• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

I’ve no been since the semi final. Would never ditch my club though.

To T or not to T, that is the question.

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

well go and support another club then as you certainly don't appear to support our club. Your last few posts have been those of a petulant child or a deranged hobo

@Hot since 86 don’t listen to this shite. Even if I don’t fully agree with your opinions, fans telling other fans to go and watch another club are the pits.

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

Media reports say Barnsley owner says he's not to blame for Stendel not being appointed but he does want money 

Ah ok, it will probably be he can go but won't get the severance pay, which he'll want, so will have been told hearts have to pay then 

The Wrinkly Ninja
33 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Do you agree with the time frame? That length of time to get someone in when you clearly don’t have a competent interim manager is a joke.

underlining her incompetence further. Read the opinions of any one of a number of professionals on BBC and other sites and you can see this isn’t normal.

we are bottom of the league and staring a relegation battle in the face, doesn’t scream sensible management to me....

Give us the name out of the applicants 6 weeks ago that you would have given the job to.....

You can ask your professionals at the BBC the same question. Who would you employ?

The other option was to keep Craig Levein in post until Stendel is ready to sign. Would you have been happy with that?

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That would be the Michael Stewart who got himself a great deal in Turkey then returned after a few months because he hadn’t been paid and still hasn’t?   A real businessman it seems. 

Tbf, I don't think Michael Stewart needs that money. Unlike ex-players who have to take coaching and managerial jobs MS was one of those players who, like Steven Naismith, invested his earnings very wisely.

4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't understand the contract confusion. Stendel had a contract with Barnsley, It was either cancelled by mutual consent or Barnsley sacked him. Mutual consent and Stendel would know the details, Sacking him would mean Stendel fighting for compensation or his wages paid in full. In which case Stendel would know the details.

How can Hearts not know what the situation is?

And it's just as simple as that, is it?

What if

- Hearts did know the details as conveyed to them by Stendel's side and they're not quite correct

- Stendel decided to renege on his contract, handed in his notice which was rejected and the club immediately relieved him of his duties due to uncertainty.

I can think of/make up many other possibilties why things have not gone as we would wish. 

My guess is that Barnsley are "accusing" Stendel and/or his agent without actually sayiing so and a quick telecon with Budge would bring clarification

30 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Amongst others. They have more inside knowledge of how the game works than anyone on this site and, scarily,  more than Budge.

If you've actually listened to those 'professionals' and believe what you have just posted you really need help 

1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Give us the name out of the applicants 6 weeks ago that you would have given the job to.....

You can ask your professionals at the BBC the same question. Who would you employ?

The other option was to keep Craig Levein in post until Stendel is ready to sign. Would you have been happy with that?

The process is the process. The fact we didn’t have anyone lined up before levein even left is the real issue. It’s not as if it wasn’t obvious what was going to happen. 

Agree though, who we gets more important than the time it takes but it’s still time critical.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

@Hot since 86 don’t listen to this shite. Even if I don’t fully agree with your opinions, fans telling other fans to go and watch another club are the pits.

Appreciated.

We will need to see how it works out but these are exactly the replies when I said Levein needed ditched 10 months ago, I just hope we can get Stendel in and he turns it around.

It’s pish  not going to the football at weekends but can’t justify the money to watch this crap any longer.

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Tbf, I don't think Michael Stewart needs that money. Unlike ex-players who have to take coaching and managerial jobs MS was one of those players who, like Steven Naismith, invested his earnings very wisely.

wasn’t in football lessons or in people skills 😉

2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

If you've actually listened to those 'professionals' and believe what you have just posted you really need help 

Thank you for your concern.

i would suggest if you see nothing wrong with our current situation it’s you who needs help. 

6 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

In hindsight I reckon more than a few would 

7 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Jack Ross.

i would have ditched Levein last season though so plenty time for a candidate.

the fact you believe the search started once Levein left is concerning. If that’s true then it’s even more if a shambles.

24 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

If that’s what it takes to get the right man in then yes. Far better that than appointing the wrong man in a hurry.

Absolutely.Mr Right now or Mr Right?

3 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Jack Ross.

i would have ditched Levein last season though so plenty time for a candidate.

the fact you believe the search started once Levein left is concerning. If that’s true then it’s even more if a shambles.

Why Jack Ross?

Just now, sadj said:

Why Jack Ross?

Know n to staff and players and well liked (I know this first hand). People person who can motivate and get these players playing to potential should be top priority. I also think he would have taken it had we treated him like the top candidate.

Also the fact he was available and could come in and make an immediate impact is something that shouldn’t have been underestimated.

3 minutes ago, McNelly said:

20191206_145942.jpg

“if you look behind you, you’ll see the foot of the table. If you look ahead you’ll see Naisy two to three weeks away...

...if you look ahead again you’ll see Naisy still two to three weeks away”

:clyay:

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

“if you look behind you, you’ll see the foot of the table. If you look ahead you’ll see Naisy two to three weeks away...

:lol:

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

Know n to staff and players and well liked (I know this first hand). People person who can motivate and get these players playing to potential should be top priority. I also think he would have taken it had we treated him like the top candidate.

Also the fact he was available and could come in and make an immediate impact is something that shouldn’t have been underestimated.

But he wasn’t the top candidate in Hearts opinion , hence why they weren’t interested. 

I agree someone to come in and motivate immediately is important but the right person is more important and if the club believes Stendel is that person to work their arses off to convince him to cone is an impressive feat. If it falls through then yes we have a problem though 

Spitonastranger
44 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Any examples of clubs having such a horrific recruitment process whilst being in such a shambles on the pitch?

Clouds 1984 took 6 months to get a manger

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That choice never had to be made.

Eh confused. Why not , do we settle for who we want or who is free right now?

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

Media reports say Barnsley owner says he's not to blame for Stendel not being appointed but he does want money 

Aye like a hostage taker saying it’s not their fault they’ve not released the hostage! 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

This figure gets bigger every month... 🤔

He'll soon be our first million pound buy.

1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

“Aye but what about all the success off the field, she’s done a great job”.

5 weeks to appoint a manager and turning the club into a national joke is not off field success.

****ing shambles and a terribly run organisation.

😱😰😂😂

Thats just an embarrassing post. Funny though.

Coburg Hearts
59 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

He will soon be our first million pound player. 😊

Beat me to it. 🙂

Just now, sadj said:

But he wasn’t the top candidate in Hearts opinion , hence why they weren’t interested. 

I agree someone to come in and motivate immediately is important but the right person is more important and if the club believes Stendel is that person to work their arses off to convince him to cone is an impressive feat. If it falls through then yes we have a problem though 

If that’s your opinion that’s fine and it’s totally valid, I do think it’s Important for folk to challenge the clubs decisions (wasn’t that the point of greater fan representation?). Too many people on this board are quick to toe the party line and back Budge and as we have seen she gets things wrong, like everyone else. 

I’m not too confident about this decision or process either. Time will tell.

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The process is the process. The fact we didn’t have anyone lined up before levein even left is the real issue. It’s not as if it wasn’t obvious what was going to happen. 

Agree though, who we gets more important than the time it takes but it’s still time critical.

I think Budge had confidence that MacPhee was going to be satisfactory in the interim role and may in fact have made her job easier by thriving at it and stepping into the permanent position, things have been so bad she has no choice to look elsewhere!

2 minutes ago, Liam1953 said:

Eh confused. Why not , do we settle for who we want or who is free right now?

Should’ve started looking much earlier to ensure a quicker appointment. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

That was the initial rumour iirc. 

Initial rumour or initial instalment...……?

9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Hahaha

Levein is the tour guide, the conductor and the driver.

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well who then?

Ian Black and Kebin Kyle or Derek Ferguson might find the concept of not having a manager in place difficult to understand. They needed someone to tell them to turn left or right or who to pass to. 

Bit insulting - All 3 would stroll into our current team and gave us more decent performances ina Hearts shirt than our current lot combined.

Fact Barnsley Started the mail correspondence when they wrote to Hearts accusing us of inappropriate approach (guess this was around discussing a contract with current employee). 
Fact Barnsley CEO said it’s Hearts fault, he would have picked up the phone. 
Fact Barnsley CEO has said compensation is due.  

sounds very much to me : - 

1.  The contract position is unclear due to the sequence of events. 
or

2.  It is clear but compensation is not clearly defined (Eg Contract says Standel is due salary until end of contract. Any other route is subject to mutual agreement). 

my take is Barnsley are leveraging their advantage position (that we need a manager and they don’t have to release him) to Maximise our contribution to the severance package -whether that goes to Barnsley or Stendel. 
ramp up the pressure by claiming its Hearts dragging their heels. 

we could pant wet -and pay over the odds or cut our losses and sign an out of work, available, cheap alternative taken from a JKB Poll to keep the pant wetters happy.  I would prefer we push this as far as possible to get the man most think has a higher likelihood of being a success and deliver the type of football we want to see. 

if we can’t get to an acceptable point, we then move to Plan B, not sooner. 

26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He wants it though otherwise why would it still be  be going through the courts in Turkey. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Should’ve started looking much earlier to ensure a quicker appointment. 

True but we are where we are and would rather play the waiting game and let the negotiations take shape for the best financial and on the field reasons. We will  never get better than top 6 this season and a good run in the cup so a few weeks will not make much difference. Build for next year is the best we can expect of a new manager. 

Coburg Hearts
54 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Imguessing professional footballers know more about how football clubs work than you? 

Also more than our CEO.

What's Leanne Dempster 

got to do with it?

1 minute ago, Liam1953 said:

True but we are where we are and would rather play the waiting game and let the negotiations take shape for the best financial and on the field reasons. We will  never get better than top 6 this season and a good run in the cup so a few weeks will not make much difference. Build for next year is the best we can expect of a new manager. 

Can’t disagree with that. Just feel it’s a shame we’re so far through the season and still in a state.

2 minutes ago, Liam1953 said:

I agree with most of this post, the problem is that we could be on course to be playing in The Championship at this rate, we need someone to get this sorted out soon!

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

What's Leanne Dempster 

got to do with it?

Did you think that was funny?

Nothing like firing into someone for a different opinion eh.

48 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Don't see any quotes in there mate so quite possibly, aye.

The article ignores the fact that Jack Hamilton went the other way as part of it, as I say I'm sure the figure we actually paid was about 50k

19 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Haha class !!!

Coburg Hearts
43 minutes ago, XB52 said:

well go and support another club then as you certainly don't appear to support our club. Your last few posts have been those of a petulant child or a deranged hobo

You should see the rest of them. 

20 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

You clearly are unaware of certain key facts about him and his departure from Hearts that made it impossible to hire him back whilst current owner is around. 

• davemclaren locked this topic