Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

HEARTS FOREVER
44 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He’s German and Germans are fashionable 

Plays high pressure attacking football.. the exact opposite of the dross we’ve been watching for 3 years.

players seemed to love him

Barnsley fans definitely Loved him, got them on board quickly

Doesn’t come with a reason to dislike him unlike some other candidates

Available

not one of the Scottish football old guard 

battered Jack Ross in the league with far less resources

This

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

15 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Yeah, well, fair enough, you've done that for me. 

What are your thoughts on the matter? Do you believe that McCann has been interviewed? 

I’ve absolutely no idea who’s been interviewed but I don’t believe that all those mentioned in the press have attended interviews. Whatever happens I don’t think that McCann is the right man for the job and doesn’t fit my interpretation of the criteria that Ann stated.  

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve absolutely no idea who’s been interviewed but I don’t believe that all those mentioned in the press have attended interviews. Whatever happens I don’t think that McCann is the right man for the job and doesn’t fit my interpretation of the criteria that Ann stated.  

Agreed. 

Would you consider Macphee for the job if he pulls off a good win against Kilmarnock?

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Just cause he isn't from the UK doesn't mean he won't fear playing those two.

That's correct but beyond having heard of them, I doubt if he'll know much about them and there is no reason to believe he would have any fear of them.

That's what I loved about Burley's team.  Guys like Takis, Rudi and Roman absolutely couldn't give a toss about the OF.

I hope whoever we choose has that mindset and transmits it to every player.

Crucial imo.

1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

Agreed. 

Would you consider Macphee for the job if he pulls off a good win against Kilmarnock?

No. Two wins out of three games isn’t enough evidence for me. If he were to win four games on the trot well then it certainly sets a question I reckon. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

No. Two wins out of three games isn’t enough evidence for me. If he were to win four games on the trot well then it certainly sets a question I reckon. 

Like OLG did at Man U?

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You'd have to consider him if he went on a winning run but he has a fit Naismith available, so in my opinion, his record wouldn't show us the full story. 

I think he has something to offer us but i'm not sure there's a role available to him. 

Or one he would take anyway. 

Edited by Suso Santana

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

He’s German and Germans are fashionable 

Plays high pressure attacking football.. the exact opposite of the dross we’ve been watching for 3 years.

players seemed to love him

Barnsley fans definitely Loved him, got them on board quickly

Doesn’t come with a reason to dislike him unlike some other candidates

Available

not one of the Scottish football old guard 

battered Jack Ross in the league with far less resources

But yet this season his team fired more blanks than the territorials :)

He's a gamble but he's one of the most interesting on the table 

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Given that we aren't blaming him for the relegation, perhaps we also shouldn't be claiming that him managing 6 games in the Bundesliga when the team were already doomed to relegation is evidence that he has more than potential.

Think to be describing someone who has managerial experience in two English leagues and two German leagues, as having potential, is a bit ignorant! All about opinions I suppose ...

5 minutes ago, Doug297 said:

Read that earlier. that was a weird take On the situation. Why would we pay compensation for a manager who has been sacked? The more likely scenario is that we are trying to negotiate how much a week we are paying which could reduce the compensation from Barnsley. Similar to naisy and lafferty when moved from norwich

1 hour ago, Suso Santana said:

Punted for not winning a single game in 10 and we're getting excited about this guy?

They sold majority of his best players and expected him to produce in a very difficult league. 

Edited by MacPhee

I have zero issues with an agreement that he joins us once the situation with Barnsley is agreed and we keep MacPhee till Xmas. Gives him till then to watch the team and assess them plus a window to make corrections. 

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Read that earlier. that was a weird take On the situation. Why would we pay compensation for a manager who has been sacked? The more likely scenario is that we are trying to negotiate how much a week we are paying which could reduce the compensation from Barnsley. Similar to naisy and lafferty when moved from norwich

Think Banderson might be a bit wide of the mark this time

Sorry to piss on everyone's chips, but people are probably saying it'll be announced tomorrow because they read the wind-up on here from earlier today.

While I'm at it, his odds at the bookies are shortening because people are reading rumours and putting money on; not because the bookies are privy to by-the-minute updates on Hearts manager search. Taking money from mugs is their speciality.

Posted last night and as far as I’m aware nothing has changed.

Stendal is in the running to become our manager unless someone vastly more suitable comes along. There’s a few things needing ironed out, the Barnsley situation for one. Looks positive but we’ll also continue speaking to other folk in the meantime. 

well His No2 at Barnsley chris stern has just left Barnsley !!! think it was earlier today but not 100% sure,

2 and 2 = ?

7 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

They sold majority of his best players and expected him to produce in a very difficult league. 

I'd rather take a risk on him than the majority of the names that have been mentioned, i just don't feel all that excited about it. 

6 minutes ago, the general said:

Think Banderson might be a bit wide of the mark this time

I think he's still employed by the club (not sacked, gardening leave)

So we would still need to sort the financials out. 

If he does come in, his first game will most likely be Rangers at Ibrox. If he goes out there to attack and not play 11 behind the ball he'll have surpassed Levein for me. 

Just now, Suso Santana said:

I'd rather take a risk on him than the majority of the names that have been mentioned, i just don't feel all that excited about it. 

i think he would be a good appointment and get us playing fast flowing attacking football again. i havent seen any names that are exciting bar this one. 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I am very much on the Stendel train now.

Does this mean MacPhee announced as SD and Stendel as manager at 2pm tomorrow then?

I’d be happy with that. MacPhee should keep a role at the club

19 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He’s not been sacked though. He’s on garden leave I believe but if he’s in demand then Barnsley will likely see him as an asset with some value so there will be a 3 way negotiation to be had. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd read Barnsley match reports and interviews. 

Just done this,  selling ourselves short, if it is him. 

Start games well but generally get run over the top.

Tin hat on, his post match comments are echoes of Levein 

yep

5 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

well His No2 at Barnsley chris stern has just left Barnsley !!! think it was earlier today but not 100% sure,

2 and 2 = ?

confirmed on Barnsley website that he left today, ps he is also German 

image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

If he does come in, his first game will most likely be Rangers at Ibrox. If he goes out there to attack and not play 11 behind the ball he'll have surpassed Levein for me. 

Even if we lose by 8 goals?  😄

Seems a lot of Sunderland fans are annoyed that they never approached Stendel.

Would be a good fit for me. Will take a couple of transfer windows to get the right players in for his pressing style though. Whether some of the support have the patience for that, I have my doubts.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Sold both there best two CB’s and star striker without replacing them when they got promoted 

1 minute ago, Mort said:

Could be related but may also be because Barnsley have just appointed.

aye , altohugh the talk was he would be staying on, maybe nothing but maybe something 😎

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Even if we lose by 8 goals?  😄

As long as he doesn't instruct the players to kick it out for a throw in straight from kick off i'll be happy. 

Just now, lsimp77 said:

As long as he doesn't instruct the players to kick it out for a throw in straight from kick off i'll be happy. 

😎

I can understand some of the scepticism towards Stendel as a reaction to the unchecked optimism around him when he was first mentioned on here. That said, all candidates we're likely to be able to attract are going to have question marks over them, so it's a case of risk vs. reward. The riskiness of the appointment compared to the other candidates obviously depends on how much more expensive he'll be, but the chances of a high reward seem much better than those of any other candidates mentioned so far. That's why he's an attractive option.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s not been sacked though. He’s on garden leave I believe but if he’s in demand then Barnsley will likely see him as an asset with some value so there will be a 3 way negotiation to be had. 

To be fair technically heckingbottom on gardening leave but you would say he had been sacked by hibs. Clubs can’t afford to pay off managers in full the way that they used to

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fair points SG, it is undoubtedly a gamble. I think people are going to have to be really patient if he does come, coaching counter press takes a long time to get over to players and they also have to work incredibly hard. Like Bielsa's Leeds it's young man's football so we might see a lot of changes. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Mort said:

Could be related but may also be because Barnsley have just appointed.

wouldn’t imagine they will be difficult to deal with, Stendel will just want a slice of cash

12 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Getting humped by a much better team, great plan. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Getting humped by a much better team, great plan. 

Better than sitting back and accepting defeat before kick off

Edited by lsimp77

scott herbertson
9 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

yep

confirmed on Barnsley website that he left today, ps he is also German 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg.2230c0d9d6b0b206274e8ac601319203.jpeg

You've got me worried now......

Image result for the scream

Edited by scott herbertson

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

To be fair technically heckingbottom on gardening leave but you would say he had been sacked by hibs. Clubs can’t afford to pay off managers in full the way that they used to

I know that but if you still have him under contract and someone wants him immediately then there’s potential value in that for a a club. Not a lot I imagine but still needs some negotiation. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Well that will not happen considering we have Rangers at Ibrox next week and we all know how that will go. 

• davemclaren locked this topic