Odds on next manager

DB-14

2 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Had a chat with friend. He said he is rubbish with money but great at free transfers. And that he is minted and money is no issue. He is a bit pissed he walked out on Cardiff. He said the only reason he would go to us is for the challenge of breaking the old firm.

So my reading of it is not that we have offered him, but he is talking to us. And my friend assumed he would only have walked out on Cardiff if he had somewhere to go as he is a bit if a legend there. Two and two put together. Let's see.

You'll get 5

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Cotterill, Ross & McCall were interviewed

Anyone who wants a wager will get their bank account gleefully emptied 😂

Freedman interview scheduled tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Evening News adds

Cotterill to McCall WTF is going on at Tynecastle.

Change the record, FFS.  Or at least give Side B a spin.

jamboinglasgow

Sounds like with the number of interviews they are doing that it will be a two stage interview. Interview a large number, then narrow it down to a few candidates for a further interviews.

Also find it interesting that no one has talked about this part from the daily record article about Walnock and Sven

"Other candidates with Champions League and experience and some big-name club experience have also already been interviewed."

19 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Let’s be honest no matter who we appoint as SD or manager. Fans will moan. Can’t please everyone. Some people just need to moan about something. 

Certainly Mitch will moan. That’s what he does on here. 

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sounds like with the number of interviews they are doing that it will be a two stage interview. Interview a large number, then narrow it down to a few candidates for a further interviews.

Also find it interesting that no one has talked about this part from the daily record article about Walnock and Sven

"Other candidates with Champions League and experience and some big-name club experience have also already been interviewed."

Interesting the part in quotation marks. Wonder who. 

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

All you do is moan at me. Where I lead many follow even you when you realise you were wrong 

when I was right all along. 

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

All you do is moan at me. Where I lead many follow even you when you realise you were wrong 

You have a cheek saying other people moan too much you absolute moon howler

3 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

You have a cheek saying other people moan too much you absolute moon howler

I never mentioned other people moaning stop making things up.

soonbe110 was my only target about moaning.

Edited by mitch41

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

They are emptying the bins.

😀 Just because they've interviewed (if they even have) a couple of guys you don't rate doesn't mean that;s who we are getting. You're getting a bit wound up over rumours and hearsay mate.

Chill.

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

When was that? 2010? 

Jambo, Goodbye
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

stop making things up

That reminds me,  what was your Stuart McCall source? 

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I would if I could. I’m a retired Plumber for gods sake.

It would be handy.  I mean,  you wouldn't want to look like you've been making things up on Kickback or anything 😕

9 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

That reminds me,  what was your Stuart McCall source? 

I stood behind 2 guys at the Remembrance Service and one of them told the other that Stuart McCall was being spoken to.

That was the first time I had heard his name mentioned in respect of the manager's role

I took it with a pinch of salt

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

How did you come to that conclusion? 

Because Mitch has been approached and turned it down.

That right, Mitch?

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I would if I could. I’m a retired Plumber for gods sake.

No wonder you are like a dripping tap

21 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

Too late mate! The entire Scottish game is geared towards financing the New Firm and retaining their dominance.

The games a bogey as they will not release the majority of finances disproportionately 'given' to them by the other clubs remember! 2 votes always out votes the other 10! They should have been told to Foff in the past, too late now!

Only chance would be broadcasting rights retained by the home clubs, real Hearts TV, then we might be able to generate a fair/ proportionate income instead of the majority going to Rangers BT and the blood suckers at Celtic SKY!

You only need to look at the EBC showing hours of 'the best league in the world'/ endless FA cup and wummins footie that few in Scotland are interested in paying for! Nearly as bad as the laughable STV showing England home games followed by highlights of the same match 30 minutes later!

Bring back Ernie Walker, tell the English/ SKY and BT to block transmission if a Scottish game is being played at the same time unless they pay up!

I don't know what the weather's like on the planet you live on, but the response to that from Sky and BT would be a pretty simple NO! After they'd managed to stop laughing, of course!

Edit: I've no idea what any of your post had to do with who our next manager should be!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting Pep apparently contacted Hibs about Raul Caneda, I wonder if he also contacted ourselves, simply we have been more discreet? Especially with recent links

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Interesting Pep apparently contacted Hibs about Raul Caneda, I wonder if he also contacted ourselves, simply we have been more discreet? Especially with recent links

Hopefully it's a George Weah / Ali Dia style scenario.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Hopefully it's a George Weah / Ali Dia style scenario.

Struck me as strange he would contact Hibs when his club have been active with Hearts.

Seems like the guy has done well in the Middle East where higher profile names have not

2 hours ago, Haken said:

Change the record, FFS.  Or at least give Side B a spin.

Unfortuantely he is a double A-side. A for...

11 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Try reading, it helps, the previous guy suggested the new manager take on the New Firm, I simply pointed out the cards are heavily stacked against that for any proposed manager! Seems a simple premise you missed. SKY and BT would have to negotiate with the rights holders in Scotland if they grew a pair as Ernie Walker had! Enjoy your planet!

They wouldn't HAVE to do anything, viewing figures in Scotland, especially outwith the OF are poor (there are weeks where a kabbadi highlights show on at 1am on a friday morning as better viewing numbers ffs), Sky and BT would walk away rather than pay over the odds

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Cardiff friend just messaged to say Warnock has been offered the gig. Is quite in the know at Cardiff so am checking how sure he is. Treat as gossip at present I think.

personally I’d love Warnock - first choice Stendel but he doesn’t seem likely.

I do think Warnock would want to rip the rule book up up here.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

personally I’d love Warnock - first choice Stendel but he doesn’t seem likely.

I do think Warnock would want to rip the rule book up up here.

Me too mate. Age isn't that much of an issue... I get the feeling that Warnock will be managing until he drops... Very passionate man... 👍

Hope I’m wrong but I suspect the WARNOCK chat is just the media stirring things up. The guy is 71 in a couple of weeks time, has already announced he is retiring from football next summer, or earlier and has already said he has plans for his retirement. Why would he put that on hold to re-locate to Edinburgh for 18 months or so? 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Cotterill now 7/4 favourite, it's changing at least twice a week at the moment. 

He's grown on me. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hope I’m wrong but I suspect the WARNOCK chat is just the media stirring things up. The guy is 71 in a couple of weeks time, has already announced he is retiring from football next summer, or earlier and has already said he has plans for his retirement. Why would he put that on hold to re-locate to Edinburgh for 18 months or so? 

He has a house in Dunoon so not exactly putting on hold a move to the costa del sol/Australia etc 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He did say he was retiring but in the same interview said he’d love a shot at managing in Edinburgh (by which he meant Hearts of course).

He’d get the bug and we’d get this plus 2 seasons IMO.

I’m too optimistic about this happening for it to happen though.....

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

HIBS job Skybet odds

Jack Ross

1/8

Looking like a very hot fav at Hibs, but odds on Kennedy shortening!

image.png.8b91921cb69871e4c96ca967b5e91ede.png

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's grown on me. 

Same here. Interviews well, talks with authority. Worse candidates around 

Shanks said no
Just now, soonbe110 said:

He has a house in Dunoon but that would be 5+ hour round trip so he would probably have to relocate but I can think of worse places to set up a temporary home. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Where is Barry Anderson with who has been interviewed up till now.

He'll have his peepers on here looking for a story like usual 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s an odd character - but he’s desperate to get back in.

He understands English rugby country. Fish out of water in other places

"The Edinburgh club are conducting interviews after sacking Craig Levein and plan to speak with other potential candidates before the weekend... " 🤞

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-hold-interviews-three-managers-replace-craig-levein-more-planned-996992?fbclid=IwAR2aPnIdojZmoAwTLW7xmCJn2OGz4y9bCSINIXu-_pcySoaLYWRkJ9JsjhE