Has Stendel lost the dressing room?

Satchmo

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
12 hours ago, maroon said:

Unsure if this has been said and could May be wrong but heard when Mulraney came off he gave Stendel the middle finger. Wish I was joking.

It was just before he came off. Gave the ball away (again) for the last time. Stendel shouting instructions to him, Mulraney making gestures he couldn't hear Stendel. Eventually mulraney raised the middle finger. Stendel didn't react, not sure if he saw it, or not, but a few minutes later he was off.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• kingantti1874

• Jambo-Fox

• Enzo Chiefo

Leveins Battalion

I’m delighted that Stendel is calling out Levein and this shower of shite wearing the Hearts crest just now.

There was no spirit/togetherness to lose anyway.Most of our players are *****’s.

Yesterday when the teams came out only Michael Smith applauded the fans,yet every single Hibs player made a point of going and applauding their fans.

There is no relationship between these and players and us,they have no ability,they have no passion and most of all they have no conscience.

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I’m delighted that Stendel is calling out Levein and this shower of shite wearing the Hearts crest just now.

This. Glad he feels what we feel towards them.

Vast majority of these guys wont be at Hearts by the start of next season and I bet they regret their time at this great club when they look back on their careers.

I’ve no idea if Stendel has lost the dressing room but something clearly isn’t right. Those players have let down a few managers now, I’m not sure if it’s shiteness or complete loss of confidence. I don’t believe for a second they are as bad as they are showing. The time has come to stop looking back and taking the easy option of blaming Levein for everything. Stendel has had 4 games now and he has to shoulder a fair bit of responsibility for those defeats. Ffs even jack Ross has got something more out of those Hibs shite. 

I'll repeat again,he has to be careful not to create same situation as Butcher did with them.

Fair enough calling them out in private but if he goes too far slating in public it might work against him. Some might worry it's already happened. 

Like it or not it's this squad or the majority that we need to pull us out of this mess. 

10 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

I'll repeat again,he has to be careful not to create same situation as Butcher did with them.

Fair enough calling them out in private but if he goes too far slating in public it might work against him. Some might worry it's already happened. 

Like it or not it's this squad or the majority that we need to pull us out of this mess. 

We were arguably already there as the players weren't getting results for Levein or MacPhee either.

11 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Have you seen us play? There’s no way on Earth that this squad is pulling us out of the situation we’re in. If that’s what we’re depending on then we are relegated already. None of our current midfielders or forwards have the skill, creativity or confidence to score goals.

One of the key issues is at a minimum giving him at LEAST one of his own coaches. Hardly a suprise if he's undermined with the entire old regime still hanging around.

Holyrood_Hearts
11 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

I get the comparison but DS is right to question Berra & Whelan (I haven’t heard him talk about anyone else) 

DS has to get these guys either out the team or out the door. TB never did that & ultimately went back to those boys who he originally criticised, by which point they downed tools & didn’t want to play for him..

2 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

One of the key issues is at a minimum giving him at LEAST one of his own coaches. Hardly a suprise if he's undermined with the entire old regime still hanging around.

Couldn’t agree more. Right now he’s been hung out to dry. He’s clearly been told a load of rubbish about when injured players are back as well. There is no doubt in my mind he’s an isolated figure at the moment. Ann should be ashamed of herself. The support she gave CL compared to DS is telling. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Couldn’t agree more. Right now he’s been hung out to dry. He’s clearly been told a load of rubbish about when injured players are back as well. There is no doubt in my mind he’s an isolated figure at the moment. Ann should be ashamed of herself. The support she gave CL compared to DS is telling. 

And she’s still giving Levein better support than Stendel!!!

There will be a few out the door in January, it's a start. We can't go mad, or afford to, but he will be able to bring in a few new players, ones of his choosing. He's also asked for all out on loan players back so he can see the squad and see what he needs in summer. After the winter break it wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of changes for the Airdrie game. The team may well have Harry Cochrane, Anthony MacDonald, Olly Lee and others back in it by then. We also need to find out what the injury situation is regarding Naismith, Haring, Washington, Souttar, Walker & Garruccio. From what I've seen since Daniel Stendel has come in is improvements in a couple of players. Olly Bozanic and Sean Clare have looked a little bit better. Bozanic is trying to put himself about a bit more and looks like he's "getting" what Stendel is looking for. Same with Clare, a bit more effort. Two players I thought wouldn't be interested but it has been said that the whole squad would be given their chance, Boz and Clare seem up for it, Mulraney, Damour and Whelan don't. In an ideal world, all the injured players would be back and you could put together a team along the lines of... Pereira, Smith, Garruccio, Halkett, Souttar, Haring, MacDonald, Bozanic, Washington, Naismith, Clare. Subs...Zlamal, Walker, Irving, Cochrane, Lee. And that's without any new players. The point is that there is a bit of a squad there already, even without the likes of Damour, Berra, Mulraney etc. Not saying it's ideal or that Bozanic and Clare would be long term but at least they've shown a bit more desire recently that they previously have. I'd rather go with them right now than quite a few others who've shown little to no desire.

Edited by jambonian

Leveins Battalion

The players will know exactly what the fans think if they watch any of the videos going around Facebook this morning.🤣🤣

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He’s clearly been told a load of rubbish about when injured players are back as well.

How could you possibly know this? Clearly... Really?

1 minute ago, Apache Mal said:

His interview yesterday. You take it how you want. I took it as a clear sign he’s been told players will be back when they’re not going to be so aye,

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

There will be a few out the door in January, it's a start. We can't go mad, or afford to, but he will be able to bring in a few new players, ones of his choosing. He's also asked for all out on loan players back so he can see the squad and see what he needs in summer. After the winter break it wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of changes for the Airdrie game. The team may well have Harry Cochrane, Anthony MacDonald, Olly Lee and others back in it by then. We also need to find out what the injury situation is regarding Naismith, Haring, Washington, Souttar, Walker & Garruccio. From what I've seen since Daniel Stendel has come in is improvements in a couple of players. Olly Bozanic and Sean Clare have looked a little bit better. Bozanic is trying to put himself about a bit more and looks like he's "getting" what Stendel is looking for. Same with Clare, a bit more effort. Two players I thought wouldn't be interested but it has been said that the whole squad would be given their chance, Boz and Clare seem up for it, Mulraney, Damour and Whelan don't. In an ideal world, all the injured players would be back and you could put together a team along the lines of... Pereira, Smith, Garruccio, Halkett, Souttar, Haring, MacDonald, Bozanic, Washington, Naismith, Clare. Subs...Zlamal, Walker, Irving, Cochrane, Lee. And that's without any new players. The point is that there is a bit of a squad there already, even without the likes of Damour, Berra, Mulraney etc. Not saying it's ideal or that Bozanic and Clare would be long term but at least they've shown a bit more desire recently that they previously have. I'd rather go with them right now than quite a few others who've shown little to no desire.

Good post and pretty fair summary.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The players will know exactly what the fans think if they watch any of the videos going around Facebook this morning.🤣🤣

I've heard that the players have been sitting reading this forum in the past few weeks. 

Dunno if he's lost the dressing room , maybe a few of the players but I think he's doomed to fail . 

Can see him going early March and us bringing in a McCall or McCann to try an avoid relegation. 

Hes going to have to work largely with the squad we've got with 3 or 3 additions . Probably loans that haven't been getting game time . 

If we lose on Sunday there 5 loses in a row , 4 at home , regardless of the circumstances that's horrendous stuff , I'm not confident he can turn this round in another 4 or 5 weeks tbh . 

Stendel is out of his depth, he does not have the necessary experience to manage a club like Hearts. It was a mistake to appoint him and it’s best to admit that now before the damage is beyond repair.

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Stendel is out of his depth, he does not have the necessary experience to manage a club like Hearts. It was a mistake to appoint him and it’s best to admit that now before the damage is beyond repair.

Jesus Christ. 

Yeah, bring back Levein. 😂🤦‍♂️

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Biggest load of pish I’ve read on this board. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Biggest load of pish I’ve read on this board. 

Constructive feedback 😂 

Oh ..... wait a minute .... he has great experience, his fantastic managerial track record made him the outstanding candidate ...... waken up .... before it’s too late

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

no it’s a ****ing terrible thought.. in fact, even suggesting it scream of hibs

Well why did you propose it??

20 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

If he has it’s not just him, it’s us - in that the players have lost us!! our fans HATE our players and we  let it be known. We require a massive clear out.. the whole FOOTBALL department is dead

Prone to exaggeration??

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Constructive feedback 😂 

Oh ..... wait a minute .... he has great experience, his fantastic managerial track record made him the outstanding candidate ...... waken up .... before it’s too late

you waken up, he’s had a 60+ % win record and in all honesty we have played far better since he came in..

Craig Levein has destroyed hearts and should never return to tynecastle 

2 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

He was told after the Jan break. Budge repeated that comment at the agm.  Three weeks to find out if she was telling porkies. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you waken up, he’s had a 60+ % win record and in all honesty we have played far better since he came in..

Exaggerating again? 
His win rate at Hanover was 50%, his win rate at Barnsley was 46%, his win rate at Hearts is 0%. How do you get to ‘60+ % win rate’?

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Prone to exaggeration??

maybe, but the first team is up the with the worst in our history, old un-morivated players, Players who can’t stay fit, failed projects, wasters like Mulraney! The youth teams aren’t producing either in all honesty. If not dead we are in need of intensive care

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some just can’t let him go.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exaggerating again? 
His win rate at Hanover was 50%, his win rate at Barnsley was 46%, his win rate at Hearts is 0%. How do you get to ‘60+ % win rate’?

Read it.. thanks for taking the time to google it though - must have been his win rate in the season he won the championship with Barnsley . Still pretty decent. 

point is - he is a very decent appointment, we have got better, and of the of the club support him properly he will do a good job..

and anyone defending Craig levein is a ***** 👍🏻

Edited by kingantti1874

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

There was no spirit/togetherness to lose anyway.Most of our players are *****’s.

Yesterday when the teams came out only Michael Smith applauded the fans,yet every single Hibs player made a point of going and applauding their fans.

There is no relationship between these and players and us,they have no ability,they have no passion and most of all they have no conscience.

Completely agree with most of this. Although I would say that Sean Clare has shown that spirit and passion in recent games, and despite all the abuse he’s taken from the fans he normally stands and applauds the fans. Have to say that Clare’s attitude in these brutal times has really impressed me. Seems like a genuine nice guy that just wants to be as good a player as he can. Pity Smith, Clare and Hickey have 8 imposters beside them most weeks.

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Not a bad thought!

That some fans still crave the comfort blanket of the arrogant, proven loser that is Levein is actually more worrying than our current league position.  We are in this mess because of that t**t and the fact that he is allowed to hang about the club like a bad smell needs addressed immediately. 

13 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Completely agree with most of this. Although I would say that Sean Clare has shown that spirit and passion in recent games, and despite all the abuse he’s taken from the fans he normally stands and applauds the fans. Have to say that Clare’s attitude in these brutal times has really impressed me. Seems like a genuine nice guy that just wants to be as good a player as he can. Pity Smith, Clare and Hickey have 8 imposters beside them most weeks.

Build the team around Hickey, Clare and Smith , add a few in the window and recall some of the youngsters and we will start to improve. 

4 hours ago, Dazo said:

I’ve no idea if Stendel has lost the dressing room but something clearly isn’t right. Those players have let down a few managers now, I’m not sure if it’s shiteness or complete loss of confidence. I don’t believe for a second they are as bad as they are showing. The time has come to stop looking back and taking the easy option of blaming Levein for everything. Stendel has had 4 games now and he has to shoulder a fair bit of responsibility for those defeats. Ffs even jack Ross has got something more out of those Hibs shite. 

Jack Ross has some good footballers at his disposal there.  

I struggle to name more than 2 in our squad.

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Read it.. thanks for taking the time to google it though - must have been his win rate in the season he won the championship with Barnsley . Still pretty decent. 

point is - he is a very decent appointment, we have got better, and of the of the club support him properly he will do a good job..

I’m not for a minute defending Levein. He is yesterday’s news and clearly at fault for a lot of our current woes. But I disagree with people on here just making up fantasy stats to try to prove their point so I call them out on it when I see it. 👍👍

Jambo in Yorkshire

Stendel will get it right.

Lets be fair, if we had a goalscorer we would have had a couple of goals in the second half.

At least 4 good chances to score and we didn’t convert one of them.

Add in the fact that the keeper could easily have dealt with the first goal by going for the lob into the box and Damour gave away the second.

The_razors_edge
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That some fans still crave the comfort blanket of the arrogant, proven loser that is Levein is actually more worrying than our current league position.  We are in this mess because of that t**t and the fact that he is allowed to hang about the club like a bad smell needs addressed immediately. 

It’s frightening. Stendel may, or may not, be a success however he should be afforded the same opportunity and support the previous manager received. To castigate Stendel because he hasn’t managed to turn the tide (and let’s face it it’s a huge tide) that was created by the previous manager within 4 games of arriving is nonsense. Aside from smith and Hickey he’s been left with literally nothing to work with - the previous manager couldn’t get a tune out of this group of players so it’s hardly a surprise that the new man can’t either. How we, as a club, approach January will be absolutely pivotal. 

32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why is he, “a very decent appointment”?

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You’re entitled to your opinion mate but its attitudes like that worry me. Is this attitude still sulking around our training ground etc? It’s entirely the reason Levein and his cronies should’ve been shown the door immediately after being “relieved of his duties” only to be given new ones. 
Its ****ing farcical. 

Austin MacGlee
17 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Stendel and Hearts are just not compatable,Stendel is a coach,very much on the technical side,we needed a manager to come in with a vision for the whole club which is broken.

I know it’s early on in his time here but I just can’t see this working out.

Obviously hope this is wrong but I feel the same. I wanted Warnock in. The signs were there that we were looking at relegation and Warnock would've been just the man to galvanise us and win ugly to get us to safety. Keeping us in the league should've been the key focus for recruiting a new manager when Levein was removed, not fancy football and style (in my opinion obviously).

I expressed concerns about Stendel's footballing philosophy and its compatibility with this squad of old hacks and journeymen before we appointed him. I just couldn't see the philosophy becoming a reality with this bunch of wasters signed by Levein and MacPhee.

I'm praying we can move players on and get men in who can play Stendel's game in January because if that doesn't happen we are going down. It's unthinkable but is looking more likely with every game.

It's not that I'm "turning against" Stendel or that I don't back him. I actually feel his philosophy is the right way football should be played and he seems a right gid bloke. I just think he was the wrong appointment for us at this time. We needed a warrior who wasn't afraid to send the team out there to kick lumps out of the opposition to grind out a win and get us up the table.

Really hope I'm wrong about it all. Would love to be wrong about this.

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You’re entitled to your opinion mate but its attitudes like that worry me. Is this attitude still sulking around our training ground etc? It’s entirely the reason Levein and his cronies should’ve been shown the door immediately after being “relieved of his duties” only to be given new ones. 
Its ****ing farcical. 

Interesting but not very! I’d like to see an answer to the question!!

5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The players look very detached from the fans and it was very noticeable yesterday 

Personally no matter what the players think of the manager they should be ashamed of themselves. This is largely the same group of players that went the first 10/11 games unbeaten last season and now all of a sudden they don’t know how to play!  They are all professional footballers on a hell of a lot more money than any of us here make(general assumption, don’t know how much people earn😂

any other job you get asked to do something by a manager you bloody do it. if not you get sacked, no pay out, no compensation(this should be given to Levein for lying on his cv that he is a football manager) 

I honestly do believe Stendel will turn this around but like most have said on here he needs people he trusts who will implement his style. Players we have can’t do pressing football, the style we had been playing just wasn’t working under Levein as it was a crime to football! 
I have been impressed with Sean Clare and Bozzy. At least they try to play passes forward. Unfortunately there is no movement off the ball for them to pass to or create space. Saw it yday Clare drives with the ball and nothing to pass to! 

Anyway at least Berra won’t be scared by Cosgrove on Sunday. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

The players look very detached from the fans and it was very noticeable yesterday 

Cos they know we hate them all?

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Becuase as he has already demonstrated he wants to play the right way, was very popular with Barnsley fans, has a better win % than any of the other managers we were linked with..

not his fault we’ve employed him with 2 hands tied behind his back 

Lost the dressing room? Nah not having that.

Yesterday's performance was not that of a team that is not prepared to play for the manager. I am sure he has upset some individual players that but has been covered hundreds of times on here recently. And as I think most of us agree, so be it because if he is not upsetting some of the players when we are bottom of the league then he is probably the wrong man for the job.

Yesterday could have easily been 2-2 if we could score. It was by no way a classic performance but if we took just some of our chances then we would all be a little more optimistic and talking about a spirited performance etc.

Bottom line is we need to sign some goal scorers.

I might be out by a couple of games but we have only won something like 20 league games in the last 2.5 seasons where we have scored two or more goals and we have only won 11 out of our last 100 league games by two goals or more. 

That's shocking. But rather than coming in and putting a plaster on it for the sake of wee bounce, Stendel is setting out to make changes that will last.

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Its ****ing farcical. 

👏👏👏👏