Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

3 minutes ago, bazman said:

I'd love Stendel but I just worry that he is clearly due a substantial payment from Barnsley that we wouldn't be able to match 

The guy is a young manager who should be keen to get back in and show some ambition not sit on his arse for a year ,surely he takes a pay settlement 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Good post but has he applied?  Is he interested?

I don't obviously know Colin, some say he has/is but if there is a chance that he has/is be then we'd be a bit mad not to give him the courtesy of sounding him out. A lot, if not most of the applicants that've been mentioned fail to impress most of the fans and I have to agree. I did read last week that he had put his name forward at Hibs, whether they got him in for an interview or not I don't know, Jack Ross appeared to be all but done and dusted by then so maybe it was too late for Stendel by then.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

What have I just read? It was like looking at the Matrix...

Yerm gem

Beginning to think Yerm Gem might be an old Barnsley phrase, right enough. Maybe 'Yerm Gem' = You're game?

Tynecastlesmychurch
20 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Sign him up and let's get moving up that league.

THIS!!! FUR THE LUV EH GOD THIS!!!

I'd like him to get the job.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

His transfer record in his full season at Barnsley is below, didn't appear to be given much to work with:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/barnsley-fc/transfers/verein/349/plus/0?saison_id=2018&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Barnsley have been selling their best players for years. Gutted Heckingbottom’s team down there too

1 minute ago, Raymond Reddington said:

If appointed he could do a meet and greet in the 1874 bar. 

And just in time for the german Christmas market...🇩🇪🍺🎄

1 minute ago, Raymond Reddington said:

If appointed he could do a meet and greet in the 1874 bar. 

Maybe rename the 1874 to Wunder?

Or, if the football turns out to be poor, "Furcht"?

Just now, Agentjambo said:

And just in time for the german Christmas market...🇩🇪🍺🎄

Oh well, what more could he want? :jj:

27 minutes ago, Mort said:

I think its extremely important that any new manager coming in gets to bring all his own staff with him. Our current staff shouldn't be forced upon any new manager.

Which might be a major sticking-point. I think Ann will be looking at any new man working with at least some of the existing management team as it will be financially difficult/impossible to pick up the tabs for releasing them all. I'm only guessing here, but, have you heard any suggestion otherwise? Sadly it looks like we're not going to be as ambitious as we all hoped and our so-called coaches and John Murray will survive again.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Which might be a major sticking-point. I think Ann will be looking at any new man working with at least some of the existing management team as it will be financially difficult/impossible to pick up the tabs for releasing them all. I'm only guessing here, but, have you heard any suggestion otherwise? Sadly it looks like we're not going to be as ambitious as we all hoped and our so-called coaches and John Murray will survive again.

And dont forget Ebineezer Scrouge is still lurking about somewhere in the background.

11 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I'm not so sure about that.  Would that not be a matter for the new SD to decide?  I assume JM will be working under him.

Arthur Morgan

C'mon Hearts, do the right thing here! He's the standout candidate from the names mentioned imo, it would be an exciting and ambitious appointment. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

The only thing I know about this guy is that Joey Barton doesn’t like him. 

He must be a decent person then.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

I've already written a strongly worded letter, using cut up newspaper headline letters, demanding to be personally included on the interview panel so that these questions may be asked. :lol::

As I said in reply to others, it's simply a list of questions that it is probably in the clubs interest to establish the answer to as part of the interview process. 

Haha we'll i'm in the middle of writing an open letter on behalf of all the fans so that makes me the bigger arsehole!!

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Not going to happen. Will be seen as to much of a risk . 

Nah not at all - what's the wurst that can happen?

40 minutes ago, JohnB said:

That's quite a stretch to guess about something and then 1 line later use that guess as fact and then criticise the club for it.

Tynecastlesmychurch
23 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Not going to happen. Will be seen as to much of a risk . 

Booooooooo!

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Meant that he had won promotion from League One. I was at his first game as Hannover manager, you’ll need to fact check on that one!

So a more accurate description that either of you would be:

Relegated from Bundesliga, didn't win League One, sacked from the only two manager jobs he has had, yet to last 18months at any club, never won anything. 

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

.She said that she wanted someone in that can improve the players already here, Barnsley players (and fans) said they were better under Stendel.

She said she wanted someone who will encourage academy and youth players to force themselves into the first team. Stendel is a big fan of academy graduates and promoting youth.

Barnsley had better perormances and results after Stendel came in than before. But is it not just possible that this was quite heavily linked to the fact they were playing in League One rather than the Championship. When they went back up to the Championship they weren't getting better results than there last season in that league.

As for this commitment to academy graduates and promoting youth, in the League One season they had one academy graduate play regularlly and only another couple make any appearances at all. Where is the evidence that he is commited to academy graduates?

What I took from the Sunderland message board article was that Sunderland fans didn't know much about Stendel. I'm amazed that while fans from another team who had played in the same league didn't feek they knew much about him, a Hearts message board is so full of posters who know enough about him to proclaim he is the only and obvious option. I'm not saying he'd be a bad appointment, but the degree of backing he is getting remains totally bizarre.

NaturalOrder74

Good feeling about him, definitely fits the profile for a hearts manager, EEN seem to be thinking it’s unlikely to happen ‘soon’ and I feel like Macfee won’t get much time of he doesn’t continue to pull great results 

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Any appointment is a risk.

This is a bigger one. Given how Cathro's time panned out, that's the reason he hasn't been appointment

Can't back that up just a feeling

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, bazman said:

I'd love Stendel but I just worry that he is clearly due a substantial payment from Barnsley that we wouldn't be able to match 

he’s not Jose Mourinho mate.. £100k max

Surely we can just go halves with barnsley? We get our man and they get off with paying him in full?? Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

21 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Relegated from Bundesliga, didn't win League One, sacked from the only two manager jobs he has had, yet to last 18months at any club, never won anything. 

Barnsley had better perormances and results after Stendel came in than before. But is it not just possible that this was quite heavily linked to the fact they were playing in League One rather than the Championship. When they went back up to the Championship they weren't getting better results than there last season in that league.

As for this commitment to academy graduates and promoting youth, in the League One season they had one academy graduate play regularlly and only another couple make any appearances at all. Where is the evidence that he is commited to academy graduates?

What I took from the Sunderland message board article was that Sunderland fans didn't know much about Stendel. I'm amazed that while fans from another team who had played in the same league didn't feek they knew much about him, a Hearts message board is so full of posters who know enough about him to proclaim he is the only and obvious option. I'm not saying he'd be a bad appointment, but the degree of backing he is getting remains totally bizarre.

I think this partly down to the scarcity of quality candidates we are currently considering!

Edited by gowestjambo

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Any appointment is a risk.

Some more of a risk than others but this guys got a decent record and a philosophy which is the way in which most of you us would like to see us play. 

I’m on the Stendel train.

If we get him:jjyay:

Gegenpressen everyone in the league :yas:

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Just my opinion, so it's still on for the believers .........

Thanks for confirming.....you posted that like you knew for fact..

Arthur Morgan
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tbf in the article it does say a "substantial six figure sum" which makes me think it's more than just 100k.

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I didn’t much about Alex Neil when he was managing in our league

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So if it's a £100k max then why would it be an issue for us to just pay that when we will to reportedly pay 120k for Robinson?

Deal agreed between Stendel and Barnsley this morning. Free to join up with Hearts as of midnight tonight. Announced as the new gaffer tomorrow at 2pm.

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Deal agreed between Stendel and Barnsley this morning. Free to join up with Hearts as of midnight tonight. Announced as the new gaffer tomorrow at 2pm.

Serious? 

I’m not against him. I’m guessing the backing he is receiving here is due to his personality appearing to be in a similar mould to Klopp ie highly enthusiastic, this is the polar opposite as how Levein came across and may not be a bad thing. I think a better name is out there who hasn’t been quoted yet. As so far it’s uninspiring from the list apparently interviewed. 

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

I hope your right....

BerraBelieveit
2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Like most on here, we don't really know that much about Stendel. However when you see some of the names being touted about you're thinking....fk sake, really!?

When Levein was relieved of his duties, Ann stated the type of person she's wanting in. She said that she wanted someone in that can improve the players already here, Barnsley players (and fans) said they were better under Stendel. She said she wanted someone who will encourage academy and youth players to force themselves into the first team. Stendel is a big fan of academy graduates and promoting youth. Then you add in stuff like playing a more attractive, attacking style game, coaching a different style, likely German and we know how controlled, well drilled and difficult to beat they can be. Then there's the non-fear factor of the old firm, something he's never had to deal with or probably given a stuff about in his life. We then come to other coaches as well as scouts throughout Europe whom he'll know so that offers connections for recruiting better quality players in the future.

There are a lot of very big clubs down south that's not in the Premier and most of them will and do under-achieve, including clubs in Barnsley's own league so Europe for the likes of them is almost out of the equation. What do we have in Scotland? The old firm and......the rest of us. Aberdeen are not even near the team they were a couple of seasons ago, Hibs are, well, just Hibs, the Dundee clubs aren't in the top league at the moment and the others just amble through, season after season. It wouldn't take an awful lot to get Hearts back up to where they would normally be in the top 3 or 4 and maybe Stendel with a completely different approach would be the difference. You bring someone like Cotterill in, then what? He gets to sign lower league players the standard that Heckingbottom brought into Hibs last summer? We need to look outside the box. No-one knows if Stendel or any other manager will be the answer but surely at the stage we're at right now, it's worth having a serious think about.

100% spot on. 

When Cathro was appointed, a large % of Hearts fans were delighted and thought it was an out the box idea which would work. It didn't due to his lack of managerial skills and experience.

Here is another out of the box idea except this time it's a guy whose experienced, has the skill set & will be incredibly hungry to succeed. I think appointing Stendel would be a major coup for Hearts but to flip that around it would also be a major coup by Stendel getting such a high profile job and a chance to enhance his already good reputation. There's just something about him that stands out more than any other candidate & I've just got a gut feeling the risk would be worth it.  

45 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Took charge of Hannover 96 in April 2016. Not sure he can be held responsible for relegating then? Beat Borussia Mönchengladbach 2-0 and got an away draw at Hertha Berlin. 

13 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I hope you’re being serious here. 

• davemclaren locked this topic