Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Even if they’ve been sacked?. I bet you can’t find many clubs who have received compensation for 3 of their last 4 head coaches. 

It’s very odd but clearly it’s a deal Stendel signed. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is giving me the fear like 

Let's be honest here backbone and or stiff upper lip don't really appear on your CV. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Let's be honest here backbone and or stiff upper lip don't really appear on your CV. 

Neither does lickspittle pal

5 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Where have you heard its close to a million 

If it was close to a million we wouldn't even be in discussions lol

Would imagine it's not just Hearts and Barnsley that solely involved in the negotiations. The FA , SFA , Manageers Union etc will all probably be having an input . 

Expect it to be sorted out soon with Barnsley getting a token payment. 

9 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Where have you heard its close to a million 

He hasn't he's just telling porkies to gain attention...all children do that

Just now, CJGJ said:

He hasn't he's just telling porkies to gain attention...all children do that

Hi Stiletto!

:wink: 

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

He hasn't he's just telling porkies to gain attention...all children do that

Was thinking that 

12 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Even if they’ve been sacked?. I bet you can’t find many clubs who have received compensation for 3 of their last 4 head coaches. 

Is one of those three Stendel? Were the other two sacked as well?! I'm just saying that getting paid for a manager to leave whilst still in contract is not unusual. I thought there was a suggestion it was. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Certainly more entertainment than has been on offer on the pitch for over a year.

Has he a 3 year deal ?

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If it was close to a million we wouldn't even be in discussions lol

Would imagine it's not just Hearts and Barnsley that solely involved in the negotiations. The FA , SFA , Manageers Union etc will all probably be having an input . 

Expect it to be sorted out soon with Barnsley getting a token payment. 

Easy to see how it could be a million or more. If there is a buy-out clause in Stendel’s contract, just like players have, then keeping him on the payroll is a sensible move if you think he will be in demand. No way Budge would have known the details  of his contract, in fact even Stendel could have been unaware if it. His agent would know but his client has had some pretty good publicity out of this as well as the fact that the agent is probably on a cut of the buy-out fee from Barnsley. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Easy to see how it could be a million or more. If there is a buy-out clause in Stendel’s contract, just like players have, then keeping him on the payroll is a sensible move if you think he will be in demand. No way Budge would have known the details  of his contract, in fact even Stendel could have been unaware if it. His agent would know but his client has had some pretty good publicity out of this as well as the fact that the agent is probably on a cut of the buy-out fee from Barnsley. 

I get that but there is absolutely zero chance we are even starting negotiations if that's the case and if it is he won't be the next Hearts manager . 

As a guess or reckon it will be somewhere between 50k to 100k we will eventually pay Barnsley. 

Stendel is obviously the route we are going down but how costly could six games under McPhee prove, only time will tell. The semi final we essentially wrote off which is criminal, they are not a regular occurrence for us. We are so far down this route now, let’s hope we are Not relegated by a point, that I’m confident could have been avoided by a competent coach such as Robinson. It’s a big gamble. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

not sure that anyone would be unaware of such elements in a contract of employment- it’s surely a duty of your rep (agent) to make you fully aware of what you are signing and you should want to know. If not the agent can be found to be negligent in their responsibilities. If they have a vested interest in any sell on and then hide said details that’s misrepresentation 

Let's hope this can be resolved soon as apathy is starting to set in. I didn't feel any fervent anger last night. People around me were actually laughing at how bad we were. 

We shouldn't expect miracles straight away though as I think it will be difficult to implement his style in the first few games. 

De we stop for the short January break again? That should prove an ideal time for some intensive work on his style. 

22 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Is one of those three Stendel? Were the other two sacked as well?! I'm just saying that getting paid for a manager to leave whilst still in contract is not unusual. I thought there was a suggestion it was. 

What’s unusual is it’s cost us nothing to get rid of our last 4 managers and 3 of them have earned us money, that’s not common. 

I hope this guy is worth all the hassle! 6 months or so in charge of hannover and sacked. One good season at Barnsley. 10 games into the next season then sacked! 

Nothing I can see worth breaking the bank over. Hoping he'll prove me wrong.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

If you think this is bad on no account visit any of the Hearts Facebook groups.

Aye I’ve heard about the keyboard warriors on there 🙈

Captain Canada
18 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Let's hope this can be resolved soon as apathy is starting to set in. I didn't feel any fervent anger last night. People around me were actually laughing at how bad we were. 

We shouldn't expect miracles straight away though as I think it will be difficult to implement his style in the first few games. 

De we stop for the short January break again? That should prove an ideal time for some intensive work on his style. 

Yeah, there's a break for around 3 weeks in January again. I'd expect there to be a training camp abroad again if we can afford to go. 

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Under the floodlight said:

Do you fall into that category? If you do, I don't indulge either, did you get launched after your first posts I don't think so, but maybe you should !

Well said! 

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

there is a very good reason in season managerial appointments are made quickly, stability is key - this run has finished off our season - the whole season down the toilet  - and last night left me in no doubt that we are in very real danger or of being relegated, in that circumstance having a manager in quickly who can get us out of this is the key.. it seems every single pundit ive heard  agrees with me as do our players.

if we’d gone after Stendel on Day 1 we wouldn’t be having this conversation.. but we would have needed some sort of plan for that, and not to have waster time interviewing candidates who were never acceptable 

If we had gone after him immediately and interviewed no one else having never meant with or even spoken to him before that would been total madness. And even if we had done that, Barnsley’s response would have still been the same. So at best we might have him in before last nights game by a day or so. 

The season in terms of qualifying for Europe was written off before CL went. 

Coburg Hearts
6 hours ago, graygo said:

That's all well and good but who would buy buy buy them?

If we loan loan loan them we still need to pay part or all of their salary.

If we free free free them then they will be looking for a lump sum settlement.

mitch loves playing monopoly .

Coburg Hearts
6 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Why fans can't see this or understand this is absolutely beyond me, it's really not difficult, and yet there's so many who choose to continue to blame Hearts for this scenario, I worry about fan ownership with some of the dimwits in our support, I really do! 

You are not alone, John, I have the fear too.

Brick Tamland
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we see it, Stendel was my first choice on day one but had you said it would be 6 weeks to get it over the line I’d have rather gone down another route. 6 weeks without a manager is disgraceful mismanagement, but we have to see it through now...

our board have and absolutely destroyed our season with ridiculous decision after ridiculous decision .. amore bizarrely every single person responsible for the utter disgrace we witnessed last night is still at the club. 

failure to a level never seen before.. 

From a Hearts stance I would say the Vlad administration was worse than taking the time to get Stendel over the line. 
In general football the shite from leith getting relegated during the Butcher era was worse Than us taking this length of time to get Stendel over the line. 
And finally the liquidation and subsequent death of Rangers was infinitely worse than us taking time to get Stendel over the line. 
All just my opinion of course, but I think those 3 examples are by a long, long way bigger failures than the time it has taken us to get Stendel over the line. 

4 hours ago, weehammy said:

The problem is we have no way of knowing if Stendel is the ‘right’ manager.

Agreed. But it is almost the same with every manager.

A couple of seasons ago Jack Ross was two games away from relegating St Mirren from the Championship, a little over a year ago and he got a massively well paid job at Sunderland having only won the Scot Championship division.

And it wasn’t that long ago that Ray McKinnon was the “next great young manager”, who folk would have been pushing for any SPL job out with the twins and then he goes to Dundee Utd and after a good first season he starts the next season badly and now he has been emptied by Falkirk and is looking like he is finished as a manager.

Arguably the least risky option would have been to go after Neilson. Scot champ winner with record pts, 3rd place finish straight after promotion and one of the highest win percentages and highest goals scored records of any Hearts mgr. But he wouldn’t have even taken an interview and loads of fans would have spat the dummy.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Jambo83x said:

Stendel is obviously the route we are going down but how costly could six games under McPhee prove, only time will tell. The semi final we essentially wrote off which is criminal, they are not a regular occurrence for us. We are so far down this route now, let’s hope we are Not relegated by a point, that I’m confident could have been avoided by a competent coach such as Robinson. It’s a big gamble. 

3 in a row.....

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

You are wasting your time trying to reason with zealots.

Everybody connected with Hearts is coming in for abuse.

They’ve went from CL to Mrs Budge to Austin McPhee and now Steven Naismith is attracting their bile, the staff at the ticket office and refreshment kiosks will be next no one's safe.

We are all disappointed with perfornances but some of this lot are unreal.

I wonder how long the new manager will get ?

The pitch, don't forget the pitch.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

How do people still not have a problem with the 4-6 week timescale. ****ing hell! There was never a need to take so long. 

Fair enough, but Stendel would be out of the equation.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Criticism is fine, healthy in fact. Ranting and raving and being massively critical when you are coming from a position of complete ignorance isn’t healthy. 

This is the crux of the matter.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I noticed this in the comments section of a paper from a Barnsley fan about his (Coway's) attempts to prize money from us.

"Quite Frankly Conway, the fans at BARNSLEY already hold you in such low regard that you couldnt lower your esteem any further in our eyes. What you have done though, by your Bullish, pathetic statement is lower our Club from a club with a good name in football as an honourable one, to one that is seen to be profiting from a manager they allegedly sacked. It's an embarrassment to our club! Are we THIS short of money? Have we still not paid for the new shiny hand driers in the toilets? ( They only improvement to our club youve made so far)..... PATHETIC...... And you should hang your head in SHAME!"

I wonder if the MSM in Yorkshire are treating him similar to the way Vlad, and our club, was treated up here?

59 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

From a Hearts stance I would say the Vlad administration was worse than taking the time to get Stendel over the line. 
In general football the shite from leith getting relegated during the Butcher era was worse Than us taking this length of time to get Stendel over the line. 
And finally the liquidation and subsequent death of Rangers was infinitely worse than us taking time to get Stendel over the line. 
All just my opinion of course, but I think those 3 examples are by a long, long way bigger failures than the time it has taken us to get Stendel over the line. 

Far too sensible a post. Agree.

4 hours ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

I don’t read or believe anything in the media. I believe what I’ve been told from people who are genuinely ITK.

Yes there’s still a chance this deal could collapse but AB wants DS and DS wants to come here. Should be simple but it’s not. It’s Barnsley that are proving difficult to negotiate with. They don’t want him but also don’t want him working for another club unless they’re paid compensation. There’s also a chance another club could come in at the last minute give him a better offer, pay what Barnsley are looking for, therefore gazumping us and taking DS. 

This deal needs sorted quickly and if we dither around with the compensation then there’s every chance this can go pear shaped at the 12th hour. 

So it's not a done deal then. 😁

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

i got a feeling it will be sorted tomorrow

Same actually

Barnsley don't seem tough to deal with and there will have been negotiations 

Edited by rudi must stay

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Same actually

Barnsley don't seem tough to deal with and there will have been negotiations 

Fingers Crossed

3 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

good post - the pant wetters won't agree though.

I could be very naive, but can hearts not simply appoint Stendel et al, let them get on with the job and fight the legal bits as an aside? I appreciate legalities can be very intricate but can they be fought separately? Hard to know without seeing finer details but really frustrating 

3 hours ago, oi oi said:

good post - the pant wetters won't agree though.

This term has been used a lot by Levein fanboys against any criticism over the last year as we have been on our terrible run in form, performances and results.

Good to know you still think that the situation we are in is normal and there is nothing to worry about. Pant wetters FFS

Edited by HMFC 86

4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I could be very naive, but can hearts not simply appoint Stendel et al, let them get on with the job and fight the legal bits as an aside? I appreciate legalities can be very intricate but can they be fought separately? Hard to know without seeing finer details but really frustrating 

Very costly if it ends up going to court though. The club are 100% doing the right thing. 

Quoting from above:

Barnsley insist they are not to blame for holding up Daniel Stendel's appointment as Hearts manager.

The Tynecastle club were expected to end their five week search for Craig Levein's replacement by appointing the 45-year-old earlier this week.

And Barnsley Chief Executive Paul Conway has now entered into correspondence with the Edinburgh club in a quest to resolve a situation described by owner Ann Budge as 'tortuous'.

Surprised at the Hearts reluctance to thrash the matter out quickly by telephone, Conway believes a six figure claim is a red herring for other potential issues.

Speaking to Sportsmail from the United States last night he said: 'I would be surprised if we were to blame for any hold-up.

'It doesn't make any logical sense to me because if we were the only issue one of two things would happen.

'Either the club would just do it and say, 'we can resolve this post-signing.' Or we could just work it out over the phone.

'So I'm surprised that we are being cited as the issue because it doesn't make logical sense to me.' Stendel is keen to bring trusted coaches Chris Stern and Dale Tonge to Edinburgh. Despite both being under contract to Barnsley until the end of the season Conway has offered to waive any compensation payment for either.

Hearts have responded to the Barnsley claim by letter - with the English club now responding by the same method.

Interm Hearts boss Austin MacPhee now expects to remain in charge for this weekend's meeting with Motherwell, predicting a conclusion to the saga early next week.

Expressing bemusement that the matter should take so long Conway added: 'We have been involved in this kind of situation at Barnsley four times. I have been on both sides of it.

'It usually gets resolved reasonably quickly with a couple of phone calls, so that's why I would be surprised if it was just us who had to be taken care of.

'If Hearts want to engage in written correspondence then that's up to them.

'Is compensation to us an issue? For sure. But we are not negotiating a trade accord - if they want to resolve this quickly we are here.'

L

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Budge is sending letters instead of phoning or email? 😐

Perhaps doing so as advised by our legal team?

• davemclaren locked this topic