Odds on next manager

DB-14

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Quite worrying if we are interviewing managers of the standard of McCall and Cotterill. Hope Ann knows whats she’s doing and potentially letting herself in for. 

Would rather we stuck with MacPhee than employ these frauds.

We all need to just wait and see who's appointed ! There's loads of names flying about and interviews taking place at present 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

5 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Quite worrying if we are interviewing managers of the standard of McCall and Cotterill. Hope Ann knows whats she’s doing and potentially letting herself in for. 

Would rather we stuck with MacPhee than employ these frauds.

In starting to get the fear with this appointment and the names linked so far. If any of these names are appointed then hope its a short term appointment to end of season

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

every article I’ve googled says not easy on the eye, one striker, effective.. the only exemption to that being Bristol where his team seemed good.. 

we dont want a guy in his mid 50’s - who will inevitably play 80’s and 90’s style football.. 

Been thinking this for long enough. The old guard, the Ex-Hearts players etc.  Done!!!

We should be looking at younger, big name ex-professionals that the current Hearts squad will admire, look up to and be motivated by. Gerrard is a fine example of that. 
Scholes and Keane being others of that ilk IMO. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We all need to just wait and see who's appointed ! There's loads of names flying about and interviews taking place at present 

Be too late then once appointed 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Said earlier I would rather have Neilson back than taking a chance on managers who are struggling for a gig

As would I however I haven’t  heard that he is interested. You call out Cotterill etc as lower league managers/failures. Relatively speaking that’s what Ross and Robinson and to a great extent Nielson are.  Reality is though that is where we are as a club albeit one with potential and a good financial base.  These are the guys that map to our status as a club. The only other options are to do a Rangers/Chelsea and go for recently retired player with no management experience or chuck  a ton of money at a big name. I’d rather we spent our money on players. 

Edited by soonbe110

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

In starting to get the fear with this appointment and the names linked so far. If any of these names are appointed then hope its a short term appointment to end of season

Plus one. 

I think we should be informed who our advisers are 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

As would I however I haven’t  heard that he is interested. You call out Cotterill etc as lower league managers/failures. Relatively speaking that’s what Ross and Robinson and to a great extent Nielson are.  Reality is though that is where we are as a club albeit one with potential and a good financial base.  These are the guys that map to our status as a club. The only other options are to do a Rangers/Chelsea and go for recently retired player with no management experience or chuck  a ton of money at a big name. I’d rather we spent our money on players. 

Sums it all up nicely 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Be too late then once appointed 

Well it's a bit negative to right anybody off before they're appointed 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Plus one. 

I think we should be informed who our advisers are 

You would think Mrs Budge has never hired senior management before in her career. I’m sure she knows what she is doing. 

I honestly do not understand some fans expectations. We're not ****ing Barcelona. 

Hardly anybody seems to know who they want as Manager, but at the same time they do know all the applicants are s****.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Ross and Robinson or Neilson are current and know our League and the players in it. 

Taking strangers in, well they have to be better than those quoted. 

The standard so far imho is average at best and largely unemployed. 

Smacks me we are unsure of what we are looking to achieve 

41 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes

I wonder why Stuart McCall  could get an interview when he should of been in the 

Not on your nelly list. If this is who Ann Budge is interviewing we are in trouble.

My god what is going on in her head. Has McCall said he would accept all of Levein’s

coaching staff which has got him the interview.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You would think Mrs Budge has never hired senior management before in her career. I’m sure she knows what she is doing. 

That will explain the last 3 year 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Mister Dee said:

I honestly do not understand some fans expectations. We're not ****ing Barcelona. 

Hardly anybody seems to know who they want as Manager, but at the same time they do know all the applicants are s****.

Exactly but Mrs Budge has set herself up here with her big name statement which she shouldn't have said in my opinion 

Maroon Sailor

I think Cotterill will have a good interview.

He talks a good game anyway. Every player he talks about that he has worked with in the past is a lovely lad as well.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If Stuart McCall got interviewed we must question her judgement.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Ross and Robinson or Neilson are current and know our League and the players in it. 

Taking strangers in, well they have to be better than those quoted. 

The standard so far imho is average at best and largely unemployed. 

Smacks me we are unsure of what we are looking to achieve 

Ross and Robinson have done nothing, zero, in our league (SPFL) to justify us selecting them. Alloa, St.Mirren is night and day away from being top man at Hearts. Robinson’s record at Well is average at best and they are a bottom 6 club year after year. 
Nielson has at least had his team performing at the top end of SPFL more than once. 
Again, who are your candidates that are at the level you think we should be hiring ? 

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

People actually wanting Robbie back? 

I don’t but I’d take him back before Ross or Robinson or Robbo or McCall. 

What is 80s and 90s style football?  I’d take a couple of our teams from those times in a minute compare to the utter shite we’ve suffered recently.  

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McPhee’s reputation grows by the minute. He’ll be the Dalai Lama next.

If he is that good why is he still at Hearts.

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I wonder why Stuart McCall  could get an interview when he should of been in the 

Not on your nelly list. If this is who Ann Budge is interviewing we are in trouble.

My god what is going on in her head. Has McCall said he would accept all of Levein’s

That’s just nonsense Mitch. McCalls management career has been with mostly basket case clubs or clubs going through a bad time. He did have Well playing well a few years ago. 
im surprised he has been interviewed. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

What is 80s and 90s style football?  I’d take a couple of our teams from those times in a minute compare to the utter shite we’ve suffered recently.  

4-3-3 ?

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ian Black slaughters former Rangers boss Stuart McCall with ‘are you ****ing winding me up you ^^^^?' rant

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So how do we persuade an English or German top league manager to move here? Who would you hire? 

Your so negative. How would we get him, why would he come here, we can’t afford him, he’s too good for us, he’s left handed and writes with his right hand.

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Stuart McCall

It's a yes from me

You've been making statements on this site for years that no other Hearts fan would. What's your game?

12 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Correct

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

I tend to agree, but guaranteed the west coast meegia will co-erce any new coach into saying how powerful the old firm are.... and should he disagree, I guarantee he will be ridiculed daily in our press and any credibility he has will be torn to shreds by our football hacks and pundits

hard to disagree we have to just hope if we  do manage to secure one of these guys that they strong enough to ignore it 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s just nonsense Mitch. McCalls management career has been with mostly basket case clubs or clubs going through a bad time. He did have Well playing well a few years ago. 
im surprised he has been interviewed. 

Utter rubbish. If Ann Budge was wanting the likes of Ian Murray you’d be telling us he’s the next Fergie.

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So who would you interview on your short list of say 3-5 candidates?  Easy to say no to every name that comes up so let’s hear some suggestions please. 

I really like what I’ve heard of Stendel, think Robbo as SD and Stendel as manager would be a great uplifting appointment I really like the German managers - they all seem to do a good gig

that aside..  look at what rangers have got from Gerrard, or how good Frank Lampard has been .. 

using them for an example go get an ex player with a clear vision of what he wants.. one name that came up in an earlier thread was Gio Van Bronckhorst, out of work for nearly 2 years. maybe it’s fantasy but maybe he fancies a toe hold in the British game for a couple of years or how  about Reno Gattuso.. again unemployed and would maybe fancy any sort of opportunity to get into the British game..

some of these names are probably fantasy, most of all I just don’t want to go down the same path that we’ve tried before.. I think we need someone young, hungry, respected, wants to play exciting football, doesn’t come with years of baggage and previous failures which will have folk like me doubting them from the off

if we can’t dig up anyone like that, I’d rather give it to a Robinson, 3 years before Stevie Naismith takes over.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Not to undermine your point on recent fair being terrible which is spot on,

but the sport has evolved .. those team we had in the 80’s and 90’s had some great players, but football has moved on, the tempo is higher, the Organised press didn’t really exist, it was slow, ponderous, work it out wide all the time, or launch it and feed off the second ball.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The guy has been carted out of every club wrecked. 

He is only looking to us because he is desperate. 

Absolutely not 

Fair enough.

That’s what happens when you don’t head hunt a manager. You get the Billy Davies, Stuart McCalls and Steve Cotterills applying. 🤷🏼‍♂️

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Utter rubbish. If Ann Budge was wanting the likes of Ian Murray you’d be telling us he’s the next Fergie.

ian Murray’s joining the Black Eyed Peas?

Italian Lambretta

FS 56 pages off utter pish. This is judt as bad as the politics in the uk at the moment. 

Here's an easy option just move McPhee to Sporting Director and get Paulo back until the end of the season. 

If its not working then we'll sort it all out once the season is over. 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

FS 56 pages off utter pish. This is judt as bad as the politics in the uk at the moment. 

Here's an easy option just move McPhee to Sporting Director and get Paulo back until the end of the season. 

That’s as a big a load of pish as anything else on the thread 😂

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

So it’s all utter pish except your post?

Do you even believe that?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If it’s factual media your looking for and not idle gossip, rumour and trolling football forums aren’t for you mate.

though to be fair Austin Power and Paulo is a better suggestion than most.. would certainly have the fans onside

and we’d get a good song back 

Edited by kingantti1874

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Your so negative. How would we get him, why would he come here, we can’t afford him, he’s too good for us, he’s left handed and writes with his right hand.

Another gross exaggeration as well as just making things up but  - answer the question - how do we attract a top league manager from England or Germany ? 

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

You've been making statements on this site for years that no other Hearts fan would. What's your game?

I just like to have a laugh tbh. McCalls not a bad manager though and I've heard worse suggestions 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not to undermine your point on recent fair being terrible which is spot on,

but the sport has evolved .. those team we had in the 80’s and 90’s had some great players, but football has moved on, the tempo is higher, the Organised press didn’t really exist, it was slow, ponderous, work it out wide all the time, or launch it and feed off the second ball.. 

Not sure I fully agree.  Passing game isn’t a new thing(as you know). All you need to do is go and watch some old English first division matches with the best teams of the time and of course, some of our own football.

Watched a game recently between Liverpool and Everton. (Around 1986,87) Incredible pace to the game, touch, passing, effort....it’s all there.  Everyone pressed, it wasn’t a modern day thing.  Then you watch some Hearts games. I call it variety. Hearts could go long but the touch, perception, anticipation and the way players dealt with the ball just isn’t there in players today, certainly in our league. 

I try to love football as it comes but there’s no chance Scottish football is as good as it used to be.  

Edited by Debut 4

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Couldn’t resist. More pish! 

14 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

he’s a Hibs troll or brain damaged. Read his post history. 

6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

That’s not an easy option it’s just wasting time.