• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Haken said:

Can't help but think that the selection panel should include Mitch and Dusk, if only to spare us all from their genuine rage whenever the new appointment is announced.

This 

40 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

That would be mental.

I think Warnock would really grab the SPL by the balls. 

...and our refs :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

So a left field overseas manager no-one has really heard of is pretty much our best hope....

Was having this discussion yesterday with my ICT mate. Scottish football is so afraid to take a chance. 

Definition of madness, repeating the same mistakes expecting different results. Do we want more of the same, or are we open to a risk. We won the cup the last time we did, with a team that hardly got paid on time

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is there any unemployed manager who has managed in the top 4 leagues in England or the top 2 in Scotland not linked with the job?

Don't say Craig Levein. 🙄

Heckingbottom. Decent cv. 🧐

Steve Cotterill second favourite? I don't know much about him but looking at his record, he did well with his clubs in League 1 and 2 but looks like he hasn't gained any success or potentially top half finishes in the Championship. For me that isn't enough ambition to move forward. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

The best source for who is being interviewed, used to be the Airport taxi drivers. 

Correct but only if they were Hearts supporters.

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, Prof said:

The best source for who is being interviewed, used to be the Airport taxi drivers. 

Sadly not the case anymore with the emergence of Uber.

Those drivers are not really into football but more extracurricular activities.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Barack said:

We had a Barca on here, who was a taxi driver. 

Funnily enough, Hibs' board have one too. You'll never guess what he does for a living either..?

Ironic, or what(!)

:laugh:

Shanks said no
14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Of all the names mentioned its Colin for me, although his age isn't ideal. Plus I hate the smarmy *****

Colin for me out of the favourites but it’s only going to be short term. Still very tempted by Stendel as I think he may bring something very different.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

Sadly not the case anymore with the emergence of Uber.

Those drivers are not really into football but more extracurricular activities.

:interehjrling:

Ricardo Quaresma
29 minutes ago, RampantJambo said:

Underwhelming. Never claim to be in the know but as you can see from the time stamps info about Steve Cotterill was released well before sky were on it. No one fits into the 2 categories Ann pushed out last week... disappointing.

975445A5-B7C8-4518-98B1-E04F3EB71D86.jpeg

Bang on, how the F did this hibby find out about Irvine?

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Bang on, how the F did this hibby find out about Irvine?

Having been academy director at Balckburn, Newcastle and Everton, Irvine could be a shout for SD rather than being in for the managers position?

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Ribble said:

Having been academy director at Balckburn, Newcastle and Everton, Irvine could be a shout for SD rather than being in for the managers position?

He's never done well when he's been the main man so SD would be my shout as well.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Colin for me out of the favourites but it’s only going to be short term. Still very tempted by Stendel as I think he may bring something very different.

It would be good if Stendel was considered but he may not be on the radar.

28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They did, they suggested Hearts had requested Mad Felixs CV. You know where I am for words :)

If it wasnt snowing id be there to have words now 😂😂😂. Who would you like to see come in? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

If it wasnt snowing id be there to have words now 😂😂😂. Who would you like to see come in? 

I think we are caught between 2 stools in truth. I don't have a name, washed up Championship or doing ok Scottish isn't going to satisfy the appetite, whilst the names that are obvious that could make a difference locally seem out of range.

I would give MacPhee the SD role. Not caring a jot what others believe about his coaching, I don't think that was ever his greatest asset. From there then you have to work with someone who has his trust, but the respect of a Whelan or Naismith.

I think Naismith should decide, only half joking

Maroon Sailor
Austin MacPhee 6/4
Steve Cotterill 11/4
Neil Warnock 4/1
John Robertson 5/1
Steve Robinson 8/1
Jack Ross 10/1
Mark Hughes 12/1
Roy Keane 14/1
Andy Kirk 16/1
Felix Magath 16/1
Nigel Adkins 16/1

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Warnick is a top manager no doubt about it but I wonder at his age if he still has the appetite 

I don't think you would need to worry about that.Honestly think he would relish the challenge.18 month contract then he might feel it's time to put his feet up and just go fishing 

Jambo, Goodbye

What I like about Warnock is that he's openly talked about challenging the OF.

Most names on the list would probably be content with  3rd place finishes only. 

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't think you would need to worry about that.Honestly think he would relish the challenge.18 month contract then he might feel it's time to put his feet up and just go fishing 

Warnock with McCann as his assistant would potentially be a great move imo.

Dave McCreery's knee

I think if Warnock wants the job and his salary demands are sensible, then he’ll be hard to turn down. 
Sporting Director role seems to have decent candidates, if names are to be believed. McClair, Erikson, Freedman....

I don't think enough folk watch other games cause the football most teams play is eye bleeding blood and thunder football and that's what Warnock excells at

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Kevin Blackwell would be joined at Warnock's hip.

McCann or A.N Other, would have putting out cones duties. And be content with that.

Kevin Blackwell is not a bad guy to be honest

14 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't think enough folk watch other games cause the football most teams play is eye bleeding blood and thunder football and that's what Warnock excells at

Blood and thunder can be exciting. 65% possession along the back 4 less so

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Was having this discussion yesterday with my ICT mate. Scottish football is so afraid to take a chance. 

Definition of madness, repeating the same mistakes expecting different results. Do we want more of the same, or are we open to a risk. We won the cup the last time we did, with a team that hardly got paid on time

We have pushed the bought out tho, Cathro. 

I agree, just because taking a risk never paid of the first time, doesn't mean you can't try somthing different again. 

I got caught cheating on my first wife, did that stop me the next time?

No way, all about risk/ reward 

I'm now on my 5th wife and I haven't been caught yet. 

Couldn't be happier. 🙄

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Agreed

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Yip. 

The biggest myth was Clarke on here. 

Percentage football at it's best. 

Tbf, he was good at it. 

Results are more important, and good results make better football. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

blackwell is a knob

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We have pushed the bought out tho, Cathro. 

I agree, just because taking a risk never paid of the first time, doesn't mean you can't try somthing different again. 

I got caught cheating on my first wife, did that stop me the next time?

No way, all about risk/ reward 

I'm now on my 5th wife and I haven't been caught yet. 

Couldn't be happier. 🙄

We couldn't wait to get off that bus. That was down to personality rather than knowledge. Cathro is a respected coach in England, Spain and Portugal.

Because one man didn't have the personality to control a room, doesn't mean the next guy with the same knowledge cant

12 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Think she is basing to much on her experienced manager quote.

She seems to be looking at managers who are not wanted by anyone. Managers who have been applying for any job that comes up and hoping to get lucky.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, mitch41 said:

She seems to be looking at managers who are not wanted by anyone. Managers who have been applying for any job that comes up and hoping to get lucky.

Perhaps she is simply ruling them out, whilst taking an opportunity to hear different viewpoints. She could actually being clever here

Cardiff friend just messaged to say Warnock has been offered the gig. Is quite in the know at Cardiff so am checking how sure he is. Treat as gossip at present I think.

My money is on Dougie Freeman, purely on the basis, he was the guy we wanted, before doing a u-turn and heading to Crystal Palace 

definetly worth putting a fiver on

9 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Cardiff friend just messaged to say Warnock has been offered the gig. Is quite in the know at Cardiff so am checking how sure he is. Treat as gossip at present I think.

Offering him the gig on our salary scale is completely different to what he may expect or want.

And throw in a massive £200k per annum transfer fee pot......unless anyone gets sold...

At least no compensation due now.

Edit - have not checked to see what transfer budgets he has had at his other clubs..  :)

Edited by DETTY29

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We couldn't wait to get off that bus. That was down to personality rather than knowledge. Cathro is a respected coach in England, Spain and Portugal.

Because one man didn't have the personality to control a room, doesn't mean the next guy with the same knowledge cant

Agree. 

Fear of failure is no excuse. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

How did you come to that conclusion? 

21 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Wtf are you talking about! 
how do you know who she is talking to? 
Anyone in a job currently, discussions are likely to be confidential. 
Can you list the candidates Ann has whittled it down to. I can’t see this on the Hearts website anywhere but you have clearly seen it to make this comment. 

22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We've been heavily linked to Freedman (employed by Ipswich), Robinson (employed by Motherwell), Ross (wanted by Hibs) and Warnock (unemployed for about half an hour).

Hardly a list that no other club would want.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, GinRummy said:

We've been heavily linked to Freedman (employed by Ipswich), Robinson (employed by Motherwell), Ross (wanted by Hibs) and Warnock (unemployed for about half an hour).

Freedman is at Palace

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Evening News adds

Cotterill to McCall WTF is going on at Tynecastle.

24 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Offering him the gig on our salary scale is completely different to what he may expect or want.

And throw in a massive £200k per annum transfer fee pot......unless anyone gets sold...

At least no compensation due now.

Edit - have not checked to see what transfer budgets he has had at his other clubs..  :)

Had a chat with friend. He said he is rubbish with money but great at free transfers. And that he is minted and money is no issue. He is a bit pissed he walked out on Cardiff. He said the only reason he would go to us is for the challenge of breaking the old firm.

So my reading of it is not that we have offered him, but he is talking to us. And my friend assumed he would only have walked out on Cardiff if he had somewhere to go as he is a bit if a legend there. Two and two put together. Let's see.