• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Pretty sure the tactic is the link or with loads of shit managers so we will all be relieved when McPhee gets it

It's not hearts that's making the links it's the press 

24 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Stop being so sensible. Let us dream.

Sven as DoF with an experienced attack minded manager who gives less of a feck about anything west of Livingston. Couldn't ask for much more. 

Totally agree. However, might not just be a dream considering who our wealthy benefactor is rumoured to be. 😉

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Totally agree. However, might not just be a dream considering who our wealthy benefactor is rumoured to be. 😉

Who?

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Who?

Not really 100% sure just going by what Budge has said that the money to pay the salaries for the new manager and sporting director is not a problem. 

The_razors_edge

Looking at the list of candidates it reminds me of playing Football Manager when you put an advert out for an assistant manager, coach, scout etc. Fire up the advert and wait in anticipation for all the exceptional candidates to apply. Then you receive the list of candidates and you soon realise they’re all shite 🙄

Just now, The_razors_edge said:

Looking at the list of candidates it reminds me of playing Football Manager when you put an advert out for an assistant manager, coach, scout etc. Fire up the advert and wait in anticipation for all the exceptional candidates to apply. Then you receive the list of candidates and you soon realise they’re all shite 🙄

😂😂

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, damo said:

According to wiki Robinson has a better win rate that McCall (at Motherwell)  . 46% compared to 42.5%.  McCall has managed more games however. 

MCcall not top half with Motherwell?

Win ratio is deceptive if it includes cup games and top half v bottom half finnshes. 

Tbh I can't remember. 

McCall finished 3rd with Motherwell before his team was taken to bits the season after. Robinson hasn't finished in the top half yet. 

I'm not championing McCall but he's at least on par with Robinson, who many are. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

MCcall not top half with Motherwell?

Win ratio is deceptive if it includes cup games and top half v bottom half finnshes. 

Tbh I can't remember. 

I think McCall had them finishing second one season when Sevco were out the league but can't remember. I'm sure he also turned down Sheff Utd when there to stay on. He wouldn't be my pick but there are far worse managers than him being linked.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Other than the 2 we’ve interviewed 

Have hearts said who've they've interviewed or is it just press speculation? Think everybody needs to just relax and see who's appointed 

Can't help but think that the selection panel should include Mitch and Dusk, if only to spare us all from their genuine rage whenever the new appointment is announced.

Ricardo Quaresma

Cotterill, Ross & McCall were interviewed

Anyone who wants a wager will get their bank account gleefully emptied 😂

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

What have I missed in regards to Jack Ross? Why's he such a popular choice? 

Done really well with St mirren. 

Think he got alloa promotion as well. 

Failed at Sunderland. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Haken said:

Can't help but think that the selection panel should include Mitch and Dusk, if only to spare us all from their genuine rage whenever the new appointment is announced.

They should be invited to watch through a two way mirror. 

Reactions recorded Google box Stylee as candidates walk in for the interview. 

Italian Lambretta
12 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

What have I missed in regards to Jack Ross? Why's he such a popular choice? 

Out of work and CHEAP

We should be heading hunting rather than seeing who is wanting to put their CV in for it.

Surely we have people who have contacts who can identify if someone is interested in the job and therefore a realistic target. i.e. Hughton, Harris, Robinson (assume that current managers don't send their CV to other clubs?)

Identify the targets we want as manager and then go for them from top to bottom.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 hours ago, Castle rock said:

Record reporting Warnock manager with Sven Goran-Eriksson  sporting director also says jack Ross has been interviewed 

That would be mental.

I think Warnock would really grab the SPL by the balls. 

2 minutes ago, Renoir said:

We should be heading hunting rather than seeing who is wanting to put their CV in for it.

Surely we have people who have contacts who can identify if someone is interested in the job and therefore a realistic target. i.e. Hughton, Harris, Robinson (assume that current managers don't send their CV to other clubs?)

Identify the targets we want as manager and then go for them from top to bottom.

we are , we have asked certain people to put their cvs in aswell as inviting applications.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Renoir said:

You can do both. 

1 minute ago, sac said:

Jack Ross was in Edinburgh yesterday 

So was I, only joking mate. Still think he will get lochend job

Edited by Clerry Jambo

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, sac said:

Jack Ross was in Edinburgh yesterday 

Finalising his deal to Hibs before Ron Gordon goes home today apparently.

Underwhelming. Never claim to be in the know but as you can see from the time stamps info about Steve Cotterill was released well before sky were on it. No one fits into the 2 categories Ann pushed out last week... disappointing.

975445A5-B7C8-4518-98B1-E04F3EB71D86.jpeg

Stuart McCcall is probably as good a candidate as Robinson or Ross but i would prefer a new man to come in with a clean slate with the fans, and not bring with him any baggage (which someone so closely asociated with rangers would do).

The last thing we need is a manager having to win over fans before he even starts.

Byyy The Light
38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They should be invited to watch through a two way mirror. 

Reactions recorded Google box Stylee as candidates walk in for the interview. 

That would be beautiful

How many times would Neil Warnock be fined or banned from the touchline because of his comments about referee's. He's not known for his tactfulness.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, sadj said:

we are , we have asked certain people to put their cvs in aswell as inviting applications.

You been reading the Daily Record again  :lol: 

Is there any unemployed manager who has managed in the top 4 leagues in England or the top 2 in Scotland not linked with the job?

Don't say Craig Levein. 🙄

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

You been reading the Daily Record again  :lol: 

Again 😮 how dare you imply iv even looked at it once in my life. We will be having words 🤬

I take from that the record has said something similar? 

Edited by sadj

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Stuart McCcall is probably as good a candidate as Robinson or Ross but i would prefer a new man to come in with a clean slate with the fans, and not bring with him any baggage (which someone so closely asociated with rangers would do).

The last thing we need is a manager having to win over fans before he even starts.

So a left field overseas manager no-one has really heard of is pretty much our best hope....

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

So a left field overseas manager no-one has really heard of is pretty much our best hope....

Or our worst

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Again 😮 how dare you imply iv even looked at it once in my life. We will be having words 🤬

I take from that the record has said something similar? 

They did, they suggested Hearts had requested Mad Felixs CV. You know where I am for words :)