Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

So let me get this straight he was to be announced tomorrow at 2pm, then as he was walking out the door Ann suddenly remembered she forgot to ask what his salary was... he said 18k a week and she called off the announcement. Sounds plausible 🤣

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So let me get this straight he was to be announced tomorrow at 2pm, then as he was walking out the door Ann suddenly remembered she forgot to ask what his salary was... he said 18k a week and she called off the announcement. Sounds plausible 🤣

This 😂

It's a done deal!!!

Oh wait we can't afford 18k a week. 

Italian Lambretta
9 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

This 😂

It's a done deal!!!

Oh wait we can't afford 18k a week. 

Dont worry our mystery benefactor will pony up the 900k to pay his annual salary. He's minted 😉

Haringshairband
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

:rofl: seems legit

3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Dont worry our mystery benefactor will pony up the 900k to pay his annual salary. He's minted 😉

😂👍💵🇱🇻

5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Plus the poppy money.  Never forget that.

Just now, jambopilms said:

Can someone put in simple facts why this should be our man, please.

Got Barnsley promoted last season on a smaller budget than a number of other teams. Plays fast, attacking football. Likes a bevy. 

34 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I do like the part where he says “It doesn’t matter what team we are playing, we play our style, we play forward, active and we want to win the game. I like emotions and I like a lot of team spirit.”

I really like the sound of him and that sort of chat as well 

But didn’t Cathro say he’d have us playing in a way that we’d be running down the streets to get into the ground to watch us?

2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Got Barnsley promoted last season on a smaller budget than a number of other teams. Plays fast, attacking football. Likes a bevy. 

Feck me it's George Burley

3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

At least I’ve got something in common with him.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

At least I’ve got something in common with him.

Didn't know you got Barnsley promoted. Well done sir

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Attacking football

Inspiring optimistic personality

No fear of the Old Firm

All those are a given 

Edited by rudi must stay

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Didn't know you got Barnsley promoted. Well done sir

Cheers, nothing I like better than getting Barnsley promoted after work.

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Attacking football

No fear of the Old Firm

All those are a given 

He's German 

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Attacking football

No fear of the Old Firm

All those are a given 

Just cause he isn't from the UK doesn't mean he won't fear playing those two.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's German 

That's neither a positive or a negative really. But going on my knowledge of German and their football, I'd count it in his favour

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cheers, nothing I like better than getting Barnsley promoted after work.

I tried it with Wrexham. Failed dismally so kudos

Tynecastlesmychurch
36 minutes ago, Prof said:

According to the EEHobo, we can’t afford Stendel.

Are they now. That's funny. Seems their scared as we might be about to get the man that pished all over Jack Ross in the league 1 promotion race. Dispite having a smaller budget too. 

And as for not being able to afford it. I'd point the good unbiased people at EEN to the clubs financial statement about a week or two ago!

Tynecastlesmychurch
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Just cause he isn't from the UK doesn't mean he won't fear playing those two.

He didn't fear Peps all conquering Bayern!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Becoming clear that we’re going to ***** around and then appoint McPhee until the end of the season. Bet Budge is desperate for him to win a couple more games, just to give her the excuse 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Becoming clear that we’re going to ***** around and then appoint McPhee until the end of the season. Bet Budge is desperate for him to win a couple more games, just to give her the excuse 

That may take some time. 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

is it? I have seen nothing to suggest that is likely.

I think people need to calm down and stop thinking Ann Budge is somehow got a blood pact to keep things the same. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

That may take some time. 

You could tell that she’d much prefer to have the easy out of going ‘Austin is the best man for the job’ than actually make a proper decision. Will be funny if for the second time we end a “major recruitment process” by appointing someone integral to our failure

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

is it? I have seen nothing to suggest that is likely.

I think people need to calm down and stop thinking Ann Budge is somehow got a blood pact to keep things the same. 

I think people need to open their eyes and see what’s been going on for three years.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don't  think so.  Used to think that but not any more.

We'll see.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think people need to open their eyes and see what’s been going on for three years.

enlighten me.

Or is it just she kept with Levein so that means she cant do anything except do what Levein wants.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

enlighten me.

Or is it just she kept with Levein so that means she cant do anything except do what Levein wants.

1) “major recruitment process” which ended with her appointing Levein, who didn’t really want the job and wasn’t up to it.

2) stuck with Levein for an inordinate amount of time when it was clear that he needed to go. Bizarrely waited until a few days before a cup semi final to get on with it and even then, only after someone had spray painted the badge in front of the stadium

3) doesn’t appear to have planned for this in the sense of knowing who she wanted. Invites applications but then approaches Stendel, only to find out we can’t afford him.

People are trying hard to airbrush all this and pretend that there’s no trend but I can’t have confidence in Budge making the right appointment. And I doubt McPhee is out of the running either.

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He’s German and Germans are fashionable 

Plays high pressure attacking football.. the exact opposite of the dross we’ve been watching for 3 years.

players seemed to love him

Barnsley fans definitely Loved him, got them on board quickly

Doesn’t come with a reason to dislike him unlike some other candidates

Available

not one of the Scottish football old guard 

battered Jack Ross in the league with far less resources

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

1) “major recruitment process” which ended with her appointing Levein, who didn’t really want the job and wasn’t up to it.

2) stuck with Levein for an inordinate amount of time when it was clear that he needed to go. Bizarrely waited until a few days before a cup semi final to get on with it and even then, only after someone had spray painted the badge in front of the stadium

3) doesn’t appear to have planned for this in the sense of knowing who she wanted. Invites applications but then approaches Stendel, only to find out we can’t afford him.

People are trying hard to airbrush all this and pretend that there’s no trend but I can’t have confidence in Budge making the right appointment. And I doubt McPhee is out of the running either.

1) Which she has since said that she accepts she made a mistake with the appointment (which was pushed by a member of the board, not Ann or Craig, and they accepted.) She has since Levein sacking confirmed that they are going for a completely different process getting outside help in making the decision.

2) Yes, I agree she should have sacked him a month earlier than she did. She has explained why, whether you agree with the reasons or not. 

3) You do realise that sometimes you dont know a candidates full situation until you talk to them. And we are only seeing the process of selecting a manager through slits and selected information that comes out. So most are making assumptions based on very limited information or through personal prejudices. 

Hackney Hearts
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

only to find out we can’t afford him.

Has Ann Budge said this?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

How long are the remaining contracts for the 3 main coaches left?

Too long apart from Kirk n Rankin

17 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Punted for not winning a single game in 10 and we're getting excited about this guy?

That's still an improvement on Levein!!!

Just now, keifrb said:

That's still an improvement on Levein!!!

Yer neighbours dug would be an improvement over Levein. 

We need to get this one right. 

19 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Punted for not winning a single game in 10 and we're getting excited about this guy?

We’re either getting a young manager on an upward curve but unproven at a club our size or level OR we are getting a more experienced guy who has failed to some extent during his career.

Nucky Thompson
43 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You could tell that she’d much prefer to have the easy out of going ‘Austin is the best man for the job’ than actually make a proper decision. Will be funny if for the second time we end a “major recruitment process” by appointing someone integral to our failure

If that happened then we would be the biggest laughing stock in British football

Just now, GinRummy said:

We’re either getting a young manager on an upward curve but unproven at a club our size or level OR we are getting a more experienced guy who has failed to some extent during his career.

Ann said that she wants experience, so i'm holding her to that. 

Has Neil McCann really been interviewed? Bit of a joke that. 

46 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

😂

1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

Ann said that she wants experience, so i'm holding her to that. 

Has Neil McCann really been interviewed? Bit of a joke that. 

No idea. I think he said on radio that he hadn’t been approached.

Just now, GinRummy said:

No idea. I think he said on radio that he hadn’t been approached.

I think that's the problem, none of us have any idea what's going on. 

She said that she want's an experienced big name manager and that there will be money available to get him in. 

Now we're looking at the names that have apparently been interviewed and barely any of them fit that criteria. 

2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

She said that she want's an experienced big name manager and that there will be money available to get him in. 

Now we're looking at the names that have apparently been interviewed and barely any of them fit that criteria. 

Replace apparently with allegedly and it might explain the issue that some have a bit better. 

1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

Aye it can get frustrating. I think the big thing is nobody really knows what’s happening but some are getting raging angry about it anyway.

I don’t see why the process should take 4-6 weeks but that’s what she said and despite wanting someone in ASAP it’s still a case of who being more important than when, to me.

Just now, davemclaren said:

Replace apparently with allegedly and it might explain the issue that some have a bit better. 

Yeah, well, fair enough, you've done that for me. 

What are your thoughts on the matter? Do you believe that McCann has been interviewed? 

• davemclaren locked this topic