and in that regard, Levein failed miserably.  He brought in 30 players in 2.5 years so the injury excuse is difficult to justify. It certainly doesn't excuse losing 5-0 to Livvy or regularly dropping points to minnows at Tynie nor winning only 2 home games in a calendar year.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The cup runs were predicated on getting good draws which is fair enough as that is what it's all about. That's why anyone can win cups but, normally, you have to go to Glasgow and beat one or other of the OF, as Paulo Sergio and JJ both did. Otherwise the lucky draws are meaningless. The league is a far better gauge of a manager's abilities and in that regard, Levein failed miserably.  He brought in 30 players in 2.5 years so the injury excuse is difficult to justify. It certainly doesn't excuse losing 5-0 to Livvy or regularly dropping points to minnows at Tynie nor winning only 2 home games in a calendar year.

This season we had, by far, the best non Premiership team in our League Cup group stages, Motherwell away, Aberdeen at Tynecastle and then Rangers. Which part of that was an ‘easy draw’ ?

7 minutes ago, Goz said:

In an ideal scenario I agree, the summer would have been ideal to let Stendel and his coaching team come in. We, however, couldn't have been further from an ideal scenario if we tried and were already heading for relegation.

As a season ticket holder, surely you must have seen, week on week, that this current crop of players were only going to take us down? Assuming this is the case, given that we've had to change managers mid season, then surely the only prudent thing we can do is to rip this squad apart and give the new gaffer a chance to put a stamp on the team, with players that give him half a chance of playing the way he wants us to play? 

I think a new manager should get to build his own squad. Doing so in January whilst already bottom of the league, is very risky. Stendel has said on numerous times that he needs all the players fit. Levein needed the same. My concern is that we back Stendel in January and then he walks or we get relegated anyway. A long way back from that scenario!

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

He has his opinion which he’s entitled to! He’s not hurting anyone. You might not agree with him and he might not agree with you! Whether you debate with him or not is a personal decision. 

I think members of JKB should be respected regardless of their background, ethnicity, gender, etc, and their opinion(s)!

Peace and respect!

Indeed. You can spot those without the intellectual capacity for debate. Usually they can’t write to start with. Tell tale signs also include reverting to name calling or bold assumptions that one is a troll or a Hibs fan etc. Dissenting voices and grown up debate should be the corner stones of a thriving football forum. Here they are merely ridiculed or shouted down!

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

This season we had, by far, the best non Premiership team in our League Cup group stages, Motherwell away, Aberdeen at Tynecastle and then Rangers. Which part of that was an ‘easy draw’ ?

And last season we reached a SF and a Final with our hardest game in either competition being Mwell at home. We achieved only the minimum expected.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It's good that we're now seeing some nuance to your arguments. ;)

I too believe that Stendel shouldn't have been given the gig when he was (he should have been hired in the summer with a full transfer window before the season started), and he was the wrong manager to hire at the point he was, but he has to be given time now for his work to stick and his training to absorb itself into the players' minds and feet. There will be a "point of no return" between now and the end of the season before which, if things most definitely are not working out, we would have to consider getting in an emergency replacement, but we're not near that now.

It's tough, really tough at the moment, but the club has to support Stendel to the hilt while he tries to turns things round. Ann has to be ready to hit the manager's eject seat if that support doesn't pay off in results though. Avoiding relegation has to be the single focus now, which means that if we finish up staying in the Premiership, even through the play-offs, that will have been a successful season. Sad, but true, our targets have changed.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think a new manager should get to build his own squad. Doing so in January whilst already bottom of the league, is very risky. Stendel has said on numerous times that he needs all the players fit. Levein needed the same. My concern is that we back Stendel in January and then he walks or we get relegated anyway. A long way back from that scenario!

Indeed. You can spot those without the intellectual capacity for debate. Usually they can’t write to start with. Tell tale signs also include reverting to name calling or bold assumptions that one is a troll or a Hibs fan etc. Dissenting voices and grown up debate should be the corner stones of a thriving football forum. Here they are merely ridiculed or shouted down!

Is attacking football only defined by the number of goals you score? That's what I asked you. Don't be disingenuous now, for the forum's sake..

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's good that we're now seeing some nuance to your arguments. ;)

I too believe that Stendel shouldn't have been given the gig when he was (he should have been hired in the summer with a full transfer window before the season started), and he was the wrong manager to hire at the point he was, but he has to be given time now for his work to stick and his training to absorb itself into the players' minds and feet. There will be a "point of no return" between now and the end of the season before which, if things most definitely are not working out, we would have to consider getting in an emergency replacement, but we're not near that now.

It's tough, really tough at the moment, but the club has to support Stendel to the hilt while he tries to turns things round. Ann has to be ready to hit the manager's eject seat if that support doesn't pay off in results though. Avoiding relegation has to be the single focus now, which means that if we finish up staying in the Premiership, even through the play-offs, that will have been a successful season. Sad, but true, our targets have changed.

I was actually very pro Stendel before we actually appointed him. Liked his philosophy and the focus on youth players and attacking football. He needed a new manager bounce to give himself and the club breathing space. We haven’t got that and we’re now in a very precarious situation. Getting rid of the likes of Berra and Whelan for the forthcoming relegation battle doesn’t seem a shrewd move to me. I’m also concerned about how quickly the new players will gel. I suppose if we get four loans from Stoke at least they will all be familiar with each other.

I wanted Levein gone a long time ago and at the end of last season at the latest. The Cup final should have been his final game. But if we had started looking for a new manager in April/May, I doubt Stendel would have been on the list. His sacking meant he was available when we needed a manager, aside from his contract dispute. He clearly needs his own men in and I think that would have happened already if it wasn't for their own disputes with Barnsley. I think Ann Budge is right not to be getting involved with offering any compensation for them but you do wonder what the hold up is.

Ffs....You've got to give Stendel at least a transfer window to try and improve things. There is no manager on this planet that could turn this pile of dross into anything that resembles a unified football side.
This manic obsession about ex Hearts staff coming back either as managers or players is also IMO total nonsense and way off the mark, certainly not what is needed at this time.  
Back Stendel, support his decision making....The next few weeks will be very telling! 

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Is attacking football only defined by the number of goals you score? That's what I asked you. Don't be disingenuous now, for the forum's sake..

Style of play and chances created are also good barometers ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48925615

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49801089

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49324241

By those criteria these game were attacking football then?

17 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I wanted Levein gone a long time ago and at the end of last season at the latest. The Cup final should have been his final game. But if we had started looking for a new manager in April/May, I doubt Stendel would have been on the list. His sacking meant he was available when we needed a manager, aside from his contract dispute. He clearly needs his own men in and I think that would have happened already if it wasn't for their own disputes with Barnsley. I think Ann Budge is right not to be getting involved with offering any compensation for them but you do wonder what the hold up is.

I don't. Desperate situations require desperate remedies. If Daniel needs those guys in, we need to make it happen.

Bazzas right boot

I don't think he has lost the dressing room. 

Performances, if not results have shown that the players can play and compete. 

Goals is still an issue. 

Haring, Naismith and Walker have proven that they can chip in with goals. 

All are injured. 

Washingston is also still injured. 

Souttar is still injured. 

Said for months that any team missing them will feel it. 

A new manager will not fix this over night. 

CL, with hindsight should have went in the summer. He never. 

I said in November that sacking CL was risky due to-

New manager still has the same players and injuries.

Cl still seemed to have the players. 

Confidence is low. 

We appointed Stendel at a time were we had a big run of games, the same team, same injuries. 

Results have gotten worse during this time. 

Celtic, St Johnstone and Hibs all got better results v us than under CL. 

He has no rapport with the current squad, new to the team and country. 

It's not good for us or him. 

We should have waited until tommorow having not sacked CL in the summer. 

Could probably now say Ann got two decisions wrong with her timing. 

If Aberdeen beat us, we'll be rooted at the bottom. 

We'd have Gotten worse since CL was dismissed as manager, we'll have a manager who is new to the country, stuck largely  with a team that he does not want. 

If Airdrie beat us, fans will turn on him as well. 

The only hope is that after the break we have a nearly fit team, with a few of Stendels own players and staff and that we then start to score goals we then win games and get confidence. 

If not then relegation is a distinct possibility. 

Something that before December's run I thought we'd be clear off. December's run has made sure we are in for relegation unless things turn quickly. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

There could be something in the timing of an appointment such as Stendel's that sums up the confusion at Hearts. And shouldn't come as a surprise. It could be argued as a 'trying to run before you can walk' appointment instead of one just to ensure survival ( a more pragmatic appointment of an available management 'team' might have been better at least until the summer or after 18 months).

He has come without his backroom staff to a rudderless squad with little quality (created entirely by Levein and MacPhee). 

I feel Hearts might ultimately pay the price of the heirarchy's hubris (Levein is STILL instrumental, I feel), thinking we are still some big shots at this time.

But I wish Stendel every bit of luck. That's not hard to say and doesn't mean I think he will or will not be a success. The old management team, though, has made it incredibly hard, made worse by the possible lack of understanding of the importance of him having his own men around him ( a factor that should have possibly NOT had him appointed at this time.)

Think a lot of us are in this saloon but hoping we are wrong because the sands are running too fast now. We will have to cross fingers and hope. 

Cant see us staying up without 4 influential signings tbh.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't think he has lost the dressing room. 

Performances, if not results have shown that the players can play and compete. 

Goals is still an issue. 

Haring, Naismith and Walker have proven that they can chip in with goals. 

All are injured. 

Washingston is also still injured. 

Souttar is still injured. 

Said for months that any team missing them will feel it. 

A new manager will not fix this over night. 

CL, with hindsight should have went in the summer. He never. 

I said in November that sacking CL was risky due to-

New manager still has the same players and injuries.

Cl still seemed to have the players. 

Confidence is low. 

We appointed Stendel at a time were we had a big run of games, the same team, same injuries. 

Results have gotten worse during this time. 

Celtic, St Johnstone and Hibs all got better results v us than under CL. 

He has no rapport with the current squad, new to the team and country. 

It's not good for us or him. 

We should have waited until tommorow having not sacked CL in the summer. 

Could probably now say Ann got two decisions wrong with her timing. 

If Aberdeen beat us, we'll be rooted at the bottom. 

We'd have Gotten worse since CL was dismissed as manager, we'll have a manager who is new to the country, stuck largely  with a team that he does not want. 

If Airdrie beat us, fans will turn on him as well. 

The only hope is that after the break we have a nearly fit team, with a few of Stendels own players and staff and that we then start to score goals we then win games and get confidence. 

If not then relegation is a distinct possibility. 

Something that before December's run I thought we'd be clear off. December's run has made sure we are in for relegation unless things turn quickly. 

You don’t think it’s one already? And before Stendel arrived? Our form has been the worst in the league for 14 months. 
I agree with a couple of your points and that he should’ve went in the summer but all I read on here and from yourself was give him the first round of fixtures not wait until the winter break where we likely wouldn’t found ourselves here anyway. 
I gave Levein far too much slack also and with other more vocal supporters agree he possibly shouldn’t have even got to the cup final we were so bad but the cup final really should’ve been it. 
It’s all on him. 

Quite incredible someone supporting Levein so strongly still.

That poster is all over the place, comparing Levein's stats with a different team last season to the mess he has left Stendel with this season :laugh:

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Quite incredible someone supporting Levein so strongly still.

That poster is all over the place, comparing Levein's stats with a different team last season to the mess he has left Stendel with this season :laugh:

Even Craig would be embarrassed by such idolatry. Well, maybe.....

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Let me get this right.

100 plus games with Levein in charge, backroom staff/coaches of his choosing employed, players of his choosing recruited and he has us sitting at the very bottom of the league.

Still not one utterance of doubt from you and you were still supporting him to the very very end 

New manager comes in, no back room team in place and the first time you voice your doubts is 4 games in and then start comparing him to Levein 

Of course everyone has concerns. We are in real f...... danger right now, real danger, and the last thing we need is to vilify the guy who is tasked with getting us out of the mess that Mr Levein has created.

Setting him up to hang is what it looks like on face. We need to support him and get behind the side once again.

Do you not see how you are coming across with what you are saying in some of these posts ?

You’re wasting your time with poster.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You don’t think it’s one already? And before Stendel arrived? Our form has been the worst in the league for 14 months. 
I agree with a couple of your points and that he should’ve went in the summer but all I read on here and from yourself was give him the first round of fixtures not wait until the winter break where we likely wouldn’t found ourselves here anyway. 
I gave Levein far too much slack also and with other more vocal supporters agree he possibly shouldn’t have even got to the cup final we were so bad but the cup final really should’ve been it. 
It’s all on him. 

We are, but I was hopeful of a few wins this month, that has gone. 

If Airdrie beat us, the season is over, atm with no goals it could happen. 

I still feel that if injuries clear up we will get better. 

By injuries I mean players getting fit and staying fit. 

Far too many of our better players have been injured or not fit due to injuries. 

I also think, if we score goals, we'll ofc course win more games. 

Do that and confidence returns and we go forward. 

However, if we don't start to score goals, players remain injured then we have a manager who is lumbered with a team low on confidence and players he does not want for a relegation battle. 

Horrendous tbh. 

Worse than under CL imo. 

In that scenerio we are heading for a butcher type cluster ****.