Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Just now, rick witter said:

Well that will not happen considering we have Rangers at Ibrox next week and we all know how that will go. 

I know that but just saying...:pimp2:

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

image.jpeg.2230c0d9d6b0b206274e8ac601319203.jpeg

You've got me worried now......

Image result for the scream

do you know when I was looking at it ,I thought to myself who does he remind me of 

then this !!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Sold both there best two CB’s and star striker without replacing them when they got promoted 

Undoubtedly hes had problems to overcome. But they did sign quite a few players too, some useful from Leeds. 

Post match comments,  well everything Levein has rightly been slated for,  Daniel has been making all sorts of excuses too.

For Levein and injuries read Stendel and lack of experience. 

Some curious decisions in there too. One week they had several injuries,  mystically he dropped his 2 experienced central midfield players. 

10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Fair points SG, it is undoubtedly a gamble. I think people are going to have to be really patient if he does come, coaching counter press takes a long time to get over to players and they also have to work incredibly hard. Like Bielsa's Leeds it's young man's football so we might see a lot of changes. 

Yeah. But his young team ran out of steam. 

Worrying still,  against Luton and Preston they were out of the game early on.

Its fine having a philosophy,  but you need the players to play it. I don't think our squad fits his strategy.  

Haring Whelan Naismith Walker,  our best players too.

Neil McCann blew it at Dundee chasing his strategic dreams. 

Important whoever's the SD gets it right in this appointment or we could have expensive misfits 

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

They've even mentioned maybe planning a trip to Tynecastle to watch a match if Stendel is appointed 😊

The Barnsley fans come across a right nice lot don’t they :lol: 

I mean that sincerely btw. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol:

Was thinking that myself. Not surprisingly 2 of their celebrity fans Michael Parkinson and Dickie Bird

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Undoubtedly hes had problems to overcome. But they did sign quite a few players too, some useful from Leeds. 

Post match comments,  well everything Levein has rightly been slated for,  Daniel has been making all sorts of excuses too.

Some curious decisions in there too. One week they had several injuries,  mystically he dropped his 2 experienced central midfield players. 

Its fine having a philosophy,  but you need the players to play it. I don't think our squad fits his strategy.  

Important whoever's the SD gets it right in this appointment or we could have expensive misfits 

Not having that, we did it very well against St Mirren last week

I don’t think there is a better player than Naismith in the country at pressing , Washington can do it, Uche can do it, Mulraney can do it, Smith, hickey, Damour in Meshino ? Bring back Harry and Tony Mac ad. in Halkett, Souttar, Whelan and Haring we have players that can control and dictate and make decisions about when to go..  

25 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I can understand some of the scepticism towards Stendel as a reaction to the unchecked optimism around him when he was first mentioned on here. That said, all candidates we're likely to be able to attract are going to have question marks over them, so it's a case of risk vs. reward. The riskiness of the appointment compared to the other candidates obviously depends on how much more expensive he'll be, but the chances of a high reward seem much better than those of any other candidates mentioned so far. That's why he's an attractive option.

Points well made. It’s understandable to look at his recent record that got him relieved of his duties, but if he didn’t have that recent record we wouldn’t have a chance at getting him (like Neil at Preston). There’s enough been said about him to view this as a worthwhile exercise in my opinion, but it obviously will come with risks like any appointment we’ll be able to make will.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Was thinking that myself. Not surprisingly 2 of their celebrity fans Michael Parkinson and Dickie Bird

Knowing about Romanov etc I’m a little bit impressed. You meet so many English fans who know little and care even less about anything up here. 
I’ll have a wee soft spot for Barnsley at this rate👍🏼

Arthur Morgan
3 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Told tonight that Stendel has informed the club via his agent he doesn’t want to manage in Scotland.

Yet he went for an interview anyway? 

Arthur Morgan
15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah they do :D

4 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Told tonight that Stendel has informed the club via his agent he doesn’t want to manage in Scotland.

Told by whom?

5 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

FFS :sob:

I just don't know who to believe on here.

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, Davie Deans said:

No.

So all this speculation and he hasn't even had an interview? If you're right then that will be the end of that! 

Oh for Christ’s sake this is actually worse than the transfer window. I wish an appointment was made sooner rather than later but that’s because I’m selfish and want the speculation done with. I’m happy for the appointment to take time so long as it’s the right one, I just think I may have to live under a rock until it’s made to avoid all of this.

7 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Yet he handed in his CV? 

Source: you. 

7 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

You also told us earlier, in this very thread, that Stendel had sent his CV ages ago and it was us who were deciding whether to interview him?

9 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

You said a few days ago the club had Stendels CV, we would not have that if he wasn’t interested in managing here. Whoever has informed you of this is talking mince, or you are. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Must be some stories doing the rounds at the moment, I just received a message saying he, Daniel Stendel, will be announced as the new head coach tomorrow. No idea which is factual or if either are factual, from reading some stuff online the content does suggest he won't be leaving Barnsley until such time as they agree his pay off with him, as he is contracted until the end of the season and the two parties can't agree an amount at the moment.

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It's all rumours at the minute. I dont think anyone knows much or anything out with the club and Stendel. 

Are you not the guy who posts all the stuff from the rumour sites pretending you’re in the know?

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Are you not the guy who posts all the stuff from the rumour sites pretending you’re in the know?

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

🙏

13 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Yet he handed in his CV? 

Source: you. 

I doubt he does it personally. He’ll have agents that circulate his CV I’d imagine.

Invited for an interview and has declined for the reason stated above.

Anyway, we will see. Just passing it on.

11 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Must be some stories doing the rounds at the moment, I just received a message saying he, Daniel Stendel, will be announced as the new head coach tomorrow. No idea which is factual or if either are factual, from reading some stuff online the content does suggest he won't be leaving Barnsley until such time as they agree his pay off with him, as he is contracted until the end of the season and the two parties can't agree an amount at the moment.

I trust who told me.

I guess one of our messages may prove to be correct.

16 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

You said a few days ago the club had Stendels CV, we would not have that if he wasn’t interested in managing here. Whoever has informed you of this is talking mince, or you are. 

We shall see one way or the other soon enough.

36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I share your fears about our squad and I don't think people are fully comprehending just how physical counter press is. Interesting times. 

2 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

I doubt he does it personally. He’ll have agents that circulate his CV I’d imagine.

So his agent has been just pimping out his CV? To see if one schott may land?

2 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Correct, his CV could have got to us via his people and we've asked him for an interview and he's said, nah, yer awrite. 

Thought Police

We shall see one way or the other soon enough.

Well yes, if you say he’s handed in his CV, and that he doesn’t want to manage in Scotland, you’ll be proved right eventually!

Pretty clever to cover your bases

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd read Barnsley match reports and interviews. 

Just done this,  selling ourselves short, if it is him. 

Start games well but generally get run over the top.

Tin hat on, his post match comments are echoes of Levein 

That's the pressing game for you.Hardly any teams can sustain it the whole match.

I can remember Dortmund under Klopp were fecked after 60 mins and Bayern would take over and win the match.

Liverpool are probably the only team that can sustain that gegenpress over a whole match.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I share your fears about our squad and I don't think people are fully comprehending just how physical counter press is. Interesting times. 

Can’t be the only one nostalgic for the days when press just meant a cupboard.

My worry about the counter press in scotland as the default strategy is you can be vulnerable to long balls, and most teams outwith celtic and rangers are more than happy to lump it upfield. Ie its not the game for berra.

We need someone who can set up a team to break down teams that have no intention of attacking us - often the case at tynecastle in particular.

Anyhow, as well as being a respected coach, Stendel seems popular with fans and players. This is what we need and what both cathro and levein seemed to lack. Neilson had it.

Also has a rep for working and developing young players so fits the bill in many ways.

Not saying he’s going to come to us, but I don’t buy the ‘CV put in by his agent’ business. There aren’t that many managerial posts in professional football and I just don’t believe that an agent would apply for one without obtaining his client’s permission first.

We’ll see I guess

1 minute ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Just been told he’s up at the Dalmahoy this evening 

I want time stamped photos & DNA evidence mate or yer a slaver!

• davemclaren locked this topic