Has Stendel lost the dressing room?

Satchmo

I hope he has and never finds them again. Play Kirk's youth team v. Aberdeen. The worst they can do is lose which will happen anyway with Levein's mob. 

Budge, Levein, MacPhee and the majority of the squad can gtf as far as I'm concerned. 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• kingantti1874

• Jambo-Fox

• Enzo Chiefo

11 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Not sure he or the players could give a toss

Not seen him on the touchline then? Obviously gives more of a toss than the majority of the players and probably covers more ground than some of them

ALL about the players.   They developed some kind of dysfunction months ago.     Looks like they're not arsed about doing something about it and would rather slink off.

I give us less than 50% chance of staying up.    Forget Levein or Budge.     These players have chucked it.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Just watched the Stendel interview, beginning to think the guy hasn't got a clue what's going on. This is grim

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

If the players are unhappy then they can all leave as far as I'm concerned. With the exception of 2 or 3, they are a disgrace and have been for too long.

I'm glad Stendel is falling out with some of them because they need told the truth about how pathetic their application and attitude is. 

Agree with Captain Canada. If it ain't hurting, it ain't working and ....the truth is going to hurt for many of those players who are earning respectable wages to do a job for us. This threat could be turned on its head, if Stendel hasn't lost the dressing room then we might not have light at the end of the January tunnel to look forward to. 

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Stendel has turned up to a squad of fat, lazy, unfit losers with no discipline.

i’d play academy players before starting the majority of them.

if he’s lost the dressing room it’s because they’ve been spoiled by the previous manager and coaches letting them away with murder. I’ve not seen hearts looking fit since the championship 

Can’t disagree with that. Halkett looks about two stone overweight from last season when at Livi. These imposters must have been getting away with murder.

Dave McCreery's knee

There appears to be no team spirit or dressing room to lose. I hope the truth hurts a lot of these players. He needs his coaches in and the ghosts of christmas past gone immediately. 
If true that a lot of them have relegation clauses in their contracts its just another indication of mismanagement. They don't car if relegated, they can just move on

Holyrood_Hearts
27 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Getting worried the man has lost the dressing room already. Whelan, Mulraney and his criticism of Berra and other senior players in the press. Granted these huddies deserve all the criticism directed at them, but if you need them to play and they have downed tools, we’re in deep shit.

Lost it because he’s told them a few home truths? Good because with the exception of a couple the rest are imposters & need telt. 

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not seen him on the touchline then? Obviously gives more of a toss than the majority of the players and probably covers more ground than some of them

I mean I dont think he'd give a toss if he's lost the dressing room 👍

I doubt he’s lost the dressing room, and if he has then the players that are unhappy should be free to depart immediately. There’s barely any that I would be sad to see leave.

It is clear to me that Stendel know exactly what the problems at the club are. On one hand you could argue that he should be more pragmatic and try and grind out results until getting his own players in. While on the other hand he really needs to see which players buy into his ideas and which are suited to playing his style.

Looking at his subs today tells me he knows what the problems are,  but he’s very limited in the options currently available.

And while this might not be a popular view, I’ve seen us play far worse and win in lots of derbies over the years. Apart from gifting Hibs two goals they created next to nothing, and we created loads of chances. But we need some major surgery very quickly if we are to stay up. 

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Can’t disagree with that. Halkett looks about two stone overweight from last season when at Livi. These imposters must have been getting away with murder.

Yeah, Halkett is garbage. Utter garbage. Needs binned

1 minute ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

There appears to be no team spirit or dressing room to lose. I hope the truth hurts a lot of these players. He needs his coaches in and the ghosts of christmas past gone immediately. 
If true that a lot of them have relegation clauses in their contracts its just another indication of mismanagement. They don't car if relegated, they can just move on

Fingers crossed they do. None of them will be coming back to do the half time draw that's for sure. When Ian Black came out at half time today a boy behind me shouted away and get stripped. He was right too. At least he gave a  ****

1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

I mean I dont think he'd give a toss if he's lost the dressing room 👍

Ah. You're probably right then bud. 

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Just watched the Stendel interview, beginning to think the guy hasn't got a clue what's going on. This is grim

Avioded it so far in the hope he starts to offer some observations and make some sense. So far all ive heard is excuses and moans. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Avioded it so far in the hope he starts to offer some observations and make some sense. So far all ive heard is excuses and moans. 

That fat excuse Boyd has had a dig Stendel, that will be the excuse for all the media to start having a go. ****ing ruining my Christmas are Hearts.

All roads lead to Gorgie

He really needs to get at least five of his own players in before we judge his managerial prowess. I would boot most of the hopeless Levein signings out the club as they are not showing themselves up in a good light both in application or any type of footballing skills. 

I’m 100% behind DS. We need his backroom team now. Waiting till the end of the season could have catastrophic consequences. The team is full of losers. Anyone else see Berra gesturing to the Hearts fan giving the players abuse after the game, to go downstairs for a square go? If he showed as much fight on the park we wouldn’t be in this predicament 

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Jambo Hardhat said:

I’m 100% behind DS. We need his backroom team now. Waiting till the end of the season could have catastrophic consequences. The team is full of losers. Anyone else see Berra gesturing to the Hearts fan giving the players abuse after the game, to go downstairs for a square go? If he showed as much fight on the park we wouldn’t be in this predicament 

Really? Doesn’t sound like Berra.

34 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I hope he has. They can all **** off. I'm with Stendel over any of those shitebags. 

I imagine the majority are with you.  

The trouble is if Craig levien is still there he will be stoking division and a lot of other noses’ backrooom staff ‘will be out of joint ‘ budge should have cleared the lot out and stendel giving full control ‘ this does not bode well but I’m hoping DS took the job on on condition his back room staff arrive in January and the old staff cleared from the place 

Edited by Marky mark

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Really? Doesn’t sound like Berra.

I stood just behind Scott Wilson and the guy was kicking off at the whole team as they were going down the tunnel. Sean Clare was crying as he left. The guy gave Berra dogs abuse and he motioned for him to come downstairs. There was at least 6 of us that saw it. Agreed it’s not like Berra but it shows how disjointed and what a mess we are in as players and fans alike. Couldn’t really disagree with the hearts fan  giving abuse though 

2 minutes ago, Marky mark said:

The trouble is if Craig levien is still there he will be stoking division and a lot of other noses’ backrooom staff ‘will be out of joint ‘ budge should have cleared the lot out and stendel giving full control ‘ this does not bode well but I’m hoping DS took the job on on condition his back room staff arrive in January and the old

I dont believe that for a second on CL im afraid its just the players are shit, arrogant and they know they are going to be binned.

Dave McCreery's knee

I think things are going to get worse before getting better. Budge and the fans have HAVE to back Stendel now by clearing out ALL of the old regime, unless Stendel wants any of them. Then appoint his coaches and give them freedom to get rid of players and bring in his targets. She’ll need an administrator, or sporting director to help with the off-loading and new signings but having Levein or McPhee involved is undermining everything, even if their roles are relatively benign. 
Cant see she has any choice and these ate the only positive things she can do immediately. The current squad and set up show no sign whatsoever of being able to get us out of this mess. Be decisive now, not tomorrow. 

43 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Getting worried the man has lost the dressing room already. Whelan, Mulraney and his criticism of Berra and other senior players in the press. Granted these huddies deserve all the criticism directed at them, but if you need them to play and they have downed tools, we’re in deep shit.

Naw Levein lost the dressing room according to the posters on here.How can You lose the dressing room after 4 frigging games.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

I stood just behind Scott Wilson and the guy was kicking off at the whole team as they were going down the tunnel. Sean Clare was crying as he left. The guy gave Berra dogs abuse and he motioned for him to come downstairs. There was at least 6 of us that saw it. Agreed it’s not like Berra but it shows how disjointed and what a mess we are in as players and fans alike. Couldn’t really disagree with the hearts fan  giving abuse though 

Doesnt sound like the board or the mgmt team are providing the strong leadership reqd.

Starting to think DS failure a real possibility. This lot need to man up and be there for each other. Crying and arguing with guy who paid to watch you is a total nonsense.

kingantti1874
Just now, skodef said:

Naw Levein lost the dressing room according to the posters on here.How can You lose the dressing room after 4 frigging games.

because there wasn’t a dressing room to lose..

35 minutes ago, Whatever said:

14 months of being the worst team in the league.

I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t upsetting the wasters.

Not happy? There’s the window open, get your agent to find you a club and **** off. Danke schon.

We need more of this. It’s time the fans really turned on the players. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

I think things are going to get worse before getting better. Budge and the fans have HAVE to back Stendel now by clearing out ALL of the old regime, unless Stendel wants any of them. Then appoint his coaches and give them freedom to get rid of players and bring in his targets. She’ll need an administrator, or sporting director to help with the off-loading and new signings but having Levein or McPhee involved is undermining everything, even if their roles are relatively benign. 
Cant see she has any choice and these ate the only positive things she can do immediately. The current squad and set up show no sign whatsoever of being able to get us out of this mess. Be decisive now, not tomorrow. 

This , but i worry she cant grasp competitve sport leadership means internal reassignments are not always possible and that people need to leave the building in this game in order to preserve morale and acceptance of responsibility.

11 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

I saw this but not sure many did. Was just along from it but couldn't hear what was being said so don't know how Berra could. Guys were rightly angry. It was unprofessional from Berra who I hope is rightly embarrased at himself post game. However, it was the most passionate any of us had seen him all season. Needs fined for his conduct, no need

We are in the fortunate position where it actually makes more sense to anyone with half a brain to get rid of a lot of the players as opposed to the manager. Hopefully we can manage that but January not the best window to do it.

51 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

50 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

:lol:

The dressing room can **** off then. 

Sack them all for gross incompetence and start again. 

****ing imposters, get them to **** ! 

Stendals the top man at the helm not the imposters fraudulently taking a wage. 

If Stendal can't implement his way due to player revolt then the problem is with them not him.

Edited by dannymack

I doubt it but if a professional like Whelan has chucked it over Stendel asking him for more, then he can go train with the kids.

And that goes for ANYONE who has the temerity, having served up pig swill for months, to complain. Stendel needs to show his mettle and not take a single bit of crap off any of them. 

This is now a battle - anyone who does not get that needs binned. Irrespective of reputation, wages or any other considerations. 

Also, pains me to say it but Levein needs to **** off. I had a lot of sympathy for a guy who had us flying at the top of the league and then suffered catastrophic squad injuries and personal ill health to boot. But, frankly, if a new manager with a decent reputation can't get much out of these players, and the injuries keep piling up and form/confidence of supposedly decent players cannot be recovered  - then I'm afraid that the issues have to be considered systemic and he was DoF as well as manager and entirely culpable. We have no time for sentiment, though neither will I stoop to abuse. 

Budge also needs to show leadership and take firm, decisive action by getting Stendel's coaches in and loosening the purse strings in January. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
40 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

..... not had time on the training pitch he would have wanted ..... 

he could have had a lot more if he had wanted!!

Oh shut up.

2 days more? Go and take a break from here with your family - if you have any

26 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

If the players are unhappy then they can all leave as far as I'm concerned. With the exception of 2 or 3, they are a disgrace and have been for too long.

I'm glad Stendel is falling out with some of them because they need told the truth about how pathetic their application and attitude is. 

100% this, some have been in a comfort zone for way too long, either man up or look forward to playing in front 1500 fans for the rest of your career.

11 minutes ago, Marky mark said:

The trouble is if Craig levien is still there he will be stoking division and a lot of other noses’ backrooom staff ‘will be out of joint ‘ budge should have cleared the lot out and stendel giving full control ‘ this does not bode well but I’m hoping DS took the job on on condition his back room staff arrive in January and the old staff cleared from the place 

Stoking Division with players who weren't playing for him either? If any of these wasters are siding with him then they can GTF. Similarly with the backroom staff. They are all a part of the nick we find ourselves in and I don't think any one of them should be allowed to assist in fixing it. I too hope you're right and DS can get his own staff in sooner rather than later.

Seymour M Hersh
54 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

:lol:

The dressing room can **** off then. 

Sack them all for gross incompetence and start again. 

This. I hope he loses the vast majority of them down a toilet.

Lost the dressing room? It wasn't his dressing room to lose in the first place. Guy has had 4 games at the club, and has been hung out to dry every time by these heartless ****s.

We got what we wanted with Stendel, someone with no affiliation to the club or any of these players, and he's sussed every one of those shitebags out in an instant, and they don't like it.

The players can revolt all they want, their remaining time at this club will be a horrible experience, because there's not one of us supporters who's backing them. Some will stay of course, and those who buy in to Stendel's programme, roll up their sleeves and carry us forward, then good on them. But right now, there's not one player I would lose sleep over if they left tomorrow. 

This is like when Ian Cathro's squad downed tools, and I ****ing hated every one of them for it. Only this time, I wholeheartedly back the manager.

30 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

got a link?

41 minutes ago, karipidis said:

100% behind Stendel. Players can gtf.

Sums up how I feel. This squad have been a disgrace for a ridiculous length of time. Wouldn't care about any of them leaving. Hopefully Stendel is here for the longer term and leads us to better days with a minimum of these imposters around. 

Leveins Battalion
32 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

This is going to end in tears.Groundhog day to the Cathro debacle.

The rot set in about 13 months ago. Stendel has come in and been as diplomatic as he possibly could be, but many players and coaches will see the writing is on the wall for them, and be fighting back.

Budge has to back Stendel. The fans certainly aren’t siding with the players over this, that’s for sure.

He shouldn’t have gone home for Christmas though. Odd decision.