Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Your insistence on substantiated statements only is noted.

Ooft! Gonnae be repercussions for AgentJambo here. 😂

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Frank Sidebottom

It’s interesting that we’ve not gone ahead with the appointment despite the dispute. What is the delay if we think nothing is due to Barnsley? 

Suggests to me we are leaving ourselves some wriggle room to withdraw if we subsequently discover the compo we have to pay is excessive. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The fact their arseholes want to settle on the phone tells you all you need to know. 

****ing cowboys looking for a fast buck. Frustrating but Budge absolutely correct not to cave 

16 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Happy for people to question Budge’s approach to day to day running of a football team, but questioning her ability to lead a legal matter/contract negotiations is just laughable.  She’s an award winning businesswoman FFS, get a grip.  She knows what she’s doing. 

This will get done next week, one way or another and either way I respect her for facing into this.

I actually have faith in Ann in dealing with this legal entanglement. It's one area where she knows what she is talking about.

13 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

It’s interesting that we’ve not gone ahead with the appointment despite the dispute. What is the delay if we think nothing is due to Barnsley? 

Suggests to me we are leaving ourselves some wriggle room to withdraw if we subsequently discover the compo we have to pay is excessive. 

That makes complete sense until the lawyers have gone through the contract to establish if any money is in fact due to Barnsley.

If the answer is no then we will get him to sign and leave the rest up to Barnsley if they want to pursue the matter.

If on the other hand it transpires we are due them money then I would imagine that a bit of negotation will be taking place and once that is done we will get Stendel to sign but not before.

Edited by wavydavy

better_call_saul
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I actually have faith in Ann in dealing with this legal entanglement. It's one area where she knows what she is talking about.

Biggest backhanded comment since Wimbledon.

28 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So it's just your opinion that you think hearts dont owe them anything.ok

So what’s your opinion?

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Correct.  The legal costs to the club will be higher if we take Stendel on and then get dragged through the courts by Barnsley.  They’re obviously used to dealing with gullible idiots who are happy to just write cheques without thinking. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The fact their arseholes want to settle on the phone tells you all you need to know. 

****ing cowboys looking for a fast buck. Frustrating but Budge absolutely correct not to cave 

This. Well done Mrs Budge.

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No. They haven’t said they are due money either. Contracts will no doubt be being scutinised as will the legalities of the clauses in the contract.

That's a good point. 

Even if a contract is signed it doesn't mean it's legal.

37 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Because it is a legal dispute. Which means one party believes money is due, and the other club believes no money is due. Usually that ends up in a settlement but sometimes it goes to court/arbitration. There is no reason to 'just pay it' and nor should we.

If  there's  no reason to pay it would we not have signed him by now? 

millerjames398
4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Why don't we all just start suing this Conway chump? Thousands of individual cases against him for psychological stress.

Use these guys, no win, no fee;

https://www.digbybrown.co.uk/

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼😂

20 minutes ago, sadj said:

can you not just invite the Conway boy to Casa Del Morgan and get him lost in the many passageways underneath that the Knight’s Templars used to use to travel to avoid prosecution? Then accidentally seal them up? 

Tried that with my sister-in-law, sadj.

Bitch escaped.

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

****ing cowboys looking for a fast buck. Frustrating but Budge absolutely correct not to cave.

:spoton:

Something, or someone, will have to give, and my money is on AB.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Oh, the Irony.

Oh, the cliches.

Not irony if I consider myself to be a dick too.

35 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So really we are only waiting on lawyers confirming or denying that Barnsley are due money.

Due something but how much?

52 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not in your case, Hector. You’re a natural!

Correct I'm a natural 100% top man 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏🥁🥁🥁🎅

Gene Parmesan
9 minutes ago, jambocub said:

If  there's  no reason to pay it would we not have signed him by now? 

Once we have every document to back up our position, we will. 

Are posters actually encouraging the club to spend £150K that we might not need to?? 

That's a new player in January!!

Coburg Hearts
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Oh, the cliches.

Not irony if I consider myself to be a dick too.

You said it.

31 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Sensible if the figure is nearer the £1m mark

If hearts feel we don’t owe them money then I’m happy to wait. 150k above is money we can spend on a player, I’d rather we didn’t hand the money to Barnsley especially if we don’t need to. Stendel will be here soon enough. Hopefully by Atleast Monday so he has a full weeks training with the dross we have.

If it’s a relatively reasonable amount to get it settled (going against our right to fight our corner for the sake of it)  I’d rather get it done. 

Money can be recouped over time by getting the team motoring again, gates back up and all the the other offshoots of a successful team that bring in money.  

Totally understand though if Budge thinks Stendel is the real thing and is worth waiting for. If that means fighting to get an unreasonable compensation claim reduced, so be it. 

If Stendel signs we should INVITE Barnsley up for a pre-season game. 

A coz their fans seem decent and

B So we can ram it up their tinpot, 2-bit chairman. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
57 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Aye if they stop fannying about!🥴

How do you know they are fannying about?

Maiden Gorgie
37 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Are posters actually encouraging the club to spend £150K that we might not need to?? 

That's a new player in January!!

This.

Conway's aggresive stance suggests to me he is one seriously pissed off individual and is trying to bully AB & HMFC - good luck with that pal.

1 hour ago, troonmaroon said:

Not sure known publicly how much it is. But my gut says the American is seeking a lot more than £150k.

Americans would sue their mothers for a s**** breakfast . Tell them to come up here an argue their case in a proper court of law not their s*** show half a**ed version

Hagar the Horrible

We should just make Steven niesmith player manager until the end of the season.  The either get in strendle. Or look elsewhere 

4 hours ago, allyby said:

Why can't Budge just take her lawyers down there and get around the table with her Barnsley counterparts and get a deal done?

Seems sense to me and get things sorted out so we can resume to some kind of normality  again.

Maybe because he lives in America. 

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Why don't we all just start suing this Conway chump? Thousands of individual cases against him for psychological stress.

Use these guys, no win, no fee;

https://www.digbybrown.co.uk/

Get John Grisham on it a class action by a small town lawyer who uses a washed up drunk ex partner for advice against Barnsley and Conway for being American (no offence @Justin Z) and the stress we are all under due to his behaviour...

This is why you should never allow Americans to buy your club. No interest in success, just a stream of income at a low risk and cost. Sell on clauses are where they hope to make cash. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jackal said:

This is why you should never allow Americans to buy your club. No interest in success, just a stream of income at a low risk and cost. Sell on clauses are where they hope to make cash. 

Better with Russians as owners.

“Aye but what about all the success off the field, she’s done a great job”.

5 weeks to appoint a manager and turning the club into a national joke is not off field success.

****ing shambles and a terribly run organisation.

5 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

5 weeks to appoint a manager and turning the club into a national joke is not off field success.

Tosh!

It should have been ten
9 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Gie yersel peace! She said it would take 4-6 weeks and as pointed out by yourself we are on week 5!!!!

Edited by It should have been ten

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Mad Budge oot. 

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe because he lives in America. 

He surely has someone there to negotiate on his behalf, coupled with a lawyer and it's possible to bring an end to all this sooner rather than later.

8 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Dribbles!

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

:bigyawn:

• davemclaren locked this topic