Has Stendel lost the dressing room?

Satchmo

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

In no way, shape, or form were we the ‘better team’ when hibs beat us at Tynecastle last season.

St J game - DS had been in door 4 days.

Hamilton away we dominated first half completely and had more attempts at goal than in god knows how many previous away matches under CL/AM.

Goalkeeper and defensive frailties coupled with strikers who are quite frankly, appalling, are the problem.

The above was created by one man and your continued attempts to discredit DS in the manner in which you have is ****in shameful.

I believe that DS will be able to get players in to cover the vulnerable positions. 

I like his philosophy and its a long time since I have seen Hearts take the game to the opposition in the way they have in the last three games. 

Perhaps we might have got the odd point by playing more conservatively but with the defence so vulnerable probably not. 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• kingantti1874

• Jambo-Fox

• Enzo Chiefo

The_razors_edge
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Those modest achievements are still more than nothing though, aren’t they? Stendel

will soon have had the same number of games as MacPhee ...

Given the money and time spent and wasted it isn’t/wasn’t enough. If you want to defend their woeful record over a 2 year period and use it as some sort of yardstick/benchmark to batter the new manager with you bash on. 

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

I couldn't possibly count the utter shite you're chatting on here, if you're comparing Stendel's run with none of his own players, own coaches, in a difficult run of games played in one month aftr having about a week to show them his style of play with this squad, to MacPhee who knows the players well, was personally involved in signing some of them and knows the coaching staff well and the players training regimes, the facilities etcetcetc, then you are clearly a troll or just absolutely mental 

It is a generally held belief that MacPhee is ‘useless’ and part of the problem. He managed to get a win and a draw. Where does that leave us now?

1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

Given the money and time spent and wasted it isn’t/wasn’t enough. If you want to defend their woeful record over a 2 year period and use it as some sort of yardstick/benchmark to batter the new manager with you bash on. 

Who else would you compare Stendel to, if not the previous incumbent? All we can do is compare Stendel’s results to the corresponding fixture under Levein. So far, thy suggests regression, rather than progression. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47756961

Match report says otherwise ...

Other than the first 30 mins, Hibs were better that day. More clinical anyhow. It was a decent, action-packed game though and no-one would have complained if it had been a draw. Hibs first goal shouldn't have stood though. In fact, I can't think of a single break we got on the pitch with Levein as manager, although we must have had some. The timing of some crazy decisions - Morales offside, St J penalty etc - on top of our injuries was very frustrating. You can in a way understand Levein, and Budge, thinking we'd get a break to turn things around at some point but we never got it. Just more injuries this season.

I hope Daniel has some lucky socks or something because we've had no luck since the league cup semi Naisy got injured in.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who else would you compare Stendel to, if not the previous incumbent? All we can do is compare Stendel’s results to the corresponding fixture under Levein. So far, thy suggests regression, rather than progression. 

Embarrassing. 

baron of ness

It is a generally held belief that MacPhee is ‘useless’ and part of the problem. He managed to get a win and a draw. Where does that leave us now?

What's that got to do about Stendel?

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don't believe he is useless but we are invested in a new manager. 

The old guard have had their time we need to look forward and support the new guy. That means money to buy players and bring in his own trusted staff. 

If Mrs Budge is not prepared to do this then why did she bother spending so much time and effort to get DS in ? 

If Daniel felt that either Austin or Craig could be helpful to him then fair enough 

but it is entirely up to Daniel. 

If relegation and building again is the price to pay for ridding us of the stench of the previous management team then so be it. I'm convinced it won't come to that if Budge backs Stendel to bring his own coaches and a couple of players too. Whatever happens he deserves the same time and loyalty that Levein was granted by the board.

3 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

What's that got to do about Stendel?

Merely as illustrative comparison between the last two Hearts managers ...

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Merely as illustrative comparison between the last two Hearts managers ...

Craig, turn it in, your a gobshite and everybody knows you are.

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They really didn’t. A sea change happened in the support when we lost to Hibs in the Scottish Cup.

How long would you give him? A few more consecutive losses and we could be in a situation we can’t recover from. If we spend a lot of money in January on players and coaches, then sack him later it’s even more of a mess. My it instinct says this isn’t going to work out for either party.

:facepalm:  Get a grip ffs 

3 hours ago, Whatever said:

I’d be interested to know if Mr E attends Hearts games on a regular basis.

His arguments are all very stat based.

Clearly doesn’t attend Hearts games at all 

3 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I couldn't possibly count the utter shite you're chatting on here, if you're comparing Stendel's run with none of his own players, own coaches, in a difficult run of games played in one month aftr having about a week to show them his style of play with this squad, to MacPhee who knows the players well, was personally involved in signing some of them and knows the coaching staff well and the players training regimes, the facilities etcetcetc, then you are clearly a troll or just absolutely mental 

This is spot on 👍🏼

5 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

And do you believe that is Stendel's fault, because I certainly don't. We've not suddenly become an uncompetitive side over the last month or so, what we have discovered is there are a lot of players who look as if they are not suited to playing the type of style he wants to introduce, in fact some of them look as if they struggle to play football full stop. What he is trying to do isn't rocket science, he wants us to press further up the park. For someone employed as a professional footballer it shouldn't be a difficult transition. The present problems at Tynecastle certainly involve the activities of a manager, but not the current manager.

Brilliant post as ever mate 👍

8 hours ago, Deodato said:

I agree Gambo, Martin T is being selective at best and naive at worst. 

If we work with the analogy of 'when the rot set in' - well clearly the previous landlord would compare more favourably to the current one. You would have to be a total twat to compare past with present and ignore the  source of terminal decline. 

#stendelforthewin

Martin T is being nothing of the sort, read back through the sequence of posts.

I await your apology in due course.

4 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

:facepalm:  Get a grip ffs 

Clearly doesn’t attend Hearts games at all 

This is spot on 👍🏼

I’ve been at all three home games, thus far.

Hearts v St Johnstone 
Hearts v Celtic 
Hearts v Hibs

Which corresponding game under Levein gives you such optimism that Stendel is the right man for the current job?

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hearts v St Johnstone 
Hearts v Celtic 
Hearts v Hibs

Which corresponding game under Levein gives you such optimism that Stendel is the right man for the current job?

Your point was that he’s not the man for the job when he’s not even started to put his stamp on the squad yet?! None of these are his signings and he’s working without his own back room staff just now, give the guy a chance ffs! Unbelievable honestly.

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hearts v St Johnstone 
Hearts v Celtic 
Hearts v Hibs

If you had a season ticket you’d have been at every home game this season.

@Mr Elwood P your up early to start your Stendel oot campaign again.

I'm still trying to figure you out.

Before he had even picked a side, you claimed Uche was already surplus. I still find that a strange statement. Are you ITK/insider or just a chancer/wum.

Anyway, CL is still high in your esteem. Have you actually wiped his performances, particularly this season from your memory?

Ross Co, Hamilton, Livingston, Motherwell, St Johnstone.

It could not go on, it was ****ing dreadful. The man and his trusty sidekick should be anywhere near the club and will continue to drag us down s long as they remain.

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Very selective, we were second bottom when he was hired having won 2 home games since March.

As I've said numerous times, until he gets his coaching staff in, and until the previous coaching team are gone, it's a farcical situation almost without precedent.

:spoton:

14 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Daniel should use an interpreter at his media appearances. His English is I'm sure pretty near perfect and he should have little problem communicating with the players but TV etc is a different game and there's huge dangers of misinterpretation (his post match Sky interview was a shocker IMO) and given the well established boys club mentality of the Scottish sports media it is a relatively simple way to remove one source of unneeded pressure.

Pochettino used one for years without anyone seriously questioning him.

His English is far from perfect but has come on loads since he came to Barnsley. I listened to his interview and it is clear the interviewers are pushing him into answers he doesn't really understand. If he had Stern with him it would be a massive help language wise.

However all credit to him for attempting it, the only way to get fluent is to use it all the time.

49 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hearts v St Johnstone 
Hearts v Celtic 
Hearts v Hibs

You have some cheek mate in all honesty 

It’s more important for you that you try and discredit Stendel because your still sitting in your house, seething, because you cannot handle the fact that your precious Craig failed miserably in his tenure and therefore you put to one side, the resultant damage, that has been done to the club, which in your eyes doesn’t seem to matter 

Stendel doesn’t even have his own backroom team in place but not even a mention of that from you.

Double standards all the way and you can’t even give a fraction of backing to your “new” gaffer, than you did for the old one. 

Just remember if we go down this season there will be one man who has blood on his hands and that won’t be Stendel. 

There are a few folk posting on this thread also who gave CL a lot of backing but are now at least giving the new gaffer half a chance.

Take a leaf out of their book and get over the fact that you supported a failure and were completely wrong in your judgement. You can be completely wrong with things - it’s ok to admit that 

kingantti1874
54 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes ...

And you don’t think in the last 3 we’ve been better than under levein..😂

then your clueless, absolutely ****ing clueless

if Stendel doesn’t improve us by summer fair enough but after 4 games . That is unbelievably embarrassing.. your coming across like one of those BBC xenophobes.. 

he’s not going anywhere anyway before the summer At the very earliest so why don’t you cut the pointless whinging and give the guy an opportunity to succeed.. 

10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We hadn’t lost at Tynecastle to St Johnstone in years. Hibs had just skelped them 1-4. We’ve not lost to Aberdeen in Edinburgh for a long time, that will be rectified on Sunday. 

You hope. It will really suit your odd agenda.

How anyone, and I’m talking as a fan who gave CL a lot more time than most can still fight his corner is beyond me. He failed to adequately address our weaknesses. He failed to come up with a system which could win us games without Steven Naismith. He consistently failed to change a system that every manager in the league had sussed out and knew how to play against and, most damning in my opinion he failed to address our chronic lack of pace and goals in 2 windows.

When he was appointed I thought he would make us harder to beat. He briefly did but the decline, which began when Naismith hobbled off at Murrayfield was never halted. 
I don’t believe he’ll ever manage again.

His scouting system baffles me and I don’t know if MacPhee is responsible for that. We brought in so many players who, initially look decent and just got worse with each game. Something was definitely not right.

In my opinion, and it’s only an opinion there were far too many chiefs farting about with clipboards and stats and focus was terminally lost. 
I held out for signs of improvement that just didn’t come. He had to go. The coaching system had to change and, most importantly we need to sign better, more energetic and stronger players who are up for the fight we are now in

Edited by Jamhammer

The_razors_edge
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

But we’re not comparing like for like are we? CL and AM had over 2 years to build the squad of players and develop a successful playing style (arf arf) however the result was shit tons of money wasted on utter dross that had us 10th/11th when they left. Had CL and AM done a fantastic job, got themselves another job on the back of their work and had the left a cracking group of playing sitting say 3rd or 4th and Stendel has come in and lost 4 games on the bounce I would agree with you. But we’ve been shite for 12 months...

20 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It’s more important for you that you try and discredit Stendel because your still sitting in your house, seething, because you cannot handle the fact that your precious Craig failed miserably in his tenure and therefore you put to one side, the resultant damage, that has been done to the club, which in your eyes doesn’t seem to matter 

Stendel doesn’t even have his own backroom team in place but not even a mention of that from you.

Double standards all the way and you can’t even give a fraction of backing to your “new” gaffer, than you did for the old one. 

Just remember if we go down this season there will be one man who has blood on his hands and that won’t be Stendel. 

There are a few folk posting on this thread also who gave CL a lot of backing but are now at least giving the new gaffer half a chance.

Take a leaf out of their book and get over the fact that you supported a failure and were completely wrong in your judgement. You can be completely wrong with things - it’s ok to admit that 

Well said

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don't believe he is useless but we are invested in a new manager. 

The old guard have had their time we need to look forward and support the new guy. That means money to buy players and bring in his own trusted staff. 

If Mrs Budge is not prepared to do this then why did she bother spending so much time and effort to get DS in ? 

If Daniel felt that either Austin or Craig could be helpful to him then fair enough 

but it is entirely up to Daniel. 

35 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Well said.  Excellent post.

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The trolling is strong on this thread.

It's the only explanation Geoff. 

How can anyone who backed the old regime grudge the new guy a proper chance to sort things out. 

Has to be an agenda imo. 

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What a ridiculous collection of words. 

59 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And you don’t think in the last 3 we’ve been better than under levein..😂

then your clueless, absolutely ****ing clueless

if Stendel doesn’t improve us by summer fair enough but after 4 games . That is unbelievably embarrassing.. your coming across like one of those BBC xenophobes.. 

he’s not going anywhere anyway before the summer At the very earliest so why don’t you cut the pointless whinging and give the guy an opportunity to succeed.. 

Which part of losing three consecutive home matches and scoring zero goals has been better? This particular point has yet to be addressed. Levein gave Celtic a far tougher game when we were down to 10 men last season. 

Stendel won’t be here by the summer ...

21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Which part of losing three consecutive home matches and scoring zero goals has been better? This particular point has yet to be addressed. Levein gave Celtic a far tougher game when we were down to 10 men last season. 

Your manna from heaven for the media who already are trying to discredit DS, 

Seriously if your a real Hearts fan give it a rest , The guys just in the door dealing with a real messed up squad left to him by the two guys your defending.

Hallett,s quoted as saying they he's making a difference already ,FFS, give the guy a chance instead of you being Billy Big Baw,s trying to discredit him .

20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Like someone said your comparing two different things ‘ if you could stand back and afford Daniel the free reign that levein enjoyed you might start to see the bigger picture ‘ but you have an agenda you don’t want to see him do well only you can tell us why ?

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Well said and I agree but your dealing with someone with issues , i.e. Mr E .lol. 

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Mate stop. You were completely and utterly relentless yesterday I’ve never seen anything like it on this board. Every time I came on yesterday ebery thread was littered with your posts. You seemed to have been posting every couple of minutes yesterday for the ENTIRE day. 
Bizarre from a supposed Hearts fan. We get you have doubts but ffs. 

8 minutes ago, eyes open said:

Your manna from heaven for the media who already are trying to discredit DS, 

Seriously if your a real Hearts fan give it a rest , The guys just in the door dealing with a real messed up squad left to him by the two guys your defending.

Hallett,s quoted as saying they he's making a difference already ,FFS, give the guy a chance instead of you being Billy Big Baw,s trying to discredit him .

Can you rewrite that in English for me?

4 minutes ago, eyes open said:

Well said and I agree but your dealing with someone with issues , i.e. Mr E .lol. 

Also refrain from pathetic snide dig or at least have the courage to quote me in them!

6 minutes ago, Marky mark said:

Like someone said your comparing two different things ‘ if you could stand back and afford Daniel the free reign that levein enjoyed you might start to see the bigger picture ‘ but you have an agenda you don’t want to see him do well only you can tell us why ?

We don’t have the luxury of giving anyone a free reign now. That is the real issue. We are currently a few results away from a position that we cannot recover from. My concern is that Stendel is publicly critical of senior players, fallen out with Whelan completely and then trying to galvanise whatever is left for a relegation battle.

Just now, eyes open said:

I really couldn’t F...... care who he is, or what his agenda is because his true colours are now shining brightly

There are genuine supporters, frauds, trolls and hobos in this place. All sorts.

Some of these posts are fecking sinister to say the least and it makes me spew just reading them at times. 

It’s a forum for Jambos and the frauds And trolls should just get to f... 

Imagine Spending time on a forum pretending to be something else. It’s sad, really f..... sad 😡

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I really couldn’t F...... care who he is, or what his agenda is because his true colours are now shining brightly

There are genuine supporters, frauds, trolls and hobos in this place. All sorts.

Some of these posts are fecking sinister to say the least and it makes me spew just reading them at times. 

It’s a forum for Jambos and the frauds And trolls should just get to f... 

Imagine Spending time on a forum pretending to be something else. It’s sad, really f..... sad 😡

I have two season tickets and a FOH subscription that has been running since the beginning. Again, if you wish to discuss me have the good grace to quote me in the discussion!

Perhaps the real question is why isn’t anyone else concerned by the start to the Stendel era? Surely ‘genuine supporters’ would share at least some of my concerns?

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can you rewrite that in English for me?

Also refrain from pathetic snide dig or at least have the courage to quote me in them!

We don’t have the luxury of giving anyone a free reign now. That is the real issue. We are currently a few results away from a position that we cannot recover from. My concern is that Stendel is publicly critical of senior players, fallen out with Whelan completely and then trying to galvanise whatever is left for a relegation battle.

It wasn't a snide dig Mr E ,Your toxic and should in my opinion and many others be banned from this forum as you have an agenda as well as serious personality issues , Now toddle off and give it a rest as your talking bollocks. 

3 minutes ago, eyes open said:

It wasn't a snide dig Mr E ,Your toxic and should in my opinion and many others be banned from this forum as you have an agenda as well as serious personality issues , Now toddle off and give it a rest as your talking bollocks. 

At least my posts have the correct use of punctuation, grammar and spelling! I would be delighted to be wrong but if I am correct feel free to come back and apologise. 

Allowayjambo1874
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I have two season tickets and a FOH subscription that has been running since the beginning. Again, if you wish to discuss me have the good grace to quote me in the discussion!

Perhaps the real question is why isn’t anyone else concerned by the start to the Stendel era? Surely ‘genuine supporters’ would share at least some of my concerns?

I will indulge you.

whats the solution? 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Let me get this right.

100 plus games with Levein in charge, backroom staff/coaches of his choosing employed, players of his choosing recruited and he has us sitting at the very bottom of the league.

Still not one utterance of doubt from you and you were still supporting him to the very very end 

New manager comes in, no back room team in place and the first time you voice your doubts is 4 games in and then start comparing him to Levein 

Of course everyone has concerns. We are in real f...... danger right now, real danger, and the last thing we need is to vilify the guy who is tasked with getting us out of the mess that Mr Levein has created.

Setting him up to hang is what it looks like on face. We need to support him and get behind the side once again.

Do you not see how you are coming across with what you are saying in some of these posts ?

Allowayjambo1874
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Let me get this right.

100 plus games with Levein in charge, backroom staff/coaches of his choosing employed, players of his choosing recruited and he has us sitting at the very bottom of the league.

Still not one utterance of doubt from you and you were still supporting him to the very very end 

New manager comes in, no back room team in place and the first time you voice your doubts is 4 games in and then start comparing him to Levein 

Of course everyone has concerns. We are in real f...... danger right now, real danger, and the last thing we need is to vilify the guy who is tasked with getting us out of the mess that Mr Levein has created.

Setting him up to hang is what it looks like on face. We need to support him and get behind the side once again.

Do you not see how you are coming across with what you are saying in some of these posts ?

Well said sir

7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Let me get this right.

This. 

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

don’t care what the odds say, over the past 12 (in fact 14) months we have been the worst team in the league.. absolute fact

Sadly undeniable. I've witnessed 2 league wins at Tynecastle in 2019. I have a season ticket also missed maybe a couple of other wins due to holidays.

3 shit goalies, no midfield creativity, no pace, no fit goal scorers. Stendel can't take any responsibility for the shambles he's inherited.

7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Let me get this right.

Folk said the same thing when Kris Boyd said Cathro would be a disaster ... he was proven correct quite quickly. I’ll either be correct or my concerns will be proven wrong. I will still be there on Sunday and at  the Airdrie cup game. What I write won’t effect Stendel or the team, just seems to upset some on here. The only comparison that can be made is game for game, thus far. Out of interest which coaches did Levein hand pick for himself as coaches?