• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Feeling really unenthusiastic regarding any of the names we are being linked with. I'm actually upset about both Cotterill or McCall even being mentioned. None of the names that have been thrown out there are filling me with any confidence. Theres got to be someone better out there. I wish Alex Neil was available. I don't want to see Hartley, Pressley, Daly, Robertson, Austin or anyone previously linked/ played for our club. We need a change in mentality in order to move forward. I was excited about who would come in to replace Levein however so far its been incredibly depressing stuff. And I have very little faith in Budge.

Based on a bunch of random names on a bookies list, or Mitch's rant about McCall being interviewed which has no substance at all?

Throw some names about that you fancy and we can debate them? 

The frustration is clearly down to impatience. Even Stendel who some seem excited about didnt win a game in 10 attempts, yet lots of posters seemed to have watched his team, which I doubt. Nathan Jones, I know a Stoke fan, they couldnt wait to get rid, but because he did well in League 1 he is another good alternative? 

Admittedly I dont really have a name to throw out, but I'm also pretty patient and dont feel the need to shit the bed quite yet.

If it is Jack Ross, then I for one am glad we are appointing a Sporting Director. Not doing cartwheels at the thought of Öztürk and Reilly pitching up.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Difference being, they all did good jobs before that. Unlike Freedman who’s done nowt. Jack Ross is less of a punt than Freedman. 

Why have Crystal Palace hired him subsequently then? I think you are underestimating the difficultly of the managerial job market in England. From the top of my head, the only managers I can think of who haven't been sacked down there are Ferguson, Klopp and Pep. 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s funnier if you imagine an actual rabbit. :lol: 

Real rabbits, if that's the case it has to be the German giant rabbit. That is one big bunny. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I can’t see Paul Scholes taking any job in Scottish football and certainly not at a wage that Hearts would be able to afford but I can tell you now, I’d take him in a minute.

Arguably more successful than Stevie G at Rangers and he’d have the command of the dressing room through respect alone. His experience in football is better than anyone we’ll end up getting And imagine the revenue stream boost from the attention he’d bring. 

anyway, I’m gonna wake up and have ma cornflakes and wait for MacPhee to get announced 😂

He talks mince as a pundit. 

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You don’t interview folk that are not high on your list, surely? 🤦🏻‍♂️

You get them out the way. But their CV is decent enough for an interview

Or you do the jobs I go for

Edited by rudi must stay

14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You don’t interview folk that are not high on your list, surely? 🤦🏻‍♂️

That is exactly my take on it, if you speak to someone you must be taking them seriously. It looks apparent that they have not actually identified any targets they are just screening the applications and selecting applicants. If that is indeed the case then after the length of time Levein was not fit for purpose why were they not identifying prospective successors? It beggars belief quite honestly. If they are really that clueless then appoint a sporting director and get them to actively lead the search for the manager. 

59 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Good record as a manager,makes you wonder why he is not with a club.

He's had serious health issues apparantly which required a major operation. 

He's recovered fully and is now desperate to work again on a fresh challenge.

Warnock for me. I don’t care about his politics even if I disagree with them, he’s a winner and a man manager and we need a character. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

McCall

A vaguely decent season with us and he’d be back to the Hun when Gerrard ****s off next year.

Absolutely pointless appointment who’d bend over backwards to allow them to win a league this year or next.

Jesus. One thing worse than sticking with ex-Jambos would be to have an Old Firm diehard as our manager.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bazzas right boot

Depending on who else is interested, McCall may not be a bad shout. 

McCall has done far more than Robinson for example and people are championing him. 

Not my first pick, but I think my picks are out of our reach tbh. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why have Crystal Palace hired him subsequently then? I think you are underestimating the difficultly of the managerial job market in England. From the top of my head, the only managers I can think of who haven't been sacked down there are Ferguson, Klopp and Pep. 

Well, he’s a Sporting Director first of all and secondly he’s a Palace legend. 

12 minutes ago, Jodami said:

That is exactly my take on it, if you speak to someone you must be taking them seriously. It looks apparent that they have not actually identified any targets they are just screening the applications and selecting applicants. If that is indeed the case then after the length of time Levein was not fit for purpose why were they not identifying prospective successors? It beggars belief quite honestly. If they are really that clueless then appoint a sporting director and get them to actively lead the search for the manager. 

Agree totally. If the board make the wrong choice, they are as incompetent as I’m starting to think they are. 

MacPhee
6/4
Steve Cotterill
11/4
Neil Warnock
4/1
John Robertson
5/1
Steve Robinson
8/1
Jack Ross
10/1
Mark Hughes
12/1
Roy Keane
14/1
Andy Kirk
16/1
Felix Magath
16/1

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

Based on a bunch of random names on a bookies list, or Mitch's rant about McCall being interviewed which has no substance at all?

Throw some names about that you fancy and we can debate them? 

The frustration is clearly down to impatience. Even Stendel who some seem excited about didnt win a game in 10 attempts, yet lots of posters seemed to have watched his team, which I doubt. Nathan Jones, I know a Stoke fan, they couldnt wait to get rid, but because he did well in League 1 he is another good alternative? 

Admittedly I dont really have a name to throw out, but I'm also pretty patient and dont feel the need to shit the bed quite yet.

My wife is away to change the bedsheets :)

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Steve Cotterill ..... at last a name worthy of consideration!!

After reading a bit about him I’m warming to the idea. He’d certainly make us worth watching with his attacking football. 

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Sarcastic post alert

I don’t think he is being sarcastic. 

5 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Steve Cotterill ..... at last a name worthy of consideration!!

I agree! 

If Sven Goran Eriksson comes in as our DoF that would be amazing. Huge name and well connected, plus would give us a bit of fun I think. 

What's everyone's issue with Cotterill? Heaps of experience at big clubs, seems to have played good football, isnt that old. Am I missing something? Certainly a lot better than some of the names being banded about.

6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

McCall

A vaguely decent season with us and he’d be back to the Hun when Gerrard ****s off next year.

Absolutely pointless appointment who’d bend over backwards to allow them to win a league this year or next.

Jesus. One thing worse than sticking with ex-Jambos would be to have an Old Firm diehard as our manager.

Agree.Would say he was not worthy of a interview.

30 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

If Sven Goran Eriksson comes in as our DoF that would be amazing. Huge name and well connected, plus would give us a bit of fun I think. 

What's everyone's issue with Cotterill? Heaps of experience at big clubs, seems to have played good football, isnt that old. Am I missing something? Certainly a lot better than some of the names being banded about.

I would agree about Cotterill, I'd be happy if he was given the job. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to discredit him shortly though and tell us how mince he is. This forum is laughable at times, would find fault if we appointed Pep or Klopp

7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

McCall, Cotterill etc absolutely no chance will they be appointed

Yesterdays men

Cotterill is only 55

Yesterdays men

So Robinson or Holt then?

Anybody from down south or a big league abroad will all be yesterday’s men. 

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sven wants the SD job, does he?

Right you are.

:lol:

I reckon he would be great? No? Guy knows his football and is a major name. Would certainly help our international draw.

12 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jesus Christ :rofl:

Our football club has spent three years “saying the right things.” If football came down to talking a good game we’d be winning everything. Unfortunately our lot (and I include McPhee is this as an integral part of the coaching staff) never deliver on what they say.

Absolutely get the hipster to **** 

Yesterdays men

Cotterill - Three years older than Klopp

Seven years older than Guardiola

Yesterdays man in what context? 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Depending on who else is interested, McCall may not be a bad shout. 

McCall has done far more than Robinson for example and people are championing him. 

Not my first pick, but I think my picks are out of our reach tbh. 

According to wiki Robinson has a better win rate that McCall (at Motherwell)  . 46% compared to 42.5%.  McCall has managed more games however. 

Just now, Barack said:

I can't see the link or the reasoning. So, I'm dismissing it as DR talk, despite the obvious benefits. Warnock for us...that's got far more reality I believe.

I would argue we are a bigger job than managing the Philippines national team which was his last job. He has no doubt made millions in China before that so why not.*

Warnock has said before he would love a crack at us and he spends time up here on holiday so can see that.

* appreciate the DR has no journalistic credibility. 

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

I can't see the link or the reasoning. So, I'm dismissing it as DR talk, despite the obvious benefits. Warnock for us...that's got far more reality I believe.

Can you imagine Warnock after a game against the ugly sisters if Gollum or Beaton are in charge? If he thinks the officials are poor down south, he may burst into flames in rage up here

Edit: I'd be happy with him or Cotterril in charge

Edited by dazinho88

Vlad the impaler
7 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

Warnock for me. I don’t care about his politics even if I disagree with them, he’s a winner and a man manager and we need a character. 

Exactly my thoughts. Out of the shortlist to be that’s mentioned he is bar far the man to unite the support and get a siege mentality to climb the league. He won the championship afew years back at a canter and that’s one of the hardest leagues to win

Edited by Vlad the impaler

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

* Only topped it up in China. The Philippines probably went into recession paying him. :lol:

IF, he is interested...then yes, money is of course no concern. He could do it for free if he wanted. However, I think Sven chat is silly season. There are bigger things out there for him to do, if all he is is bored, & wants a vanity project.

Filing Sven in Room 101.

Stop being so sensible. Let us dream.

Sven as DoF with an experienced attack minded manager who gives less of a feck about anything west of Livingston. Couldn't ask for much more. 

Did the McCall rumour come from someone on here asking if he'd been interviewed and someone else saying yes?

Edited by jambo_No5

3 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Did the McCall rumour come from someone on here asking if he'd been interviewed and someone else saying yes?

More than likely 

Horatio Caine
5 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Rumour came from the thread in Mitch's name.  No idea where he got his info.