Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Did you think that was funny?

Nothing like firing into someone for a different opinion eh.

I was being 100% serious. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

You clearly are unaware of certain key facts about him and his departure from Hearts that made it impossible to hire him back whilst current owner is around. 

Why did we interview him then? Also why did he give Budge the courtesy of a phone call before accepting Hibs?

3 minutes ago, gator said:

I agree with most of this post, the problem is that we could be on course to be playing in The Championship at this rate, we need someone to get this sorted out soon!

Never going to happen. Just stay loyal and believe. Knee jerk reactions never last long so let's play the long game. As I say the seasons gone but we will comfortably stay up.

Italian Lambretta
Just now, Liam1953 said:

Never going to happen. Just stay loyal and believe. Knee jerk reactions never last long so let's play the long game. As I say the seasons gone but we will comfortably stay up.

If he gets us into the top 6 and levein, McPhee, Fox and Daly are all gone I will be quite happy with that.

We have cleared the decks and start a fresh next season.

So is our ambition to avoid relagation or to have a great run following the appointment of the right guy and build for next season.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Should’ve started looking much earlier to ensure a quicker appointment. 

Looking at whom? Stendel only became free to speak to us last week, we started speaking with him last week.

Coburg Hearts
46 minutes ago, sadj said:

the abiding memory of him for most Hearts fans or people who had heard of him is New Douglas Park. 

That and arguing with his own fans at Tannadice.🤣

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Should’ve started looking much earlier to ensure a quicker appointment. 

Aye ****in October last year!!

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If he gets us into the top 6 and levein, McPhee, Fox and Daly are all gone I will be quite happy with that.

We have cleared the decks and start a fresh next season.

That's the spirit. Can't influence anything in the past so why dwell in the past. Looking forward to a new dawn with fresh ideas and see where it takes us.

2 minutes ago, Liam1953 said:

I'm not saying it will happen and loyalty is never a consideration, I have seen enough teams relegated over the years in these situations where you think it's just a matter of time before things will improve then time runs out! As bad as this run has been I always thought we were a result or 2 (Hibs, St. Mirren) from turning the corner, it hasn't happened yet, the new gaffer is only as good as the squad he has to work with for the most part!

20 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

He'll soon be our first million pound buy.

keep up grandad 😝

18 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

If that’s your opinion that’s fine and it’s totally valid, I do think it’s Important for folk to challenge the clubs decisions (wasn’t that the point of greater fan representation?). Too many people on this board are quick to toe the party line and back Budge and as we have seen she gets things wrong, like everyone else. 

I’m not too confident about this decision or process either. Time will tell.

Of course people should challenge the clubs decisions , i think there is a way to do that though. I don’t think its that people toe the line. Just its a big forum and although there is a lot of loud internet voices mashing keyboards on both sides a lot of prominent posters have a more balanced outlook , rightly or wrongly

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Looking at whom? Stendel only became free to speak to us last week, we started speaking with him last week.

great we’re getting Stendel. I’m happy we seem to be landing someone who looks like a good target.

as for whom? Who was available 6-7 weeks before levein was fired? 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

I don’t think its that people toe the line. Just its a big forum and although there is a lot of loud internet voices mashing keyboards on both sides a lot of prominent posters have a more balanced outlook , rightly or wrongly

Again, I think we will agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

Again, I think we will agree to disagree. 

if we all agreed life would be awfa boring mate

Adam_the_legend
47 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Give us the name out of the applicants 6 weeks ago that you would have given the job to.....

You can ask your professionals at the BBC the same question. Who would you employ?

The other option was to keep Craig Levein in post until Stendel is ready to sign. Would you have been happy with that?

No, I would have liked AB to recognise there MAY be a need for a change after our terrible start and do some preparation. If she’d started looking around at the time she was questioning supporters “genuine” credentials with that terrible statement we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

Imguessing professional footballers know more about how football clubs work than you? 

Also more than our CEO.

It is just a guess though isn't it?

1 minute ago, graygo said:

It is just a guess though isn't it?

Yeah I’ve no idea who you are ?!?

if you do know a bit about about football and running a successful business, fancy chapping up oor Budge and offering some advice?

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

if we all agreed life would be awfa boring mate

Correct mate 👍

letsmakesomenoise
45 minutes ago, gjcc said:

“if you look behind you, you’ll see the foot of the table. If you look ahead you’ll see Naisy two to three weeks away...

...if you look ahead again you’ll see Naisy still two to three weeks away”

:clyay:

If you’ll look past Naisy you’ll see Midfield enforcer Peter Haring, four or five weeks away!  If you look again, you'll now see Haring is four or five months away!

Edited by letsmakesomenoise

cardboardcutout

I totally agree with waiting for the guy who is going to seek to change the tired and totally unsuccessful way we currently play! We need a new perspective and hopefully Stendel brings that,yes it's frustrating but as i've said before Ann is nobody's fool and will sort it soon.  Some posters have very short memories and questionable loyalty to their own IMO!

A lot of moaning going on here, a lot of it competely justified - and the whole process quite frustrating,

however when i stand back and think would I have wanted it resolved quickly with either a Stuart McCall or a Neil McCann or would I rather wait a few weeks and get someone a little more interesting and someone who has more chnace of bringing the fans together.

I would def go for the latter every time.

Hearts have got to know what the endgame is here. They are trying to negotiate a deal and it is taking far too long if there is any possibility if it is going to fall flat on its face. I have been supportive of AB but we need a manager very soon and this could end up being wasted time. I am not in the we are fighting relegation club at the moment there are still a great number of games to be played before the split but it would be mad to draw things out unless we know that we are defo going to get this guy. Managers are ten a penny... and it is really difficult to predict how a manager will perform... for example a manager who may not be top of the list could end up being no worse that who ever we end up with.  What is clear is that Mcphee is not getting anymore from this shower of shite than CL did and this is not doing us any good.

4 hours ago, Redhelen said:

If Daniel has signed for you by then I am sure it will attract some comment. Next midweek game is Weds against Readibg 7 45 kick off.

I phoned your Club and they suggested the East Stand for the game. 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

great we’re getting Stendel. I’m happy we seem to be landing someone who looks like a good target.

as for whom? Who was available 6-7 weeks before levein was fired? 

In british football (i'm not doing a worldwide search) the following managers have been appointed to other clubs since mid September, who would you have taken over Stendel and would have come to us?

Jim Bentley - AFC FLyde

Glynn Hodges - AFC wimbledon

Sol Campbell - Southend

Gary Rowett - Millwall

Phil parkinson - Sunderland

Carl Fletcher - Leyton Orient

Mark Bowen - Reading

Dean Keates - Wrexham

Dino Maamria - Oldham

Michael Appleton - Lincoln

Jack ross - Hibs

Anyone else who was out of work then, still is now.

Well this isn't a 5h1t show at all.

A one line piece of information along the lines of "We are currently in the process of appointing our Management team but have had to seek legal and English FA advice before proceeding".

How much pressure is this guy going to be under to get off to a good start. You can see the headlines now if he doesn’t start well. 
All this pissing about has put unnecessary pressure on him!!! 
Get it DONE as Boris would say!!

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

In british football (i'm not doing a worldwide search) the following managers have been appointed to other clubs since mid September, who would you have taken over Stendel and would have come to us?

Jim Bentley - AFC FLyde

Glynn Hodges - AFC wimbledon

Sol Campbell - Southend

Gary Rowett - Millwall

Phil parkinson - Sunderland

Carl Fletcher - Leyton Orient

Mark Bowen - Reading

Dean Keates - Wrexham

Dino Maamria - Oldham

Michael Appleton - Lincoln

Jack ross - Hibs

Anyone else who was out of work then, still is now.

I’m genuinely not being evasive but I know very little about football down south. I had no idea who Stendel was either until I read about him on here and researched him a wee bit.

When you’re looking for a manager though, you take a few weeks, select the best guyavailable and get your man (hopefully). Not easy but 4-6 weeks doesn’t sound outlandish.

My point is, this process should’ve taken place, behind Craig’s back, while he was still at the club. Could’ve had someone in place a few days after he left. Surely that’s a better situation?

3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

It’s not happening today either. 

McPhee said early next week. No reason to doubt him. 

Coburg Hearts
31 minutes ago, sadj said:

keep up grandad 😝

I was way behind timewise and on a bus to Broxburn. 🙄🤗

The Wrinkly Ninja
28 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

No, I would have liked AB to recognise there MAY be a need for a change after our terrible start and do some preparation. If she’d started looking around at the time she was questioning supporters “genuine” credentials with that terrible statement we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

You mean when Stendel and Ross we’re still employed by other clubs?

If we had started looking we would still have had McCall McCann and McPhee as options....

3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

It’s not happening today either. 

😂

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

How much pressure is this guy going to be under to get off to a good start. You can see the headlines now if he doesn’t start well. 

Any reference to that arsehole should mean a ban Mr Witter

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

250 pages of crap and almost 12,500 posts!

Where is this lad?

Spotted him in the German Markets in Princes Street enjoying a bratwurst.

6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Not often anybody could find grounds to agree with you about anything you normally post ... I have to say you have a point here!

It should have been ten
23 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

I totally agree with waiting for the guy who is going to seek to change the tired and totally unsuccessful way we currently play! We need a new perspective and hopefully Stendel brings that,yes it's frustrating but as i've said before Ann is nobody's fool and will sort it soon.  Some posters have very short memories and questionable loyalty to their own IMO!

:spoton:

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Boris is a good poster.👍

the longer this goes on Daniel Stendel might decide himself to pull out

everything the club does is always so complicated and takes forever 

look how quick Celtic replaced Brendan Rogers

16 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I was way behind timewise and on a bus to Broxburn. 🙄🤗

Broxburn? That would take you even further into the past.

2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

the longer this goes on Daniel Stendel might decide himself to pull out

everything the club does is always so complicated and takes forever 

look how quick Celtic replaced Brendan Rogers

Yes, they appointed NL on a temporary basis last February and made it permanent on cup final day ie THREE months.  We've had AM for 5 weeks.  Do you want us to make that permanent and thus beat Celtic?

scott herbertson
Just now, oi oi said:

Broxburn? That would take you even further into the past.

Ha ha nice one

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm out on the pish. Anything to report? 

Aye pubs are likely to be heaving with Xmas nights out and make sure you plan your route home . 

• davemclaren locked this topic