Has Stendel lost the dressing room?

Satchmo

1 hour ago, eyes open said:

Really ..This is the Original post above and what nonsense .

We are in a mess and the guys just in the door with fresh eyes,He,s seeing what a lot of fans and pundits have for the last two seasons . A squad of players with limited ability but big wage packets .

We are in a mess due to Anne Budges failure as a chairman to lead our club without letting personal loyalties get in the way ..

He's 100% correct in calling out some of the players we have on our books , If it upsets them then it,s just another example of how soft they are . 

GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE TO SORT IT !! four games in and this roaster is asking the above question .. Have a word with yourself... 

Doesn’t matter how many games in, he could have still lost the dressing room and the players will to graft for him. I’m not blaming the guy or criticizing him, just stating what it looks like.  The players are 100% to blame. 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• kingantti1874

• Jambo-Fox

• Enzo Chiefo

Startling that the utter drongos who supported Levein to the bitter death are already sharpening the knives for Stendel.

Shameless.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’d have a review at the end of his probationary period!

He's signed a 2 1/2 year contract and you're effectively writing him off after a few games with our "players".

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’d have a review at the end of his probationary period!

When's his probationary  period finish ?

Once he gets his players in ?

Or once he gets his assistants  in?

These are 2 things we need to allow him to do then give him time to work on the training ground

13 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

He's signed a 2 1/2 year contract and you're effectively writing him off after a few games with our "players".

It would be a normal end of probationary review .....

The senior players arent happy.  Anyone who saw our warm up should be really worried.  Maybe its just that DS hasn't got his back team in but at the moment its all a mess. 

Henrysmithstaxi
11 minutes ago, jambocub said:

When's his probationary  period finish ?

Once he gets his players in ?

Or once he gets his assistants  in?

These are 2 things we need to allow him to do then give him time to work on the training ground

I now believe I’ve been looking at this from the wrong perspective over the weekend and now agree we must back DS.

At present we’ve hired Klopp and given him a bunch of pensioners and blokes off the street to manage and the chuckle brothers as his coaching team.

Some fundamental changes need to be made very quickly in the squad and coaching staff, to give DS any chance.

That group of players couldn’t find their way out of the dressing room with a map, so they were already well lost beyond finding. Wholesale changes needed.

11 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

The senior players arent happy.  Anyone who saw our warm up should be really worried.  Maybe its just that DS hasn't got his back team in but at the moment its all a mess. 

What was wrong with our warm up mate? 

11 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Hoping they all put in transfer requests rather than mope about like a bunch of wee bitches. At least a friendly ear is at hand to listen to their woes, the guys who signed them.

On 26/12/2019 at 15:32, Jean Louis Valois said:

I'd back Daniel Stendel everyday over this squad of players. Hopefully Berra is right behind him but if he's not it wouldn't surprise me. Perry Kitchen was a better captain than him and that's saying something. 

hes got two years to sort this mess out if no i say go for robbo and give the youngins a chance

portobellojambo1
On 26/12/2019 at 15:28, Satchmo said:

Getting worried the man has lost the dressing room already. Whelan, Mulraney and his criticism of Berra and other senior players in the press. Granted these huddies deserve all the criticism directed at them, but if you need them to play and they have downed tools, we’re in deep shit.

If the players you mention are unhappy the answer is very simple, they managed to find their way into Tynecastle and getting out just involves reversing that route. After yesterday I think many of them are actually here based on lies, because very few of those on show yesterday have the right to refer to themselves as football players.

Guest ToqueJambo

The players will probably just be adjusting. Someone like Berra will be hurting big style. His career is basically vanishing with every game he plays - just hasn't been the same since his injury. Feel sorry for him as pre injury he was one of the best defenders in the league. I'm not sure how inspiring a captain he can be in that situation. Michael Smith is the obvious fit replacement captain. 

Stendel's hands are tied right now partly down to not being able to sign players yet and partly because - and I get some are fed up with hearing this - he's still been missing 4, 5 or more first picks.

In an ideal world, Souttar and Halkett would have formed a partnership by now, Haring would be anchoring midfield and Naismith and Washington would be linking play up front. Other teams in the league have lost maybe 2 of those type of key players, not 5 all at once like us, and that's on top of injuries to Berra, Uche and others that stopped the team in its tracks after we were top of the league. Seems a lifetime ago.

Stendel's dilemma will be "do I wait and hope for the injured players to recover" or " do I make some decisions about players - injured or not - and revamp the squad January". The fact is we don't have the budget to sign like for like replacements for the 4 or 5 injured key replacements. We never have. The encouraging thing is Stendel is getting more from some of the reserve players so far than Levein did, even if he's not getting the points.

I suspect we'll release a couple and sign some stop gap loans in January - forward, winger, and CD and maybe goalie although quality - and players who are match fit - is hard to find in January. He could do worse than release some of the squad and play more youngsters for the rest of this season. Fans will cut him some slack in that scenario, although with some of our fans these days you never know.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Glamorgan Jambo

Daniel should use an interpreter at his media appearances. His English is I'm sure pretty near perfect and he should have little problem communicating with the players but TV etc is a different game and there's huge dangers of misinterpretation (his post match Sky interview was a shocker IMO) and given the well established boys club mentality of the Scottish sports media it is a relatively simple way to remove one source of unneeded pressure.

Pochettino used one for years without anyone seriously questioning him.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Daniel should use an interpreter at his media appearances. His English is I'm sure pretty near perfect and he should have little problem communicating with the players but TV etc is a different game and there's huge dangers of misinterpretation (his post match Sky interview was a shocker IMO) and given the well established boys club mentality of the Scottish sports media it is a relatively simple way to remove one source of unneeded pressure.

Pochettino used one for years without anyone seriously questioning him.

Has the Sportsound Brain Trust passed their opinion on Arsenal appointing a foreign manager with zero management experience yet?

Glamorgan Jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Has the Sportsound Brain Trust passed their opinion on Arsenal appointing a foreign manager with zero management experience yet?

No they haven't because firstly they know no one would pay the slightest attention to them and secondly his two seasons at Ibrox almost twenty years ago will, in their minds, have set him up for any job in football anywhere.

PS there are quite a few more than the MENSA candidates at Sportsound out there.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The players will probably just be adjusting. Someone like Berra will be hurting big style. His career is basically vanishing with every game he plays - just hasn't been the same since his injury. Feel sorry for him as pre injury he was one of the best defenders in the league. I'm not sure how inspiring a captain he can be in that situation. Michael Smith is the obvious fit replacement captain. 

Stendel's hands are tied right now partly down to not being able to sign players yet and partly because - and I get some are fed up with hearing this - he's still been missing 4, 5 or more first picks.

In an ideal world, Souttar and Halkett would have formed a partnership by now, Haring would be anchoring midfield and Naismith and Washington would be linking play up front. Other teams in the league have lost maybe 2 of those type of key players, not 5 all at once like us, and that's on top of injuries to Berra, Uche and others that stopped the team in its tracks after we were top of the league. Seems a lifetime ago.

Stendel's dilemma will be "do I wait and hope for the injured players to recover" or " do I make some decisions about players - injured or not - and revamp the squad January". The fact is we don't have the budget to sign like for like replacements for the 4 or 5 injured key replacements. We never have. The encouraging thing is Stendel is getting more from some of the reserve players so far than Levein did, even if he's not getting the points.

I suspect we'll release a couple and sign some stop gap loans in January - forward, winger, and CD and maybe goalie although quality - and players who are match fit - is hard to find in January. He could do worse than release some of the squad and play more youngsters for the rest of this season. Fans will cut him some slack in that scenario, although with some of our fans these days you never know.

You do know we are favourites to go down . 

Stendel can't afford to ***** about with youngsters that are clearly miles away ( Keena, Henderson etc). He needs to pull a few rabbits out the hat in January as a bare minimum and hope some of the sick note jokers make a sustained appearance. 

I don't fancy his chances of turning this round in the short term unless he gets lucky in the window . Herculean task . 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

most folk knew just bringing Stendel in wasnt gonna solve the problems

Yeah, he still has to cope with key players being out injured like Levein and McPhee. There's no easy solution to that, especially for someone new to the game here and the Hearts players. For me, even though results have been terrible, the main difference is Levein was never a long-term thing. He always felt like an experienced stop-gap caretaker and I wish with hindsight that had been his role from the start: Give him the remit to steady the ship for one season, which he did in his first season. Maybe starting the next season so well led Budge (and people like me) to have faith Levein could still do it for us. Stendel with his own assistants and team and signing players to suit his game is an exciting prospect and something to look forward to.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You do know we are favourites to go down . 

Stendel can't afford to ***** about with youngsters that are clearly miles away ( Keena, Henderson etc). He needs to pull a few rabbits out the hat in January as a bare minimum and hope some of the sick note jokers make a sustained appearance. 

I don't fancy his chances of turning this round in the short term unless he gets lucky in the window . Herculean task . 

I don't consider us favourites to go down unless we don't get the injured players back, but Stendel's an unknown so who knows. Naismith, Haring, Souttar, Halkett, Washington and before them Berra and Uche have all had very serious long-term injuries. Who are the sick note jokers?

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not that impressed with him on sportsound there. Sounds detached from reality.  

The **** you  still hanging around here for ? Bolt

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not that impressed with him on sportsound there. Sounds detached from reality.  

I have to bow to your expertise in such matters.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, he still has to cope with key players being out injured like Levein and McPhee. There's no easy solution to that, especially for someone new to the game here and the Hearts players. For me, even though results have been terrible, the main difference is Levein was never a long-term thing. He always felt like an experienced stop-gap caretaker and I wish with hindsight that had been his role from the start: Give him the remit to steady the ship for one season, which he did in his first season. Maybe starting the next season so well led Budge (and people like me) to have faith Levein could still do it for us. Stendel with his own assistants and team and signing players to suit his game is an exciting prospect and something to look forward to.

Hopefully

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Realistically there will not be a massive change in the squad in January. It would take him most most likely 3+ transfer windows to completely transform this squad. With the squad we have we will either stay up or go down but .....

...... If a Jim Jeffries / Garry Locke combo were in charge of this squad it would be good enough to stay up!

If Pepe f’n Guardiola was in charge of THIS squad we’d be toiling! 
“We’ll either stay up or go down”

D’ya think?

SectionDJambo

Instead of asking if Daniel Stendel has lost the dressing room, most of us should be asking if we've lost our marbles, reading some of the trolling drivel that has covered these pages.

Nothing brings out the trolls, imposters and loonies better than a Hibs win at Tynecastle.

Thank goodness those don't happen a lot. 

12 years ago David Murray backed the wrong horse by siding with wee Barry and the Monster Munch bunch over Paul Le Guen.  AB needs to ensure that she fully supports Stendel even it upsets Berra, Whelan, Levein, his pal Colquhoun and all the rest of the dross that have made a packet out of our club and delivered very little. Clear the lot of them out.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Realistically there will not be a massive change in the squad in January. It would take him most most likely 3+ transfer windows to completely transform this squad. With the squad we have we will either stay up or go down but .....

...... If a Jim Jeffries / Garry Locke combo were in charge of this squad it would be good enough to stay up!

JJ was never an option. My favourite safe option was always an immediate appointment of Robbo. There's no way we would be where we are with him in charge. But for some reasons ex-Hearts players are a no-no these days, despite clubs as massive as Arsenal, Celtic, Man Utd and Chelsea seeing the value a much loved ex-player as manager can bring. That said, I like Stendel, even if it was on the riskier side. My main worry is will fans give him the time he obviously needs?

Edited by ToqueJambo

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

12 years ago David Murray backed the wrong horse by siding with wee Barry and the Monster Munch bunch over Paul Le Guen.  AB needs to ensure that she fully supports Stendel even it upsets Berra, Whelan, Levein, his pal Colquhoun and all the rest of the dross that have made a packet out of our club and delivered very little. Clear the lot of them out.

If Budge backs Stendel with a huge budget in January, clears out loads of the coaches and players, then we get relegated. She’ll get absolutely slated for backing him. Most likely by you and the others calling for the credit card to be unleashed!

27 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If Pepe f’n Guardiola was in charge of THIS squad we’d be toiling! 
“We’ll either stay up or go down”

D’ya think?

I don’t agree with you, I believe that with the correct manager we will stay up. You think otherwise, that’s your opinion to which you are entitled. I hope you are wrong and Hearts don’t get relegated.

Personal view....I think it's early doors to be talking about losing the dressing room. I think players are doing what they can to adapt but some will have to undo 20 years of how they've played football up to now. That's changing mental memory and muscle memory / instinct.

on paper we have players most other teams would desire - I'm referencing Berra, Whelan, Damour (pls cast your mind back to when we signed them).

am sure Budge will give funds to Stendel to bring his own players in....but I do expect him to 'convert' existing players (a la Clare) to become key players in his first team.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If Budge backs Stendel with a huge budget in January, clears out loads of the coaches and players, then we get relegated. She’ll get absolutely slated for backing him. Most likely by you and the others calling for the credit card to be unleashed!

Not at all. I was referring to moral support and, obviously it involves financial support too, by emptying the failures that have got us into this position and allowing DS to bring his own coaches in. Prerty much the way any normal football club operates 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Brauhauser2012
On 26/12/2019 at 15:28, Satchmo said:

Getting worried the man has lost the dressing room already. Whelan, Mulraney and his criticism of Berra and other senior players in the press. Granted these huddies deserve all the criticism directed at them, but if you need them to play and they have downed tools, we’re in deep shit.

Did you not see the video of the players sitting down when he tried to introduce himself. Smith stood up to shake his hand but half the team sitting before him didn't get up. It spoke volumes. No respect.

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

I don’t agree with you, I believe that with the correct manager we will stay up. You think otherwise, that’s your opinion to which you are entitled. I hope you are wrong and Hearts don’t get relegated.

I believe we have the correct manager.

I believe he will bring in some players

I believe he will drop some

I believe he will promote some

I believe he will improve some

I believe we will stay up

With THIS squad we won’t. There are too many cowards, weaklings, injured unfit players and too many simply not up for the fight that will be required or with the ability to help

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not at all. I was referring to moral support and, obviously it involves financial support too, by emptying the failures that have got us into this position and allowing DS to bring his own coaches in. Prerty much the way any normal football club operates 

Trying to entirely change our footballing philosophy, half our squad, all our coaches and simultaneously fight a relegation battle; is most likely going to end in disaster. At which point Stendel will be away and we’ll be back where we started back in 2014, just now with a new stand.

1 minute ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Did you not see the video of the players sitting down when he tried to introduce himself. Smith stood up to shake his hand but half the team sitting before him didn't get up. It spoke volumes. No respect.

Can you post this video?

Brauhauser2012
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I believe we have the correct manager.

I believe he will bring in some players

I believe he will drop some

I believe he will promote some

I believe he will improve some

I believe we will stay up

With THIS squad we won’t. There are too many cowards, weaklings, injured unfit players and too many simply not up for the fight that will be required or with the ability to help

Why they are unfit half way through the season is somewhat surprising. But they obviously are 'cause they can't play for 90 minutes. I'm starting to suspect some claim to be injured when they are fine just to escape playing.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Trying to entirely change our footballing philosophy, half our squad, all our coaches and simultaneously fight a relegation battle; is most likely going to end in disaster. At which point Stendel will be away and we’ll be back where we started back in 2014, just now with a new stand.

Ffs, Stephen Robinson changed his footballing philosophy mid season last term while in a similar position to us now. He also  introduced the youngsters and was rewarded with an unbeaten run that saw them climb the table. This year he has them sitting 3rd at the halfway point. Why is it only Hearts and an element of our support that are so reluctant to change and so happy to wallow in mediocrity??

1 minute ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Why they are unfit half way through the season is somewhat surprising. But they obviously are 'cause they can't play for 90 minutes. I'm starting to suspect some claim to be injured when they are fine just to escape playing.

They are unfit because they haven’t been trained properly IMO. We’ve had 5 or 6 coaches strolling about with clipboards, analysing this and practicing that and THIS is what we’ve been left with 

7 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

that's not losing a dressing room; that's just the mentality before he had even started. 

2 hours ago, RonnieG said:

What senior players aint happy except  Whelan  ?

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ffs, Stephen Robinson changed his footballing philosophy mid season last term while in a similar position to us now. He also  introduced the youngsters and was rewarded with an unbeaten run that saw them climb the table. This year he has them sitting 3rd at the halfway point. Why is it only Hearts and an element of our support that are so reluctant to change and so happy to wallow in mediocrity??

Robinson has been at Motherwell since March 2017 though? 

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can you post this video?

There is little point in watching it. It was staged for the cameras so was in no way a reflection of how any of the players acted when he actually met them for the first time.

There will be players in that dressing room sympathetic to levein, and having him around feeds into that. Get him to **** and give Stendel the best possible chance. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Robinson has been at Motherwell since March 2017 though? 

He changed the playing style midcseason, though. How long he has been at the club is irrelevant.  

Holyrood_Hearts
38 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Instead of asking if Daniel Stendel has lost the dressing room, most of us should be asking if we've lost our marbles, reading some of the trolling drivel that has covered these pages.

Nothing brings out the trolls, imposters and loonies better than a Hibs win at Tynecastle.

Thank goodness those don't happen a lot. 

Unfortunately it’s not just on here. I follow a couple Hearts fans pages on Facebook & they are the exact same. We have some absolute idiots in our support that appear to know **** all on anything football wise.