Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

10 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

“Aye but what about all the success off the field, she’s done a great job”.

5 weeks to appoint a manager and turning the club into a national joke is not off field success.

****ing shambles and a terribly run organisation.

Arggghhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Whoooosh.

Oh, wait. We are still within the timeframe, and as has been pointed out, Barnsley decided to make life difficult to try to squeeze some money out of us.

Ann seems to be doing things well. Due diligence, speaking to a range of people, setting metrics for who she ways, finding who she wants, and pursuing him. 

Even if it takes a few weeks longer I'd rather get first choice rather than work our way down the list. And if we cave in now, then in future will that have reppicussions on clubs negotiating with us over transfer fees etc....

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

13 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

“Aye but what about all the success off the field, she’s done a great job”.

5 weeks to appoint a manager and turning the club into a national joke is not off field success.

****ing shambles and a terribly run organisation.

:bored:

8 minutes ago, allyby said:

He surely has someone there to negotiate on his behalf, coupled with a lawyer and it's possible to bring an end to all this sooner rather than later.

Seems not to be the case. Very much a hands on but distant owner. Vlad-like in all honesty. 

3 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Think he is having a coffee with Vyacheslav Hleb...

It'd be 300gms of vodka in Vyachi's case though!  :mj_zivili:  (And quite possibly the same for Dan The Man... :whistling:  )

27 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

We should just make Steven niesmith player manager until the end of the season.  The either get in strendle. Or look elsewhere 

Who and who?

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

A verbal agreement is not worth the paper it is written on.

:lol: 

Something clearly not adding up here.. pretty sure Budge is on record saying that paying compensation for the right candidate wouldn’t be a problem.. only thing I can think of is she’s digging her heels in cause she doesn’t think they’re due a penny down to Stendel’s and his agents belief they’re free agents

2 minutes ago, jambotony said:

Something clearly not adding up here.. pretty sure Budge is on record saying that paying compensation for the right candidate wouldn’t be a problem.. only thing I can think of is she’s digging her heels in cause she doesn’t think they’re due a penny down to Stendel’s and his agents belief they’re free agents

Yeah but theres compensation & then theres compensation.

Nicholas Brody
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

If hearts feel we don’t owe them money then I’m happy to wait. 150k above is money we can spend on a player, I’d rather we didn’t hand the money to Barnsley especially if we don’t need to. Stendel will be here soon enough. Hopefully by Atleast Monday so he has a full weeks training with the dross we have.

We spent around £250,000 on Craig Wighton

1 minute ago, Nicholas Brody said:

We spent around £250,000 on Craig Wighton

This figure gets bigger every month... 🤔

If Conway thinks they are entitled to some compo, then they must have a figure in mind & presumably will have notified HMFC how much they are seeking?

HMFC legal eagles will presumably pore over the details to determine wether said claim would be upheld if taken down the legal route, then if it’s a straightforward win/lose decision HMFC will either tell them to bolt or settle, whatever the case may be.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He will soon be our first million pound player. 😊

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

Wasn’t it around 100k ? 

IIRC.. it was a two way deal, Jack Hamilton went to Dundee for 100k and Wighton camd to us for 150k. 50k actually changed hands.

28 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Gie yersel peace! She said it would take 4-6 weeks and as pointed out by yourself we are on week 5!!!!

Do you agree with the time frame? That length of time to get someone in when you clearly don’t have a competent interim manager is a joke.

underlining her incompetence further. Read the opinions of any one of a number of professionals on BBC and other sites and you can see this isn’t normal.

we are bottom of the league and staring a relegation battle in the face, doesn’t scream sensible management to me....

Adam_the_legend
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

IIRC.. it was a two way deal, Jack Hamilton went to Dundee for 100k and Wighton camd to us for 150k. 50k actually changed hands.

Did wighton not come from DU??

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

👍 forgot Hamilton was part of the deal. 

5 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Do you agree with the time frame? That length of time to get someone in when you clearly don’t have a competent interim manager is a joke.

underlining her incompetence further. Read the opinions of any one of a number of professionals on BBC and other sites and you can see this isn’t normal.

we are bottom of the league and staring a relegation battle in the face, doesn’t scream sensible management to me....

Which BBC professionals?

You mean Michael Stewart and Kevin Kyle? 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Which BBC professionals?

You mean Michael Stewart and Kevin Kyle? 

Amongst others. They have more inside knowledge of how the game works than anyone on this site and, scarily,  more than Budge.

7 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Professional what?

Ex-football players?

Nah you're ok.

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

Amongst others. They have more inside knowledge of how the game works than anyone on this site and, scarily,  more than Budge.

Well who then?

Ian Black and Kebin Kyle or Derek Ferguson might find the concept of not having a manager in place difficult to understand. They needed someone to tell them to turn left or right or who to pass to. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, graygo said:

Professional what?

Ex-football players?

Nah you're ok.

Imguessing professional footballers know more about how football clubs work than you? 

Also more than our CEO.

Any examples of clubs having such a horrific recruitment process whilst being in such a shambles on the pitch?

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well who then?

From yesterday:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50672729

plenty more coverage in other papers.

People are very defensive of Budge, fair enough she has done a lot for the club but we need to start asking serious questions of the mismanagement as the club because we are sinking rapidly and I have no confidence in her getting it right.

rudi must stay

Any examples of clubs having such a horrific recruitment process whilst being in such a shambles on the pitch?

Why do you post in a different font?

Anyway plenty, better to take our time and settle on a good candidate and we have 

Imguessing professional footballers know more about how football clubs work than you? 

Also more than our CEO.

So do you want Michael Stewart in as CEO

Nicholas Brody
21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:lol:

🤦‍♂️

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

19 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Wasn’t it around 100k ? 

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That was the initial rumour iirc. 

18 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

He will soon be our first million pound player. 😊

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/in-full/craig-wighton-hearts-paying-a-fee-made-me-feel-wanted-1-4792618/amp

You must all know better though.

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Why do you post in a different font?

Anyway plenty, better to take our time and settle on a good candidate and we have 

I’m on the iPad and it copied the font from the article. Couldn’t be arsed fixing.

problem is he’s going to have to be bloody good as we have wasted 5 weeks. Jack Ross (a candidate we could have appointed weeks ago) starts with at least a 7 point advantage on him. Those points could be crucial at the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Think it’s Kevin Kyle he wants. Or maybe Jeremy. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I didn’t say that. I want a CEO who understands football and has a solid business background. Stewart and Budge are both 1/2 way there.

It should have been ten
18 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

If that’s what it takes to get the right man in then yes. Far better that than appointing the wrong man in a hurry.

Another day, more pant wetting. Please confirm the new manager soon Ann, for no other reason than we can turn out attention to moaning about something else 👍

Edited by Pagey
Typo

Tenaciousdandy

Just had one of my customers tell me that Barnsley have came out and denied they want money for stendal, anyone seen or heard this? 

3 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

There is no disputing that we paid a fee for him. The unknown at the time was the extent of the fee. Not sure anyone really knows what the fee was. We paid them £50k and gave them Hamilton, we got Wighton in return. It’s that open-ended. Could be that someone values Hamilton at £200k in which case yes, Wighton cost us £250k. On the other hand if you value Hamilton as worthless, which is close to correct imo, then Wighton cost us £50k. Does it matter. 

3 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

I didn’t say that. I want a CEO who understands football and has a solid business background. Stewart and Budge are both 1/2 way there.

That would be the Michael Stewart who got himself a great deal in Turkey then returned after a few months because he hadn’t been paid and still hasn’t?   A real businessman it seems. 

Just now, Dandyman79 said:

Just had one of my customers tell me that Barnsley have came out and denied they want money for stendal, anyone seen or heard this? 

Aye, saw article on Facebook earlier

Spitonastranger
18 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Prove it and these professionals how many of these have managed or ran a football club or successful business and by the way we are not bottom.

1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

From yesterday:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50672729

plenty more coverage in other papers.

People are very defensive of Budge, fair enough she has done a lot for the club but we need to start asking serious questions of the mismanagement as the club because we are sinking rapidly and I have no confidence in her getting it right.

well go and support another club then as you certainly don't appear to support our club. Your last few posts have been those of a petulant child or a deranged hobo

alwaysthereinspirit
24 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

:sterb032::oconnor:

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That would be the Michael Stewart who got himself a great deal in Turkey then returned after a few months because he hadn’t been paid and still hasn’t?   A real businessman it seems. 

You’re no very bright. I said he isn’t a business man but understands football - hence half way there....same as Budge

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

No

Media reports say Barnsley owner says he's not to blame for Stendel not being appointed but he does want money 

Just now, XB52 said:

well go and support another club then as you certainly don't appear to support our club. Your last few posts have been those of a petulant child or a deranged hobo

I’ve no been since the semi final. Would never ditch my club though.

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

You’re no very bright. I said he isn’t a business man but understands football - hence half way there....same as Budge

Michael Stewart has opinions on football.

Not sure how he has shown he understands how to be successful. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Michael Stewart has opinions on football.

Not sure how he has shown he understands how to be successful. 

the abiding memory of him for most Hearts fans or people who had heard of him is New Douglas Park. 

• davemclaren locked this topic