• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

41 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

For what it’s worth a bookmaker friend once told me look for the name not on the list, in this case Stendel 

lots of people are talking about him, but his name is not appearing on the lists of runners and riders.

ask yourself why ?                                            I don’t believe for a minute nobody is putting money on him.

He is, he’s 22/1 on SkyBet ...

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

FFS, Mitch. Have a  ****** day off, eh?

It's becoming increasingly apparent you haven't a clue what you're talking about, making yourself look foolish in the process. Every post reactionary and knee-jerking on stuff that isn't known, confirmed or is simply made up. 

Don't give me that crap you are obviously jealous of my knowledge regarding football management. 

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

McKinley, McCall, Cotterill, Freedman ect the usual suspects. Now Ann said the next manager would be high profile and experienced. It would be fantastic if the new manager can switch the light back on at Tynecastle as it has been a dark gloomy ground for too long.

Any chance of him nipping round to switch your brain back on too? Dimly lit doesn’t cover the half of it ...

So is Trump claiming he has 95% approval within his party. You believe that too? Are you really that gullible?

You never even bothered to look at the post I answered. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Any chance of him nipping round to switch your brain back on too? Dimly lit doesn’t cover the half of it ...

Says the man who was a Cathro/ Levein fan. 

Just now, mitch41 said:

Says the man who was a Cathro/ Levein fan. 

Find one post where I supported Cathro and I’ll donate £100 to FOH ...

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Find one post where I supported Cathro and I’ll donate £100 to FOH ...

So it was Levein you backed.

Ha Ha gotcha.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Jambo647 said:

For what it’s worth a bookmaker friend once told me look for the name not on the list, in this case Stendel 

lots of people are talking about him, but his name is not appearing on the lists of runners and riders.

ask yourself why ?                                            I don’t believe for a minute nobody is putting money on him.

Under-rated post. Looking at all the other names, I'm on the Stendel bus, with Robbo or Robbie as second choice and Austin as SD unless some other shit-hot SD candidate comes along.

Being sacked from an English League One club means nothing really - it didn't tarnish the reputations of Robbie Neilson and probably Ross Jack - and it does sound like it was down to external things. It's a vicious life for managers in England right now. Not many seem to last 2 years.

Ticks a lot of boxes:

- Has worked as a youth coach

- Gets the SD model and, by the sounds of his time at Barnsley, wants to work at a club that has a better recruitment plan and structure. We have had somewhat of a Moneyball approach in the past, and still take chances on a couple of squad spots - Wighton and Clare for example - but it sounds like Barnsley went full Moneyball whereas we obviously now have a policy of a good mix of experience, proven quality, youth and punts

- Isn't liked by Joey Barton

- Is German and the very recently worked in the Bundesliga which is probably the most progressive football league in the world right now in terms of their coaches and fan initiatives

- Is experienced but still young

Edit: If the Neil just posted with a winky emoji means Alex bump him up to second or even first choice.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Don’t write Scholes off yet people.

“Give job giggsy til end of season” 

Seriously just offer the job to warnock, Keane or stendel and see who wants it.

The rest? Not good enough(ps I love McCann as a ‘98 legend but he’s a great media guy and pundit not a manager).

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

John Terry ? Someone put money on him that I know ? Maybe shite , but then it would be a waste of money  surely ???

Good point. Nobody’s ever bet money and lost. 

A do-gooder? WTF does that even mean? 

No no one knows who’s on her list, we can only speculate. I think we’d all be surprised if Kerr was on her list, even more so appointed. 

You seem desperate to put to put the woman down. Does it make you feel better? Your little digs at her are pretty laughable. But, I guess if it makes you feel like a big guy. 

When have I tried to put her down? As in, ever? My gripes were always with Levein. 

If anyone is trying to make themselves a "big guy" it has been you. Straight on the offensive with your "sit in the corner" remark. And then correcting me by putting MRS in front of her surname as if it needs to be wrote down. 

Absolute beta male if ever I came across one.

Kerrs name is on the betting odds post. Which I merely stated it wouldnt surprise me if Budge considered her if her CV has gone in. 

I think you have some issue regarding her if anything, overly defensive type maybe. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

“Give job giggsy til end of season” 

Seriously just offer the job to warnock, Keane or stendel and see who wants it.

The rest? Not good enough(ps I love McCann as a ‘98 legend but he’s a great media guy and pundit not a manager).

That's some short list 😂 How the hell would you decide.

One ancient artifact

One bully with a hair trigger temper

One attack-minded German coach

Actually, not a hard choice.

22 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Feeling really unenthusiastic regarding any of the names we are being linked with. I'm actually upset about both Cotterill or McCall even being mentioned. None of the names that have been thrown out there are filling me with any confidence. Theres got to be someone better out there. I wish Alex Neil was available. I don't want to see Hartley, Pressley, Daly, Robertson, Austin or anyone previously linked/ played for our club. We need a change in mentality in order to move forward. I was excited about who would come in to replace Levein however so far its been incredibly depressing stuff. And I have very little faith in Budge.

Here's a prime example of the completely ludicrous level of expectations some posters have!  Alex Neil is managing the 2nd placed team in the English Championship. Even if he was interested in leaving them, he'd only be looking for one of the other top teams in the Championship or an EPL team. He wouldn't be remotely interested in us, and quite possibly wouldn't be interested in rangers or celtic if they  were looking to recruit either. It's batshit mental to even think he's in the sort of category we could get!

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Budge looks to be the first to get a female manager in, if Kerr has put a CV in.

😂 no objection as long as it’s for the  the u12’s team, I mean you’ve got to take the next step up from the ladies national team, and I’m pretty sure our u12’s would beat them.

Edited by kingantti1874

15 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

John Terry a big mover tonight!

Means nothing other than some one has put money on him. You simply can’t go with bookies odds on our next manager. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Here's a prime example of the completely ludicrous level of expectations some posters have!  Alex Neil is managing the 2nd placed team in the English Championship. Even if he was interested in leaving them, he'd only be looking for one of the other top teams in the Championship or an EPL team. He wouldn't be remotely interested in us, and quite possibly wouldn't be interested in rangers or celtic if they  were looking to recruit either. It's batshit mental to even think he's in the sort of category we could get!

I don’t see why fans are not happy with the possible candidates. It actually appears this list of available and apparently interested candidates are the highest profile managers we’ve had interested in the Hearts job since about 2005 when we appointed Burley(who had 3 years previously been voted premiership manager of the year).

Aside from the riff raff interviewed this week there are some big names- warnock, magath, keane etc..

1 minute ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I don’t see why fans are not happy with the possible candidates. It actually appears this list of available and apparently interested candidates are the highest profile managers we’ve had interested in the Hearts job since about 2005 when we appointed Burley(who had 3 years previously been voted premiership manager of the year).

Aside from the riff raff interviewed this week there are some big names- warnock, magath, keane etc..

cotterill with warnock as sd? 

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Who's wife is he moving in on now ?

25 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

John Terry a big mover tonight!

damn just beat me to it 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think Neil is more realistic than that. He's approaching two years at Preston and you assume will be sacked if they don't go up this year, because that's what life is for managers in that league right now. It's dog eat dog. He might see that in his future and not fancy that merry go round of jobs even if the money is great.

The Hearts job is a chance to get your feet under the table at a more secure club with decent to good chance of European football or a cup run or even cup win. We could be a better stepping stone than a Championship club, to the Scotland job for example. Or if he does well he'd walk back into a Championship job again if he wanted. There's also always the chance that someone of a decent calibre just wants to work back in Scotland again, eg Steven Naismith. The sticking point is obviously he is in a job and doing well though, but that can change in a few months down there as he will know.

Jambo, Goodbye
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It's all over the news now so you can cut out the accusations.

I didn't accuse you. I asked for a source but you didn't bother. If anything,  I was trying to do you a favor. 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Appointing Kerr is a ''reasonable'' comment? Even though it goes against what Mrs Budge said?

Imagine getting this highly strung over nothing. :rofl:

If he's serious about it being a reasonable comment then I'm living in a parallel universe to him.  

Maroon Sailor

Steve Cotterill 7/4
Austin MacPhee 9/4
Neil Warnock 7/1
Jack Ross 10/1
John Robertson 10/1
Steve Robinson 10/1
Neil McCann 11/1
John Terry 12/1
Mark Hughes 12/1

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

@Icon of Symmetry the waters are telling me Cotterill but their accent means I might be picking it up wrong....see if they tell you something different

Ohm... I’m receiving something... yes... water... uh-huh... the water... the water has ****-all ability to tell us anything about the future, and... uh-huh... tarot is a load of made up bullshit used by work shy con-artists to avoid working for a living... ohm... ohm...

Maroon Sailor

Think Cotterill is going to be the man.

Judging by his time as a guest on football shows he seems the type of guy that would impress at interviews.

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Steve Cotterill 7/4
Austin MacPhee 9/4
Neil Warnock 7/1
Jack Ross 10/1
John Robertson 10/1
Steve Robinson 10/1
Neil McCann 11/1
John Terry 12/1
Mark Hughes 12/1

Jack Ross still at 10/1. Your source sounds legit. 

4 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Of the candidates mentioned so far, none of them fill me with great joy.

McCall - Seriously, why

Ross - Meh

Cotterill - Best of alleged interviews so far

McCann - Again, why. AB says we want an experienced manager. 6 months of struggle at Dundee are not the credentials of experienced in my opinion

McKinley - Again meh. Might be highly thought of by Moyes and O’Neill as a coach (so was Cathro) but his managerial experience is limited to pretty much a season in Norway. 

We need someone who is going to take the club forward. Someone who can play football without fear. 

The 2 standouts who are out a job are Stendal and Nathan Jones. I’d love Michael Flynn to be appointed. Plays good football without fear of reputation.

This is a good post 👍

I hope we take as much time as necessary and if that means another week or so then that's fine

Despite the demands there is plenty of time to make a decision

This is a 'must get right appointment' not a 'must get it done as soon as possible appointment'

Oh and I'd like to have the Sporting Director in place first just to avoid all the future chat regarding not being his choice of manager when the first crisis comes along

57 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Too sensible a post for this forum. 

58 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Interviews are only at warm-up stage. More planned for next week and then final short lists week after that. Wins at Rugby Park and Ibrox could move Austin up the list but still not enough I’d think.