Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Coburg Hearts
25 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Jim White on national radio yesterday spoke to the Macclesfield owner who assured him this weekends game would go ahead as planned and that the club was stable and all monies paid. Three minutes after the call ended the Macclesfield players sent Jim a message saying they hadn’t been paid and the game at the weekend was off as they hadn’t trained for a month. I wouldn’t trust any of the chairmen, of any of the clubs, south of the border. Budge still has my trust. 

I wouldn't trust many of them up here either.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Why can't Budge just take her lawyers down there and get around the table with her Barnsley counterparts and get a deal done?

Seems sense to me and get things sorted out so we can resume to some kind of normality  again.

Edited by allyby

9 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Are we sure Daniel Stendel exists? 

what? sort of like Kilroy was here? we could get the Graffitti artists amongst us to do Daniel was here all over the shop.:lol:

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The new Kasier Soze

Gordon Ramsay

Secretly she's hoping it falls through so she can reappoint Craigie. 

"We had the right guy for the job here the whole time" 

In all seriousness I think it'll be sorted early next week after Motherwell have roasted us. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Secretly she's hoping it falls through so she can reappoint Craigie. 

"We had the right guy for the job here the whole time" 

In all seriousness I think it'll be sorted early next week after Motherwell have roasted us. 

Probs about right!

42 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Barnsley chief executive Paul Conway is bemused at the suggestion the English Championship outfit are holding up the appointment of Daniel Stendel as Hearts manager, suggesting the matter could be resolved by telephone instead of correspondence by letter and hinting that his club's six-figure compensation demand for their former boss is a red herring for other issues. 

Any ideas what this underlined bit is about?

Just now, Juanjo said:

It's about changing the narrative and deflecting away from how Barnsley waited till the 11th hour before asking for compensation. 

Your post is an example of this as you are wondering if there's a problem. :2thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Did Hearts not understand that he had already agreed a pay off with Barnsley?

If he was still on the payroll and it is difficult to see how they can claim they lost an asset. He effectively had a non-functional job at Barnsley.

This is what irks me with this fiasco. If it did go to legal proceedings Barnsley would have to argue that the wages they were spending on Stendel would have to go to someone else as a replacement and therefore would need to be compensated for their loss and inconvenience in finding said replacement. But they hired a new manager so Stendel’s function was to do absolutely nothing with the club, therefore costs in replacing nothing would be... nothing. If Hearts are paying his (and his assistants) wages and Barnsley are no longer having to pay them and have hired staff in positions previously occupied by those staff BEFORE any move by Hearts, then I don’t see they have a leg to stand on. But there must be some legal loophole that allows them to do this.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Only guesses

? tapping up allegation

? the other staff

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe she’s been advised not to resolve a six figure compensation dispute on WhatsApp.

It genuinely beggars belief dunnit some of the f’n whining on here? Not like you’d want absolute proof that you’d done everything above board. Na just send an e mail!!!

48 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Barnsley chief executive Paul Conway is bemused at the suggestion the English Championship outfit are holding up the appointment of Daniel Stendel as Hearts manager, suggesting the matter could be resolved by telephone instead of correspondence by letter and hinting that his club's six-figure compensation demand for their former boss is a red herring for other issues. 

Why did he write to Hearts then? 

Walter Bishop
17 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

I thoigh it may be alluding to possible pay offs for existing staff?

1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

Hope it gets resolved quickly  for you . We waited 6 weeks after the separation to get our new manager and know the feeling, especially when it comes to being in a relegation battle. 

I think all.us Barnsley fans wish him well. 

I stay in Leeds during rhe week these days but I can't stand Leeds Utd and it's too far to travel to either of my favoured English clubs. Is it easy to attend Barnsley matches as I have adopted them as my Yorkshire club? Can you just walk up and expect to get in?

Edited by tcjambo

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Why did he write to Hearts then? 

Exactly 😂

If you want to have a phone call then pick up the ******* phone 

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Good lad, I’d hate to look back in May and realise just how damaging going 6 weeks without a manager actually was in the middle of a season.

Exactly ! Was thinking the same,,,as are many more fans,, let's hope hes in for monday ? This needs to happen now!

It's a really quick change in tone from the last time.

"We still have a valid contract with Daniel Stendel until the end of the season. There is already a tampering issue with us concerning his existing contract.

"And if anybody else is tampering with our rights, we are going to expect compensation.

"Hearts have our letter and we have notified them and, if they want to hire Daniel, that's fine, that's their choice.

"But they either pay us now or we will file a claim against them. And if any club wants to fight it, we will win."

Here, his 'we will fight them on the beaches' speech, especially that last sentence, acting as if we've went behind their backs. Say what you like in any other area, we haven't exactly got a track record of being scrupulous pricks under the Budge regime, so to sound like he was picking a fight makes it seem all the more ludicrous.

To this.

‘It usually gets resolved reasonably quickly with a couple of phone calls, so that’s why I would be surprised if it was just us who had to be taken care of.

‘If Hearts want to engage in written correspondence then that’s up to them.

‘Is compensation to us an issue? For sure. But we are not negotiating a trade accord – if they want to resolve this quickly we are here.’

If he had been like this from the start, he wouldn't have come across with anywhere near as much bad faith, but he shouldn't kid himself on here. They have some blame to shoulder from it. His tone suggests that it's just compensation to agree, which a quick phone call to even mark a ballpark figure could easily have been agreed.

Either way, if it is just compensation, it shouldn't take that long to negotiate, so I'm struggling to see what the hold up is here.

Edited by jambo-rocker

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, kila said:

Don't blame her, but I hope it isn't actually snail mail and is emails with PDF attachments!

I just want Stendel to be announced now, no more delays :(

I bet it is. That confused me no end when buying a house recently, blank emails arriving from the solicitors, with PDFs on 'em. Gmail is not an ideal set up for that caper!

The guy shes negotiating with is in USA according to that interview piece. Time difference (assuming he's on the east coast) is 5 hours behind.

Assuming he starts talking to Ann (on e-mail or phone) at 9am, then it'll be 2pm here. Unlikely we will hear anything before very late in the afternoon unless Ann has one of her minions working through the night.

This is a legal matter so Ann is right to do this through formal avenues. Whoever is representing Hearts will be sending letters via email each day. 

49 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Think he is having a coffee with Vyacheslav Hleb...

Jambof3tornado
36 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Similarly his tampering comments before?! Weird twat.

Gene Parmesan

Conway is at it and I cannot believe he has useful idiots on this thread who are falling for it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Barnsley’s own official website said they had parted company with Stendel’s assistants and wished them well.

Where in the world of snake oil skin sales do they get away with the “we’ll let you a way with compo for his assistants” line?

What utter pony.

Conway seems even more deluded than Romanov and he can’t blame the KGB being on his back 🤣 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, buyout clauses are there to be negotiated. I’m sure it will be less than the rumour but I’d be surprised if they are arguing over £50k 

I reckon and it's a pure guess Scoobe that they maybe looking for 200/250k or thereabouts and we will end up paying 50/100k .  

Perhaps JKB should form a new political party with this as a campaign slogan:

GET STENDEL DONE 

Such a pity that a guy deemed unfit to continue as manager at his club is being denied his right of employment at another because Conway has decided to become an absolute ***t 
Shameful behavior. Hopefully they get relegated & the fans hound him out. Fud.

40 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

It genuinely beggars belief dunnit some of the f’n whining on here? Not like you’d want absolute proof that you’d done everything above board. Na just send an e mail!!!

I get people’s frustration but the Barnsley guy coming out in the papers and saying he’s not holding any deal up ‘just give us a ring’ is clearly a load of shite on his part.

30 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I stay in Leeds during rhe week these days but I can't stand Leeds Utd and it's too far to travel to either of my favoured English clubs. Is it easy to attend Barnsley matches as I have adopted them as my Yorkshire club? Can you just walk up and expect to get in?

Yes.

This is becoming a bit of a farce but I have to say budge is going about this the right way. This CEO sounds like a lunatic and she is best to keep tight lipped till its done and dusted.  Shame McPhee will be in the dugout for what I am sure will be another torturous 90 minutes at fir park tomorrow.

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not fussed whether we get this guy now or not.

That’s the spirit.

:P

Ex member of the SaS

Can't understand the contract confusion. Stendel had a contract with Barnsley, It was either cancelled by mutual consent or Barnsley sacked him. Mutual consent and Stendel would know the details, Sacking him would mean Stendel fighting for compensation or his wages paid in full. In which case Stendel would know the details.

How can Hearts not know what the situation is?

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't understand the contract confusion. Stendel had a contract with Barnsley, It was either cancelled by mutual consent or Barnsley sacked him. Mutual consent and Stendel would know the details, Sacking him would mean Stendel fighting for compensation or his wages paid in full. In which case Stendel would know the details.

Or it was the 3rd option - he was put on gardening leave.

Welcome to the thread.

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

This is the very same guy who wrote to Hearts to advise of their compensation claim. Why did he not just phone AB in the first place.? Then he maybe could have gotten the issue sorted quicker.

AB is doing the corrcet thing by replying in writing the alternative is taping any telephone conversation between them so that you know who said what.

The way she is doing it is the professional way and it will be on the advice of the Clubs's Lawyers.

Stendel and his Agent seem to think that there is nothing in his contract that warrants any compensation payment and I am sure AB will have had that looked at closely before any correspondence happened.

Edited by wavydavy

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Come ooooooooooooon.

Barnsley are such a tinpot club. 

Their fans seem a good bunch though 👍

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

When Stendel joined Barnsley either him or his agent or both would have a copy of his agreement with the club and unless there were any changes made which he would have to be aware and signed then he and his agent can pass this to Hearts Lawyers for them to review.

Certainly all press reports indicated that the club had SACKED him rather than any other option. If he were on Gardening Leave then that is different as the club would still be paying him and usually the minute other employment is taken then the payments would stop. 

This was what happened with Levein when he was relieved of his job as the Scotland Coach. He was being paid until the end of his contract but had he taken another job duirng that time then he would have forfieted further payments but as far as I was aware the SFA would not have received any compensation.

Usually in this scenario it would be the Manager who would get a payment because of loss of earnings from the contract they have just left.

I am sure Hearts will know the situation and will be adressing it on the advice of their lawyers.

All roads lead to Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Bainy said:

This is becoming a bit of a farce but I have to say budge is going about this the right way. This CEO sounds like a lunatic and she is best to keep tight lipped till its done and dusted.  Shame McPhee will be in the dugout for what I am sure will be another torturous 90 minutes at fir park tomorrow.

This. The players really have to step up in the interim now and make sure we pick up at least a point from the game. They have to forget who is in the dugout tomorrow and let their own professional pride take over! 

I hope for the Barnsley fans sake they get a change of ownership soon. Good luck to them on that!

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get people’s frustration but the Barnsley guy coming out in the papers and saying he’s not holding any deal up ‘just give us a ring’ is clearly a load of shite on his part.

Nah GR it’s all Budge’s fault. She could just drop him a text and sort it out

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Lawyers take time it'sthe way they make their money. 

In a nutshell 

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Facebook message, surely.

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

"My offer is.....................................

.........Nothing" 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

"My offer is.....................................

.........Nothing" 

.......see you in court.

• davemclaren locked this topic