Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

17 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Deal agreed between Stendel and Barnsley this morning. Free to join up with Hearts as of midnight tonight. Announced as the new gaffer tomorrow at 2pm.

Bold 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

15 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Deal agreed between Stendel and Barnsley this morning. Free to join up with Hearts as of midnight tonight. Announced as the new gaffer tomorrow at 2pm.

please let this be true

3 hours ago, Barack said:

"He wa shyte , sum think he led us tu 2 Wembley wins  , Wilson and Tom made that teeurm , all he did wa stand in technical area , then he wa allus moaning , answering phones /doing CEOs job etc , load ov ballax , Naeow I wunt want him back "

Translation:

"He was rather poor. People had extravagant expectations of visits to Wembley, but Wilson & Tom were the real inspirations behind the team.

He spent an inordinate amount of time standing around, and complaining profusely. I don't want him back."

Easy.👍🏻

in case anyone else looks at that and think they’re talking about Strendel, relax they’re not. They’re discussing whether they should consider Paul Heckingbottom again!! 

It's a done deal. Paperwork signed tomorrow morning. Absolute FACT.

I'm so confident that I'll donate 47 pence to Big Hearts if I'm wrong.

Just now, AndyNic said:

It's a done deal. Paperwork signed tomorrow morning. Absolute FACT.

I'm so confident that I'll donate 47 pence to Big Hearts if I'm wrong.

So your taking the mick then...well done.

22 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

What if him and Wotte as Sporting director were announced together.

German dream team

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Wotte if him and Wotte as Sporting director were announced together.

German dream team

FTFY 👍🏼

I'm sceptical.  Only yesterday I was reading on here that Jose M had been spotted all round Gorgie in various licences premises singing the Hearts song.  Done deal I think until I read it confirmed that he has settled for second best.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

What if him and Wotte as Sporting director were announced together.

German dream team

Wotte is dutch.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

So a more accurate description that either of you would be:

Relegated from Bundesliga, didn't win League One, sacked from the only two manager jobs he has had, yet to last 18months at any club, never won anything. 

Barnsley had better perormances and results after Stendel came in than before. But is it not just possible that this was quite heavily linked to the fact they were playing in League One rather than the Championship. When they went back up to the Championship they weren't getting better results than there last season in that league.

As for this commitment to academy graduates and promoting youth, in the League One season they had one academy graduate play regularlly and only another couple make any appearances at all. Where is the evidence that he is commited to academy graduates?

What I took from the Sunderland message board article was that Sunderland fans didn't know much about Stendel. I'm amazed that while fans from another team who had played in the same league didn't feek they knew much about him, a Hearts message board is so full of posters who know enough about him to proclaim he is the only and obvious option. I'm not saying he'd be a bad appointment, but the degree of backing he is getting remains totally bizarre.

I'm tending to side with this point of view. It seems to be a lot of people are getting very excited about this guy simply because he's German and therefore must be streets ahead when it comes to football tactics and philosophy. I don't think that's a given. After the Cathro debacle I'm a little wary of hyped up footballing geniuses.

28 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

You’ll need the full riot gear on at 2.01pm tomorrow if that’s not true! Reliable source?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You’ll need the full riot gear on at 2.01pm tomorrow if that’s not true! Reliable source?

I'm getting my info from an Agent that's a Jambo. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It is but he wouldn't bet on it.🥴

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

I'm getting my info from an Agent that's a Jambo. 

unless it’s his agent, he’ll know as much as me. 

4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If he's been kicking about Barnsley for the last wee while, then I'm quite sure he's not going to be put off by Edinburgh. :lol:

Does look a bit grim.

Related image

2 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Barnsley official forum and sky news reporting Gerhard Struber is new head coach.

So Stendel a real pissibility.

Are we doing Allo Allo jokes?

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Barnsley official forum and sky news reporting Gerhard Struber is new head coach.

So Stendel a real pissibility.

Pissibilty? Doesn't sound encouraging. :(

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Which might be a major sticking-point. I think Ann will be looking at any new man working with at least some of the existing management team as it will be financially difficult/impossible to pick up the tabs for releasing them all. I'm only guessing here, but, have you heard any suggestion otherwise? Sadly it looks like we're not going to be as ambitious as we all hoped and our so-called coaches and John Murray will survive again.

How long are the remaining contracts for the 3 main coaches left?

58 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

You have no idea what you've let yourself in for if this doesn't come to pass.  Tin hat on mate.

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

You have no idea what you've let yourself in for if this doesn't come to pass.  Tin hat on mate.

Look a few posts down mate. I've said I'm that confident I'll make a donation to Big Hearts if I'm wrong 👍🏼

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

No idea of the timing of the announcement but I too have been told that Stendel will be the new gaffer.

So its moved from being a pissability to a certainty.  

Very exciting prospect imo.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

@Jodami has also confirmed.

Arthur Morgan
Just now, AndyNic said:

Look a few posts down mate. I've said I'm that confident I'll make a donation to Big Hearts if I'm wrong 👍🏼

47 pence though. If you're serious then man up and put in at least a tenner. 

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

No idea of the timing of the announcement but I too have been told that Stendel will be the new gaffer.

THERE'S LOVENGOO WITH THE CONFIRMATION. 

That's it official now lads. 

Hahaha!  I did see it.  Turn it to pounds and add a zero!

@Jodami has also confirmed.

I seriously hope you're both right.  For some reason, I like the look of this guy.  The fact that almost and entire fan base was up in arms at his sacking speaks volumes to me.

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Pissibilty? Doesn't sound encouraging. :(

Good new adjective for Kickback though....

1 minute ago, Gary Locke said:

still getting 5/2 to be next manager on skybet👀

Wont be that in 10 mins as people will be betting on him as we speak after reading last few posts 

Sorry guys, deal is dead in the water. Just heard he's looking for £18k a week. 

I'm happy to cough up the 47p mate

Happy if this happens.

Stendel finished 2nd with Barnsley last season in League One meaning automatic promotion.

In the same league last season Jack Ross finished 6th with Sunderland.

• davemclaren locked this topic