• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

3 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Heard no other names.

Look, what I’ve posted has clearly rubbed some up the wrong way. I dunno if it’s because people fancy him for the job and what I’ve posted is seen as disappointing news. I’ve no reason to lie. Posting what I have isn’t for kicks or to wind up. It’s just passing on what I’ve been told.

I’ll bow out now. Maybe I’m wrong and I’ll be ridiculed on here tomorrow. Or maybe I’m correct and the press will catch up in the next day or so. Time will tell.

Thanks for posting mate and for coming back on and backing it up rather than just buggering off. Fair play, I am not ITK in any way and it's always interesting to hear people with some insights posting. 

14 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Im going to wait with this one, Sun are normally very accurate with our news

I agree The Sun are very ITK with Hearts but would add that they are convinced McPhee will be SD but just stating Stendel is the top target for the manager role. This could be true but he doesn't want the job.

Edited by Hungry hippo

William H. Bonney

‘I’ve just been told’.... 

unless you’re having dinner with budge shut the **** up. 
you haven’t been told anything. 

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

That's us told ...

35 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Davie Deans has been right in the past.

What has he been right with in the past? Genuine question not in anyway saying he hasn't 

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Theres a number of ITK posters on here that are wonderfully informed. There stuff may not turn out to be right but they were right at some point 

Edited by rudi must stay

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

What has he been right with in the past? Genuine question not in anyway saying he hasn't 

Barely has a post count to speak of eh..

21 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Someone’s tired.

12 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Various bits of team news from earlier in the season.

33 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Heard no other names.

Look, what I’ve posted has clearly rubbed some up the wrong way. I dunno if it’s because people fancy him for the job and what I’ve posted is seen as disappointing news. I’ve no reason to lie. Posting what I have isn’t for kicks or to wind up. It’s just passing on what I’ve been told.

I’ll bow out now. Maybe I’m wrong and I’ll be ridiculed on here tomorrow. Or maybe I’m correct and the press will catch up in the next day or so. Time will tell.

Thanks 👍🏼

10 hours ago, jambonian said:

I don't obviously know Colin, some say he has/is but if there is a chance that he has/is be then we'd be a bit mad not to give him the courtesy of sounding him out. A lot, if not most of the applicants that've been mentioned fail to impress most of the fans and I have to agree. I did read last week that he had put his name forward at Hibs, whether they got him in for an interview or not I don't know, Jack Ross appeared to be all but done and dusted by then so maybe it was too late for Stendel by then.

According to the Sun/Record, he's no1 choice with Austin getting Sports Director.

52 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

No idea if he was top target. He’s informed the club he isn’t interested in managing in Scotland after being invited up here to talk.

I'm sure your information is sound, but you also stated that Stendel had submitted his CV to the club over a week ago. Why would he submit his CV for a job he has no interest in? You also inferred Brian McClair would become director of football. What happened with this?

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Davie Deans said:

I trust who told me.

I guess one of our messages may prove to be correct.

I would imagine so, given it is the only two possibilities, i.e. either he will or will not be the new head coach. It's a thread/a topic on here I've tried to stay well away from because I didn't know who we planned on interviewing and had no real thoughts in my head of whom I'd like to see appointed. I was just reading through the thread and came across your post a couple of minutes after I'd received a message saying the story was he will be appointed tomorrow. Not long to wait to find out.

Edited by portobellojambo1

At a certain point in negotiations “sources” tend to dry up and or go into denial.

From a mate of Berra who got a text from him saying that talk of him coming to Hearts was nonsense To other examples I can’t recall.

I am not doubting Davie Deans May have a source, does have a source. But a true close to the club source at a certain stage in negotiations will most likely throw a dummy.

If it was made openly clear that we were close to a deal with Stendel and that was being leaked there is every chance that this may influence the commercial position of one party.

For example here it might be Barnsley. If they think they can muck around with any money due to Stendel more because he has a club that might cough up more money to get him then they are more likely to play hard ball.

It makes no sense for anyone at the club to potentially make commercially sensitive talks at a key stage potentially more costly for us by leaking info. 

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I would imagine so, given it is the only two possibilities, i.e. either he will or will not be the new head coach. It's a thread/a topic on here I've tried to stay well away from because I didn't know who we planned on interviewing and had no real thoughts in my head of whom I'd like to see appointed. I was just reading through the thread and came across your post a couple of minutes after I'd received a message saying the story was he will be appointed tomorrow. Not long to wait to find out.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but is your message from someone who is likely to know? Or someone just passing on a rumour they had heard?

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Hope you don't mind me asking, but is your message from someone who is likely to know? Or someone just passing on a rumour they had heard?

PJ1 is connected in some way. 

Reliable poster who has been here for ages and not fannied about with his username.

Edited by Jammy T

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

It makes no sense for anyone at the club to potentially make commercially sensitive talks at a key stage potentially more costly for us by leaking info. 

Unless talks aren't at a key stage because Stendel isn't interested.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

At a certain point in negotiations “sources” tend to dry up and or go into denial.

From a mate of Berra who got a text from him saying that talk of him coming to Hearts was nonsense To other examples I can’t recall.

I am not doubting Davie Deans May have a source, does have a source. But a true close to the club source at a certain stage in negotiations will most likely throw a dummy.

If it was made openly clear that we were close to a deal with Stendel and that was being leaked there is every chance that this may influence the commercial position of one party.

For example here it might be Barnsley. If they think they can muck around with any money due to Stendel more because he has a club that might cough up more money to get him then they are more likely to play hard ball.

Correct 👍

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

PJ1 is connected in some way. 

Reliable poster who has been here for ages and not fannied about with his username.

Thanks Jammy T. 

I've seen plenty of PJ1s posts which is why I was so intrigued by his comment.

Fingers crossed.

portobellojambo1

Was a friend, who isn't prone to pass on information generally about HMFC. I've got no reason to disbelieve him, but that in itself doesn't mean he is right. I didn't ask him for his source.

Thanks Jammy T. 

I've seen plenty of PJ1s posts which is why I was so intrigued by his comment.

Fingers crossed.

No worries.

Not sure I’m his favourite person but I respect him as much as any other poster on here.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Was a friend, who isn't prone to pass on information generally about HMFC. I've got no reason to disbelieve him, but that in itself doesn't mean he is right. I didn't ask him for his source.

Thanks PJ1.

I dont see what the attraction is with this guy and why so many fans are keen for him to get the manager role. Seems to have had a pretty limited managerial career. Doesnt seem to tick the experienced manager box that Budge is looking for. 

Hackney Hearts
15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

A good point. Your whole post in fact, just quoted this bit for brevity! Tactical disinformation.

15 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

I'm sure your information is sound, but you also stated that Stendel had submitted his CV to the club over a week ago. Why would he submit his CV for a job he has no interest in? You also inferred Brian McClair would become director of football. What happened with this?

I'm not sure these two claims are us contradictory as they might seem. I'd think that submitting CVs may well be undertaken by the agent. Touting their client around trying to drum up potential offers. If they get interest from the club in taking the application to interview they then talk to their client about the opportunity, potentially for the first time. At that stage the client might say they aren't interested in that club. Which gives you, applied/ submitted a CV even though not interested in the job.

Why it is not uncommon for clubs and individuals to disagree over whether a that individual applied for the vacancy. It isn't just injured pride of the applicant, it is that the individual doesn't feel that they ever formally applied.

54 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Sauce?

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I dont see what the attraction is with this guy and why so many fans are keen for him to get the manager role. Seems to have had a pretty limited managerial career. Doesnt seem to tick the experienced manager box that Budge is looking for. 

It's what he could do and his personality that excites fans. He could be a cult hero here 

2 hours ago, Davie Deans said:

Told tonight that Stendel has informed the club via his agent he doesn’t want to manage in Scotland.

This evening, I emailed a member of the board who I know if this was true. He told me the Hearts manager will have previous experience of the Scottish game and to expect an announcement next week. Stendel is still being paid by Barnsley and the compensation would be "excessive" - he was never in consideration. MacPhee will be charge against Killie. Apparently, only a handful of people are involved in the hiring process and therefore not to expect any leaks - the newspaper haven't a clue whats going on. One thing he did confirm is that Robinson will not be approached. We aren't prepared to pay the compensation. Budge doesn't feel he's achieved enough to warrant a fee to be paid for his services.

Hackney Hearts
18 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Seems to have had a pretty limited managerial career. 

Which would make you wonder why he's allegedly averse to managing in Scotland, when the likes of Brendan Rodgers can cope with it (or Steven Gerrard - I know he's not experienced, but he's a huge name). Obviously that's the OF - but in that case it's not Scotland he has a problem with, it's the particular club. Again, he's more likely to raise his profile by winning a cup and playing European football with Hearts than with an English Championship or League 1 side. The quoted "Scotland" reason seems a little short-sighted, if true.

edit: So according to the post above, he was never in consideration. Which actually makes more sense. Shame though...

2nd edit: Unless Gorillajam's contact is trying to throw us off the scent as well - just in a different way!

Edited by Hackney Hearts

4 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

This evening, I emailed a member of the board who I know if this was true. He told me the Hearts manager will have previous experience of the Scottish game and to expect an announcement next week. Stendel is still being paid by Barnsley and the compensation would be "excessive" - he was never in consideration. MacPhee will be charge against Killie. Apparently, only a handful of people are involved in the hiring process and therefore not to expect any leaks - the newspaper haven't a clue whats going on. One thing he did confirm is that Robinson will not be approached. We aren't prepared to pay the compensation. Budge doesn't feel he's achieved enough to warrant a fee to be paid for his services.

That seems quite leaky for someone not expecting any leaks. 

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Very interesting and a very informative post. As many thought the media don't have a clue, Cotterill, Stendel, Warnock, Holloway. None of them have experience of Scottish Football 

12 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

So - is this guy one of the few in the recruitment process? For there not being any leaks, he’s just leaked a fair amount of information to you...

Edited by DarioHMFC

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

So - is this guy one of the few in the recruitment process? For there not being any leaks, he’s just leaked a fair amount of information to you...

More disinformation - if the source is legit - IMO

Says there won’t be leaks then leaks a load of info.

29 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Jesus wept.

That sounds very much like Stuart McCall.  I'd rather have Ian McCall from Partick.

12 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

More disinformation - if the source is legit - IMO

Says there won’t be leaks then leaks a load of info.

18 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

That seems quite leaky for someone not expecting any leaks. 

He is involved in the recruitment of the new manager. He told me the club has been working very hard behind the scenes and have interviewed a large number of applicants. All that he was saying is that the newspapers don't have a clue whats going on. Robinson and Stendel are not under consideration due to the compensation that is due for their services. And that the new manager will have experience of the Scottish game. Expect an announcement next week. He didn't say anything about who they have interviewed or who they wish to hire. I wouldn't post it here even if he did as it could be potentially harmful to Hearts. Therefore he hasn't leaked anything IMO. 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Jesus wept.

That sounds very much like Stuart McCall.  I'd rather have Ian McCall from Partick.

I'd rather have bonny wee Jeannie from Gorebridge.

Coburg Hearts
11 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

He is involved in the recruitment of the new manager. He told me the club has been working very hard behind the scenes and have interviewed a large number of applicants. All that he was saying is that the newspapers don't have a clue whats going on. Robinson and Stendel are not under consideration due to the compensation that is due for their services. And that the new manager will have experience of the Scottish game. Expect an announcement next week. He didn't say anything about who they have interviewed or who they wish to hire. I wouldn't post it here even if he did as it could be potentially harmful to Hearts. Therefore he hasn't leaked anything IMO. 

Did he ask you to, or expect you to, keep this confidential, or did he know you were going to post his information on here?

Hackney Hearts
46 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Robinson and Stendel are not under consideration due to the compensation that is due for their services.

Interesting - given that AB is on record as saying that money would not be an issue (within the range of managers who would actually agree to come to Hearts, of course).

If she has funds at her disposal, she must think neither Robinson nor Stendel represent value for the extra money. I probably agree in the case of the former. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Interesting - given that AB is on record as saying that money would not be an issue (within the range of managers who would actually agree to come to Hearts, of course).

If she has funds at her disposal, she must think neither Robinson nor Stendel represent value for the extra money. I probably agree in the case of the former. 

It's widely known that Robinson's comp is very low, less than we supposedly paid for the likes of Wighton and Clare. If we don't go for him it won't be because of money.

Arthur Morgan

I'll be very disappointed if we aren't going for either Robinson or Stendel for that reason, we have to show some ambition here instead of going for the cheapest option available. I thought money wasn't an issue here? (within reason, of course!). 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Ah, so what you're saying is Davie Deans is actually just Stendel's agent playing a bit of last minute online clean-up? Got you.😉

1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Did he ask you to, or expect you to, keep this confidential, or did he know you were going to post his information on here?

He's knows I post on here. I give him a heads up and he always tells me what I can and cannot say - what I can't share with others. He was ok with me sharing what he told me as it didn't identify any managerial targets.

2 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

He's knows I post on here. I give him a heads up and he always tells me what I can and cannot say - what I can't share with others. He was ok with me sharing what he told me as it didn't identify any managerial targets.

If what you say it is true, and Budge insists the Scottish experience is necessary, that concerns me.   It means we may well get someone with a loser attitude who accepts our place behind Celtic and Rangers.   Worse than that, it could be McCall. 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Cheers, Bud. Thanks for the reply.

5 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/club/board

There are only four male board members - now that Levein has been punted off - Eric Hogg, Donald Cumming, Kevin Windram and Stuart Wallace. I’d imagine Ann Budge will be having a word with all of them as a result of your posts.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

• davemclaren locked this topic