Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

He's knows I post on here. I give him a heads up and he always tells me what I can and cannot say - what I can't share with others. He was ok with me sharing what he told me as it didn't identify any managerial targets.

I for one hope he is removed from the board. Leaking any information to some "friend" who he knows will post on a board shows a complete lack of professionalism. Having said that I don't believe you in the first place. I don't know if Stendel will sign or will not sign I personally would like him as head coach but who knows. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

He's knows I post on here. I give him a heads up and he always tells me what I can and cannot say - what I can't share with others. He was ok with me sharing what he told me as it didn't identify any managerial targets.

Sure Budge wont be happy regarding info shared by a trusted board member. Might send her an email to let her know of the leaked info.

The ITKs sticking their neck out these days, normally the made up leaks come from an unnamed youth player, now they're going all in chatting about board members for attention. Bold. 

chuck berrys hairline
19 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Sure Budge wont be happy regarding info shared by a trusted board member. Might send her an email to let her know of the leaked info.

5743007301_360399f4cd_b.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The ITKs sticking their neck out these days, normally the made up leaks come from an unnamed youth player, now they're going all in chatting about board members for attention. Bold. 

I don't find gorilla credible at all.

I think some are over estimating the draw of Scottish football. Away to Hamilton, Ross county, St johnston etc is not an exciting prospect for any ambitious manager, unless they are desperate or getting a shit load of money

6 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

This evening, I emailed a member of the board who I know if this was true. He told me the Hearts manager will have previous experience of the Scottish game and to expect an announcement next week. Stendel is still being paid by Barnsley and the compensation would be "excessive" - he was never in consideration. MacPhee will be charge against Killie. Apparently, only a handful of people are involved in the hiring process and therefore not to expect any leaks - the newspaper haven't a clue whats going on. One thing he did confirm is that Robinson will not be approached. We aren't prepared to pay the compensation. Budge doesn't feel he's achieved enough to warrant a fee to be paid for his services.

Seems like McCall then

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I think some are over estimating the draw of Scottish football. Away to Hamilton, Ross county, St johnston etc is not an exciting prospect for any ambitious manager, unless they are desperate or getting a shit load of money

Honestly, you must have never visited any league one grounds/towns. 😄

Jesus this thread is utterly depressing. Hoping people claiming to be ITK are full of it, and the Sun is correct. How has it come to this? 😄

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Jesus this thread is utterly depressing. Hoping people claiming to be ITK are full of it, and the Sun is correct. How has it come to this? 😄

it’s pretty embarrassing as well as depressing.

I understand forums are all for rumours and discussions etc but some of the posts about board members etc are fantasy stuff. 
Suppose all will be clear sooner or later

Having read threads and thought about a few things my opinion is changing. Regarding Stendel - no idea why he is being touted as ‘the one’. He’s German - that’s about it. Doesn’t mean he’s a fab manager. Still like the thought of Robinson - he can get results and motivates. However, McColl - not one if my favs due to rangers connection but to be fair has a good pedigree. All in, I’m ok if it is him. 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

it’s pretty embarrassing as well as depressing.

I understand forums are all for rumours and discussions etc but some of the posts about board members etc are fantasy stuff. 
Suppose all will be clear sooner or later

Agree completely.

My Dad’s bigger than your Dad... 🤭

The sun are usually spot on with hearts news.  So if they’re saying Stendel is getting the job then there’s a good chance that’ll be the case

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Press conference 3.30 tomorrow.  Three Board members told me.

Sorry, but I can't name them.

Same 3 board members told me there is no press conference, too much cash required up front, and I'm more in the know than you.

6 hours ago, graygo said:

I'd rather have bonny wee Jeannie from Gorebridge.

A fine wee lass!

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Having read threads and thought about a few things my opinion is changing. Regarding Stendel - no idea why he is being touted as ‘the one’. He’s German - that’s about it. Doesn’t mean he’s a fab manager. Still like the thought of Robinson - he can get results and motivates. However, McColl - not one if my favs due to rangers connection but to be fair has a good pedigree. All in, I’m ok if it is him. 

Mccall doesn’t have a good pedigree.. his “achievements” were when hearts rangers were on their knees and out of the league.. he’d be a disgraceful appointment 

8 minutes ago, Badonde said:

The sun are usually spot on with hearts news.  So if they’re saying Stendel is getting the job then there’s a good chance that’ll be the case

They are not saying that though they cover themselves by saying he is the leading candidate

8 hours ago, indianajones said:

Doesn't want to manage and live in Edinburgh but was happy to do so in Barnsley. 

People are weird. 

Might have decided, or wife and kids have, that they want back to Germany. Nothing to do with Edinburgh 

1 minute ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

What is it about this guy that makes people think he would be a good choice?

He’s not Neil McCann or Steven Pressley

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

How highly he was praised by his former club's fans and players, the fact he got them promoted on a small budget, the style of football he plays and the passion he shows on the touchline.

And the fact he isn't part of the Scottish manager merrigoround. 

It would be risk. But one worth taking in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

This evening, I emailed a member of the board who I know if this was true. He told me the Hearts manager will have previous experience of the Scottish game and to expect an announcement next week. Stendel is still being paid by Barnsley and the compensation would be "excessive" - he was never in consideration. MacPhee will be charge against Killie. Apparently, only a handful of people are involved in the hiring process and therefore not to expect any leaks - the newspaper haven't a clue whats going on. One thing he did confirm is that Robinson will not be approached. We aren't prepared to pay the compensation. Budge doesn't feel he's achieved enough to warrant a fee to be paid for his services.

With all due respect if what you say is true then your friend needs punted from the Board (assuming it’s the Hearts Board) immediately. There’s no way any member of the Board should be using acquaintances to actively pass on information about key Club business re gossip/nonsense forums like this. Very unprofessional behaviour. 
Hopefully you are at the wind-up, if not apologies in advance for doubting you 

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Barack said:

Shite, to anal prolapse. On a sliding scale, yeah.👍🏻

They rarely get as good as that, but do make me laugh on occasion.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/club/board

There are only four male board members - now that Levein has been punted off - Eric Hogg, Donald Cumming, Kevin Windram and Stuart Wallace. I’d imagine Ann Budge will be having a word with all of them as a result of your posts.

Won’t be Hogg so it’s down to three if the story is true. 

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

German , plays high press , attacking football.

**** me it's everything Heckingbottom said he would do at Hibs.

My opinion I have no idea how this guy would fair.

12 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Basically just the fact he isn’t Stuart McCall or Neil McCann. Entirely understandable to be fair.

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I go to bed with Stendel being the new manager.....I get up and now he’s not.

I don’t need this uncertainty in my life.

Sounds like a nightmare 

7 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Stunned that some people actually believe absolute pish like this...in a word, tragic.

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, His name is said:

So essentially, no one has a clue what's happening. Sound

Probably one of the most accurate posts on this thread

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Stunned that some people actually believe absolute pish like this...in a word, tragic.

This x 1000

Just now, Barack said:

Thing is...nobody does. At least I hope. It's deserving of the ridicule.

Disagree...there's been quite a few people falling for Davie Deans pish as well.

It happens on this site (and probably most footie sites) consistently...people fawning over anyone that claims to be ITK (i.e. attention seeking fantasists).

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

@Gorillajam email your board member back and tell them if it’s Stuart McCall or someone of similar uninspiring / unqualified status they may as well pack their bags. 

:rofl:This!

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I've faxed Hearts, to ask what's really going on.👍🏻

You’ve got to send them a coded telegraph to get any proper ITK information. You’ll just be fed the same shite. 

Where we (JKB, not the club) are .

DS handed in a CV and happy to manage in Scotland.

Agent handed in DS CV, DS not happy to manage in Scotland.

Both parties happy, just compensation for DS to agree with Barnsley.

DS happy to come but £18k/wk wages is a stumbling block.

DS announced at 2pm today.

Board member says we are not interested due to compensation due.

Hope this helps.

6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Disagree...there's been quite a few people falling for Davie Deans pish as well.

It happens on this site (and probably most footie sites) consistently...people fawning over anyone that claims to be ITK (i.e. attention seeking fantasists).

Surely posters get some snippets of information sometimes. Can't all be pish?

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Hope this helps.

Summed it up perfectly 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm speaking to Ann right now over Skype...she nearly spat her morning coffee out when she read that someone on the Board was leaking info.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Forward the reply fax on. 

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hope this helps.

Perfectly clear. 

I can just imagine McCall getting announced today as well. 

😂

14 minutes ago, His name is said:

So essentially, no one has a clue what's happening. Sound

A memeber of the board gave me premission to tell you that the club would like to assure you that this is true

• davemclaren locked this topic