Has Stendel lost the dressing room?

Satchmo

18 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Thought it was quite noticable at the goal, Smith waving at every outfield player who wasn't in the huddle to come and get involved.  

Noticed this aswell. Brilliant

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• kingantti1874

• Jambo-Fox

• Enzo Chiefo

On 26/12/2019 at 15:28, Satchmo said:

Getting worried the man has lost the dressing room already. Whelan, Mulraney and his criticism of Berra and other senior players in the press. Granted these huddies deserve all the criticism directed at them, but if you need them to play and they have downed tools, we’re in deep shit.

Hows the Jack Ross dressing room today bud?

On 26/12/2019 at 15:28, Satchmo said:

Getting worried the man has lost the dressing room already. Whelan, Mulraney and his criticism of Berra and other senior players in the press. Granted these huddies deserve all the criticism directed at them, but if you need them to play and they have downed tools, we’re in deep shit.

Based on today would you like to provide an answer to your own question.

45 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It canny, too busy greetin’ in the Livingston McDonalds, they’re just the same utter shite.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Stendel will be very interested who of our long term injuries will be fit before the end of next month. 

Players that are not fit by end of January will be looking over their shoulders imo. 

This guy is no soft touch unlike our former manager who said so and so will be back in 2 weeks and we're out for months. 

Probably the most disappointing thing about me with Levein. Going soft Samson without hair.

Stendel making an example of Whelan and dropping Berra will prove to be motivation 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This thread is proof that this place has gone down the pan so far that it can't be retrieved.

Aren’t you the man to quell this nonsense?

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Aren’t you the man to quell this nonsense?

I think the players did a good job of doing that themselves today 👍

jack D and coke
Just now, Notts1874 said:

I think the players did a good job of doing that themselves today 👍

Yes they did brother👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This thread is proof that this place has gone down the pan so far that it can't be retrieved.

You have been saying that for a few years now.

10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Today’s team looks good - doesn’t look broken to me! 

Today's team managed to put enough effort in to get the fans back on side.  And also get a point 

A lot more than what's happened with these super senior players you seem to back to the hilt 

Lost the dressing room .... Aye, ok 🙄

Calling out the players that have been part of the overall problem and some folk panicking as a result. The players that did play today, played for him, and all to a man 

9 hours ago, R08813 said:

Saw Stendel at Rose Street after the game and the Xmas markets, whole family kitted out in hearts scarves and stopped for a photo, really nice guy 

Great to hear this.  Lots of work to be done over the next few weeks, but hopefully he gets some time off to settle in and get to know Edinburgh better.  

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Thought it was quite noticable at the goal, Smith waving at every outfield player who wasn't in the huddle to come and get involved.  

Yes......forgot about that.  Was just as good as the Clare applause going off.

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, Tatlock said:

Los tiempo  van cambiando verdad 

Seen that logo up on the wall at Edinburgh castle.......”chariots keep to the left” no?

9 hours ago, Castle rock said:

It's simple for the players your either with Stendal or pack your bags  🛍 

Perfect summary. 👍

Thread finisher. 

12 hours ago, JCR said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Naismith sees Budge as a ‘money mark’ (Carny term meaning business owners who know nothing about the business they are in and as such can easily be exploited by employees.) 

Naismith's a classy guy who serves dinner to the homeless on Christmas day, I'd be really really surprised, especially as he could have earned more elsewhere. 

23 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Mods do the decent thing and clear these shitty threads from the forum, Hobos shit stirring and the clowns in our support bite along with the other shit stirrers.

Coburg Hearts
On 27/12/2019 at 23:23, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve not lost to Aberdeen in Edinburgh for a long time, that will be rectified on Sunday. 

Still sure about that?

Coburg Hearts
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Was that witty post, worth spending two days dreaming up?

First time I've been on here since Thursday, and reading this thread, and in particular your pathetic posts, reminds me why I stayed away. 

There was nothing witty about my previous post. You said Aberdeen would beat Hearts, and I was asking if you were sure about that. A touch of sarcasm, perhaps, but not witty, unlike your utter ramblings which are hilarious, tbh.

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Was that witty post, worth spending two days dreaming up?

You sound disappointed that we never lost

21 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

First time I've been on here since Thursday, and reading this thread, and in particular your pathetic posts, reminds me why I stayed away. 

There was nothing witty about my previous post. You said Aberdeen would beat Hearts, and I was asking if you were sure about that. A touch of sarcasm, perhaps, but not witty, unlike your utter ramblings which are hilarious, tbh.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ...

16 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You sound disappointed that we never lost

What specific words did you infer that from?

Only team I was disappointed to see win was Hamilton!

On 29/12/2019 at 18:00, JamboAl said:

Based on today I’d say no. Based on the previous games I’d have said yes. The thread was a question and for us to debate, not a statement. I don’t get all the agro and abuse received for a simple question and debate from some members. I also don’t appreciate the snide remarks about being a hobo either.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Satchmo said:

Based on today I’d say no. Based on the previous games I’d have said yes. The thread was a question and for us to debate, not a statement. I don’t get all the agro and abuse received for a simple question and debate from some members. I also don’t appreciate the snide remarks about being a hobo either.

How do you lose a dressing room before you've even won it?

57 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do you lose a dressing room before you've even won it?

You can’t! Has he won the dressing room? Feels like in the last week he is making progress!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

With respect it seemed an odd question re a manager just newly appointed and even more odd from someone in the States.  How many of his games have you seen?

We all receive a bit of aggro and abuse from time to time and if you can't handle it I reckon this forum is not for you.

37 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

With respect it seemed an odd question re a manager just newly appointed and even more odd from someone in the States.  How many of his games have you seen?

We all receive a bit of aggro and abuse from time to time and if you can't handle it I reckon this forum is not for you.

I watch the games through Hearts website. I didn’t think it was all that odd of a question. We had the Mulraney incident giving the gaffer the finger. Then the Whelan and Berra fallouts. I thought it was at least worth debating. As for the abuse, I can’t handle abuse, I just thought it a bit unnecessary to be labeled a Hobo based on this thread.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's not like Chelsea where you have a raft of talent holding a grudge. 

A few ageing past their best and a couple lucky ever to have set foot in the door was not going to be a problem. 

Having the nuts to drop Berra will be his making. Whelan fairly inconsequential bar Easter Road,  handy one to show the door. Berra much tougher call, the right one,  he made it and he will prosper for it

13 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Does U.S.A stand for Up Someone's Arse?

What you do in the comfort of your own living room is your business. I don’t swing that way. I’m sure you’ll find someone willing though. Good luck mate 👍

rudi must stay
On 29/12/2019 at 21:13, Space Pirate said:

Stendel's team talk "you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone" 

His team talk

"It's your Daniel here, you must play better"

Walks out followed by his 2 bodyguards. This is the ritual every match 

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

What you do in the comfort of your own living room is your business. I don’t swing that way. I’m sure you’ll find someone willing though. Good luck mate 👍

No need to get all defensive, mate.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You can’t! Has he won the dressing room? Feels like in the last week he is making progress!

Based on what he's getting out of certain players and the way he comes across, I'd say he's well on the way.

There will be a few sad faces in the dressing room however they won’t be the ones starting games.

It will be the those facing up to the prospect of getting shipped out to some random club with terrible managers, fans and support.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

There will be a few sad faces in the dressing room however they won’t be the ones starting games.

It will be the those facing up to the prospect of getting shipped out to some random club with terrible managers, fans and support.

And probably a lot less money than they are getting now.