• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Jambo in Yorkshire

Would be a great appointment, did a great job at Barnsley. Lost most of his back four and that’s the reason Barnsley are struggling this season.

37 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

May be a stretch budget wise, but this is the kind of bold appointment I'd like to see us make.

Agree with you completely.

I'm hoping for something similar. Proper from out of nowhere job. Lets be honest the potential here is huge. With the right manager playing the right football the old place will be rocking again.

9 minutes ago, Boab Mugabe said:

He’s my choice.

If people are quoting Jack Ross as a candidate, Stendel out performed him on a much lower budget in the same league last season.

1 hour ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Would be a great appointment, did a great job at Barnsley. Lost most of his back four and that’s the reason Barnsley are struggling this season.

Injuries you say?!

9 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Injuries you say?!

Was thinking exactly that ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Jambo in Yorkshire

Not injuries no, they were all sold in the summer and that’s why Barnsley are struggling.

Edited by Jambo in Yorkshire

He's the name I've been saying. Him, Clement or Moyes - would all be a big splash that I feel we need to make.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, or whether he would consider working in Scotland, but of the names suggested so far, this is the one that seems most fresh and exciting.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Barnsley also sold their top striker so it was almost impossible to go up a league and compete.

They played attacking football and that would be something we all want.

Before anyone asks I saw most of their home games last season and they didn’t lose any and only drew a few.

I don't know much about him but I agree he is the right type we should be looking for. 

The biggest thing I ask is that it is someone with no previous links to the club, whatsoever. 

It should have been ten
13 hours ago, EH11 said:

Injuries you say?!

13 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Was thinking exactly that ...

Exactly! 

4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Sacked after ten games without a win - definitely not. As for Moyes- surely a windup.

Read the rest of the thread. He got them promoted to the championship last season, they sold several key players and probably have the lowest budget in the league. He did an exceptional job.

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Read the rest of the thread. He got them promoted to the championship last season, they sold several key players and probably have the lowest budget in the league. He did an exceptional job.

If that’s the case then Patrick would suit him perfectly. Definitely not Hearts material.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

If that’s the case then Patrick would suit him perfectly. Definitely not Hearts material.

Hopefully he gets the job then 😎

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/10/the-fiver-barnsley-daniel-stendel

Whether he's right for the job comes down to what the job description says, personal chemistry with the board and finances.  But one would hope that if he's interested he'd warrant an interview, clearly a character that buys in...alas I suspect he will be in demand.

14 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

17 wins and 8 defeats in the Bundesliga with Hanover also looks pretty impressive.Feck knows what Hanover where expecting from him.

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

17 wins and 8 defeats in the Bundesliga with Hanover also looks pretty impressive.Feck knows what Hanover where expecting from him.

Promotion back to the top division; they'd just been relegated and still had the majority of the first team squad from then...

3 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Promotion back to the top division; they'd just been relegated and still had the majority of the first team squad from then...

Ah I thought they were in the top flight

avhudtheteeshirt
16 hours ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Sounds like out of the frying pan and into the fire to me!!!!!

Would be a good choice with somebody like Robbo, Naysmith or Locke fitting somewhere into the equation. 

SectionDJambo

He certainly talks well and, unlike our previous coach, seems to take training himself. 
Opinion of Barnsley fans looked optimistic. I believe they now reckon he was sold down the river by the owners, by selling his entire defence?

Doesn’t look the type who would have his team frightened about playing in Glasgow.

Would be a left-field and imaginative appointment. A fresh and new approach and ideas is what we might be needing.

If it is Stendel then he'll have to be given plenty time to get his own players in as I cant think of another squad in the country that is less suited to play a high press high energy game than ours. 

kingantti1874
Just now, GrimUpNorth said:

If it is Stendel then he'll have to be given plenty time to get his own players in as I cant think of another squad in the country that is less suited to play a high press high energy game than ours. 

I’d be quite happy to see us empty this squad and rely on younger players, like the Locke team

Would be all for giving this guy a chance now

I don’t want anyone Scottish.

Would prefer a foreign coach who has no fear of the back water puddle which we currently play in and will come in with no fear and a mentality of winning and playing good football 

More and more I think about it the more and more this guy appeals tbh 

kingantti1874

The first candidate on here who has attracted no negativity.. so obvious but we will likely go for someone dull as dishwater 

TwigTheWonderKid

I, stupidly, got involved in a Twitter spat & I suggested a bold appointment like this is what is needed. Or at least the board making the moves for someone like this or Chris Hughton etc. It was pointed out to me that we would never attract this caliber of manager so why waste time and just go for McCann or Robinson. 

Forward thinking, plays the pressing game,hi-tempo counter attacking. And would have no fear of the old firm.Exactly what we need. 

• davemclaren locked this topic