• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Steve Cotterills records a bit hit and miss but I suppose it depends on the position of the club he was at during that time. 

Massive massive experience though and he’s won 3 league titles, 2 cups, 2 other promotions through the play offs and as a runner up in the league. Albiet at lower level. 

Definitely one to consider. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Oh ****ing hell no.. another old school boring manager.. No Thanks

Not sure about type of football his teams play but his record as manager is pretty impressive given most clubs have hired him when in relegation trouble. Won a good few trophies. 

kingantti1874
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not sure about type of football his teams play but his record as manager is pretty impressive given most clubs have hired him when in relegation trouble. Won a good few trophies. 

every article I’ve googled says not easy on the eye, one striker, effective.. the only exemption to that being Bristol where his team seemed good.. 

we dont want a guy in his mid 50’s - who will inevitably play 80’s and 90’s style football.. 

55 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jesus Christ :rofl:

Our football club has spent three years “saying the right things.” If football came down to talking a good game we’d be winning everything. Unfortunately our lot (and I include McPhee is this as an integral part of the coaching staff) never deliver on what they say.

:spoton:

Leveins Battalion

Why are we wasting time on pish like Stuart McCall and Steve Cotterill?

Who is advising Ann Budge that these guys are worth an interview ?

Worrying if true.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

every article I’ve googled says not easy on the eye, one striker, effective.. the only exemption to that being Bristol where his team seemed good.. 

we dont want a guy in his mid 50’s - who will inevitably play 80’s and 90’s style football.. 

Think you are reading wrong articles. His teams tend to  be too gung ho 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

yup, having done more reading, it seems to be he does well. His Bristol City team that won League 1 scored 112 goals in all competitions that season, a bit more about that season below

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32512953

Shanks said no

Skybet at 19:43 - I have been up the castle so have missed the excitement of the new name 

Austin MacPhee

6/4

Neil Warnock

4/1

John Robertson

5/1

Steve Cotterill

6/1

Steve Robinson

8/1

Jack Ross

10/1

Mark Hughes

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

certainly not at Birmingham City

He was only there five months, lots of best players injured and huge boardroom war raging.  But five months isn’t long enough to judge any manager. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He wouldn’t be the worst by an absolute distance. He’d probably be pretty decent. File alongside Nigel Adkins in the mibbies. 

But if we’re reject him, it’s because there’s someone better, therefore that must be a good thing? 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He wouldn’t be the worst by an absolute distance. He’d probably be pretty decent. File alongside Nigel Adkins in the mibbies. 

But if we’re reject him, it’s because there’s someone better, therefore that must be a good thing? 

Freedman leads. 

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

😂

The man who said this (see below) on another thread re Jack Ross...you can't even remember what you posted

'Next Manager; you

heard it here first 😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Steve Cotterills records a bit hit and miss but I suppose it depends on the position of the club he was at during that time. 

Massive massive experience though and he’s won 3 league titles, 2 cups, 2 other promotions through the play offs and as a runner up in the league. Albiet at lower level. 

Definitely one to consider. 

:notsure:

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

The man who said this (see below) on another thread re Jack Ross...you can't even remember what you posted

'Next Manager; you

heard it here first 😄

Subsequent post stated that post should be ignored

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Classic kickback 

True though, in my opinion we need a positive, forward thinking progressive choice this time around.  

that aside I think we should have a clear vision of how we want to play and who we want to Put in place implement it.. I don’t like this throw open the doors and see who wants it approach..

if we want Robinson- go get him, I’m not entirely convinced by him either but I’d take some confidence from the fact the club know what they want.. 

this feels like scrap heap challenge

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He was only there five months, lots of best players injured and huge boardroom war raging.  But five months isn’t long enough to judge any manager. 

Be lucky to get 5 games here.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Freedmans got the worst record out of everyone that’s ever been linked :rofl:

That’s classic kickback rubbish. Just not true whatever way you look at it. Successful, for a period, at all three clubs. Reasons for departure at Forest were transfer embargo and Owner wanting Nigel Clough. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

True though, in my opinion we need a positive, forward thinking progressive choice this time around.  

that aside I think we should have a clear vision of how we want to play and who we want to Put in place implement it.. I don’t like this throw open the doors and see who wants it approach..

if we want Robinson- go get him, I’m not entirely convinced by him either but I’d take some confidence from the fact the club know what they want.. 

this feels like scrap heap challenge

So who would you interview on your short list of say 3-5 candidates?  Easy to say no to every name that comes up so let’s hear some suggestions please. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would rather have  Robinson than Cotterill. 

100%  have we learned nothing from Hibs? An English lower League manager. 

And with lower stock than Heckingbottom. 

I'm out if hes the answer.  Outrageous he is being interviewed. 

Another example of a downward spiral 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Freedmans got the worst record out of everyone that’s ever been linked :rofl:

Maybe, but that appointment would not surprise me at all. 😏

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How no Gio? 

The guy has been carted out of every club wrecked. 

He is only looking to us because he is desperate. 

Absolutely not 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not saying that I want him - Stendal & MacPhee as SD would do me - but:

Have we heard of Cotterill?  Yes

Had we heard of Heckingbottom?  I hadn't; that might just be my ignorance.

Cotterill is a higher profile name, as are the others who have come out in the last two days.  I'm not saying any of them would be a guaranteed success though. 

Hampden Demolition

Quite worrying if we are interviewing managers of the standard of McCall and Cotterill. Hope Ann knows whats she’s doing and potentially letting herself in for. 

Would rather we stuck with MacPhee than employ these frauds.

5 hours ago, pointon said:

Ann better be circling the wagons if Austin and his band of brothers get this gig

Ooh, are you organising an attack? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So how do we persuade an English or German top league manager to move here? Who would you hire? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Forrest said:

Not saying that I want him - Stendal & MacPhee as SD would do me - but:

Have we heard of Cotterill?  Yes

Had we heard of Heckingbottom?  I hadn't; that might just be my ignorance.

Cotterill is a higher profile name, as are the others who have come out in the last two days.  I'm not saying any of them would be a guaranteed success though. 

Unfortunately I knew Heckingbottom only too well. 

Cotterill also has a habit of shifting. Unpredictable character. If the players don't take to him it will end quickly 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, soonbe110 said:

So how do we persuade an English or German top league manager to move here? Who would you hire? 

Said earlier I would rather have Neilson back than taking a chance on managers who are struggling for a gig