Odds on next manager

DB-14

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Interesting, but I'm hoping for a clean break from Hearts appointments.

I am in the same boat no connection to hearts and no fear of the old firm isn’t to much to ask is it?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

You can't say that you want 10% of the total revenue from Scottish customers when not all scottish customers have Sky Sports far less watch scottish football.

The percentage of Scottish customers is irrelevant, it's the percentage of Sky Sports Customers that subscribe to only watch scottish football plus what advertisers will pay for the airtime before during and after scottish games that determines the value of the rights.

I feel you're pissing in the wind on this 😂😂

PaulHartley10

You wouldn't think it would require a footballing expert to solve this one.

Approach/invite for interview: McClair, Wotte, MacPhee (as a courtesy), Moyes, Robinson, Stendel, Adkins, Warnock, Jones. 

Hire the best and most enthusiastic and get your receptionist to print 50 rejection letters and send to the absolute riff raff that's been supposedly interviewed already.

3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Two interviews today. Neil McCann and Billy McKinley 😂😂😂😂😂. Billy ****ing McKinley.

Pretty highly rated coach, suspect O’Neill will get him before we do. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, PaulHartley10 said:

You wouldn't think it would require a footballing expert to solve this one.

Approach/invite for interview: McClair, Wotte, MacPhee (as a courtesy), Moyes, Robinson, Stendel, Adkins, Warnock, Jones

Hire the best and most enthusiastic and get your receptionist to print 50 rejection letters and send to the absolute riff raff that's been supposedly interviewed already.

I like the names in bold no matter how unrealistic, but seriously, there is no way Robinson should be considered good enough to be in that company, and at the same time leave out the likes of Ross and McCall who have equal if not better experience and track records.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

McKinley, McCall, Cotterill, Freedman ect the usual suspects. Now Ann said the next manager would be high profile and experienced. It would be fantastic if the new manager can switch the light back on at Tynecastle as it has been a dark gloomy ground for too long.

Last point on this Mitch. How many times have you watched a Cockerill, Freedman, McKinlay, team play? From your views on them I’m assuming it’s quite a few? 

54 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

My trust in this panel is extremely low.. who the **** is on the panel?do they have a clue about what we need and want

Who is on the panel? Who is on the list for SD? Who is on the list for Manager?

Answer to all three is that none of us know so what’s the point of getting bent out of shape about something you know nothing about? She did say it could take 4-6 weeks. Who knows, this weeks interviews could be only for SD role. 

PaulHartley10
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I like the names in bold no matter how unrealistic, but seriously, there is no way Robinson should be considered good enough to be in that company, and at the same time leave out the likes of Ross and McCall who have equal if not better experience and track records.

I wouldn't be devastated with Robinson but I didn't want to fill my post with all unrealistic targets. I'd take him over Jack Ross.

38 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Both Ince and Adams have submitted an application.

I meant that as well as the names we’ve all read about, unless I’m mistaken, Adams and Ince haven’t been mentioned.

Whether their application gets taken any further I have no idea.

Sorry for any confusion.

Tony Adams 😂😂😂

https://youtu.be/wGhrr0XGqXo

Edited by Swanny17

38 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Of the candidates mentioned so far, none of them fill me with great joy.

McCall - Seriously, why

Ross - Meh

Cotterill - Best of alleged interviews so far

McCann - Again, why. AB says we want an experienced manager. 6 months of struggle at Dundee are not the credentials of experienced in my opinion

McKinley - Again meh. Might be highly thought of by Moyes and O’Neill as a coach (so was Cathro) but his managerial experience is limited to pretty much a season in Norway. 

We need someone who is going to take the club forward. Someone who can play football without fear. 

The 2 standouts who are out a job are Stendal and Nathan Jones. I’d love Michael Flynn to be appointed. Plays good football without fear of reputation.

Flynn would be a great candidate but I think there is a job in South Wales with his name on it. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Who is on the panel? Who is on the list for SD? Who is on the list for Manager?

Answer to all three is that none of us know so what’s the point of getting bent out of shape about something you know nothing about? She did say it could take 4-6 weeks. Who knows, this weeks interviews could be only for SD role. 

that’s why I asked the question? I’m not that bent out of shape but I’d we employed some of the candidates discussed it’ll be carnage 

1 minute ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

ITK, not sure how reliable though.

Thanks  for info not sure how I feel bout scholes to be honest

Tbh Paul Ince wouldn’t necessarily be a bad option. Worth an interview atleast.

He’s a bit of an arse but his managerial career actually looked fairly promising pre-Blackburn with Macclesfield and MK Dons. Blackburn was a car crash likes but the club in general is. Ditto Blackpool, his record wasn’t actually that bad given how badly the club was run.

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Might stick a few quid on O'Neil....

Can I have your money instead? I’ll give you 100/1

57 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

I meant that as well as the names we’ve all read about, unless I’m mistaken, Adams and Ince haven’t been mentioned.

Sorry for any confusion.

I see now. 👍

Bridge of Djoum
8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

She seems to be looking at managers who are not wanted by anyone. Managers who have been applying for any job that comes up and hoping to get lucky.

FFS, Mitch. Have a  ****** day off, eh?

It's becoming increasingly apparent you haven't a clue what you're talking about, making yourself look foolish in the process. Every post reactionary and knee-jerking on stuff that isn't known, confirmed or is simply made up. 

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

All you do is moan at me. Where I lead many follow even you when you realise you were wrong 

when I was right all along. 

image.jpeg.ce1d39a5fb00c53e9a3a0c11de4d7406.jpeg

FFS, now you see yourself as the Messiah.

19 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Paul Scholes 😂😂😂😂

ffs a new low for this site 🙌🏻

How is Paul Scholes a ‘low’?

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It's all over the news now so you can cut out the accusations.

So is Trump claiming he has 95% approval within his party. You believe that too? Are you really that gullible?

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Some very underwhelming names mentioned and not fitting the description Ann said she was looking for. Billy McKinley and neil mccann shouldn't even have got an interview!

Even someone with your intelligence can apply for a job of rocket scientist.

Good luck getting an interview.

1 hour ago, Davie Deans said:

Sorry for any confusion.

How do you know who's applied ?

Are you on the interview panel ? 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because of the way the football aspects of the club have been run for the past three years

Ok, but the post was a contradiction of itself.

The level of negativity and pessimism on here is unreal. 

It's pretty clear it doesn't matter who is appointed, the knives will almost immediately be out from some (not saying you, DTD). 

I'm happy to let the process run it's course and make a judgement when there is an appointment (unless it is McCall, I'll maybe lose my calm at that)!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Ok, but the post was a contradiction of itself.

The level of negativity and pessimism on here is unreal. 

It's pretty clear it doesn't matter who is appointed, the knives will almost immediately be out from some (not saying you, DTD). 

I'm happy to let the process run it's course and make a judgement when there is an appointment (unless it is McCall, I'll maybe lose my calm at that)!

Your last paragraph makes you the same as the rest of us.

I wanted a change of manager so I’ll back whoever it is - with the exception of mcphee. There’s simply no justification for that.

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

How do you know who's applied ?

Are you on the interview panel ? 

Just passing on what I’ve been told.

Take it or leave it, I care little.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

yep.. John Robertson SD, Stendel Manager.. would be a great outcome.

but we will go for someone boring

Wouldn't be surprised if Budge looks to be the first to get a female manager in, if Kerr has put a CV in.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Budge looks to be the first to get a female manager in, if Kerr has put a CV in.

She doesn't fit any of the criteria MRS Budge outlined.

Go sit in the corner.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

why? Knows the game, knows the club, knows what we want as fans,will have a common vision for young players giving continuity, knows how to deal with contracts, knows how to handle the media  intelligent..

I don’t see any of the responsibilities of that role being beyond John Robertson .. rather Robbo than some ****ing welt like Brian Mclair

Yeah agree of course he could do it it’s a job that isn’t even required to be honest 

13 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Just passing on what I’ve been told.

Take it or leave it, I care little.

You've not heard about Michael Stewart being in for the SD job then.

14 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

She doesn't fit any of the criteria MRS Budge outlined.

Go sit in the corner.

Go sit in the corner?

Wtf you on about you freak, it was a ****ing reasonable comment I wasn't having a ****ing go.

Who does fit the bill? Some German guy sacked from both clubs he has managed but talks about attacking football?

For what it’s worth a bookmaker friend once told me look for the name not on the list, in this case Stendel 

lots of people are talking about him, but his name is not appearing on the lists of runners and riders.

ask yourself why ?                                            I don’t believe for a minute nobody is putting money on him.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Go sit in the corner?

Wtf you on about you freak, it was a ****ing reasonable comment I wasn't having a ****ing go.

Who does fit the bill? Some German guy sacked from both clubs he has managed but talks about attacking football?

Appointing Kerr is a ''reasonable'' comment? Even though it goes against what Mrs Budge said?

Imagine getting this highly strung over nothing. :rofl:

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Can I have your money instead? I’ll give you 100/1

Bargain. I feel it's almost a dead cert.

5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Appointing Kerr is a ''reasonable'' comment? Even though it goes against what Mrs Budge said?

It was based on the betting odds post, not what Budge has said. Budge says alot of things. 

She is a do-gooder, and I wouldn't put it past her. 

Again, who on the list fits the bill she wants?

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Oh, and imagine going out your way to highlight MRS and correct me. I take it it's Mr Levein too?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

It was based on the betting odds post, not what Budge has said. Budge says alot of things. 

She is a do-gooder, and I wouldn't put it past her. 

Again, who on the list fits the bill she wants?

A do-gooder? WTF does that even mean? 

No no one knows who’s on her list, we can only speculate. I think we’d all be surprised if Kerr was on her list, even more so appointed. 

You seem desperate to put to put the woman down. Does it make you feel better? Your little digs at her are pretty laughable. But, I guess if it makes you feel like a big guy. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Oh, and imagine going out your way to highlight MRS and correct me. I take it it's Mr Levein too?

I always find it best to treat people with respect, of course there are exceptions to that. 

MRS Budge should command the respect of everyone associated with Hearts. 

14 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I always find it best to treat people with respect, of course there are exceptions to that. 

MRS Budge should command the respect of everyone associated with Hearts. 

If you watch the England game , what colours is Roy Keanes shirt and tie 😳