• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

6 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Yet more than 10% of their income comes from Scotland and 'smaller' nations in Europe receive greater sums for their football, amazing eh!

You honestly think the folk that make up that 10% have their Sky Subs just for Scottish football? 

All sports rights fetch the amount broadcasters are willing to pay for them and no more. Smaller nations they may be but their individual markets dictate the prices. Do we suffer due to being next to England? Yes, absolutely but it's not a scotland v england thing, it's simply down to the fact that more people in the UK want to watch the EPL over the SPL, scottish viewers included.

2 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

It would be handy.  I mean,  you wouldn't want to look like you've been making things up on Kickback or anything 😕

It's all over the news now so you can cut out the accusations.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Because Mitch has been approached and turned it down.

That right, Mitch?

No comment.

But no but no but yeah but no but.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Why is these appointments taking so long, is there too much choice? 

Trying to weed out the shittiest from the shit list

We've actually interviewed Jack Ross?

Surprised, maybe the alleged whateverthe**** we're not allowed to discuss on here that everyone bar me seems to know about isn't such a big deal :D 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Two interviews today. Neil McCann and Billy McKinley 😂😂😂😂😂. Billy ****ing McKinley.

Not sure if you are confirming what's been said or laughing at it cos it's nonsense? Really hope it's the latter!

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Two interviews today. Neil McCann and Billy McKinley 😂😂😂😂😂. Billy ****ing McKinley.

Ive got mines at 5pm,just sitting in reception 👍

Steve Cotterill
7/4
Austin MacPhee
9/4
Neil Warnock
7/1
John Robertson
10/1
Steve Robinson
10/1
Jack Ross
12/1
Mark Hughes
12/1
Roy Keane
14/1
Andy Kirk
16/1
Neil McCann

16 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46279568

There is a paper out there, read it last year but can't find it again, it clearly shows population/ viewers/ attendances/ incomes etc across Europe and is very very clear that many smaller nations by populations and attendances extract a far greater/ disproportionate income from TV rights than Scotland. That is down to our shitty negotiators willing to grasp the meagre amounts having failed so tragically with Setanta!

The link above covers a wee bit of that. Each countries FAs have control of broadcasting in competition to domestic games but it seems that other agreements are being made detrimental to that e.g. why some Scottish games are not broadcast in competition with e.g. Euro games. SKY/ BT and the EBC/ ITV are in collusion to over-promote the PL and EFL at the expense of all other domestic football nations. But does that mean they should not be challenged? If e.g. Scotland actually received 10% of the pot how much could each team improve their product if the New Firm didn't hog the trough? If STV had a proportionate amount to offer we might even get Scotland games on TV (sorry too far I know). We might not be force fed English wummins footie on 'Scottish' TV channels, we might not have to watch dreary non-league teams in early rounds of the FA cup (what's that about)! But many seem more than happy to just roll over and get their testies tickled!

I have made this point previously. I have Sky Dishes to watch English Premier games mainly. We should receive 10% of the Revenue Sky receives from Scottish subscribers. Unfortunately we reward Doncaster with a rise for agreeing a woeful deal....

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ive got mines at 5pm,just sitting in reception 👍

I'm in at 5.15pm. She can't think much of you . Still better than McKinley 😂

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Not sure if you are confirming what's been said or laughing at it cos it's nonsense? Really hope it's the latter!

Not the latter.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I can understand speaking to McCann and Ross but McCall and McKinley is just wasting all of our time.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I coach a youth team out here in Torino. If McKinley’s genuinely been interviewed I think I’ll throw my hat in.

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I can understand speaking to McCann and Ross but McCall and McKinley is just wasting all of our time.

Yep. Agreed .

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A lot of people rated Moyes who clearly rates McKinlay, as does no other than Michael O'Neill

Edited by Sir Gio

SpruceBringsteen

Billy ****ing McKinlay. I'm sorry to all the lads who think this is all going swimmingly, but holy shit. Billy ****ing McKinlay.

:laugh:

42 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I have made this point previously. I have Sky Dishes to watch English Premier games mainly. We should receive 10% of the Revenue Sky receives from Scottish subscribers. Unfortunately we reward Doncaster with a rise for agreeing a woeful deal....

You can't say that you want 10% of the total revenue from Scottish customers when not all scottish customers have Sky Sports far less watch scottish football.

The percentage of Scottish customers is irrelevant, it's the percentage of Sky Sports Customers that subscribe to only watch scottish football plus what advertisers will pay for the airtime before during and after scottish games that determines the value of the rights.

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A lot of people rated Moyes who clearly rates McKinlay, as does no other than Michael O'Neill

McKinley, McCall, Cotterill, Freedman ect the usual suspects. Now Ann said the next manager would be high profile and experienced. It would be fantastic if the new manager can switch the light back on at Tynecastle as it has been a dark gloomy ground for too long.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

You can't say that you want 10% of the total revenue from Scottish customers when not all scottish customers have Sky Sports far less watch scottish football.

The percentage of Scottish customers is irrelevant, it's the percentage of Sky Sports Customers that subscribe to only watch scottish football plus what advertisers will pay for the airtime before during and after scottish games that determines the value of the rights.

Apologies for not making myself clear. I am only referring to Scottish Sky Sports subscribers. We still would receive far more if we received the revenue for Sky Sports subscribers in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

My trust in this panel is extremely low.. who the **** is on the panel?do they have a clue about what we need and want

How can your trust be low when you don't know who is on the panel?

5 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

What questions will be asked at the interview? 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Edited by GinRummy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

How can your trust be low when you don't know who is on the panel?

Because of the way the football aspects of the club have been run for the past three years

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

My trust in this panel is extremely low.. who the **** is on the panel?do they have a clue about what we need and want

How do you think every manager we've ever had has been appointed?

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Where do you seem yourself in 5 years time?

I seem myself right now, and I'd worry if the candidates felt differently

scott herbertson
Just now, scott herbertson said:

I seem myself right here, right now, and I'd worry if the candidates felt differently

I believe Hearts have Daniel Stendel’s CV. Some others to submit an application that we don’t already know about are Paul Ince and Tony Adams.

Given who we’ve interviewed thus far I’d be very disappointed if DS never got an interview. 

I’m sure we’ll hear whether that’s the case over the next few days.

scott herbertson
Just now, GinRummy said:

haha. I’ll edit that then😀

Could be a job opportunity for Andy Goram otherwise...

2 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

I believe Hearts have Daniel Stendel’s CV. Some others to submit an application that we don’t already know about are Paul Ince and Tony Adams.

Given who we’ve interviewed thus far I’d be very disappointed if DS never got an interview. 

How can you know if they are about to submit applications if the club don't know ?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

How can you know if they are about to submit applications if the club don't know ?

I think you've misunderstood and that he means 'to have submitted'

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do you think every manager we've ever had has been appointed?

not by this particular panel who think it appropriate to even listen to some of the candidates suggested?

Of the candidates mentioned so far, none of them fill me with great joy.

McCall - Seriously, why

Ross - Meh

Cotterill - Best of alleged interviews so far

McCann - Again, why. AB says we want an experienced manager. 6 months of struggle at Dundee are not the credentials of experienced in my opinion

McKinley - Again meh. Might be highly thought of by Moyes and O’Neill as a coach (so was Cathro) but his managerial experience is limited to pretty much a season in Norway. 

We need someone who is going to take the club forward. Someone who can play football without fear. 

The 2 standouts who are out a job are Stendal and Nathan Jones. I’d love Michael Flynn to be appointed. Plays good football without fear of reputation.

Edited by merseyjambo

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Both Ince and Adams have submitted an application.

I meant that as well as the names we’ve all read about, unless I’m mistaken, Adams and Ince haven’t been mentioned.

Whether their application gets taken any further I have no idea.

Sorry for any confusion.

Some very underwhelming names mentioned and not fitting the description Ann said she was looking for. Billy McKinley and neil mccann shouldn't even have got an interview!

22 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

If Stendel has applied give him the job search over imo

kingantti1874
Just now, Castle rock said:

If Stendel has applied give him the job search over imo

yep.. John Robertson SD, Stendel Manager.. would be a great outcome.

but we will go for someone boring

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

not by this particular panel who think it appropriate to even listen to some of the candidates suggested?

We don't know who was interviewed in past years. We never had this minute by minute coverage and rumours.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Why would you make Robbo SD? He is not suited to that role.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

You’re probably right mate but I saw robbo on Monday pulling out of Macleod street bout half 6 wether that’s significant or not.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Why would you make Robbo SD? He is not suited to that role.

why? Knows the game, knows the club, knows what we want as fans,will have a common vision for young players giving continuity, knows how to deal with contracts, knows how to handle the media  intelligent..

I don’t see any of the responsibilities of that role being beyond John Robertson .. rather Robbo than some ****ing welt like Brian Mclair

2 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

You’re probably right mate but I saw robbo on Monday pulling out of Macleod street bout half 6 wether that’s significant or not.

Interesting, but I'm hoping for a clean break from Hearts appointments.